Start by marking “Her Pretty Bones (Detective Gina Harte, #3)” as Want to Read:
Her Pretty Bones (Detective Gina Harte, #3)

Her Pretty Bones

(Detective Gina Harte #3)

THE UNPUTDOWNABLE NEW THRILLER FROM THE BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF THE NEXT GIRL

She’s just the girl he’s looking for…

A young woman falls from a van speeding down a quiet road. Battered and bruised, she turns her head to the person who comes to her aid. ‘Help her’, she whispers before her eyes close.

Days later, the body of another young girl is found in a shallow grave jus
Published January 17th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Her Pretty Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Pretty Bones

Start your review of Her Pretty Bones (Detective Gina Harte, #3)
Debra
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
She’s just the girl he’s looking for…

A young woman falls out of the back of a van on a quiet road. She is in desperate need of medical attention and right before she loses consciousness, she says "Help Her." Days later another young woman's body is found in a shallow grave. The two young women have a few things in common: their red hair color, their age, and their very thin frail bodies.

Detective Gina Harte is called in to investigate. She must put all her energy into solving these two cases. S
Berit☀️✨
Redheads beware! You’re just the girl he’s looking for!

This was a gripping dark and twisted police procedural... The third book in the DI Gina Hart series and just as engaging as the previous two... even though I have read the previous books I do believe this can absolutely be read as a standalone.... but I’m going to bet that after you read this one you will want to go back and read the previous two!

A young girl’s body falls out of the back of a van, she is rushed to the hospital and her last
Anovelqueen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k
A young lady falls out the back of a moving van. When reached she utters the phrase “Help her”. Days later another young woman is found in a shallow grave. What do these two cases have in common? The victims both have red hair.

This British police procedural opens with an action packed scene and proceeds to follow the investigative process of Detective Gina Harte and her team as they try to solve this puzzling mystery. Told from different perspectives, this story is able to give I insight into th
Selena
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free e-copy of Her Pretty Bones by Carla Kovach from NetGalley for my honest review.

Wow, Wow, Wow, what a thrill of a read. Although this is book three of this series, which I wasn't aware of when I requested it, I had no difficulties reading this and understanding what was going on. I am so thrilled I had the opportunity to read a book by Carla Kovach as I am now going to go back and read this entire series. Fabulous author, outstanding characters, and a plot that keeps you guessin
Sue
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
HER PRETTY BONES is the third crime thriller novel in the Detective Gina Harte Series, by author Carla Kovach. Having enjoyed the first two books in the series, I move on to book 3. The story is set in Worcestershire England.

The 3 books in the series include:
The Next Girl (Book 1)
Her Final Hour (Book 2)
Her Pretty Bones (Book 3)

Even though this novel worked well as a stand-alone, I would recommend other readers to read the previous books as they will be given background information on the charact
Helga
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A young girl falls from a moving van in the middle of the road. She is badly wounded and emaciated. She is rushed to the hospital, but never recovers, her identity unknown.
The only thing she says with her last breath is “help her”!
Who is this girl? Is she a runaway? Was she kidnapped? Is there another girl in the same dire situation hoping to be rescued?
When some days later another body is found buried in a shallow grave, detective Harte is sure what they are dealing with is more than a case of
Whispering Stories
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Early one morning a young girl falls from a moving van on a country lane and is nearly hit by the car travelling behind. The driver stops and phones for an ambulance and the police. The girl is in a bad way. She is dirty, malnourished, and has injection marks on her body.

Detective Gina Harte and her team are called in to find out what happened to the girl but it doesn’t look good for her and the doctors don’t hold out much chance of her s. Then
Luvtoread
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A good police procedural story that has a different flavor than many of the detective books that I am used to reading.

The prologue immediately captures your interest and the first chapter starts out with a bang. A young emaciated, bruised and bleeding girl falls out or is pushed out of a van and the driver never stops. The lead detective Gina Harte and her team are called in to identify the girl and work the case. A body is found nearby where the girl fell out of the van also with no identificat
Mandy White
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Such a big fan of this series and writer. Could not wait to read this installment and it did not disappoint! Detective Gina Harte is a great character and I always look forward to more.

This is a tough book to review without giving anything away. A young girl falls out of the back of a transit van early one morning. This begins the case - why was she is in the van, where has she been and why is she in such bad shape. She is taken to hospital and in a coma. Not long after, the remains of another
Pat
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh this was goooood. It was also pretty sad at the end. A young girl falls out of the back of a transit van. She is emaciated and has a nasty abdominal wound. At the scene she manages to say "help her" to her rescuers as she is rushed to the ambulance to be rushed to hospital, only to die of her injuries soon after. Who is she? And who is she wanting to help? What was she doing in the van? Not long after, the body of another teenage girl is found in a shallow grave. She is of a similar age to th ...more
Lou
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Her Pretty Bones, the third book in the DI Gina Harte series, was ultimately a disappointing read, and despite it having everything you could want in a thriller: secrets, lies, duplicity and deceit, it failed to maintain my attention due to a number of different reasons. It was rather slow-moving and the plot had little to no forward momentum to propel the story forward, so it felt as though we were at a standstill in terms of making much progress. There was also an issue with the amount of time ...more
Kat Dietrich

Her Pretty Bones by Carla is the third in the Detective Gina Harte series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background: (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
DI Gina Harte is a good boss, and she has earned the respect of her team, which consists of: DS Jacob Driscoll, DC Harry O’Connor and DC Paula Wyre, with a lot of assista
Elaine Tomasso
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Her Pretty Bones, the third novel to feature DI Gina Harte, set in the Midlands.

When a young girl falls out the back of a van an investigation gets under way to find out who she is and what happened to her. A short while later the bones of another young girl are found buried in a shallow grave and Gina wonders if the two cases are linked.

I enjoyed Her Pretty Bones but not as much as its predecessors as it failed to hold my com
M.A. Comley
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a fab read. The third gripping instalment in the Gina Harts series, one not to be missed. I love this character and the secrets she's keeping from family and friends. That's what makes the series so addictive and compelling to read.

The prologue alone will keep you turning the pages, this is set in the past and is obviously a vital part of the plot but it's the first chapter where the book really took off for me, when a man driving down a country lane sees a girl lying in the road, did
Michelle
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank NetGalley, Bookouture and Carla Kovach for a copy of Her Pretty Bones.
The is the third instalment of the Gina Harte series and like the others in the series, this is another excellent instalment. The quality of her writing is always consistent. I have loved them all.
Toby is driving along Laurel Lane, listening to the Ace of Spades in his car, when a door of a van opens ups in front of his car and a girl falls out of the van. Toby breaks, thinks she has killed her. He calls
Denise
Jan 08, 2019 added it
Two teenaged girls are dead, both showing indications of long term abuse and drug addiction. Forensics indicate that the two are connected. Detective Gina Harte and her team investigate a complicated case in this third book of the popular series. It seems that there may be yet another girl that needs help -- can they find her in time?

Although this book held my interest, the shifting points of view were a bit jarring and some of the narrative just wasn't all that compelling as the reader waits fo
Marija
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this instalment and in the beginning I was a bit worried will I be able to get all the dots, strings and characters from the previous 2 but everything was ok. It works well as a standalone too.
It is a book that has twists and turns that kept me guessing what will happen next and simply kept me as a "hostage" until I finished it.
In short (without giving away some spoilers and ruining another readers experience) the plot is great and the characters are solid built and
Els
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book starts with a prologue that has you hooked straight away and I can assure you that this only is the start of a very winding road to the revelation of the plot. But you will be rewarded at the end because it’s pretty heavy.

Needless to say that you are on the edge of your seat the whole time trying to figure out who is responsible for all that cruelness. At the same time you heart goes out to the girls and it’s very hard to understand how people can treat other people this way.

I certainly
The Cats’ Mother
Her Pretty Bones is the third book in the DI Gina Harte series, set in the Midlands, but each one is a separate mystery with enough backstory to read as stand-alone, and neither do they spoil the earlier books so they could be read out of order. They cover some fairly dark topics, in this case the abduction of homeless drug addicts, but without excessive violence or sadism.

A teenage girl falls from the back of a Transit van on a country road, and is taken to hospital, where she dies of extreme e
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tf, read-in-2019

This is the third book in the series, I read the second one last year and I was a bit hazy on the storyline this time but when you delve back in I was reminded quite promptly of the characters and what happened. I hold my hands up I have brought the first book but I still need to read it. (Don’t shoot me!)

So DI Harte is thrown back into a new case after the events of the last book. Only just finishing her therapy, is this really the best thing to do? Her relationship with her daughter is still f
Caitlyn Lynch
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, crime
Her Pretty Bones is the third in the DI Gina Harte series, and begins with an emaciated young woman falling from the back of a moving van. Too badly injured to live, she is only able to utter two words to the witness who finds her. “Save her” and with those two words, Gina knows that a clock is ticking on another young woman's life.

Domestic slavery is a subject that's not explored much in fiction, with a lot of human slavery stories focusing on the sexual aspects of such crimes, but it's a crime
Mary Thomas
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

This is the third in the series and another solid outing for DI Gina Harte and her team. Young girls are disappearing and several bodies have been found with severe malnutrition and signs of drug abuse. Is there a serial killer on the loose?

This was an interesting plot line with an unusual reason for the abuse and deaths of the young girls. I like the character of Gina and that she is a police officer with a past and battling her own demons. Having said that I wou
Pat Simpson
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as a standalone as I had not read books 1 and 2 in the series but it didn’t deter my enjoyment of it. The story begins with a young girl falling out of the back of a van, she is emaciated, bleeding and utters the words ‘help her’. Detective Gina Harte is back and on the case. The girl is in a coma and they cannot identify her as her fingerprints have been burned off. When another body of a young girl is found in a shallow grave, and who looks very similar to the previous girl wi ...more
Sharon
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-thrillers
The third book in the Gina Harte series carries on the pace of the previous books.

When a girl falls out of a van into the path of a car, her words “help her” suggest there is another woman in danger. When days later, a body of a young woman with similar red hair is found in the woods, DI Harte and her team have to consider if there is a serial killer at large.

There is plenty going on in this book, not just the hunt for a killer but Gina is battling on with her own demons, her relationship with h
Mel Murray
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: popsugar-2020
This is another 5 star book. It is filled with suspense and is a real thriller right to the end. I cannot wait for the next book in this series and see what lies in store for Gina Harte and her team.
gem
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Great for fans of B.A. Parris and C. L. Taylor.

I hadn’t read the two books in the series however there were enough little points scattered throughout to both fill me in on what I’d missed and to make me want to go back and read them. (Some pretty big spoilers at times but I want to see how all that played out!)

The plot of Her Pretty Bones was really interesting and from the start I was really intrigued. Once I got a few chapters in I felt like I knew the characters, particularly because the sett
peggy
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third in this series and it just keeps on getting better.
I was hooked from the first to the last page. This is compelling reading at its best. You can read this book as a stand alone even though there are references to her other cases. I am sure that once you have read this book you will want to search out the rest of this explosive.
I read this book in one sitting and experienced a gamut of emotions. A real rollercoaster of a read and highly recommended.
I would like to thank the a
Lilly
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley, Bookouture, and the author for an ARC of this exciting novel.

I love this series and couldn't wait to read this new one, and it didn't disappoint.
This is a wonderful that is both a crime thriller and a dark psychological study with plenty of twists and turns.

With engaging characters and pacey unpredictable plot, this novel is a must read. Can't wait to read the next installment in this series.
Lauren Archer
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh. I’ve read the other two of the DI Harte books and feel like this is the weakest in the series so far. Simply too many characters/potential suspects in this one and it makes it difficult to keep up with what’s going on. I regularly found myself having to reread things to understand the latest development! Also, I spotted a couple of errors in the book which should have really been picked up by the editor!

On to the next one in the series, I hope it’s better than this one!
Robin Loves Reading
How is it, in a matter of days, two women are found under very similar circumstances. The first is found running from a speeding van and is almost hit. She says to the driver that comes to her aid, "Help her." Then, the other woman's body is found in a shallow grave. There are striking similarities and Detective Gina Harte must take the case, ignoring serious issues in her personal life.

Why were these two girls targeted? Is another girl in danger? And danger is the name of the game. This is espe
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Promise to the Dead (Detectives King and Lane, #4)
  • The Dare (Detective Natalie Ward #3)
  • Killing Mind (D.I. Kim Stone #12)
  • Buried Angels (Detective Lottie Parker Book 8)
  • Last Lullaby (Detective Natalie Ward, #2)
  • Heartlands (Detective Jessie Blake #1)
  • The Secret Admirer (Detective Natalie Ward #6)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • Dead Wrong (DC Maggie Jamieson #2)
  • Final Betrayal (Detective Lottie Parker, #6)
  • Before She Falls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #3)
  • Why She Died (Detective Rachel Hart #3)
  • Last Light (Detective Lucy Harwin #3)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • The Girl in the Grave (Beth Adams, #1)
  • One Of Us Is Lying
Carla Kovach was born in Birmingham, UK and now resides in Redditch, Worcestershire. Author of supernatural drama 'Flame,' psychological thriller 'To Let,' crime thriller 'Whispers Beneath the Pines, and romantic comedy 'Meet Me at Marmaris Castle.' Carla also writes stage and screen plays, some of which have been produced in the Worcestershire area.

Her new novel 'The Next Girl,' is available for

Detective Gina Harte (7 books)
  • The Next Girl (Detective Gina Harte, #1)
  • Her Final Hour (Detective Gina Harte, #2)
  • The Liar's House (Detective Gina Harte, #4)
  • Her Dark Heart (Detective Gina Harte #5)
  • Her Last Mistake (Detective Gina Harte #6)
  • Their Silent Graves