Start by marking “Renaissance Man” as Want to Read:
Renaissance Man

Renaissance Man

THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE IN AUDIOBOOK ON THE READ ME ROMANCE PODCAST DURING THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 12.

The last place ex-Special forces soldier, Kyle Musgrave, expected to find himself was in a joust at a renaissance fair. There’s a prize for winning, however—her name is Cameron and she’s just as horrified by her medieval circumstances as Kyle. She needs his help badly to
Audiobook
Published November 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Renaissance Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renaissance Man

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Sexy and fun. Makes me want to go to the Renaissance Faire REAL BAD
Aisling Zena
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

Just a quick note letting you know that Kyle is Jackson's friend from Runaway Girl. You don't need to read it to enjoy this one but if you read Runaway Girl and wondered about Kyle this lovely short story is his HEA.

P.S. Supernatural reall
Carvanz
This book came highly recommended to me by a trusted book friend so I didn’t hesitate to jump in as soon as I could. And I’m so glad I did.

This had so many things about it that I loved. First, there was the fact that this hero is chasing the heroine by entering a jousting contest in order to win a date with the heroine. There is also the scenes between events when it is evident that he is irresistibly drawn to her on every level. But the one thing that rang my heart’s bell was his “mine” attitu
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Loved this! It was funny and the hero was swoon worthy! I listened to this on the Read Me Romance podcast but then borrowed the ebook to get the epilogue. Trust me, you gotta read the epilogue. It took the story up a notch.

Hero is instantly enthralled with heroine. He has to enter a Renaissance contest to get a date with her, which is hilarious. The more time he spends with her the more he falls hard. He’s protective and very possessive.

Heroine is very sweet. She seemed a bit nerdy
Gi's Spot Reviews
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KYLEEEEE... OMFG... Mega swoon fest!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!
Vanessa
4 Saucy and Freaking Delicious Stars!

Omigod!!! God BLESS Tessa Bailey! I am on a mission to read this author's entire back list ASAP. This sexy little treat was the last story that takes place in the Runaway Girl world...excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out about that sad reality!!! It was Kyle's story, Jason's friend and fellow ex soldier.

It was short but I really don't care because it was still hot as all fuck! ;)

This author can do no wrong in my book. Looking forward to reading more of her steamy wond/>
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Big, sexy fairy tale' Stars!

Gaaaaaaaah, I want more!! I adored to read how finally Kyle Musgrave (Jason's best friend, who we met in Runaway Girl) finds his soulmate. Yes, I waited for the eBook to release since I am not a massive fan of audiobooks but the waiting was OH SO WORTH IT! Yes, this is a short story, everything happens quick but it was so well written and developed. When it comes to writing a novella that has a little bit of everything, I just knew Tessa would not fail.

Tracy  C
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reread - The added epilogue made it even better!!
HOT HOT HOT!! Tessa Bailey is one of the best. Seriously. Get the Read Me Romance Podcast. It's awesome!!
Melanie (mells_view)
Funny. Sweet. Steamy. Alpha male hotness.

Funny. Sweet. Steamy. Alpha male hotness. A quick novella spin-off from Bailey’s Girl series. We met Kyle in Runaway Girl, and got to fall for him jousting for Cameron in this quick story. If you’re looking for hot, quick, and fun you’ve found it!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SOOOOO SHORT!!! I wanted more and more of Kyle and Cameron! Hot, sexy, and fun!! Another hit for the podcast of Read Me Romance!!

This specific video review will be included in the November 2018 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
2.5 stars (rounded up)

You can listen to this audiobook for free via the Read Me Romance Podcast or purchase the ebook from Amazon which I believe comes with an extended epilogue not available via the podcast.

When Cameron agreed to spend time at the renaissance fair to get to know her stepfather she didn't realise she was agreeing to be the prize offered up for the winner of the jousting contest. That wasn't what she had in mind at all but she can't figure out a way to back out w
Chitra *CJ*
"Renaissance Man" is the story of Cameron and Kyle.

A chance meeting at a Renaissance fair..
A buttock spotting..
A joust for the milady's hand..
A prize to be win..
A quickie which turns into so much more..
Some smokin' hot lovemaking..
A sweet courtship..

Safe
3.5/5
Jessica Frances
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I listened to the on the Read Me Romance podcast. This was cute, fun, and sexy. I really love Tessa Bailey's books and need to bump her up my TBR list! This is free so definitely recommend you subscribing to their podcast and giving this one a listen!
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Love love love it, never can get enough of Tessa Bailey!
Dreamer
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
FREE at Read Me Romance podcast.
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
This was a very quick renaissance fair novella, and I enjoyed it! Not much time for any sort of development, but it’s a cute premise and quite steamy, and sometimes short and sweet is what you want.

Also, the couple from Runaway Girl makes a cameo in this!
L. McCoy
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance fans and ren fair people.
Shelves: comedy, reviewed, audio
Who would have thought I would end up liking the romance genre so fucking much?
Also: listened to for free thanks to the Read Me Romance podcast so didn’t get the epilogue stuff.

What’s it about?
Kyle is not much of a renaissance fair guy yet he ends up at one anyway. However a joust gets his attention because the prize is a date with an adorable woman named Cameron. Now he’s determined to win that prize.

Pros:
The story is fun. Like I said about the previous romance audiobook I listened to (Who would have thought I would end up liking the romance genre so fucking much?

What’s it about?

Pros:
Closer) it’s fun but not anything particularly life changing or something that left me all “holy shit what an insane tale” but I’m pretty sure it’s just meant to be a cute, fun story which this is so good job.
The characters are fairly interesting. I cared for these characters more than a lot of typical romance story characters.
This book is sometimes kinda funny.
This book is pretty unpredictable. By this I mean at first I was thinking “oh fuck, this is so predictable” and some bits are but as it goes on it’s not predictable anymore. I love when books do that!
The romance is adorable, touching and I cared about the relationship throughout. Also, the sex is super hot and (while maybe a bit gratuitous) it didn’t feel OVERLY gratuitous.
The narrators do an excellent job.
The nerdy stuff! Okay so I will confess I am not a ren fair person. I know that’s kinda weird since I’m so into fantasy shit, I even write some and I have been to a ren fair a few times, they’re fun but nothing amazing IMO... that being said I still appreciate how they celebrate that part of nerd culture as well as some references to other nerdy things. It’s fun!
The ending is sweet and wraps the story up nicely.

Cons:
So except for the sex which is one kind of action, there’s not really much of the other kind of action. In all fairness it is probably slightly my fault because I didn’t even look at the plot before reading, I just saw it’s the next Read Me Romance book and saw a guy with a sword so I was hoping for some of the ol’ Choppy McStabby... so yeah it wasn’t kinda book BUT there was a joust so there could maybe be some action and even Choppy McStabby... but the blades were dull and the scenes involving any of that are super quick so yeah.
The dialogue is kinda iffy.

Overall:
Ya know a lot of people may say “L., don’t go reading this shit. This is intended for 30-65 year old women, you’re an 18 year old male” but honestly it’s good so the stereotypes can go fuck themselves.
description
This is a cute story with interesting characters, humor, suspense, well written romance, hot but not too gratuitous sex and a sweet ending. Those are the main things I look for in a romance story (which admittedly this is a genre I am JUST getting into) so yeah, I really liked it. A fun read for sure.
Recommended.

4/5
Leila
4 jousting stars!

Another quick, fast paced installment for the Read Me Romance Podcast.These are such fun if you need something short and sweet.

(view spoiler) ...more
Kim
Gahhhhhhhhh I loved it. The last line brought ALL THE SWOONS. Perfection.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Have you subscribed to Read Me Romance yet? FREE audiobooks weekly! Plus, fun book chat with the creators!

iTunes: https://apple.co/2DCbYMz
Google Play: geni.us/7lB4UBK
Amara
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Way better than I expected, especially considering that it takes place at a Renaissance Festival. Which I HATE. I live right near one, and it's HELL.

But this was so cute, and that male narrator is a STUD. Well, he sounds like one anyway.
Susan (susayq ~)
I listened to this on the Read Me Romance podcast and LOVED it! Kyle and Cameron made me smile and it was just perfect. And getting a glimpse of Naomi and Jason me giddy :)

♥ ♥ ♥

Stitcher ➝ https://bit.ly/2yX2zeH
Website ➝ www.readmeromance.com
Mandy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get Kyle’s story! I loved meeting him in Runaway Girl, and he deserved to find his one and only. The way Kyle and Cameron meet at the Renaissance fair is so cute and funny. Their instant connection had all the hotness we love and expect from Tessa Bailey. Kyle doesn’t like staying in one place for too long. He gets itchy feet and his job allows him to move all around. When he’s getting ready to leave town again, he meets a girl who might just throw a wrench in his plans to ge ...more
Andi Isack
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
SO ROMANTIC! A love story from the " 17' centery" coated with a hottie modern frame.
He's SO HOT! Lol. He has been through hell and back, he's made by steel, but a certain lady needs to be rescued. And she's going to turn his world upside down. being his vulnerability, but also everything he needs to feel alive again. They clicked from the very first moment they meet. And he will instantly be affected by her and be ready to do everything to make her his. Even if that means turning into a real me
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
This was the second book in the Read Me Romance and it was far better than the first. The writing is superb, the character development, plot pacing, just everything. There was insta connection and not insta love. A happy for now which makes total sense for a short read. I just really liked it a lot. What’s missing??? I need more, lol.
Alexa Riley
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-me-romance
I listened to the complete audiobook book for FREE on the Read Me Romance Podcast

Read Me Romance FREE Audiobooks ➝ https://bit.ly/2PzD65g

Listen for FREE here:

iTunes ➝ http://geni.us/A888vRA
Google Play ➝ http://geni.us/7lB4UBK
Stitcher ➝ https://bit.ly/2yX2zeH
Website ➝ www.readmeromance.com
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Swoony and sexy!
Thenia
The second audiobook provided by the "Read Me Romance" podcast for free, without the extended epilogue.

It's the story of a couple that meet at a Renaissance fair where neither of them really wanted to go. Cameron is there in an effort to bond with her mother's new husband, who is the king of the fair and has put her up as a prize for the jousting tournament. Kyle is there with one of his friends and his new wife, and he is spending some time alone, thinking about his future, when he
Lisa
Short and fun and kinda remind me of A Knight's Tale with all the jousting.
RentasticReads
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yaaaaasss! Renaissance Man was utterly sexy, funny and oh so satisfying! This is the kind of a fast-paced novella you won’t ever want to end. Kyle and Cameron were just too hot and adorable for words!

“Special is an understatement, sweetheart. I don’t think my life is going to be complete until my day begins with waking up beside you.”

Plus, the narrators for this audiobook were pure perfection! Teddy Hamilton has always been a top favorite of mine, and Emma Wilder was quickly added on to th/>
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
Update Jan 2019: Thank you Tessa!!! Even better with the new epilogues❤❤❤

Sweet mother of all that is HOT and STEAMY! I listened to this on my way home from work and it made all the tension and stress melt away! That was fantastic! Tessa Bailey is one of the best contemporary romance writers out there. I love the Read Me Romance Podcast! They are hilarious:)

Kyle is so swoon worthy, and Cameron's awkwardness is sweet and endearing. Thank you for this HEA and I cannot wait to read more of their st

• Fake Love
  • Their Second Chance (The Thalanian Dynasty, #3.5)
  • Swipe
  • Breath of Fire
  • Heavy Equipment
  • Closer
  • Bullet Proof (B-Squad, #0.5; The MacKenzie Family, #10.3)
  • Bombshell
  • Red Hot Winter
  • Running Wild (Second Shot, #0.5)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Accidentally Hooked (The Naked Truth, #1)
  • Fanning the Flames (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #0.5)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Burned (Miller Sisters, #2)
  • The Kiss Before Midnight
  • The Cabin (Books One, Two, Three & Four)
  • Ignited (Roman Holiday #5)