Start by marking “Convalescent (Slivered Souls Trilogy Book Two)” as Want to Read:
Convalescent (Slivered Souls Trilogy Book Two)

Convalescent

(Slivered Souls #2)

All she wanted was to feel again, but when Kisa stumbled into Dolor's life, she didn't know it would change her entire existence. Being told that one is destined and damned to destroy the world isn't what she had in mind.The more she learns, the more questions she has, and getting answers is harder than she thought.

And then there's Dolor. Mysterious, sexy, dark, he pulls
Published (first published October 29th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Convalescent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Convalescent

Lisha
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love this series! The first book, Slivered, blew me away. Convalescent continues the story of Kisa and Dolor, getting hotter and better, the pages practically burning to cinders as I read them. Kisa has to come to terms with a lot of changes, including her feelings for Dolor and his for her. We get to learn more about the secondary characters - who hopefully will get their own books (hint hint Kandi!) and the worlds they inhabit. No spoilers here, you’ll have to read it for yourself. Th ...more
Amethyst Stone
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another stand out performance by Ms. Vale. Kisa is developing and is learning who and what she is through her struggles to survive. Dolor is hot as always. Demanding and alpha in all the best ways but it’s his gentleness with Kisa that makes me melt. He instinctively knows what she needs often before she does. You also see glimpses of all the main characters’ pasts in this book. I didn’t want it to end.
Jeanette
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Convalescent possibly more than Slivered (Slivered Souls Trilogy Book One)!

Note, this story does end on a cliff hanger; so, if you're not a fan of cliff hangers, you may want to hold off on reading this trilogy until the last book comes our in January! Gah! I just realized I have to wait until January for the third and final book!

But, if you can handle cliff hangers, I would strongly encourage you to read this series! Sooooo good!!
Tara
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Step back into Dolor and Kisa's world. A world where nothing and no one is what they seem. The second installment of the Slivered Soul series is sinfully delicious. If you thought that Slivered was hot wait until you sink your teeth into Convalescent. I literally could not put the book down. I devoured this book in a day and a half. Kandi Vale is a truly gifted author and the world that she created will suck you in. Mind, Body, and Soul.
Amber Lee
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not one to read bondage type books but I think Kandi Vale is changing my mind on this quickly! I love the players, I love the worlds, I love everything about this series. I am not going to lie these books are a very hot read! So if you like hot guys, give and take and visiting other realms then this book is for you! I read Slivered first because I have to read series in order and I would recommend reading it first just so you know who the major players are!
Katryne
Wow!

Wow! Amazing! Kandi Vale blew me away again with her second book in the Slivered trilogy. I really like Kisa and Dolor. I love the fact that Dolor is tender with Kisa, that he can show a softer side when she needs it.
The story is still super interesting, I cant wait to read the third book!
A serie worth discovering, you're gonna devour them!!!
Johnna
Shelves: re-reading
My only complaint about his book is that my water bill is going to skyrocket from the cold showers I'm taking! I don't know how to express how much I love the world Kandi has built within the pages of Convalescent. She blew my mind as a debut author with Slivered, and took my breath away with Convalescent. Kisa and Dolor build upon their relationship in the most delicious ways, and Kisa gets some insight into the people (beings) around her. Their world is written so immersively that I was comple ...more
Jordan Simpson
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of two series that I'd reread, actively - and I do not say that lightly. I like a series/book that can silence my academic brain, I want to get lost in a fantasy world, and hear the sounds as well as smell the surroundings of whatever world I'm thrown into. Slivered Souls, and specifically Convalescent is one of few that truly does that for me.

The detail that Kandi wrote is absolutely stunning, I mean you can really honestly feel what Kisa felt during each scene, and that goes for a
Margaret Ball
Shelves: to-be-re-read
* NO SPOILERS* Well folks, Kandi Vale has done it again!!! She has knocked the ball out of the field, dunked the final basketball and won all the trophies. Okay, so it shows that I am a reader NOT a sports writer. Kandi's second book in the Slivered Souls Trilogy "Convalescent" is FANTASTIC!!!!! If I didn't KNOW it was only her second book to be published, I would never have guessed it!!! Dolor and Kisa are back and larger than life as ever. The main characters continue to grow and their persona ...more
Melissa Tovgaard
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all if you have not read Slivered (book 1) of this series - why??? Go get it (it's free on Kindle Unlimited) then you will be able to fully appreciate Convalescent.

I love the way Convalescent seamlessly picks up from Slivered, the storyline unfolds gently while the heat between Kisa and Dolor BURNS!

The character development through the story is wonderful. The book deals with loss and trust just beautifully. The dynamics between all of the characters are just perfect. I want them all t
bette whitmire
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok.. I will keep this short. Kandi Vale has put herself on my obsession list with her first 2 books. This is not an easy task as my favorite 2 authors are Sheralyn Kenyon and Laurell K Hamilton. Mrs. Vale takes time to define things that most others do not. You can tell that she doesn't just throw scenes together and hope for the best. Her books hook you then just flow..... Hours later you realize that is WAY past bed time. So do yourself a favor and read. She will transport you to a realm where ...more
Kiki B
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the reason I read. Every once in a while you find a book that just hits all the right cords. And this is exactly what this book does. I couldn’t put it down. When I slept it was with me, when I woke up it was still haunting me. The characters were so real I swore I could touch them.

The passion between Kisa and Dolor is palpable. It’s a mind blowing read from start to finish. The third installment can’t come fast enough.
Debra
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit this is one hot read!! This is the second book in the trilogy and OMG it is so good! I can't say to much cuz I don't want to give anything away. But I can say this if you haven't read the first one what are you waiting for!!!! You won't be sorry! I highly recommend this trilogy I can't wait for the third one!!!!!!
AJ Rhoads
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kandi is a mind-blowing author! When I read “Slivered”, I was so blown away and just the cliff hanger ending hurt so bad. Then comes “Convalescent”, you’re sucked in by the end of page one and it doesn’t let you go until the end. But at the end though you’re just hoping that it isn’t going to end. Dolor and Kisa’s world grew so much in this book. Their relationship blossoms and the heat is turned up in the BDSM world. Whoa! HOT!!! HOT!!! HOT!!! This one is certainly a page turner.
Annemiek Lip
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how, but Kandi did it again! A book full of mythical creatures to explore, both old and new. The story goes deeper, secrets are revealed and you are sucked into the world of Kisa as if you are living in it! And boy did I wish I was! Somehow Kandi knows how to make every chapter a perfect valance of steamy scenes and amazing storytelling. I can't wait for the next book!
Nicole Padgett Rokos
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t stop reading Convalescent! I devoured this book in less than 3 hours! Dolor is my new book boyfriend. The chemistry and heat between Kisa and Dolor is phenomenal! There’s the added mix of danger and dying to know what happens next! I can’t wait for book 3! In the mean time, I will keep rereading this! Fabulous job Kandi Vale! What a world you have created!
RiRi Day
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ladies make sure you have a change of panties with you at all times when reading Convalescent. I haven't personally found a series that I enjoyed the second book just a little bit more then the first. The moment I recieved it I downloaded it and was ready to dive in. After my kids went to bed I started and before I new it I was 30 percent done and it was 1:00am. I went to bed reluctantly only cause I new my kids were going to be up in about 6 hours and the baby in about 3 hours to feed. The mome ...more
Jocelyn Sanchez
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've come to one realization about the author Kandi Vale.
The woman is a writing goddess.

You know a book is good when you don't know where to begin with your review and you're just staring at the screen with a frustrated face because you want to write a review worthy of a newspaper, but you sound more like a failing chipmunk *squeak squeak*

ANYWAY!

Let me try to put to words how beautiful and stunning this novel is. Kandi Vale has a way with her words that impacts you hard. I started this novel
R Y A N  (bdb.for.life.true)
4.5/5 - R E V I E W | T O | C O M E
Lucy Roy
When I read Kandi Vale's first installment of the Slivered Souls Trilogy, Slivered, I was hooked almost immediately. I was thrilled when Convalescent was finally released because it meant I was able to finally get my Kisa and Dolor fix.
Hot yet angsty is the best way I can describe this series. Ms. Vale has done a great job depicting the softer side of Dolor while allowing Kisa to come into her own. Watching these two discover not other each other, but themselves, as well has made this series rea
Rachel
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

So I started reading Kandi with Slivered her first book in the series and so without question I got the second book. I had to know what happened. I love the balance of romance and adventure in these books and I love that Kandi will leave you wanting more.
Lindsey
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love

This book was so intense. I couldn't stop reading, and I hate that there wasn't more to it because im not ready to read and finish the series with the last book. Dolor and Kisa are intoxicating and I am dying to find out what is in store for them with the third book!
Jamie Kastroll
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“That better have been glamour on his part. If you were really eye fucking some stranger in front of me, I think I would have to find my Cane.”

This is just a tid bit of the saucy, Quirky, Sexy story ahead. Convalescent by Kandi Vale will make you weak in the knees, Kisa and Dolor really know how to immerse you in a story! The title in itself is just a perfect reference to how the story progresses but to find out how you’ll have to crack these pages open! I am speechless.

I thought Kandi’s first b
Myriam
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kandi-vale
Six stars
This is the second book in the Trilogy, following Slivered.
First of all, I have to mention a very powerful story of Eve, which falls in the same category of great and powerful, as the prologue of Slivered. It made me love the author and this series even more, if that was even possible.
The author's writing is beautiful, impeccable, consistent and her own. Now it's clear that she found her own voice, her style, and her way of presenting her incredibly original ideas. This book is even mor
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Convalescent picked up right where Slivered left off.
This trilogy is one of the best I’ve read this year. I can’t say much because it’s a trilogy with cliffhangers.

BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Book Cover~ Beautiful!
Series~ Slivered Souls Tril
Meagan
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Words can't express how much this series has become my life; when I first read Slivered, I was hooked after the first few chapters, wanting more and more between Kisa and Dolor, anxiously hoping that their connection would transform into something more. Kandi did not disappoint! After reading Convalescent, I realized that nothing will ever compare to this book or series, I am obsessed with Kisa and Dolor's story. We learn more about Dolor's background, we learn more about the side characters (Wh ...more
Britan
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I loved this book. Kisa goes through some hardships letting go of the past and trying to embrace her future. Dolor is a complex character who is never 2 dimensional. This book focused on building their relationship more than anything else which was nice. I can't wait to find out more about the prophecy in the next book.
Yannyris Lopes
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Again I'd left a review but I guess I'll leave another one!

A fantastic addition to the Slivered Souls Trilogy. Didn't think that it could get better than the first but it did. The story continues on seamlessly, and the plot thickens, I can't wait to see what Dolor is going to do about Kisa and where the story takes us. Hopefully we see more of Black Eve(this was brilliant).
Bernice Richards
Over already

I love the world that you are drawn into. I love how well it is written and how much detail is in this book. My only complaint is it was over way to soon lol I wanted to just keep reading. I have fallen in love with the characters and I really want to see what will come to be
April Bock
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Kisa's relationship with Dolor grow. This series is filled with magic and steam. I have definitely become a huge fan of this author.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Slivered Souls (3 books)
  • Slivered (Slivered Souls Trilogy Book One)
  • Reclaimed (Slivered Souls Trilogy Book 3)