Start by marking “Rule #4: You Can't Misinterpret a Mistletoe Kiss (The Rules of Love #4)” as Want to Read:
Rule #4: You Can't Misinterpret a Mistletoe Kiss (The Rules of Love #4)

Rule #4: You Can't Misinterpret a Mistletoe Kiss

(The Rules of Love #4)

A mistletoe kiss is just a simple kiss, right? Wrong.

All I want to do during this Christmas break is survive. A week at the cabin with our family’s friends/rivals, the Stephensons, every yuletide activity is turned into a competition where my family must win. Every. One.

Yep. Lots of Christmas spirit around here.

But, I've survived past holidays, there's no reason why
Published November 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rule #4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rule #4

Start your review of Rule #4: You Can't Misinterpret a Mistletoe Kiss (The Rules of Love #4)
Hallie Szott
3.5

Reading Challenge Categories:
-Beat the Backlist Reading Bingo: Characters who are twins
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute!

This is a very cute young adult romance set at Christmas. Young love, first love. Very sweet. I loved the reminder that Christmas isn't about being perfect or having perfect activities. It's about love. And family.
Julie Carpenter
3.5* rounding up

This has been such a fun series to read and enjoy. I thought that maybe book #3 would be the end, but I was pleasantly surprised and excited to see there would be a #4. Yay! And just in time to gear up for the Christmas reading season. This is a YA series and I think that teens are going to really love the books in this series. Others who are YA fans will probably enjoy them as well but I really think they are a great fit for the YA age group. I've definitely enjoyed my time
Pascale
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Bad Influence

He’s the family’s best friend but he’s also a bad influence and Ava’s too good for him... right?? Ava feels that she’s just the dorky little sister and bad boy Jacob will never see her as anything else... But when the families start to unravel from too much competition, will the truth finally come out? Who is the “real” bad boy and will the families ever recover? Will friendships be severed forever?
Katie W
Best friends and worst enemies pretty much sums up the relationship that Jacob's and Ava'a families have with each other and Christmas is a perfect time to keep the competition alive and well. Jacob has the rap of being a bad boy, but Ava can't ignore the attraction she feels towards him and the feeling she has that there is more to meet the eye where he is concerned. Ava, on the other hand, is innocent and naive.

The pull of this opposites-attract, friends-to-lovers chemistry is undeniably
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
5 Star Kindle Unlimited Read

This is a wonderful YA series for High School age teens. It full of first love and the gentle emotion that surrounds it. Plus, this one had an edgy side of how parents can be wrong and the cruelty of the wrong assumptions. On a side note, it can take the adult reads down memory lane with their first crush as well. A welcomed read for any YA, NA, or parent alike.
Lisa Swinton
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute romp through the teenage world of angst and crushes.

Two competitive families go on holiday together in a cabin in the woods. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, and there is plenty of that.

All the parents are over the top.

There are secrets and deep misunderstandings. And the kids eventually call the parents to correct their foolish ways.

If you're looking for a romantic comedy holiday style, then you have the right book.
SℓιM
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Under the mistletoe where you will be kissed

•••• there’s a possibility of a few spoilers here and there because I couldn’t shut up and not put a spoiler ALERT in my review••••

•**** This story will get a 3.5 star because it was good enough to read! So here’s my little short review:

Hmm, this book was alright wasn’t my cup of tea maybe because I’m so not into Christmas books too much. But this series; it has alright series.. not good, but it will keep your
Shay
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hs, travel-vacation
It was a fine book.

There just wasn't much to it. There were a few things going on but they were all very surface level issues.

It was evident from the beginning that something more was going on between Andrew and Jacob. After we found out what it was, there was no resolution between the boys. Sure their families knew the truth, but what happened to their friendship afterwards?

I really disliked the mothers. Both of them were very accusatory of Jacob and later Andrew. They literally called their
Karen Voitik
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it

>Book Review – Rule #4: You Can’t Misinterpret a Mistletoe Kiss
>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 4th in the Rules of Love series and ends in an HEA. This story has 2 very unbelievable families in it. These families make a competition out of everything, to the point of being ridiculous. The kids don’t even have fun anymore. Ava is the oldest daughter of one family. She has a crush on the oldest bad boy son of the other family, Jacob. Jacob was sent away for a semester as
Vibliophile
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The truth will set you free

Ava is so over her family's competition with the Stephensons. She's also trying to figure out what's up with Jacob Stephenson - who used to be best friends with her brother, before he got in trouble, but now they don't speak to each other anymore.

This is a really good story, and it has some funny moments, but also some serious ones as the parents of the two families - esp Jacob's - have some issues, & it just made my heart hurt, esp for Jacob.

Once you find out
Karen
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read at Christmas or anytime. Another fun book in the series. This is my fifth in the series. They don’t have to be read in order. Young love is fun. Jacob is friends with Ava’s brother. Well, that is until last year when Jacob robbed a gas store. Now Ava is seeing Jacob for the first time since he was sent to live with his Aunt. It’s Christmas and with Ava and Jacob’s parents everything is always a competition. This Christmas everyone has to figure out how to move forward after the ...more
Silvia
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic!!
As a grown woman with a teenager, there’s something about YA books that you can’t get from any other genre. For me, it’s all about nostalgia. This is now the second book I’ve read from this author and I’ve been hit with that wonderful feeling both times!
I loved Ava! She was sweet and completely likable! But what I truly admired about her was that she didn’t give up on Jacob and kept pushing for the truth! And put all the parents in their places!!! Jacob’s parents were so horrible to
Andrea
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I’ve enjoyed reading/listening to many books where the main character is in high school, but this book made me feel too old for it. I found the main character to be quite dramatic about her crush and her use of “literally” grated on me a few times. I did appreciate that she stood up for mistreatment and helped to fix some wrongs that she found. The parents were over the top and I was quite surprised that they’d push their teens into a better mistletoe kiss (especially given their reaction to ...more
Penny Leidecker
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed every book I’ve read by this author and I wasn’t disappointed with this read. The Stephenson family and the Rogers family are best friends, but they are always competing to be the best family. They’re all spending Christmas together and when Ava learns Jacob, her longtime crush, will be there, the butterflies start. Can Jacob and Ava be together since Jacob and Ava’s brother, Andrew, are no longer best friends? Of course, there has to be a competition between the families ...more
Lori R
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story because of Ava Rogers , who was tired of the constant competition between her family and the Stephenson family. She is quite mature for her age. I also liked that telling the truth and forgiving were important elements in this story. Leave it to the children to put the fun back into their Christmas and win the Christmas tree contest. I received an advance copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.
Megan Besing
Cute for christmas

The 1st book in this series is still my favorite. And I know what was going to happen in this story from the get go. (It was similar to another book I read) however, it was good enough to keep reading to see how it played out. Liked the main characters. The competition stuff wasn't my favorite. But it was a twist on the plot, so that was nice. Overall a good Christmas read
Raveen Vann
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This is one really interesting and wonderful book. Absolutely amazong series. Ava and Jacob were so great together. Of course there are definitely complications as in there parents are best friends but have to compete on everything and hes her brothers ex best friend. She knows there more to the story than they are letting on. She has had a crush on for a long time and isnt going to let anything stop her and determined to make this Christmas fun again.
Nari
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite YA book from this author so far. The family conflict seemed so real and true to life. I could really relate to it. I was drawn into the story from the beginning. I felt Ava's frustration. I liked how she tried to think through everything but still followed her heart. This is a cute, clean and fun holiday YA romance.
Nati
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can be the mistletoe the only reason for Ava and Jacob to kiss? Jacob is Eva's brother best friend. Or was just six months ago. Now the two families are together to celebrate Christmas but there is a tension between the two families. Can Ava bring the Cristmas spirit back and make Jacob notice her? The audiobook is great. I received a free copy of this book and I voluntarily review it
Teya Peck
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great, sappy, cheesy, Christmas romance to start off the Christmas season! I loved it! I loved the sap, I loved the coming into maturity love romance story. I love the getting to the truth and really celebrating in the moments that matter. Great job!
Erin
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
A very cute Christmas-y read. There were 1-2 typing errors and one blatantly misspelled word. I saw the twist coming from a mile away, but overall I enjoyed this adorable high school Christmas romance. It has helped put me in the Christmas spirit.
Kaitlyn
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Rule #4

So, this was my least favorite of the series so far. It was okay but it was a little too immature for me. It also didn’t grab my attention like the others so it took me a while to read it. I thought it was okay but definitely not the best. 3.2
Cara
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute, light, sweet, fluffy love story. Everything about how it would end was 100% obvious from the beginning, but that's ok. It was fun, and it was short enough that finishing it didn't even keep me up late. <3
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Plot had a lot of potential but fell flat again

Again the story was too short and quick to read. It is hard to get invested when it is over so quickly. There needed to be more buils up.
Barbara
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, family-friendly, Christmas break tale of high school love which was five nights of bedtime reading or could be read in a long afternoon. I was given a paperback and this voluntary review is my own opinion.
Auburn
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christmas spirit

Just like the other books in this series this is a standalone clean romance. Kissing happens and it is adorable. As long as you don't read too much into the plot holes this is a great holiday read. Cute, funny, and has a not so bad bad boy.
samgoesdownhill
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Ava and Jacob are adorable. This was a quick light hearted read. Just what I needed before heading to bed.
Lily Cooper
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect read for Christmastime!
Maisyworthington
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Loved this book I can't wait tell the next one ANNE-MARIE MEYER I love your book thank you so much for them

• My Mistletoe Mix-Up (Ridgewater High #5)
  • Flirting with the Bad Boy (Sweet Water High Book 4)
  • Crushing on My Brothers' Best Friend (Sweet Water High Book 2)
  • The Candy Cane Kiss (Briarwood High Book 6)
  • Falling for My Best Friend: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 7)
  • Chemistry of a Kiss (Sweet Water High #5)
  • Kissing the Boy Next Door (Sweet Water High #3)
  • Falling For My Nemesis: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 6)
  • The Perfect Match (Kissing the Enemy, #2)
  • My Second Chance (Ridgewater High #4)
  • Perfectly Clueless (A Bayfield High Romance Book 3)
  • It's a Prank: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 8)
  • The Perfect Score (Kissing the Enemy Book 3)
  • Never Have I Ever Faked a Boyfriend (Never Ever Love, #2)
  • Never Have I Ever Kissed My Brother's Best Friend (Never Ever Love, #1)
  • Truth or Dare (A Bayfield High Romance Book 1)
  • The Dating Dare
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)

The Rules of Love (7 books)
  • Rule #1: You Can't Date the Coach's Daughter (The Rules of Love #1)
  • Rule #2: You Can't Crush on Your Sworn Enemy (The Rules of Love #2)
  • Rule #3: You Can't Kiss Your Best Friend (The Rules of Love #3)
  • Rule #5: You Can't Trust the Bad Boy (The Rules of Love #5)
  • Rule #6: You Can't Fall for Your Fake Summer Fling