Start by marking “Lonely Hearts: a novella bundle” as Want to Read:
Lonely Hearts: a novella bundle

Lonely Hearts: a novella bundle

Marc joins the Lonely Hearts chat room where men support men on their way to finding true love. He wants to believe that kind of love is possible for him, but his once-burned heart stops him from going all-in with anyone.

The chat group’s p

Published October 19th 2018 by Boho Press

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Hearts

Cadiva
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review when I'm at the laptop tomorrow.

Right, this is a lovely collection of four of Posy's previously released shorter novellas and they're all nice easy to read, relatively low angst and moderate steamy romances.

With this novella, they've been loosely connected into her https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... series as Hugo sets up a chat room into which each of one half of the pairings joins.

So, in order:

3* Luther and Erik in Bent Arrow - set in the North Dakota oil fields, this is a fr
Gabi
I still don't like short stories or novellas, but it seems I'll never learn. Give me at least 200 pages and I will probably enjoy it more. Now, given my statement, this was a good novella bundle. However, there was more telling than showing in each stories, and all of them has single POV's. The chat room that connects the characters to each other isn't really necessary, it doesn't really add anything to it, it just is.

Bent Arrow
The story started out so real. There wasn't any spark when they look
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m
One chat room - five members - four stories

Nice read, four totally different stories bounded by the chat room ‘Lonely Hearts’

- Hugo has his Kevin already from the North Star series
- Luther meets his Eric in Bent Arrow
- Mark meets his Cas in Stroke of Luck
- William meets his Nate in Momo my Everything
- Andrew meets his Shep in Love on a Battlefield

We are witness from very different angles how men find their life partners.
Between the stories they meet in the chat room to evaluate.

I found the st
Ann
The author uses a clever technique to tie four novellas together along with a connection to The North Star Series. It works well and bundles all four stories cohesively via chat room conversations between Hugo (from North Star) and one half of each of the couples in the novellas. I liked it, it allowed me to get to know each of the guys organically and get a taste of their personalities going into their new relationships.

Bent Arrow (Luther and Eric) - 4 Hearts
I just love Luther. Then I met Eric
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

LONELY HEARTS is a 4-Novella Bundle.

> > Judging a Book by its Cover < <
The cover did not appeal to me and would not catch my attention while browsing for my next read. Had it not been offered by the promoter to post and/or read about, I’d never have noticed this bundle by Posy Roberts.

> > Looking Deeper < <
↪ BENT ARROW ↩
Novella, under 100 pages. Quick read. Third-person POV.
Luther works on the oil rigs and lives in one of the many "man c
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

From the blurb: Stoic men, who believe they’re happy alone, find the world turned upside down when their perfect someone stumbles across their path. The Lonely Hearts chat room is a place where men support men on their way to finding true love.

There are five main members: Hugo, Luther, Marc, Andrew, and William. Their philosophy is, “Figure out how you keep screwing up your happily ever
Kristina
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Over all this Novella Bundle is so good. There was something for everyone and I normally don’t do a lot of novella’s but I am really glad I got this. The men were so different but came together to encourage each other to find and not give up on finding love. The writing was so good and there wasn’t any unneeded information, no receptiveness, it was really well written and I know I will be picking up more by Posy and I can’t wait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Bent Arrow- 3 Star’s- I li
Heather Rawlins
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved how Lonely Hearts was interspersed between these 4 novellas plus North Star Trilogy on the side. I have read all four books before, but I really loved the connection Posy Roberts wove between them, and it’s great to see a bit about Hugo and Kevin too.

Bent Arrow, I just loved. I have friends and family who work in oilfields and it’s kind of neat to get a little peak in the oilfields. I liked Luther and Erik, both were so nice and had a great chemistry between them. I really loved the tatt
Becca
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful set of books. Men who are scared, but find what's missing in their lives. Love. True, unconditional love. It's takes work, yes, but it's worth it.

*Individual reviews with the books

Megan
Love can sometimes be elusive, fickle, or lost. It can also be surprising, transformative, and right under your nose. In a chat room there are five men giving and taking and shunning advice regarding their own search, or avoidance, of a forever kind of love. Meet Luther and Erik who find more than a quick encounter after a glimpse of a tattoo suggests they might have something in common. Marc loses everything and while he's reestablishing himself he happens across the defensive, prickly, and utt ...more
Amy Dufera
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

As a HUGE fan of Posy Robert's North Star Trilogy, I was elated to pick up Lonely Hearts and see Hugo in the Lonely Hearts Club chatroom. What a delightful surprise.

The whole trilogy is sweetly done, with chatroom conversations in between the novellas. This works so well at letting us get to know the characters, both before and after their stories. This Lonely Hearts Club chatroom idea is brilliant and a whole lot of fun.

In the four novellas, we get a great variety. Each story stands alone well,
Jaimed
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bent Arrow
Luther has been enjoying his life of one night stands and temporary jobs and housing. He didn't plan on finding Erik, but now he has to figure out if being alone is worth the loneliness. Erik hides his attraction to men after seeing someone else get beat up and after his own scarring experience. He doesn't want to be a secret or a booty call anymore. Erik wants to be in a committed relationship and have it not be a secret.

I liked the story. I think that the new edits cover problems tha
Dan
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Previously to reading this collection I had only read Love on a Battlefield, so I was certainly excited to read more by Posy, and was not disappointed. This novella bundle, unlike many I've read before, connects the stories and characters via a chat room, moderated by Hugo from the North Star trilogy (another must read if you haven't yet). As there are several stories, I think it might be fitting to give my review on them individually.
Bent Arrow: This is the story of Luther and Erik, who meet w
Cammey Kelley
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bent Arrow is one of my all time favorite novellas, so I was ecstatic to have it open this series!

Employees in the oilfields know little but long work hours, moving on the fly and lonely lives, but that all changes when Luther needs a plumber and Erik comes into his life. These guys, because of their homophobic work environment, have to keep things on the down low until Luther makes the choice of going home and accepting an inheritance that’s in serious need of a plumber!

Loved, loved, loved thi
Tanya
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a bundle of a few novellas so I will break them down.

Bent Arrow: Luther and Erik........2 men who want the same thing but both work where it is not safe to be together. When Luther finds himself as a homeowner, Erik is there to help fix it up and also push Luther past his insecurities. Life isn't all that bad when you work together to make it better.

Momo: my everything: William and Nate.....William isn't fully out, but can Momo convince him to take a chance? Can Nate/Momo, get William pa
Kim Krogh
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Five standalone novels combined into one, Bent Arrow, Stroke of Luck, Momo, My Everything, and Love on a Battlefield, if you had done just that it probably wouldn't have worked. However the author has beautifully combined them by adding the chat dialog of the the Lonely Hearts chatroom. And you know what? It works, kind of a prolog to each story.

Andrew, Marc, William and Luther all have their stories to tell why the shy away from love. Five men in the closet working to find the one true love wo
Sarita Chapdelaine
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a quick, fun and entertaining bundle of novellas and I really enjoyed them. I love the concept of the five men meeting in a chat group and how they support and encourage each other. The author does an excellent job of tying all of the stories together with the group chats and I wish there had been more of that. They each face different challenges in their relationships but they all want that elusive HEA. My favorite story is Momo, My Everything and I love Nate the most of all of the char ...more
Rachwithheadinabook
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories held together by what happens and said within a chat room aimed at people wanting to find love, To support each other on that quest, as one by one they shed their lonely hearts and find love in various ways and situations.
Each of these stories have been published separately before but with the adding content and the common thread of the chat room, this is a book reading if you are looking for enjoyable stories with little to no angst and HEAs all round.
B.L. Maxwell
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection. I had read some of these previously, but I loved reading them again. All of the stories are very good, well written and great characters. My only complaint is I want more.
Stephanie
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love bundles and this was such a sweet read. Each of the stories are quick but are perfect in the flow of each of the stories. First time read by this author and now I want more.
Kaila
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was a lot of fun. it made me laugh and smile.. it made me sad and angy at times.. good story and i enjoyed these characters into this bundle. very good
Tracy
Kek219
Nov 11, 2018
Elsi
Oct 26, 2018
Posy Roberts started reading romance when she was young, sneaking peeks at adult books long before she should’ve. Textbooks eventually replaced the novels, and for years she existed without reading for fun. When she finally picked up a romance two decades later, it was like slipping on a soft hoodie . . . that didn’t quite fit like it used to. She wanted something more.

She wanted to read about men