Start by marking “In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night” as Want to Read:
In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night

In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night

Predatory eyes flicker in darkness, a legion of abominations seeking human destruction. Slashing claws and gnashing teeth, hungry for flesh, eager to kill. Clutch onto hope and pray for dawn. Creatures rule the night.

In Darkness, Delight is an original anthology series revealing the many faces of modern horror— shocking and quiet, pulp and literary, cold-hearted and heart-
Published August 2019 by Corpus Press (first published July 11th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about In Darkness, Delight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Darkness, Delight

Start your review of In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night
Bark  |  Ladies Of Horror Fiction
Short story collections almost always contain a few duds for me. It’s not the fault of the story (usually) but often a matter of taste. When you toss this many writers together one of them is bound to leave me wishing I had spent my time trimming the cat's nails or something but surprisingly that wasn’t the case here. I didn’t despise any of them and found most of them imaginative and entertaining, a few were sad making, several were humorous, and more than a few made my skin crawl. It helps tha ...more
Char
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just like the first volume, (IN DARKNESS DELIGHT: MASTERS OF MIDNIGHT), IN DARKNESS DELIGHT: CREATURES OF THE NIGHT is an impressive collection of tales!

Creature features are one of my very favorite sub-genres of horror and in this volume, nearly every single story worked for me. There were creatures of all kinds, both great and small, both real and imaginary, (though figuring out which was sometimes difficult!). I can't get into every story within, but the ones that stood out the most were:

WHIT
The Grim Reader
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Like Forrest Gump famously said: “life is like a box of chocolates”. Old Forrest sure was right. There were times when dipping into this chocolate box of an anthology that I picked out a dark chocolate treat or a Cherry Ripe. Sadly, there was some Turkish Delight in here too. I felt the book started and finished with 2 of the worse stories. The predictable toilet tale and Josh Malerman’s epitaph story just did absolutely nothing for me. One was predictable and the other nonsensical and smart-ars ...more
Steven
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This anthology was full of awesome stories! Not one boring one in the bunch and now I really want to read the other title in this series. These stories would make the coolest Tales From The Crypt episodes and or comics/graphic novels.
Lisa Lee
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night is a fantastic anthology of Extreme Horror tales. Although this installment of In Darkness Delight does have a theme—Creatures of the Night—the stories are impressively varied in premise and context and style. Some stories are more gruesome than others, some more graphic than others, some more psychologically violating than others, but I did not read one I didn’t enjoy.

That being said, I picked a few at random that begged commentary:

“The People in the
Jesse Bollinger
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a mixed bag for me. Some of the stories were great, and some of them were just OK. Nothing was horrible by a longshot.
Well Read Beard
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
4.5 stars - rounding up for GoodReads, Amazon. It was a wonderful, multi-faceted anthology, I really just liked Volume 1 a bit more. All of the good stuff that I mentioned on formatting holds true for this volume. The text size, story breaks seem to make a 350 page book fly.

While volume 1 was all "new to me" authors. This one had some familiar names. Chad Lutzke ( I have read all of his work ), Gregor Xane ( I have read 3 novellas ), Richard Chizmar ( I read Gwendy's Button Box ), Glen Rolfe (
Serenity
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Couple good stories.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

THE PEOPLE IN THE TOILET Mason Morgan. 2⭐️. Trigger warning: animal and child abuse. Too vague about what was in the toilet. The story was mainly focused on the abuse, and very little about title subject.

HUMAN TOUCH Glenn Rolfe. 3⭐️. Ok read. Wish there had been a little more back story on the creature. I appreciated the gore.

WHITE RABBIT Tim Curran. 2 ⭐️. Lacked consistency. Story begins with a description of the rabbit saying, "...its fur white and prist
Phillip Smith
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a 2.5 for me. A lot of these stories just didn't scare or surprise me, which is a shame as I had heard good things about this collection.

But two stories I really liked were "The Ugly Tree" and "The Green Man of Freetown."

Frank Oreto
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Full disclosure: I have a story (The Worms Turn) in this anthology.

I finished reading my contributor copy and can say it’s a fun and varied bunch of tales with something for everyone from ravenous gorehounds to monocle wearing aesthetes and all mixtures thereof. Some of my favorite stories were Mikal Trimm’s Infestation, Chad Lutzke’s “ He Wears the Lake”, and Kev Harrison’s “Snap”.
Suzy Michael
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
*I was given a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for my fair and honest review.*

In Darkness Delight Two: Creatures of the Night, an original anthology series revealing the many faces of modern horror- the shocking and quiet, pulp and literary, cold hearted and heartfelt, all weird tales of spiraling madness alongside full throttle thrillers. Open these pages and unleash all new terrors that consume from without and within.

This book didn't start or end very well. I had high expectati
Trina
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, horror, own, amazon
A great anthology of horror stories. Each one was a winner.
Karien Kloppers
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Not as good as I expected, especially with the listed authors.... Redeems itself a bit in the second half but not by much.
In the end this book was a middle of the range, average short story collection 😒
Joel Kleehammer
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Generally decent stories from amateur authors...as with the first installment, there were many grammar issues that should have been caught. I read this book because it had Adam Light, Evans Light, and Gregor Xane. They did not disappoint. The rest were a mixed bag.
Kimberly
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I was very excited to receive a copy of In Darkness Delight:  Creatures of the Night because I very much liked the first one, Masters of Midnight.  And while there were many good stories within the Creatures of the Night collection, overall, I didn’t find this collection as powerful as I expected it would be.

I did have a few favorite stories that stuck with me well after reading them.

The collection opens with “The People in the Toilet” by Mason Morgan.  A young boy is convinced that there are
Randa sperling
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short stories that are well written and either horrific or introspective or both.
Lee-ann
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 - 𝙶𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚗 𝚁𝚘𝚕𝚏𝚎

I absolutely ADORE anthologies but sometimes I really dislike reviewing them 😂. I don’t like leaving any of the authors out! 🙈😊. I do love seeing others reviews and seeing how different our picks were tho! But, alas, it is time. Here are some stand out stories from this collection that left an impression on me:

𝘚𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘺 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘻 - This was some kind of fun! Body horror tha

• Sleepless Nights: 168 Thriller, Horror, Suspense, and Mystery Short Stories
  • The Monsters We Forgot: Volume 1
  • Worst Laid Plans: An Anthology of Vacation Horror
  • Next Door
  • Carnival Of Strange Things (Creepiest Show On Earth Book 3)
  • Nightmareland
  • Autumn Nights: 13 Spooky Fall Reads (Autumn Nights, #1)
  • Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
  • Places We Fear to Tread
  • The Devil's Bedtime Stories: Volume One
  • Doorbells at Dusk
  • Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify
  • Strange Little Horrors and Other Stories
  • Carnival of Horror
Andrew Lennon is the bestselling author of Every Twisted Thought and several other horror/thriller books. He has featured in various bestselling anthologies, and is successfully becoming a recognised name in horror and thriller writing. Andrew is a happily married man living in the North West of England with his wife Hazel & their children.
Having always been a big horror fan, Andrew spent a lot of

News & Interviews