Jump to ratings and reviews

Hoops #2.5

Hoops Holiday

A jock, a journalist and a second chance...

MacKenzie Decker was a question Avery never got to ask, much less answer.
They met when she was a young reporter fueled by ambition, and the ink on Deck's first NBA contract was barely dry. Years later, they've climbed so high and lost so much, but one thing hasn't changed. The attraction that simmered between them in a locker room before is still there. With success like theirs, everything has been possible... except them.

That was then.
But what about now?

*Hoops Holiday Collection consists of FULL-COURT PRESS, a HOOPS novella originally published in the TEAM PLAYER Anthology. It has been expanded with all-new, never-before-published content & epilogue.

It also includes Christmas-themed short stories for characters from LONG SHOT and BLOCK SHOT, books 1 and 2 of the series.

194 pages, Kindle Edition

AMAZON:

FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/KennedyRyanAuthor/

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/kennedyryan1/

KENNEDY RYAN BOOKS - https://www.facebook.com/groups/68160...

I write contemporary romance and women's fiction. I always give my characters their happily ever after, but I love to make them work for it! It's a long road to love, so sit back and enjoy the ride.

I am wife to the love of my life, mom to a special, beautiful son, and a friend to those living with autism through my charitable foundation.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
80 (2%)
1 star
12 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 577 reviews
Profile Image for ♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️.
508 reviews1,887 followers
OMFGILOOOOOVEDTHISNOVELLA!!!!

It's hard to get a book hangover from a novella, don't you think? It doesn't happen to me very often, but Deck and Avery's story not only pulled me out of my book funk, it gave me book hangover. SO thanks for that Kennedy! *side eyes you*

I legit never wanted this story to end. I wish it was longer, but she told their story PERFECTLY. Full Court Press is sexier than hell. A wonderful and heart felt second chance romance. And their chemistry? OH. GOD. It gave me all these butterflies. *faints* I had this huge ass grin while reading. I even shed a few tears. I'm still all up in my feelings! I could cry from thinking about this story I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I just don't want to leave their world.

And there's bonus content! If you've read LONG SHOT or BLOCK SHOT (and if not, what the hell man? They're on my top reads of 2018, you MUST read them!) The bonus content is A DELICIOUS TREAT. Oh jesus. I loved being in August, Iris, Jared and Banner's worlds again. Some of my all time fave characters ever! I couldn't get enough of them!

HOOPS HOLIDAY is live for 99 cents for a limited time and #FREE in #KU!
AMAZON ➙ https://amzn.to/2S3lMCT

GOODREADS: http://bit.ly/AUGUSTAndIRIS

BLOCK SHOT
AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2Eamr21
GOODREADS: http://bit.ly/JAREDandBANNER

Profile Image for Christy.
3,714 reviews31.6k followers
 photo IMG_2661_zpsl1yqoats.jpg

Hoops Holiday was a fantastic story of two side characters from Kennedy Ryan’s ‘Hoops’ series. I loved reading about Avery and Deck! If you’ve read her story in the anthology ‘Team Player’ then you’ve already met this couple. I loved reading their story then, and I loved it now with a little more content and an extended epilogue!

Avery and Deker have bit of a second chance romance. The first time these two met 10 years ago, they had a connection, but Deck’s cocky attitude ruined it for them. Now fast forward 10 years and they wind up working together. Avery is not crazy about this idea, but it’s out of her control. I loved both of these characters. Their story was incredible. I love the way Kennedy writes and the emotion she puts in her story. This one brought me to tears and really did bring all the feels!

As much as I loved this novella, my favorite part about Hoops Holiday was the Christmas-themed bonus material featuring both Iris & August and Banner & Jared. I love both of these couples so much and getting to read more about them was a huge treat! This is a must read for sure!
Profile Image for Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••.
987 reviews1,800 followers
December 18, 2018
This series is simply gushing with love❣️❣️

Avery and Decker meet 10 years prior, and the attraction was instant. But the timing, was all wrong.....
So flash forward to New York, a decade later and these two come face to face as Deck is filling in on Avery's talk show for 3 weeks as her co-host is out.
The attraction that has been hidden beneath the surface over the last 10 years is still there, simmering but quickly starting to sizzle. Deck is determined not to waste this opportunity to get into Avery's life this time and give this attraction the chance it deserves.

Avery is struggling to overcome some situations that she has dealt with for the last few years, mainly in the last year. What surprised me most, is how absolutely wonderful and patient Deck was, so understanding and compassionate with Avery. Deck is the kind on man that every woman wants, totally swoon worthy, hot, sexy, and yeah, you get it!!

The playfulness, the banter, the spark that consistently flashes between these two, is so undeniable.
The story simply flows so well and the characters real-like and believable and so easy to relate too. Although a quick story, it certainly sucked my attention from start to end. I can not wait till the next Hoops book❤️

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Profile Image for Hulya Kara Yuksel.
870 reviews1,049 followers
December 12, 2018

Ahhh I'm going to keep this review short and sweet. :) This novella made me feel all warm and fuzzy. So thank you very much, Ms.Ryan. <3

And now I can't wait to read "Hook Shot" :)

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤
Profile Image for Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic.
2,472 reviews1,204 followers
December 22, 2018
This story is about a basketball star and a sports reporter. It's about a chance that never was but now could be. It's about finding happiness in oneself in order to realize true happiness with another. It's full of life lessons and truths that could apply to anyone of us. It tackles both joy and pain, attraction and denial, and the wonders of real love. Full-Court Press is short and sweet and sexy and stunning in its complexity.

We both have pasts and we've both had pain, but what we've never had was each other.

I've found another book boyfriend and his name is Deck!! This man was truly what BBFs are supposed to be all about - honorable, charismatic, ambitious, determined, kind and considerate, patient and understanding, and beyond sexy as heck. Another man has officially been added to my harem and he's in good company.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr
Profile Image for Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️.
813 reviews829 followers
5 “Holiday Cheers” Stars

Kennedy Ryan and her amazing storytelling. Even in a novella, her emotional and deeply powerful words are for a novella to feel like a full novel. A second chance romance - Two people who meet in a locker room, the NBA Star, Decker and the reporter, Avery. But life has a way of not being the right time.....but 10 years later, the time just might be right. But time and life has a way of making romance difficult. The author creates a story that is fully deep and emotional. The discovery of love between Decker and Avery is a slow burn, full of sexual tension and eventually blissful love.

And to add an extra cherry on this already delicious holiday sundae, new Long Shot and Block Shot material are featured at the end of Full Court Press novella. Getting more Iris and August and Banner and Jared was scrumptious and devine. They bring a full court smile to an already smiling face.

*advanced copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
December 15, 2018
'Hoops Holiday,' consists of a STANDALONE novella entitled, 'FULL COURT PRESS,' which was previously published in the TEAM PLAYER Anthology but has been expanded with brand new content & a gorgeous epilogue. Avery and Deck's story is not to be missed and a solid example of the writing prowess of Kennedy Ryan. In addition to this, readers and fans of the Hoops series of standalone novels have been gifted bonus story content, so YES, we have been given more Long Shot (August and Iris) and more Block Shot (Jarred and Banner.) The more is so, so good, like visiting old friends and falling back into easy chat with them, sharing their love and learning all their recent news.

‘Full Court Press,' is the love story of Avery and Deck. Once, a long time ago, they shared a moment in time, a moment that made me smile, but would that moment ever lead to anything more? This is the starting point for Kennedy Ryan’s sports romance novella and as the story unfolds readers are treated to a tale of love, loss, second chances, and passion all wrapped up in a delicious and sexy prose that gave me all the feels.

Avery is beautiful, fun and feisty. A sports presenter who has clawed her way up to co-hosting her own show. She’s experienced hurt and loss which is showcased eloquently through the narrative. Her story is depicted with just the right amount of evocative detail to allow the reader to understand her state of mind, empathize with her emotions and believe in her actions and feelings. Deck, the sporting hero at the heart of this romance is a basketball playing legend who’s heading for greatness. A kind and sensitive man with an easy-going nature and fun personality whom I fell effortlessly in love with. He has both beauty and brains transitioning from player to legend. A man who I believe in, have faith in and trust implicitly such is the development Kennedy Ryan packs into this novella length story. The couple’s undeniable chemistry and the relationship that evolves between them, allows, 'Full Court Press,' to develop into a story with a rich narrative that, although novella in size, is mighty in substance.

●INCLUDES:
--Full-Court Press novella, originally published in the TEAM PLAYER Anthology (expanded with new content & epilogue) (Avery + Deck's story)
--NEW, never-before-read content for LONG SHOT (Iris & August) and for BLOCK SHOT (Banner & Jared)

LONG SHOT: https://amzn.to/2xYBvv5
BLOCK SHOT: http://mybook.to/BlockShot

★Never miss a release by texting KennedyRyan to 797979

Beta read *

Teaser made by myself with stock pictures I purchased and the authors cover.
Profile Image for Warda.
1,094 reviews17.4k followers
December 25, 2021
Kennedy Ryan is just incapable of writing a bad story.

Catching up with the couples from Long Shot and Block Shot felt so good! I never want their story to end.

This also includes a story with Avery and Mack, which I loved.

Trigger warnings for depression and loss of a loved one through suicide.
Profile Image for TJ *Book Twins Reviews*.
1,038 reviews2,383 followers
December 12, 2018
How does Kennedy Ryan do it?? Repeated perfection! Gah! She’s slays every single time....even when she writes novellas and bonus scenes. I bow down to her greatness.

Here’s what you need to know:
The writing is impeccable. It is signature KR!
The characters are fleshed out and engaging. That’s often hard to do in a novel, but the author does a great job of giving us a sense of who they are and what they’ve been through.
The cast is diverse and witty. That’s always a bonus for me.
The love story is ACES! Avery and Deck had a brief encounter that didn’t go so great, but after some time and distance they come together. And trust me...it’s explosive and worth the wait! Deck is LUSH! Pure yum!

The Block Shot short got me right in the feels. I love Banner and Jared so, so much. Any time I can get more of them, I’m all for it.

Overall, this was a super fun read and I highly recommend it.
**********BETA READ***********
Profile Image for Malene.
1,172 reviews500 followers
December 15, 2018
Avery and Decker’s connection is obvious to anyone. When I first was introduced to them in Long Shot I could already tell they had chemistry in spades. How they acted around one another and looked at each other only made me want to know their story even more.

In Hoops Holiday I finally got Avery and Decker’s story and it’s filled with lust, attraction, loss and pain. I enjoyed every interaction between them. Just waiting for them to pounce on one another but it wasn’t that easy. They both come with baggage, one more painful than the other. It’s not easy to accept the loss and move on but Avery tries because of Decker and he’s a patient man. For Avery cause she’s worth it. This novella about this couple delivered on all accounts.

The stocking stuffers are just an added bonus to Avery and Decker’s story. They add more to the Long Shot and Block Shot universe. I was salivating while reading. Enjoying every word from Kennedy Ryan and making me crazy with want for Lotus and Kenan’s upcoming story. Yes, they are called stocking stuffers but it felt like so much more. Another layer to these awesome couples in the Hoops family. This was truly an early Christmas present.

5 Content Stars

I received an arc
Profile Image for Priskah.
57 reviews54 followers
November 27, 2022
3,5✨✨✨
Happy Holidays everyone!!! 🎉🎊🌟⛄⛄🎄🎄
Profile Image for Rochelle ♡.
381 reviews201 followers
January 30, 2019

I’m super chuffed Hoops Holiday is my first story by Kennedy Ryan—it is packed with depth, emotions, soaring love, heart-wrenching loss, undeniable passion and second chances, all wrapped up within this sweet short story. Reading this wonderfully written narrative makes me even more excited to eventually read Long Shot.

Avery Hughes has flawless charactersation. She’s a bundle of everything admirable—an intelligent and motivated woman of colour, determined to make a name, a change, within a testosterone dominated industry. Her experiences with hurt and loss are showcased with such attentiveness. And her story is depicted with an abundance of detail, it allows readers to empathise with her emotions, understand her feelings and believe in her actions. She’s such a complex and rounded character with so many realistic and relatable qualities!

I shouldn’t toy with him, but it’s kind of fun watching a man so notoriously pursued by women making excuses to spend time with me, even though I’m not exactly sure what he wants.

Beyond the irresistible charm, handsome appearance and NBA legend identity, there’s so much behind Mack Decker. I’m stunned by his raw honesty, kind-heartedness and sensitivity beneath the easy-going nature he exudes—it is damn easy falling in love with precious Decker.

Decker and Avery's connection is intense; the chemistry undeniable and ever-burning. Full Court Press is capable of becoming a narrative rich in substance, despite being a novella, because of this couple's relationship that emerges and changes with such a profound amount of passion.

In the end, other people can’t complete us, but can love us in our brokenness if we let them. There is a happiness you find with another when you’re first happy with yourself.

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
December 12, 2018
Hoops Holiday, a deliciously sexy sports romance between a former professional basketball player and a successful tv show host, was jam packed full of sexual tension and decadent attraction. True to form, Kennedy Ryan layers this steamy little holiday treat with a good dose of angst, some agonizing heartache, and a whole lot of heartfelt emotion. Deck and Avery's novella is an unputdownable page turner and I absolutely loved it.

If you loved Long Shot and Block Shot, you're going to absolutely love this holiday treat set in that same addictive world of NBA ballers and their complicated romances. If you haven't stepped foot on that court yet, you can still jump right into this novella and let Mack Decker and Avery Hughes gear you up for the angsty deliciousness that is the Hoops series. It is so sweet, so steamy, so emotionally taxing at times yet so satisfyingly romantic all at once... Kennedy Ryan knows how to pack a whopper of a love story in a short amount of words and I can't recommend it enough.

I devoured this novella in a few hours. It's bursting with fierce attraction, fiery sensuality, and an angsty push and pull that I ate right up. This is honestly one of my TOP FAVORITE series in recent memory and this novella is an absolute MUST READ whether you've read the other books or not!
Profile Image for Kennedy Ryan.
Author 61 books19.8k followers
Want to read
September 14, 2019

Now A Top 100 Amazon Bestseller!

#FREE in KU

🎄 Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2QYzidu
🎄 Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2QwWVe7
🎄Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2S2wxFx
🎄 Amazon World: books2read.com/HOOPSHoliday

** Hoops Holiday consists of FULL-COURT PRESS, a HOOPS novella originally published in the TEAM PLAYER Anthology. It has been expanded with all-new, never-before-published content & epilogue.

It also includes Christmas-themed bonus material for LONG SHOT (Iris & August) and BLOCK SHOT (Banner & Jared).
Profile Image for Giorgia Reads.
944 reviews1,727 followers
March 28, 2020
5 ⭐️

Am I ever gonna dislike a Kennedy Ryan book? There’s plenty to go through still, but I think not.

Thoughts to come ..
Profile Image for Melanie A..
1,033 reviews377 followers
December 22, 2018
5 STARS: Deck and Avery
"I want to hear anything you want to tell me, Ave."
Holy swoonworthiness! I loved this! It was polished, clever, romantic, AND hot. Generally, I dislike novellas, but Ms. Ryan has outdone herself here. It's possible that some of the story verged on OTT, but honestly, I ate it up.

5 STARS: August and Iris
"You're my world, Iris."
AUUUUUGGUUUUUST! My ultimate book boyfriend is back, baby! And he's sweeter and hotter than ever. The intimacy between he and Iris gave me everything I wanted and more.

1 STAR: Jared and Banner
"There's no scenario you can dream up where I don't love you, Banner."
Awful. Somehow the sex came across like a series of seedy one-night stands. And to be blunt, WTF is Zo doing in this novella? No. Just, no.

A huge thank you to Jamie for reading this with me. Kenan and Lotus are up next - March can't come soon enough! <3
Profile Image for Vicky Sp.
1,129 reviews82 followers
December 22, 2020
Recensione sulla mia pagina Bookstagram

Avery era una giovane reporter ambiziosa quando conobbe Mackenzie Decker. Tra di loro ci fu un siparietto alquanto divertente, da lei ritenuto invece profondamente imbarazzante.

«Beviamo qualcosa insieme, o una cosa così», aveva esordito il famoso giocatore di basketball, star dell’NBA, ma lei aveva preferito darsela a gambe levate difronte al suo invito sfacciato.

Erano tante le donne che solevano bazzicare nel tunnel dell’arena dopo una partita, e Decker era abituato alle loro attenzioni, ma gli era bastato uno sguardo e una sola domanda alla giovane reporter per capire di non poter avere la meglio su di lei.

«Certo, abbiamo iniziato con il piede sbagliato, ma non ho mai incontrato una donna che sappia resistere al mio fascino, al mio sorriso, alla mia allegria. Al mio corpo seminudo abbronzato».

La cosa però era finita lì.

Si ritrovarono dopo molti anni a dover svolgere un incarico televisivo insieme. Ma non erano più le persone di un tempo. La spensieratezza nei loro volti era andata via, e anche se all’apparenza mostravano di condurre una vita serena e senza intoppi, la realtà era ben diversa:

«Ci nascondiamo in bella vista. Copriamo le nostre cicatrici per poter andare avanti. A volte ci celiamo perché proviamo vergogna. Perché abbiamo paura che la gente non ci accetti, non ci ami o non ci capisca».

Avery aveva raggiunto con successo tutti gli obiettivi che si era preposta ed era riuscita a costruire quel destino che immaginava per se: «Una donna che ottiene quello che ho io nello sport e nella televisione è una rarità. Sono andata costantemente oltre le aspettative e i limiti. Ho sfidato la sorte. Ogni ostacolo l’ho saltato».

Ma non aveva ancora fatto pace con sé stessa, non del tutto almeno, e si ostinava a darsi la colpa per un fatto grave e doloroso accaduto in passato.

🖋️Un romanzo breve ma molto intenso nello stile proprio dell’autrice, che anche questa volta ha affrontato con estrema delicatezza un tema difficile e sempre attuale.

Profile Image for book bruin.
1,057 reviews276 followers
December 16, 2018
I loved Avery and Decker when I first met them in the Team Player anthology and I love them even more now after reading Full Court Press again! The extra content and epilogue were amazing and Kennedy Ryan can write one hell of a novella! This may not be a full length novel, but it plays out just like one and will bring the reader to wonderful highs and heartbreaking lows. It is so well thought out and a brilliant slow burn second chance romance. The raw honesty was captivating and readers will fall head over heels for Decker and Avery. They have such incredible chemistry and I loved the build up and the will they/won't they back and forth. So much in life is about timing and it has never lined up for these two until now. Let's just say it's worth the wait! This is such a beautiful and emotional journey that is heartfelt and truthful.

Probably my favorite part of the Hoops Holiday novella though are the bonus chapters/scenes for both Long Shot and Block Shot! I loved both these books so much and having this extra slice of August and Iris as well as Jared and Banner was incredible! We even get a little taste of Kenan and Lotus too!! I can't wait for their story next in Hook Shot! Both of these extended epilogues are the perfect snapshots into our favorite couples lives and futures. I loved catching up with all of these characters and the cameo by Zo left me with a huge smile on my face. Not to mention they were smoking hot!!! (Jared is just YUM!) Thank you Kennedy Ryan for this sweet and sexy holiday gift!
Profile Image for Berry ♡ Nice.
535 reviews68 followers
March 10, 2019
Beautiful, Short and Heartwarming

If last night was my only hit, she’s a high I might chase the rest of my life.

Yes this is a novella. A novella written by such a talented author that doesn't just give you ALL The FEELS for the heart she also gives food for thought and I absolutely love that about her.

I didn’t understand that it wasn’t that easy for him. That it wasn’t about trying. It was deeper than that. For him it was harder than that. Maybe he was trying until he just couldn’t try anymore.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

OMG!!! I love August & Iris ❤
We get a peek of where they are now and it is fabulous. #swoon

Jared & Banner 💙 We also get a bit more of them and they are close to my heart again! #Janner luv them

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Profile Image for Tiziana.
357 reviews8 followers
December 14, 2020
Potrei leggere 10, 50, 100, 1000 pagine di questa donna anche una soltanto non farebbe differenza lei sa prenderti il cuore strapazzarlo e poi restituirtelo gonfio d’amore. Il numero delle parole non contano perché lei le sa usare nel modo giusto ❤️❤️❤️ meraviglioso!! Una lettura perfetta per questo periodo di festa per riscaldarti il cuore di quella passione che questa autrice riesce a raccontare affrontando temi importanti e curati di quella sensibilità che rende i suoi libri unici.
Profile Image for TeriLyn.
1,328 reviews384 followers
December 10, 2018
5 "I'll be home for dinner." Stars

Perfect holiday read. Meet new friends if you haven't met them in the Team Player Anthology and reconnect with old ones who you've come to love in the sometimes painful but always blissful HOOPS world created by Kennedy Ryan. All of the characters that make up the HOOPS realm will charm you in this delightful assortment of holiday stories. Bonus content on couples who stay with you is always a huge plus for avid romance readers and this author knows how to pull all the best attributes of her stories and characters to give you so much more in a short story. She allows you to remember why you fell in the first place while making room for more wonderful and romantic reading memories. I'm thrilled this author decided to revisit August and Iris/Jared and Banner and reintroduce Decker/Avery in this way. These couples stories are ones that have resonated with me since I read them for the first time. If you haven't read Long Shot and Block Shot now is the perfect time to do it - just in time for some extra goodness this holiday season. So cozy up by the fire, get your favorite blanket and beverage of choice and let Kennedy Ryan dazzle you with her storytelling prowess!

●INCLUDES:

RELEASE DATE: DEC 17TH

LONG SHOT: https://amzn.to/2xYBvv5
BLOCK SHOT: http://mybook.to/BlockShot

★ HOOPS Holiday Sign Up ★
Bloggers/Bookstagrammers:http://bit.ly/HoopsHolSign

★Never miss a release by texting KennedyRyan to 797979

**BETA**
Profile Image for ⭐ Emerson ⭐.
328 reviews205 followers
February 16, 2019
Everytime I pick up a book by Kennedy Ryan, I fall deeper in love with her writing. Her prose is beautiful and impactful. She tackles difficult subjects with eloquence & grace. Ms. Ryan has quickly become one of my favorite writers. Long Shot Long Shot (Hoops, #1) by Kennedy Ryan was in my top 3 reads of 2018. Everything she writes is gold.
Profile Image for Antonella.
3,100 reviews418 followers
December 31, 2019
2019 is the year I discovered and I fell in love & read many Kennedy Ryan books so it is kind of fitting to close my reading year with her work...this is sweet & emotional novella about side couple from Hoops series!
All I can say is that no one makes me love the heroine in contemporary as much as Kennedy does.

I would like to read more about Jered & Banner as parents that would be amazing...well who am I kidding I would read anything about them!!

Profile Image for Adele.
236 reviews22 followers
December 16, 2020
Avrei voluto dare 5 ma è troppo breve.. mi sarebbe piaciuto leggere di più.. 😞
Profile Image for Bree Lauren.
640 reviews2,053 followers
December 29, 2020
Can Kennedy Ryan wring out emotion in a short, spin-off novella? Yes. Of course, she can. I don't know why I expected anything different.

This book had such a great meet-cute, I can't even. Avery is interviewing Decker after his basketball game when his towel slips off and he flashes her in front of everyone - as if it isn't hard enough being a woman in a male-dominated career.

The way this book starts off, I was expecting it to be a short, light story within the intense universe of the Hoops series (a series I'm taking my time reading, I'm now on the third book). I... was wrong. This book packs just as much of a punch as the other two books I've read in this series ... and it also reminded me that I NEED to continue on.
Profile Image for Elisabetta Veneziani.
686 reviews28 followers
December 13, 2020
Questa autrice riesce ad incantare anche con una novella di un centinaio di pagine. Altri due splendidi personaggi, un’altra storia intensa e appassionante.
Adorato 😍❤️
Profile Image for Blibero.
116 reviews9 followers
December 30, 2020
Super carino! Bella novella su due personaggi già incontrati di sfuggita nei libri precedenti della serie
Displaying 1 - 30 of 577 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.