Start by marking “Deep Background” as Want to Read:
Deep Background

Deep Background

From award-winning journalist Rick Treon comes "an intelligent, textured and taut thriller" that had critics "holding my breath" and "hanging on till the very end."

Two years after an anonymous tip helps reporter Levi Cole break one of the biggest political scandals in recent memory, the same unknown conspirators expose him for fabricating parts of his stories. After resig
Paperback, First Edition, 228 pages
Published December 6th 2018 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Deep Background, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Background

Estella Mirai
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up. I have such mixed feelings about this book... the good points are very, very good, but it did lag for me in a couple of key areas.

First, the good! I did not read the author bio before buying and reading the book, but it doesn't surprise me at all to learn that he is from Texas and has a journalism background. The setting--both geographical and professional--came alive, and the little details made me feel like I was really there. Small-town, generational dynamics played a bi
David Nora
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Gripping Political Thriller

Fantastic, sharp writing. A thrilling story of modern-day politics and news writing. Rick Treon crafts an exciting yarn that throws you into a world of seedy politics and hard-hitting journalism. Some characters made me angry, some made me cry. A great twist with a last sentence that kept me thinking 'What will happen?'
Dawn Knobloch