Start by marking “Closer” as Want to Read:
Closer

Closer

Ava fudged a little on her résumé to land her dream job. She’s been working her curvy booty overtime to get her boss’s new lingerie line off the ground. But when her boss’s brother comes in and says Ava should be the face—and body—of the campaign, she’s having second thoughts.

Lucas knows what he wants, and the second he sees every lush inch of Ava all bets are off. She’s n
Audiobook
Published November 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Closer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer

♡Tonya♡
I listened to this through the Read Me Romance podcast. Classic AR which made me happy but no epilogue ( epilogue will be included when the book is released). Great male narrator!

-no cheating
-instalove
-no violence of a sexual nature
-no epilogue
Gi's Spot Reviews
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of course it had to be Alexa Riley - thanks hers and Tessa Bailey’s mind blowing project, the podcast Read Me a Romance! - to pop my Audiobook cherry! Pure sweet and smutty AR perfection in our ears!

Chitra *CJ*
Oct 25, 2018 marked it as dying-to-read-thud
I need this! Saw this on their podcast (which is unavailable in my country), so hoping that it would be released in ebook format so I can read it! So excited!
Radd Reader
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, novella
I just listened to this as part of the Read Me Romance podcast. I must say that I'm not a big fan of the audio books as I don't like how the female voice tries to sound like a man. This audio was no different and the female voice trying to be a man irritated me. However, regardless of how I feel about the audio, the rating is based on the story.

This is a short story. Ava and Lucas meet and insta love is on warp speed. One day after he meets her, he knows he loves her and gives her a huge ring.
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
Sexy instalove - billionaire and curvy girl. I listened to this on the Read me Romance podcast and it was great. Hot story - not too much depth/character development due to the length of the audiobook for the podcast. I look forward to checking out the ebook early next year, which is supposed to have some additional material. :)
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
One of my favorite Alexa Riley books. Can’t wait for the book to be released. I need my Epilogues!!
☽ TheBibliotheque
*I listened to this audiobook (that will soon be released as an ebook) via the Read Me Romance podcast that both the authors behind Alexa Riley as well as Tessa Bailey recently launched.

While I love the idea behind Read Me Romance, this first audiobook was not for me. And therefore, I will review both experiences separately and I will not rate this book. Given that my ratings are so far apart between them, it wouldn't be fair.

Read Me Romance podcast
Rating: 5 stars
For those of you who are lover
Amara
PROVISIONAL RATING: This is tough to rate, because I think I loved the story, but I'm confused because multi-day listening format doesn't work for me, especially in a fast moving novella. It loses momentum waiting day to day. So, idk. However.......the ending SUCKED. Because they want you to get the ebook that comes out in FUCKING FEBRUARY that has the extended epilogue. So, I think I'll just re-read it then, and then not bother with future podcasts since their all gonna be novellas (I think.)

Th
Stefanie
Not one of my favorite Alexa Riley books, but seeing that it had to be super short for the podcast I expected it to be super short and over the top insta-love.
Andra
Nov 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I've just listened to the first episode of the podcast and I loved the first two chapters. Can't wait for the next episode!
Kayla Brunson
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this was the first audiobook in the Read Me Romance Podcast. So you can listen to this book there (free) before the book comes out later in the year.

Ya’ll, I really enjoyed this book so much. This was the Alexa Riley that I know and love! This was steamy and just a great story. This a bit different than what they put out, however. Yes, there was instalove, but the way it was done was different.

Ava gave Lucas a hard time in the beginning. She was skeptical about his interest in her. She was s
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Super fun and sexy!!

This specific video review will be included in the November 2018 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
RentasticReads
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A super quick, sweet and steamy insta-love romance that only Alexa Riley can deliver!

I (binge) listened to this audiobook via the Read Me Romance podcast—which is super amazeballs, by the way!—and the narration was completely on point. I love that even though we’re getting quickies here, the narrators are still the ones we crave to give us endless eargasms! Case in point: Joe Arden absolutely nailed Lucas Caldwell’s character for me. His voice was just dripping lust and sex.

Neringa Neringiukas
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was an experience. And in more ways then one. I tried audio books before but it never worked for me. So, hearing Closer will be audio... Yeah, I was worried, that if this story never ends up in ebook, I wouldn't be able to have a taste of it. But I desided to give this audio book a chance. And I'm not sure if this was because I listened it at home with no distractions or it was Alexa Riley magic, or what, but I really enjoyed. I really got into Ava and Lucas story. The time just flew with t ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
I listened to this one on the Read Me Romance podcast, which that is my newest favorite thing to listen to. Alexa Riley and Tessa Bailey host it and are fantastic!

Anyhow, this was great. If you're a fan of Alexa Riley, then you know you're getting some hot love and an alpha hero who goes after what he wants.
Lindsay
Nov 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobooks
Jessica Frances
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I listened to Closer by Alexa Riley on the Read Me Romance Podcast. I love this idea and I really enjoyed listening to Lucas and Ava’s story. This was fast and very insta, but I loved the narrators they got in to do this, and I felt lost in this story immediately. The ebook will release next year, which will include bonus content, but this left off in a great place (just without an epilogue). Definitely recommend to fans of this author, as well as the podcast which I am really enjoying listening ...more
Keianna (Readerkayy)
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Very hot, very steamy 4 stars read!
Jessica
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
From the Read Me Romance podcast. This story moved a little too fast for me. Maybe there'll be more to the story and characters when the epilogues are published with the ebook version.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
3★ for Closer
4★ for the podcast
*~* Susie
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
My first (and the first) from Read me romance. Short and dirty! I loved it!
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I freaking love this idea of audiobooks in podcast form.
And beginning with Alexa Riley?
You just know it is going to be awesome.
Will definitely be coming back for more.
Already pre-ordered the ebook, that will contain the epilogue.
Ginny Rose
This was my first, audio podcast book and I have to say, I liked it.

Do I love it? Not entirely, because I'm still a fan of having the words in front of me and getting caught up in the words. However, this was a sweet, easy listen read by Alexa Riley. I love their "get down to business" books.

Also, for being my first audio book, I did enjoy it, and recommend it.
Nerd4life_94
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this! I never use audiobooks, but decided to give this a try & the experience was very enjoyable.
☆Jamie☆
Closer is an audiobook offered for free with subscription to the ReadMeRomance Podcast. It's also only my second book by Alexa Riley (AR).

Summary:
What happens when the curvy girl gets the guy? Ava’s about to find out. Ava works hard and keeps her head down. She’s determined to help get her boss’s lingerie line off the ground, and not only because she truly believes in the brand. Ava may have fudged a teensy, tiny bit on her resume in order to land the job, and the guilt of that also keeps her go
Kate Hastings
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
🎧 Read Me Romance Podcast 🎧

Closer is short, sweet & sexy AR goodness, with the prefect dash of dirty possessiveness from the hero and the perfect dab of sass balanced with nubile innocence from the heroine. I enjoyed the narration of both characters...but I have to confess my ears weren’t my only body parts to stand up and listen anytime “Lucas” growled his F-bombs.
Lawwwwd! 🔥🔥🐱☠
Like most AR fans, I love me an epilogue or 8, so I’m looking forward to the ebook release of Closer to finish me
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Well, this is my first AR book from start to finish thanks to Read Me Romance.

The book started off super cute. The premise great. It fell apart for me at their first sexual encounter at the restaurant. I get this is a short book and I have to accept insta love, something I’m not fond of. But that isn’t my complaint.

The words chosen during the sexual encounters like sticky (repeatedly used), shinny, puffy, etc., weren’t sexy to me and took me out of the story. I get this is over the top, so I ign
Riki
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Typical to Alexa Riley there’s a good dose of instalove and plenty of super sexy times. That car ride?! Holy heck- sooo hot! I listened to this on audio from the Read Me Romance podcast and thought the narration was spot on. I miss the ubiquitous Alexa Riley epilogue, but I hear there will be one with the release of the eBook later. If you’re looking for sexy, fun, and lighthearted- you’ll love this one!
Claudia Pinillos
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Closer is available on the Read Me Romance podcast***

So, the second the book ended I had an automatic feeling of, “wait, it’s over?” And as soon as Tessa and Alexa Riley start talking about epilogues I realized that’s what I was missing. I wanted the epilogue, I wanted to see their HEA and beyond.

The ending seems a bit abrupt but overall it’s everything you love in an Alexa Riley book- quick and steamy. I am super pumped for the epilogue once the ebook comes out!
Joyce Mercês
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
description

Quick Review: Oh my, oh my! This is not a book to be read in public! You will blush, you will giggle, you will feel hot and bothered! I absolutely loved it! Every little thing about it!

description
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea