Start by marking “Illuminati Papers” as Want to Read:
Illuminati Papers

Illuminati Papers

Is All of History a Vast Conspiracy? Cosmic Joke?

Robert Anton Wilson developed the story of the Illuminati, a conspiracy as old as time itself, as a vehicle to amuse and enlighten. His best-selling books, The Illuminati Trilogy and Cosmic Trigger, have delighted readers the world over and made the Illuminati conspiracy the perfect metaphor for our time. In the Illuminati
Published December 11th 1997 by Ronin Publishing (CA) (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Illuminati Papers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illuminati Papers

Matt
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 14-2
****An Apology ***
(a la Socrates; a Defence; and a preliminary apology to Bob for having the pretense to write such a thing).

**Integral Theory & Ken Wilber is where I'm coming from, since I find that body of work most comphrehensive. seemingly absurd terms might very well be technical terms from that work.

R.A.W's 8 circuit model of consciousness, transmitted to him by none other then Timothy Leary, needs defending for a few reasons. 1) technical philosophers & scientists will at once se
Mark
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mondo-spybot
Say what you may about his "discipleship" of Aleister Crowley and Timothy Leary, Wilson was actually quite prescient about the role the NSA and other surveillance agencies might play in the future (now the present day) America. While laughably taken to be "paranoid rants" in the early 80's, it appears in hindsight that Mr. Wilson could somehow see the totalitarian future. This book does give you a few ideas as to how to reset your "mammalian programming" so that in most things social, you're mor ...more
David Schwan
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Mostly wild conspiracy based speculation. The author did shine in the some of the books reviews included--in those there was a surprising amount of insight which made me look at the author being reviewed in a different light. Otherwise most of the book reads like bad stream of consciousness writings of a psychotic person.
SALIM Dahman
Jul 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
"And [remember, O Muhammad], when those who disbelieved plotted against you to restrain you or kill you or evict you [from Makkah]. But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners." - Surat Al Anfal - Verse 8:30
user
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good relaxing reading
Chris
Jun 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
A quick, blazing head-banger of an introduction to various aspects of RAW's thought, comprised of quick & discrete essays written pseudonymously, expanding on some of the themes from the Cosmic Trigger series and his other works like Prometheus Rising and Coincidance. I especially recommend "Ten Good Reasons to Get Out of Bed in the Morning" and "Coex! Coex! Coex!" (which further reinforces my belief that RAW was just as good a reader of James Joyce as many of the more canonical experts on J ...more
Chelsea
Aug 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading this book off and on since I got it at the beginning of 2006. I kept it in my car and when I went to have coffee or lunch somewhere and I didn't have homework, I'd pull it out and read one or two of the "articles".

In short, I loved it. All of it. I love this man and his thoughts. Its perfect blend of intellectual stimulii and dry, sardonic humor makes me want to SMI2LE. =)
Del
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A cute, lighthearted book for those who loved the Illuminatus Trilogy and want it to go on. Borrow it from a library or a friend, unless you're a die-hard RAW fan.
Kaela Hildebrand
Mar 08, 2009 is currently reading it
im really enjoying his clear statements that promote the importance of gaining intelligence. I also like that he changes ideas around each 30 pages or something. its nice to be fucked with and prodded at while being educated in a distant but such personal form.
Will
Mar 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
trying WAY too hard. not very funny and not very though provoking....bleh.
Jovany Agathe
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
One of my favorite book.. Thank you Bob..
Chad Oldham
Dec 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
More great essays by RAW. coex!coex!coex! is worth the price of the whole book.
David
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Learn to program yourself to realize your potential. A mindblowing book designed to make your think.
Micelle Miseracorde
Mar 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this years ago and can't remember much about it, other than it was the first I'd ever heard of Finnegan's Wake.
Essi
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
True RAW material.
Alan Culler
Jan 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Illuminatus theory...
Julian
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, as always. Another view on all those ideas of RAW
Tobias
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun, occasionally illuminating supplement to RAW's loopier fiction. Particular good complement to SCT. His section on the RICH economy makes the whole book worthwhile.
David
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was too short! As usual, Robert Anton Wilson fluctuates between a highly intelligent, very serious tone, and comical nonsense. But he always keeps you wondering, is it true?
Tasha
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: subversion
Poor RAW hasn't got far enough out of his own reality tunnel to quite grasp the nuance of feminism, but other then that it's a great pseudo philosophical exercise.
Karl THE RED ROCKET MARX
Gengo Gengo
Dec 22, 2010
Noel De brackinghe
Feb 02, 2013
  • Leviathan (Illuminatus, #3)
  • Undoing Yourself: With Energized Meditation and Other Devices
  • Principia Discordia ● Or ● How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her: The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger
  • GURPS Illuminati: The World is Stranger Than You Think
  • Utopia or Oblivion: The Prospects for Humanity
  • Angel Tech: A Modern Shaman's Guide to Reality Selection
  • Info-Psychology: A Revision of Exo-Psychology
  • The Eye in the Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley
  • The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford: Dilettante's Guide to What You Do and Do Not Need to Know to Become a Qabalist
  • The Gnostics
  • Liber Kaos
  • Sinister Forces—The Manson Secret: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft
  • Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare
  • Book 4
  • A History of Secret Societies
  • The Book of the SubGenius
  • The Reality of Being: The Fourth Way of Gurdjieff
  • The Philosopher’s Stone: Alchemy and the Secret Research for Exotic Matter

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Robert Anton Wilson became, at various times, an American novelist, essayist, philosopher, polymath, psychonaut, futurist, libertarian and self-described agnostic mystic. Recognized as an Episkopos, Pope, and Saint of Discordianism by Discordians who care to label him as such, Wilson helped publicize the group/religion/melee through his writings, interviews, and strolls.

He described his work as an
“It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.” 90 likes
“Anyone in the United States today who isn't paranoid must be crazy.” 73 likes