Start by marking “Bombshell” as Want to Read:
Bombshell

Bombshell

My brain exploded at the supermarket. One minute I was arguing with my three-month-old about how many grapes she could stick in her tiny mouth and the next minute I was staring at the face of the father of my child.

The guy ghosted me after I told him I was pregnant. I sent him texts, called him and even posted a certified letter but received zero response. While he was do
Audiobook
Expected publication: December 31st 2019 (first published December 31st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Bombshell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bombshell

Carvanz
Oh my! This was soo good! Novellas have to work really hard to get my attention and that’s exactly what this one did. There was a little bit of suspended belief but I didn’t care one tiny speck. When the hero’s heart got involved, I absolutely swooned! Okay, not really, but I totally fell into love with him. This was so different than your usual novellas and yet it felt completely developed and oh so sweet. And did I mention that it starts off in the most hilarious of ways? It does. And that jus ...more
Jen Frederick
Dec 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Just me, marking my own book. Hope you love it!
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
So far, my favorite from the Read Me Romance podcast. I loved how the Hero handled seeing the heroine again with the baby. The reason he ghosted her is not what you think. Definitely worth the read!
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: just-ok, safe
Audio read via Read Me Romance

Not bad but not great. A lot of people will love it as it’s a quick, safe, second chance (kinda) romance with a strong heroine. However....I just can’t get past the lack of basic medical or baby knowledge. At 3 months PP the heroine would no longer have stitches or be worried about tearing them after a c-section. I’ve had two c sections and the staples last no longer than 7-10 days. On my second c section after the staples were removed the incision opens back up whi
Alexa Riley
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-me-romance
I listened to the complete audiobook book for FREE on the Read Me Romance Podcast

Jessen Elizabeth
I really love the secret baby trope and was excited to see Jen Fredrick being featured on the Read Me Romance podcast, but I was floored by the writing in this book. And not in a good way.

The first thing that bothered me was the age of the baby (3 months) and it’s cognitive and motor skills did not match at all! Who has heard of a 3 month old eating fruits, recognizing words, or showing signs of “concern” for the mother when she’s upset? It’s like the baby was being written as a 9 month old. I
Tracy  ♥️♥️ Book Cravers Blog ♥️♥️
GAHHHH My heart just exploded with feelings!!! Funny, heartwarming and delicious.
CC
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I listed to this on the Read Me Romance podcast. Which I love! Great concept. Thanks Tessa Bailey and Alexa Riley for doing it!!!

Anyway, this was funny. So short. Pretty cute. Not much substance. The baby must be a super baby as she can do things no 3 month old can do. For a novella it still lacked a bit more substance. But I enjoyed listening.
4 stars!

I listened to it for free (!!!!) on the Read Me Romance Podcast. I love this podcast!
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to this for free via Read Me Romance *

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
♥ ♥ ♥

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!

❤Love&Books❤
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to the adiobook available on the READ ME ROMANCE podcast, and i really enjoyed it.
I always prefer reading on my kindle or if it's possible on the physical book because i'm more focused and I can understand the story better.
i went with this without knowing how was going to be and Alexa Ryley and Tessa Bailey were hilarious on the podcast.
Back to the story, it's the first time reading this author and with this I will definitely check her out.
Rochelle
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bombshell is another Read Me Romance podcast audiobook. This was a combination of a second chance romance and a secret baby plot. I enjoyed the story even though there were some unbelievable aspects as to how Jack disappeared from Kate and baby Anna's life for 10 months. I still have questions about that. Also, there was an error at the beginning with 3 month old Anna stealing and eating grapes at the grocery store. Hopefully, that'll be cleared up in the ebook release. I really liked how when J ...more
Berls
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
My top thoughts:
I had a lot of fun with Bombshell. I understood immediately why they all raved about Jen Frederick. The opening scene was so funny, with a food fight in a grocery store. I love the relationship between the heroine and her best friend as well. Even in such a short book, you pick up that they have that kind of friendship where they would do anything for each other. And OMG I love all the Harry Potter references in the book!

My one complaint... this book is unrealistic as hell. An
Steph's Romance Book Talk
I initially didn't think I would like this books since Kate's name isn't given right away which annoyed me. Then there a few other things that bothered me but in the end I really enjoyed the story after it started to unfold in day 2-5.

3 Steam Fans on the Smut-o-meter.

This specific video review will be included in the January 2019 wrap up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.

Carissa
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really cute!

Tonyalee
Quick, entertaining read. These books are like ear candy! haha

Amy
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This was another just okay listen for me. While I am glad I stuck with it, the beginning inconsistencies were so, so bad. The final 2 installments *almost* redeemed the book for me, but not quite.
Katie Pedersen
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: podcast, erotica-smut
Ok, so like many other reviewers, I was distracted by some of the details in this book. I actually re-listened to parts of each episode to figure things out.

The description mentions a 3 month old and I heard the narrator mention that as well. But she goes on to say "...Pluck three grapes from my daughter's fingers which she somehow managed to snag when I wasn't looking." I'm not exactly what 3 month old can reach into a bag of grapes from her car-seat and manage to pull 3 of them off, but maybe
Lindap
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 / 4 Stars

ETA: This was a Read Me Romance podcast.

Pretty good for a quickie novella. This wasn't a mega twist or angsty story...it was pretty straight forward. Kate and Jack had a thing, she gets pregnant, he disappears, she tries to find him, she gets paid off, is devastated but moves on. After the baby is born Kate is in the grocery store, with her baby and a friend, when low and behold guess who shows up shopping there too? Yeah, baby daddy, Jack. That scene made me laugh! After the groce
Darlene
First things first..I do get a little tired when these readmeromance ladies talk alot i know the app is free the books are free but can they not talk for 20+ mins and get to the book??

Also the Narration was funny as heck!! good voice wish they had a male Narration.
Now for the book!!

This was a great Audiobook!! it was funny it had some drama and mystery plus some good moments with our main couple Jack and Kate with baby Anna... & we find out why Jack "Abandon" Kate and their unborn baby....
Jessica
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
So, this was my first official audiobook. With that being said, I’m new to the audiobook world so I’m not sure if you rate books based on the narrator or strictly the story? I’ll just breakdown my thoughts on each aspect and try to get in touch with some audiobook friends to see what they think.

Narrator wise: it was quite strange to listen to someone read you a story. You really have to adjust your entire thinking to focus on what’s being said and absorbing it. At least that’s what I experienced
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Cute story.

This is my first solo book buy this author. My favorite thing about this story is the swoony hero that didn’t have to be an asshole to be lovable. He was a good guy which made him memorable and awesome. I liked the heroine too. She was feisty and no push over.

I think for this story with such a cliche premise, I needed more to make it unique. I would have liked to meet the family or hear the guy’s excuse. Have more of how his memories came back. In such a short format, the author was l
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
First book/audiobook of 2019!
And starting with a new author. This is my first time reading Jen Frederick and I loved it. Plus, considering all the awesome things I've heard from Alexa Riley and Tessa Bailey, I'll definitely be checking some of her other books and new releases.
This was a short, sweet and beautiful story. Jack is so swoon-worthy.

Even though I have to admit that I tend to binge listen on Fridays instead of actually treating it like a podcast, Read Me Romance is such a great concept
Roxs Reads
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed it. Such a swoon worthy book, Jack is so sweet and loving, Kate can't help but fall for his forgetful ass! It delivered Bombshell blows that had me listening intently.

I had a few issues with events in the book. Picturing a 3 month old stealing grapes from a grocery Rey cart being one, but all in all, it was funny and steamy and I liked it a lot. The narrator did an excellent job!
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I want to read all of Jen Frederick’s books now! Katie and Jack’s story is crazy! I usually HATE anything amnesia related but I loved this! Katie is so funny and blunt! Jack is perfect despite his 10 month absence. It is just a perfect mixture of everything. This could definitely be expanded into a full novel but it’s wonderful as is. Have fun with this HEA!
Another hot hit Read Me Romance! 😍😘
Kim
I thoroughly enjoyed this little gem of a novella. Is the premise a little far-fetched? Of course. Did I care? Not even a little bit. I'm not going to over-analyze a novella. It was laugh out loud funny, really swoony and sexy. I waited for this one to be complete before listening to it and it made for a great audio binge.
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-me-romance
Listened to Bombshell on Read Me Romance podcast. The narrator was great as expected.
The story was a second chance romance that had some far fetched aspects to it, but it was still cute and enjoyable. The pacing went well for the shortness of the story and you gotta love an alpha that takes charge.
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omfg! This take on a secret baby with amenisia thrown in and ott alpha man who basically is having heart problems without his love! Swoon freaking city over here! Gah jen outdid herself with this little gem of smuttiness

Website ➝ www.readmer
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Swipe
  • Fake Love
  • Their Second Chance (The Thalanian Dynasty, #3.5)
  • Renaissance Man
  • Breath of Fire
  • Arrange Me (The Arranged Duo, #1)
  • Mated to the Reaper
  • Bounced into Love
  • Unbroken (Loveless, Texas, #0.5)
  • The Hookup Handbook
  • Steamroller (Hard to Love #4)
  • Getting Off
  • Own My Soul (Sixty Days #3)
  • Space (Laws of Physics, #2; Hypothesis, #2.2)
  • Untitled (Unlikely, #2)
  • Buried
  • Nice Girls After Dark: Nicole (Nice Girls After Dark, #3; Billionaires After Dark, #11; Love in Bloom #53)
  • Beautiful Girl