Start by marking “Eye Spy: Wild Ways Animals See the World” as Want to Read:
Eye Spy: Wild Ways Animals See the World

Eye Spy: Wild Ways Animals See the World

From award-winning illustrator Guillaume Duprat, children will see exactly how animals view the world around them in this innovative and exciting lift-the-flap book. Ever wonder what your cat is watching through the window? Or how having eyes on the sides of its head changes the world for a horse? And what would life be like seeing in 5 colors instead of only 3? After a ...more
Hardcover, Translated edition. First published in France under the title: Zooptique, 36 pages
Published October 1st 2018 by What On Earth Books (first published October 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Eye Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye Spy

Start your review of Eye Spy: Wild Ways Animals See the World
Alyssa Gudenburr
An AMAZING book with lift the flaps for each animal! Had a lot of information how animals view the world differently. I really enjoyed this book and it would make a great present for an animal lover elementary student.
Sunday
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FASCINATING!!!! Oh, the research that must have been done to write the content and develop the visuals for this book! Thorough. Well written. Visually appealing. Conceptually, Duprat tackles what other authors have only written (but not tried to make visual) for students. The book comes in a large format and each two page spread has an image of 2-3 animals with a flap that you can pull away and see what that animal sees, actually how we think the animal sees. For example, there are two flaps ...more
Kerstin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guillaume Duprat, the award-winning author-illustrator’s latest nonfiction book “Eye Spy Wild Ways Animals See the World” is a fascinating book filled with information about mammals, birds, insects, reptiles, amphibians, worms and mollusks. It is especially focused on eyes. The reader is surprised by a flap over each animal’s eyes where, when it is opened, many more facts appear about their vision and where each animal’s eyes should be, we get to see how their vision compares with human sight. ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Eye Spy: Wild Ways Animals See the World by Guillaume Duprat. PICTURE BOOK/NON-FICTION. What on Earth Books, 2018. $22. 9781999802851

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

This large format book contains a few pages of informational text on eyesight in humans and animals and then each page has an illustration of a head of one animal with flaps over the eyes that can be physically lifted. Above each head is a short description of the animal’s vision needs. The bulk of the
Rcltigger
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eye Spy: Wild Ways Animals See the World, is a fascinating look into how animals see the world--literally. Informative, well-organized, and beautifully illustrated with lift-the-flap illustrations, this book will appeal to all ages. From a reading standpoint, it's best suited for upper elementary readers, but younger children will also love it for the detailed illustrations. Highly recommended, this is one of my favorite non-fiction reads in recent memory.
Rebecca Caufman
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow, wow. This book is so interesting and fun to read. It has beautiful pictures of animals heads and you lift the flap at their eyes to see how they all see the same picture. So cool to compare and see the world through something else's eyes.
Erin
A really cool book that doesn't let its innovative layout get too out of hand. Each page has brief information on the sight of an animal, with greater detail and specifics under the eye flap for each creature.

Fascinating information, beautiful pictures, and elegant layout.
Launna
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my new favorite books- especially about vision. It was super informative and interesting. It held our young children’s and older children’s interest. I want to see a woodcock in real life.
Kelly
Very interesting. Could be a little less wordy. There are a lot of details.
Eileen
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Lift Flap Book
Krissy Neddo
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A great gift for an animal lover. The flaps are a bit too wordy. Best read with an adult caregiver if given to child grades K-3.
Trish
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, animals
This is a very neat book. It shows how animals see. This is a great science/ nature book.
Michelle Gray
Preschool STEAM--Vision, eyes
Lupe
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Amazing and so beautiful! It's also very cool!
Connie Heneghan
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile
Great lift the flap book but would not last long in a library.
Interesting look at what different species vision is like
Heather
This is the coolest book ever made.
Hannah
Such an amazing book!!! So perfect for learning about animal adaptations!!
MaryLibrarianOH
Cool book of facts about animals and their vision. Use of lift-the-flaps are a great component to the book. Nonfiction loving kids will love it.
Liz
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting oversize books with flaps that share the world through varied animals' eyes.
Melissa Mcavoy
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great, large format, comparative anatomy book with lifting flaps. Excellent for comparing and comprehending differnt sight abilities of animals
Great Books
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ages-8-9
Can dogs see color? What makes cats such great hunters? And how do eagles catch their prey? Using the same image seen from multiple perspectives, Eye Spy examines how a variety of animals view the world. Both animal and science fans will pore over this interactive volume.

Reviewer #9
V
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: t, 2018t
Note: We read the English version.

Why we chose this book:
T and I both loved Dinosaurs! and Bugs! from What On Earth Books, so we were thrilled to be able to review this newest publication when the publisher sent us a review copy.

Mom's Review (V)

An engaging look at how different animals' vision functions.

Why weren't these books around when I was a kid? Or a teacher? Eye Spy is an oversized picture book with flaps on most pages. The book is divided by types of animals, and then a different animal
Soobie's scared
J'ai acheté l'édition française parce qu'elle était plus bon marché que tous les autres...

J'ai beaucoup aimé ce livre. Je l'avait vu en mai en Treviso et je voudrais l'acheter depuis lors.

L'auteur présente comment les animaux voient. Chaque animal est mis devant la même image; leurs yeux sont dessiné sur des petits rabats qui couvrent la représentation de la vision de différents animaux.

J'aurai voulu voir même les yeux des poissons, mais il y a seulement certains mammifères, quelques reptiles,
Nyctea
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bellissimo libro animato di divulgazione scientifica per bambini. Utile a capire come e perché ciascun essere vivente vede il mondo da una prospettiva diversa dagli altri.

(Non avrei mai creduto che il felino di casa che mi sta beatamente ronfando in braccio mentre digito fosse più miope di me!)
Gv
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Livre magnifique, instructif, compréhensible sans être simplificateur, et les illustrations, les volets à soulever sont splendides !
KathKin

• Because
  • The Bell Rang
  • Dreamers
  • Thank You, Omu!
  • I Hate My Cats (A Love Story): (Cat book for Kids, Picture Book about Pets)
  • My Heart