Start by marking “The Saint” as Want to Read:
The Saint

The Saint

*Please note: This is not a romance. The Saint is a dark suspense.*

My life was simple; God, business and myself, in that order.

Then I met an angel, and everything changed.

Only an angel can save the damned.
Published January 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Saint

Natalie The Biblioholic
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize until I got to the end of this story that it's not a romance. Maybe I should have paid attention to the blurb, huh? I'm glad I went into this blind. While waiting for the supposed romance to build, I got to learn the true intricacies of the relationship between Saint and Eden. Or whatever you want to call what developed between these two. I loved how the author gave such insight into Saint's character. He was a vision to be feared, larger than life, but he was still human. He ha ...more
Snow
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
so, I both loved it and didn't...I'm torn cause, well, besides the phenomenal writing of LP Lovell, cause that's like a given, I'm not even putting any thought to it in this review...

I LOVED, fucking admiring it through and through, how Lauren dabbled in psychological portrayal of a man obssessed with sin and his debatable path of coming close to God through punishment BUT never to repent or redeem, no that's not Saint...

which actually delivers a person that you must either accept as a complexit
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I would have 5 starred the heck out of this book if (view spoiler)
Saint deserved a little Poetic Justice.
Suspense is pointless when it leads to a weak ending. It made the book feel long and drawn out for no reason. It was kind of anticlimactic imo.

I will say, The Saint was very well written. L.P. Lovell is a talented author. I'm excited to
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Okay, I think I need 10 shots and a lifetime to come to terms with what I just read. I did not expect that. This book is hort but it definitely it not a quick easy read. I’m left feeling restless and I can’t seem to get my thoughts in order.

Eden is like a mother figure to her younger brother after her mother died. Her borther is all she has left and he is currently going down the wrong path and is in danger so she seeks help from a man who is feared by everyone. He is very powerful and is a devo
Mirjam
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
**WARNING**
This is not a romance!

We meet Saint Kingsley in The Pope as the cold, heartless brother of Judas.

I would've thought, upon meeting Eden, Saint would've come to see how messed up deluded his believes were.

This could have easily be a solid 5* read for me, if only the ending succeeded with what Eden wanted for her and a different outcome for Otto.

Standalone books within the same universe, but are best enjoyed when read in order:
Cards of Love The Pope by L.P. Lovell The Saint by L.P. Lovell
Mimiorphee
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc
BOOM!!! What was that book? I knew that Mrs Lovell was able to write some twisted stories, but The Saint  is truly something else!!! I don't even know where to begin when it comes to that madness.

Saint, owner of Sanctuary, money forger, is the man you don't want to cross in your life. Trust me you want to stay away from him. When bad circumstances bring Eden on his radar, his controled life and daily routine are seriously put to jeopardy. Eden's brother disappeared a week ago and she is determin
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
"She's my absolution, my salvation, and because of that, she's become my obsession."
Saint Kingsley is anything but what his name implies... he straddles a fine line between his dark urges and his misinterpreted morality. According to his mother, he was born with the devil in him but raised to believe in God. Cold, unfeeling and conflicted, this psychopath constantly searches for forgiveness through self punishment to find balance... until Eden, a beautiful, innocent angle who enters his undergro
Natalie
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book in exchange for an honest review.
Initially i thought this was a romance but its not. But it turned out better than i expected.
Saint is a dark, dangerous psychopath and Eden is portrayed in his mind as an angel. I wont spoil the book for you, but the ending was not what i expected and i didnt see it coming. I enjoyed this book but felt it was left unfinished which leaves me in hope there could be a 2nd one in the future. I hope so!
Natalia
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 stars because of the ending...

He killed him! 😐

The book is beautiful, but that end!
Caitlin Audet
Saint Kingsley was brought up believing he was born with the devil inside him. The church became his second home and paved the way to the man he grew up becoming. Strict with everything to do with his life, including his illegal business dealings, all the while praying every day for his sins to be forgiven to earn a spot in Heaven. Now Saint's empire is slowly toppling like dominoes and pushing him to break his rules in order to come back out on top.

L.P. Lovell has written such an intriguing st
Tyi
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are expecting romance between the dark, religious Saint and the innocent Eden, then this story isn't for you. There is no hearts and flowers. I felt like both of the characters were lost... One of religiously and another emotionally because of familial bonds.

I wasn't expecting for Saint to be absolve of sin or to have type or redemption. The irony of who he is, it is in his name. Saint. He had so many devilish qualities. They were hidden by routine.

I was worried when the routine was not
Clare Harrison
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He killed a man.. he doesn't regret a moment of it, for he has no soul.

Five years of rigid routine. A simple structure to see him through each day.

Payment in blood to repent his sins. The pearly white gates his goal.

She was angry and dissapointed, but didn't want him gone.

Every day he's missing feels like a lifetime to her.

Betrayal, hurt, loss, regret swirl round her mind like a tornado out of control.

Two people, two lives, that dance in harmony through darkness and light to find an inner peace.
Charlotte ~BookObsessionConfessionsBlog~
**WARNING** This is not a romance.

Where do I start? This was crazy, I never expected that ending.

Eden is a young woman looking after her younger brother since their parents are no longer around. She does the best she can but unfortunately Otto takes the wrong path.

Saint is.... well, Saint. I don’t know how to describe him. He is crazy religious and I meant crazy with a capital C. I can’t tell you much more that that.

Their relationship is not based on romance and nor will it be. They each have
Sarah N
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whoa, what did I just read?!? My friends, this is not a romance. A dark suspense novel, The Saint by LP Lovell is thrilling, twisted, and utterly enthralling. Exceptional writing, great character development, and an intricate plot. You truly can’t predict where this book goes, but author LP Lovell takes it there. A wild and terrifying ride, this book will mess with your mind.

Saint Kingsley is not a hero. Anything
HeatherP
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This was very interesting, entertaining, and so very different. I really enjoyed the break in the status quo with this one. Saint is a very different kinda man, but one that I couldn't help but love. He's not your normal anti-hero, but he is still one.

The suspense/plot part of this book kinda fell flat for me, thus the reason for me marking it down. This was the only thing that was off for me. I needed more edge of your seat material with a bit more something to keep me guessing. With this, the
queen_of_the_books_18
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now this book wasn’t what I was expecting at all!

I was expecting a dark romance and I have no idea what the hell I just read! Like seriously!

Saint was... well there just isn’t any words to describe him. I think this is definitely her most F@*ked up character ever.

The twists... I couldn’t get my head around... the whole book I was just like WTF! I’m not quite sure what to think to be honest.

Don’t let’s Saint’s name fool you because he most definitely doesn’t live up to his name.

A dark and tw
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
I can’t even process what I just read. I was so not expecting how this story went.
My mind is so blown.

Would I read more from this author? Yes
Would I recommend this book? Yes
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I really didn't expect THAT! This story sucked me in right from the beginning and had me intrigued until the end. And I still have so many questions and I want more. Oh so much more! I think Eden and Saint were perfect for each other in that oh so wrong kinda way. LOL
Lindap
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This one was a little tough for me. I have read dark stories before but Saint's callousness and lack of moral compass was stark. Saint is a psychopath who has this warped sense of his Catholicism. He thinks he can tell his bothers to kill someone and the stain isn't on his hands because he didn't do the physical killing. What he psychologically does to Eden is unnerving. Take heed from the author's warning, this is not a romantic story....its a dark obsession. (view spoiler)
Katie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I’m not sure how I feel right now.... I had such high hopes for The Saint after reading The Pope but I’m just disappointed that this book didn’t have a better ending. I completely understand the hows and whys and the writing was excellent but come on! In the way Saint thinks and lives his life it was a very happy ending for him but I needed more. To me he needed more of an awaken and less selfishness. Or to put it simply... He needed love.

I preordered The Saint shortly after reading The Pope so
Diane plourde
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

oh my god! What a mind f^%$k this was. An amazing chilling 5 star for The Saint.

I had read The Pope and loved it so much so when I heard The Saint was coming I jumped right on it. This is not a romance story if this is what your looking for. Although he is obsessed with her but it’s a psychological thriller of some sort. I basically read it in one sitting. It’s so captivating and intriguing that I couldn’t put it down for very long.

The characters are spot on well executed. You can feel the des
Renee
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the pulbisher/author to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

My life was simple: God, business and myself in that order. Then I met an Angel , and everything changed. Only an angel can save him.

I am not even what to say right now. I just finished this book. If you have read The Pope then you have heart the name Saint as he is Judas brother. However he runs a totally different business from Judas but he is the head of the family and I think really tey all fear e
Klaire Stafford
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to rate this book higher but I just felt like there was something missing from it. And I am not talking about sex or steamy scenes or anything like that, of which there are none in this book. Yeah they would have been nice, but the story itself was not lacking by their absence so that has nothing to do with why I rated this only 3 stars. I just feel like there were a few too many unanswered questions at the end. Are they still just friends? While his obsession is evident, he neve ...more
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m having a hard time deciding how I feel about The Saint. It was an intense and bizarre story. For the most part, I was completely intrigued with every turn of events, but I felt unsettled, unsatisfied with the ending and that left me frustrated. Honestly, if the current blurb had been the one I had read when I decided to read The Saint, I might have passed this one over.

The Saint is billed as a suspense, but I didn’t feel like it really lived up to that genre. I never had the feeling that so
Brittany Alexander
I am really unsure about how I feel about this book. I know that the ending absolutely sucked. It was unhappy, at least in my eyes, and I feel that what happened right before it ended was too much for the character to bear and that Saint really couldn't be good for her and I wish so much that Eden would realize that.

I don't like these two together. Not at all. Saint is a fucking psychopath. He's clinically insane. For real. I mean, literally in the book he's not diagnosed as clinically insane.
Andrea
Mar 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
E
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You shouldn’t have survived someone like me, and yet here you are, angel.” I absolutely adored this dark tale... Eden Harris is searching for her missing brother Otto. She’s been bringing up her younger brother since the death of their mother years earlier and there is no length she wouldn’t go to for him. In search of him she is pulled into a dark and criminal world she’s too good for. Once Saint Kingsley see her, he thinks she’s pure and an angel. Saint is god fearing and completely unhinged ...more
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
~Only an angel can save the damned.~

Holy Mother of all things religious…..I am undeniably gobsmacked!! Wow!! Just let me say if you’re looking for romance you won’t find it. It is ominous and harrowing and will shock you to your very core.

Saint Kingsley is anything but saintly. He seeks salvation for his tainted soul. His family calls him the devil. He is evil, cruel and insanely demented. No amount of confessions, hail mary’s, or penance will bring him absolution. Until Eden.

Eden Harris is an
Konny
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
" Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happpened."
The Saint by LP Lovell is a emotional read, deals with sensitive subjects and is not for the faint of heart. The Saint is a dark read, a novel with thriller elements and tells Eden and Saint's heart wrenching story. To call Saint OCD is a bit understating. He lives by strict rules and nobody has to change anything. He's the perfect anti-hero. Cold, calculated and set in his ways.
And Eden needs his help. He's the only one who can help her
Katieboo12
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Disappointing

I’ve been looking forward to this since I read the pope and was eager to read it. I to say it felt very short lived. The pope was great and gripping and I didn’t want to put it down, The saint however was lacking in all that angst and grit and lust!

I found it very repetitive, with no real point to it. Then at about 90% it got more intense and I thought ‘Great now we’re talking’ but then BOOM it ended with no mention of another book to follow.

Judas was a man who tainted the cloth and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lauren Lovell is an indie author from England. She suffers from a total lack of brain to mouth filter and is the friend you have to explain before you introduce her to anyone, and apologise for afterwards.
She's a self confessed shameless pervert, who may be suffering from slight peen envy.

Lauren loves to hear from readers so please add her on Goodreads, Facebook and Twitter. Visit her website www