Start by marking “Closer” as Want to Read:
Closer

Closer

Ava fudged a little on her résumé to land her dream job. She’s been working her curvy booty overtime to get her boss’s new lingerie line off the ground. But when her boss’s brother comes in and says Ava should be the face—and body—of the campaign, she’s having second thoughts.

Lucas knows what he wants, and the second he sees every lush inch of Ava all bets are off. She’s n
Audiobook
Published November 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Closer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer

Start your review of Closer
♡Tonya♡
Loved the addition of the epilogues

I listened to this through the Read Me Romance podcast. Classic AR which made me happy but no epilogue ( epilogue will be included when the book is released). Great male narrator!

UPDATE** Multiple epilogues in the ebook release which hit the spot. Great look into the future and a perfect wrap up to a great story!

-no cheating
-instalove
-no violence of a sexual nature
-no epilogue - epilogues added in the released version
Gi's Spot Reviews
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of course it had to be Alexa Riley - thanks hers and Tessa Bailey’s mind blowing project, the podcast Read Me a Romance! - to pop my Audiobook cherry! Pure sweet and smutty AR perfection in our ears!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!
Deborah
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it

Cute super sweet little read.

It’s Alexa Riley so you know how this goes. Rich experienced man (Lucas) curvy virginal female (Ava) and insta-love.

This a nice cute read as Lucas falls hopelessly in love with Ava his sisters assistant. Ava is everything he’s been looking for without him realising it.
It’s a quick but nice read. I tend to use Alexa’s book as a break after a long series or a heavier book.
Chitra *CJ*
"Closer" is the story of Ava and Lucas.

Saccharine, diabetes inducing romance with what we have come to expect from AR
-Virgin h
-Alpha H
-Insta love
-Sweet, sticky lovemaking
-Mild drama
-Detailed epilogues

I liked the cover for this one, and that they finally released the book. Also the detailed epilogues were pretty darn adorable.
That being said, I miss the TPV days..

Safe
2.5/5
Bookloverme
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5++ Stars

A very enjoyable story. I loved it! I couldn't put the book down.

It's about Lucas and Ava.

She the right-hand woman of Rebecca, owner of a lingerie company. He's Rebecca's brother and silent partner. He's one of the most powerful and richest men in the city and he works hard to make sure his sister and his mom are taken care of no matter what.

She has a big crush on him since she saw his picture online a year ago and now he's coming over to the office to look over the models for the next
Whitney
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
I'm really sad that I didn't jump on Alexa Riley's work before they left KindleUnlimited because this was --

I was always nervous about picking up a book by them as they were always so insta-everything. Insta-jealousy. Insta-lust. Insta-love. And they are always about the alpha men that sometimes, for me, doesn't always translate really well to short stories.

Due to Ava, our curvy heroine, having a crush on Lucas for quite some time, it really made this novella work. I was so happy that she lande
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I enjoyed listening to this on the Read Me Romance podcast. It’s super sweet with the OTT hero we love from this duo. I think I would have liked a more confident Lucas though. Ava seemed to leave him out of sorts so his pursuit of her was a bit fumbly. I ended up borrowing the ebook on Kindle Unlimited to get the epilogues.
Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
For a super short book I really loved it! Super sexy and Ava was totally relatable!
Jenny
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy
This read is short, sweet and hot. Epilogues were not the usual AR baby filled epilogues. They only have two kids and heroine can't get pregnant easily so not your usual Alexa Riley epilogues. I loved the jealous and possessive hero.
Radd Reader
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, novella
I just listened to this as part of the Read Me Romance podcast. I must say that I'm not a big fan of the audio books as I don't like how the female voice tries to sound like a man. This audio was no different and the female voice trying to be a man irritated me. However, regardless of how I feel about the audio, the rating is based on the story.

This is a short story. Ava and Lucas meet and insta love is on warp speed. One day after he meets her, he knows he loves her and gives her a huge ring.
Carmen Rae
Fucking Loved it ladies. Took me long enough to listen to it but listening to the podcast added a lot of laughs to the "read" And now I am hooked :)
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
100% what I expected and that isn't a bad thing. This is pure fantasy in erotica form. We all want someone to come treasure and love us for who we are.
Carvanz
Audio: Narrators – Joe Arden & Maxine Mitchell

Absolutely loved this performance! Nothing to even make me cringe, adjust my settings, or wish it had been done differently. We each have our own likes/dislikes but this one was exactly perfect for me.

This is your typical Alexa Riley with an over the top hero and a sweet virginal heroine. As always they are perfect for a bit of a reprieve between heavier, darker reads. I make sure to dish these out to myself in small quantities so that I can truly en
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
3.5 STARS!

I first listened to Closer via the Read Me Romance Podcast hosted by Alexa Riley and Tessa Bailey. This podcast is so much fun. It provides readers with free and short audiobooks written by our favorite authors.

I'm a huge fan of Alexa Riley's insta love and sexy Alphas. With Closer, it was hard for me to get through the narration when I first listened, so I decided to wait for the ebook version instead. I found that this e-book just didn't do it for me. Lucas was too over the top for m
Dreamer
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Closer is available FOR FREE on the podcast Read Me Romance.
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
I listened to Closer via the Read Me Romance podcast, hosted by Alexa Riley and Tessa Bailey. Before going into my review, I just want to appreciate this podcast for one moment—I love it! It is such a good idea, as it allows me to have my literature fill while doing mundane, everyday things such as chores and commuting to work.

Knowing these novella audiobooks are delivered across five days, I realise that they will be quick and potentially bordering instant love. AR isn't my cup of tea. Neither
L. McCoy
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Shelves: reviewed, audio
WARNING: DUE TO THE EXPLICIT NATURE OF THIS BOOK SEXUAL CONTENT AND NSFW HUMOR IS AHEAD. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Also I listened to this via the Read Me Romance podcast so didn’t get a bunch of epilogues (and will admit I skipped most of the podcast stuff, it’s fairly easy to fast forward though and just get to the audiobook).

What’s it about?
Ava is a curvy employee at a lingerie company with low self esteem and she’s nervous as fuck when Lucas, a well known businessman is coming... because
Dec 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
You can listen to this audiobook for free via the Read Me Romance Podcast

I made it through the first 4 chapters (I believe it's only 10 chapters long in total and, although I could be wrong about that, I did listen to 2 out of 5 instalments of the Podcast so approx 40% of the story) but the constant eye rolling was giving me a headache so I had to quit.

One of the first things we find out about the heroine is that she had never even fancied a guy before she saw a picture of the hero online. Um w
Alexa Riley
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-me-romance
I listened to the complete audiobook book for FREE on the Read Me Romance Podcast

Read Me Romance FREE Audiobooks ➝ https://bit.ly/2PzD65g

Listen for FREE here:

iTunes ➝ http://geni.us/A888vRA
Google Play ➝ http://geni.us/7lB4UBK
Stitcher ➝ https://bit.ly/2yX2zeH
Website ➝ www.readmeromance.com
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
One of my favorite Alexa Riley books. Can’t wait for the book to be released. I need my Epilogues!!
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
Sexy instalove - billionaire and curvy girl. I listened to this on the Read me Romance podcast and it was great. Hot story - not too much depth/character development due to the length of the audiobook for the podcast. I look forward to checking out the ebook early next year, which is supposed to have some additional material. :)
Bookishrealm
Update! Here's my full review: https://bookishrealmreviews.blogspot....

I listened to this on the Read Me Romance Podcast which is currently helping out as I take care of my newborn. It keeps me occupied and sane as I have to get up and nurse throughout the night. This one was cute! I loved that it featured a curvy main character which is not something that we see often (although I’m just getting into romance). I think that I had a few issues with her self-doubt not being delved into and explaine
Leila
4 smutty insta-stars!

I was looking for something quick to listen to while I was getting some errands done around the house and came across the Read Me Romance Podcast. This was the first book in that podcast and it totally fit the bill. Tessa Bailey and Alexa Riley are fun hosts of the show and entertaining to listen to. I enjoyed both the narrators for this particular story.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to rate this book. For entertainment purposes I'm giving it 4 stars. It was quick, it
Thenia

This is the second book I've read by the author and it's a second miss, so I don't think I'll read any more of her (their really, since I think they're a writing duo) work. The audiobook was free through the "Read Me Romance" podcast and since I just finished my latest book and didn't know what else to read, I just started this one.

(view spoiler)
Dee's Reading Zone
Wasn't Lucas and Ava's instalove relationship something special! Another memorable quick read by the duo team, Alexa Riley! Keep them coming!

“Because you’ve been my big strong protector this whole time but secretly you’re terrified of heights. And I wanted to do something big and romantic and I go and rent a hot-air balloon. The one thing you would absolutely hate. I mean, come on, Lucas. That’s pretty damn funny.”
3.5-4 stars!

I listened to it for free (!!!!) on the Read Me Romance Podcast. Loving this podcast!!
TheBibliotheque ♡
*I listened to this audiobook (that will soon be released as an ebook) via the Read Me Romance podcast that both the authors behind Alexa Riley as well as Tessa Bailey recently launched.

While I love the idea behind Read Me Romance, this first audiobook was not for me. And therefore, I will review both experiences separately and I will not rate this book. Given that my ratings are so far apart between them, it wouldn't be fair.

Read Me Romance podcast
Rating: 5 stars
For those of you who are lover
phoebess
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews
Closer was an okay book for me. I guess the waiting until it got released in ebook version got my hopes up so high, the reality couldn't reach it.
It wasn't bad, not at all. It was sweet, smutty toward the end. And epilogues were cute and very fun to read. I just wasn't blown away by it.
Stefanie
Not one of my favorite Alexa Riley books, but seeing that it had to be super short for the podcast I expected it to be super short and over the top insta-love.

• Renaissance Man
  • Swipe
  • Fake Love
  • Red Hot Winter
  • Their Second Chance (The Thalanian Dynasty, #3.5)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Heavy Equipment
  • Bounced into Love (Bachelorette Party, #4.5)
  • Bombshell
  • Starlet
  • An Innocent Obsession
  • Because of You
  • Rolling the Dice (All In Duet, #0.5)
  • Saved For Me
  • Heiress
  • Make Me Yours
  • Three of Us (Three of Us, #1)
  • Rated Ex
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea