Start by marking “Operation Makeover (Hearts and Health #7)” as Want to Read:
Operation Makeover (Hearts and Health #7)

Operation Makeover

(Hearts and Health #7)

Will a makeover bring his fantasy to life or lead him to a love he never saw coming?

As a professional X-ray tech, Ridley has come a long way from the geeky kid Jace took under his wing in high school. Not that his best friend has noticed. Tired of pining, Ridley decides to show Jace what he’s missing. And what better way than with a newer, more sophisticated look?

Cole's
Published October 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Operation Makeover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Makeover

~nikki the recovering book addict
4 stars!

I admit I was a little skeptical about this because the plot is one that’s been done so many times it’s on the verge of being overdone but alas! I’m sooooo glad I still decided to try this because Ridley and Cole were soooo adorable!

Sure, the plot was still cliche but! It is all about the execution so.. this was well done. Except a few instances where there were some inconsistencies but meh, it was minor enough to overlook.

I always love the more flamboyant characters so Cole was my favou
Kevin
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A man has a crush on his best friend, and turns to a stranger for help. It was very romantic and had a positive message. The characters were all people whom I enjoyed getting to know.
Typo: "smidgen dramatic" sounds wrong to my ear. It's usually used with "of" and a noun. There's a lay/lie error ("they laid plastered together").
Continuity error: "[Theo to Ridley] And [Cole's] only twenty-eight." "[Later, Ridley says to himself] not that he knew Cole's exact age."
JD Crittendon
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love is the Best Makeover!

A sweet, enjoyable story with low angst and bit of drama between Ridley & Cole. I liked the MCs, the premise and co-characters. I also thought the pacing was good. A delicious romantic tale!
BR11
Good one! Super sweet :)
Emily Seelye
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pros: The writing, the character development, the slow burn romance, and the HEA ending.

Cons: I really had a hard time liking Jace. (view spoiler) I also found Ronnie's directness as tactless. Actually, that is an understatement. I did not like how she spoke to Cole. (view spoiler)
Everything Marie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had such a powerful meaning. One that each reader of this book will feel. This is a story of finding ones true self. With a little help from an unlikely source.

Ridley a X-ray technician, has a crush on his best friend of 10+ years. He thinks he needs to change himself to get Jaces attention. But when the plan backfires a new set of feelings emerge.

Cole is one of the best hairdressers at Fringe. One new client later and he’s helping Ridley get his crush. Until feelings start to grow.
Valerie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cole is the sweetest, most caring protagonist that I've read in a while. When he meets Ridley, yes he's attracted to him, but something about Ridley draws Cole to him and he wants to help him. And Ridley thinks Cole is the most beautiful man he's ever seen and thinks he's out of his league, but he also thinks that about his best friend, Jace. And although he's getting a makeover to draw in his best friend, Ridley starts to realize that Cole is the person who really sees him for who he is and doe ...more
Modwena
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ridley has been infatuated with Jace, his best friend for years but Jace never really seems to see him. He decides that a makeover might be the thing that finally draws Jace's attention. This is how he ends up on Cole's salon chair. When he explain's what he is trying to do, Cole appoints himself Ridley's personal stylist. The pair start spending a lot more time together and their friendship quickly grows. The problem is that the feelings grow too and Ridley has to choose whether he wants to go ...more
Andrea Britton
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Stars!

Operation Makeover by DJ Jamison

Chad
REVIEW COMING SOON
Theresa
Oct 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
All of the characters acted juvenile. The author could correct this by changing the average age from 26 to 21. Cory was very sweet and giving, but he was a doormat. Ridley was pathetic and codependent on Jace. His self esteem was so low. He lived in his head too. He didn't have anything to give to others. Cory deserved better. Jace was a self centered insensitive egotistical asshat. Ronnie was just downright nasty and crude.
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars!

Operation Makeover is book 7 in the Hearts & Health series, and even if it features some of the previous stories' characters/couples, it can be read as a standalone. I do suggest reading the whole series, though, because you'll be missing out otherwise.

Ridley has been in love with his best friend Jace for the last ten years and he's finally ready to do something about it, but first, he needs a makeover to make his friend actually notice him. Cole is the hair stylist in charge of t
Katie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I received the book in exchange for an honest review*

Hello! I am feeling a bit rusty after a long absence, but I’ll try to do justice to another amazing book by DJ Jamison. My first book by her was Heart Trouble so, the hospital world with all the characters mentioned here, and book by book, my admiration for her works grew. I don’t think any book will top Urgent Care, this one was quite close.

I loved the awkward Riley! In so many ways I imagine he is quite the same as he was in high school whe
Karen Meeus
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun and lighthearted, this was also one of the most perfectly sweet romance stories I've read in a while.
An endearing take on the classic "ugly duckling to beautiful swan" makeover. Made even better because, as it turns out, true love sees you for who you are. No "embellishment" needed.

Cole falls for Ridley just the way he is and though he helps Ridley with his "transformation", he never thinks the other man needs to change. In fact, he only goes along with it to help Ridley see his own self-w
Maria Vickers
4.5 stars!!

When I signed up to review Operation Makeover, I thought it was going to be cute and quirky, more of a fun read. It was that and so much more, drastically exceeding expectations. The story of Ridley and Cole was sweet, emotional, quirky, fun, and at times funny. Both were trying to overcome self-esteem issues, some buried more deeply than others.

The emotion that bled through the pages and through this story was more than I expected, and at times, I found myself tearing up a bit. I'm
Amy
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh man this book is so great!! Ridley (and I absolutely love this name!!) is in love with his best friend Jace. Seeing Jace pick up other guys hurts, so he decides to get a makeover, new hair, new clothes, a whole new look from his geeky t-shirts and baggy jeans. Hoping Jace notices and things progress.

Cole is a fabulous, hairdresser who changes Ridley’s look with a little color and cut. He instantly takes a liking to Rid, but knowing he is doing all this for the love of his BFF, Cole decides t
Diane
You're Perfect Just as You Are

Cole is a gifted hair stylist.
When Riley shows up for a 'new style' he and Cole immediately hit it off.

Riley is an X-Ray technician who lives with his feisty twin sister, Ronnie.
Riley undertakes a make over, Riley 2.0, in the hopes of garnering the attention of his best friend.
In the process, he discovers the confidence he needs to really go after what he wants in life!

The greatest thing about D. J.'s books and characters are the growth they experience right befor
Lisa
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unrequited love brings Ridley to Cole for a makeover. In an attempt to win his best friend Jace over, Ridley looks to changing his look. His insecurities around his looks mean he doesn't see himself as anything special.

Cole oozes confidence in the way he looks but behind the carefully put together look he is also insecure. The men in his past have seen him as being good in the sack but not for anything long term. His latest ex is a prime example of this.

Cole helps Ridley see himself as the hot,
Amy Dufera
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Operation Makeover is a good romance by DJ Jamison that just so happens to contain an important message.

I love the storyline, as Ridley meets Cole while he's trying to get a makeover. Of course, Ridley's getting the makeover to impress his lifelong crush, his best friend, Jace. Instead, Ridley ends up finding himself and his true love.

Despite the storyline seeming to be about improving yourself to impress someone, it actually ends up being a story of finding confidence, self-love, and true love.
Elaine Gray
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ridley has been love with Jace, his best friend for years but he never acted on it. He decides that a makeover is what he needs to attract Jace. He meets Cole per a recommendation from a friend. He explains to Cole about his situation and Cole decides to help with the makeover. Ridley and Cole both are attracted to each from the beginning and neither one of them says anything. They start spending time together and starts having feelings towards each other.
Jace doesn’t even realize that Ridley b
Kirsty Mckenzie
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg what an amazing book, I seriously couldn't get enough of this book. I loved every word, omg I'm fan girling so hard for this book. Cole was so beautiful inside and out that his shine was bright, and Ridley omg what an absolute sweetheart.
Thier friendship was everything and more, the way they built each other up and helped each other was beautiful to read and feel apart of. I have read many book in thiz series and I knew that this would be another amazing book, but I think it even surpassed w
Sheridan
Shelves: arc
My first book by this author and although it is apart of the Hearts & Health series, I found it was good as a stand-alone..

Ridley was super cute too! The geeky guy that loves LEGO and movie lines T-shirts! But he’s always loved his best friend Jace.

He decides that in order to win Jace’s attention he has to transform his look.
Little did he count on meeting Cole! Cole was gorgeous! The hairdresser with flair and style and wears his heart on his sleeve.

As the two bond and spend time together, t
Caroline
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about Operation Makeover, it's one of the best books I've read all year. I'm new to author DJ Jamison andwill definitely be looking for more of her books.

Operation Makeover was a beautiful love story. Ridley meets Cole when he decides he needs a makeover, to get the attention of his longtime crush. Cole is a stylist, his sexy look instantly gets Ridley's interest. Cole offers to help with Ridley's makeover, accompanying him to choose new clothes to finish his look.

The more tim
Dixiecowgirl
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a Gem of a story! I so enjoyed this delightful journey into loving and appreciating yourself. The MC's are both great guys that have insecurities and don't see their own worth. I love that they both can see the real value in each other and that they help each other see their true selves.

Ridley and Cole are so dynamic together, their connection is steamy before they ever touch. I loved the emotional connection and how they really fit in each other's worlds.

This story is so well written,
Nicole Ortiz
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, emotional, funny story. Loved Ridley and Cole's story. Ridley is a guy who has been in love with his best friend Jace since high school. One day he decides he is going to change his appearance and looks to try to catch Jace's attention. Then enters hairdresser Cole who not only does his hair but offers to help him with his wardrobe and also ends up helping Ridley come out of his shell. This is the first book I have read from this author and I liked it. This had love, heartbreak ...more
Stacey Escalera blog
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Operation Makeover (Hearts and Health Book 7)
This book was an amazing read.
The MC and this story was an excellent.
I truly was amazed how detailed this book was.
I was rooting for Ridley and Cole
These two were hot.
Ridley has a choice to make between who going to be right for him.
This is a book Worth reading.
Overall loved the story plot.
Well written book.
Never was a dull youmoment for me.
I would recommend this book.
I voluntary read an advance reader copy and my opinion are my own.

Sydney
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ridley and Cole

I loved this book! Not only was the love story incredibly sweet, it also had a great message. It’s all about learning to love yourself and be happy with who you are. It’s a bit of a slow burn with the MCs starting as friends. I also liked that Ridley is an average guy who is on the nerdy side and Cole is more femme and on the flamboyant side. In a lot of books you find the flamboyant characters are always with big, manly men with huge muscles. This was a nice change of pace. I hig
Ann
Operation Makeover
By DJ Jamison
Main Characters: Cole & Ridley
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the author.
3 1/2 out of 5 stars
This is a m/m contemporary romance. This was a well written story but not my personal type of m/m. I happen to like my couples a little more on the alpha side and not so much twink. I did read the whole book and will def read more by this author.
Heather Rawlins
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed Cole and Ridley’s story. There’s always something interesting about the crush that never gets fulfilled and the crusher never letting it go. I liked the route this story took. A makeover to make a change, with unexpected outcomes. Ridley and Cole were hot and sexy together and I loved the whole makeover that maybe was more adding in some confidence. It was fast-paced and easy to read and I loved their story. I definitely recommend this story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
DJ Jamison grew up in the Midwest and worked in newsrooms for more than 10 years, which came in handy when she began writing novellas centered on a series of love connections between small-town Kansas newspaper staffers, their sources, and their readers.

When she's not laboring over her works of fiction, she's blogging and tweeting about books, reading books or doing that other dreaded thing: her d

Hearts and Health (7 books)
  • Heart Trouble (Hearts and Health, #1; Ashe Sentinel Connections #6)
  • Bedside Manner (Hearts and Health, #2)
  • Urgent Care (Hearts and Health #3)
  • Room for Recovery (Hearts and Health #4)
  • Surprise Delivery (Hearts and Health #5)
  • Orderly Affair (Hearts and Health #6)