Start by marking “Mostly Innocent (A Powers That Be novel #1)” as Want to Read:
Mostly Innocent (A Powers That Be novel #1)

Mostly Innocent (A Powers That Be novel #1)

Meet Layla James, your typical smart and snarky chick-except for the whole succubus thing. After nearly a millennium on Earth, Layla's settled down in a boring life in Palm Springs, until a smoking-hot hunter comes to arrest her for murder. But Layla knows the rules-she'd never kill someone and incite the wrath of The Powers That Be.

Elijah Daines is a hunter, maintaining t
Published October 22nd 2018 by Champagne Book Group

Start your review of Mostly Innocent (A Powers That Be novel #1)
Jessica Starkey
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am going to give this five stars (even though I think it could have been better) for the following reasons.
1) It appears this is a brand new author with a metric ton of potential but not a lot of experience.
2) The story is not quite original but her take on the paranormal world is unique and she builds the story quite well.
3) Even though some of the dialogue was a bit childish, there character building was strong and grounded.
4) She hooks the reader. I have been burnt out by reading too muc
Nyxie Marrs
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was interesting and a snarky MC is always fun to read. Looking forward to another one.
Renee
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Layla traded her soul to a vengeance demon over 800 years ago to avenge her sister, and agreed to host a succubus for 1000 years in exchange. Now, a lookalike is committing heinous crimes--and a hot demon hunter accuses Layla. The penalty is death. Layla lives by feeding off men's souls during sex...but she's never killed anyone. And so she teams up with Elijah to clear her name and stop the real killer...and find out why she was targeted for the setup in the first place.

This is your classic urb
Barbara Russell
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-fantasy
Awesome novel with a lovely main character and a great cast! Layla is a thousand-year-old Italian succubus who keeps a low profile and is always careful to not hurt anyone with her power. But when she’s wrongly accused to have murdered a guy, she finds herself stuck with Elijah, a succubus hunter, a gorgeous succubus hunter, who wants to catch the real murderer.
I really, really loved this book. I loved Layla’s voice, the plot (there’s a mystery involved), the romance, the beautiful smooth writi
Petra Van Der Ploeg
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
We follow the story from Layla’s point of view. This woman is feisty, quick to judge, even herself. That doesn’t always resonated with me, especially because she comes across as pretty young (mid-twenties) when in fact she’s been around for a long, long time. But aside that, I could relate to her.
When we meet Elijah, first impression is that he’s stoic, manly and downright hubba da hubba. Pretty much all the characters are described as that. There didn't seem to be any flaws in any of their appe
Vicky Walklate
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a great urban fantasy read. Layla is a succubus, getting on for a thousand years old, with not long to go before her demon contract is up and she can return to a mortal life. Elijah is a hunter, a sort of supernatural police officer keeping the balance between good and evil on Earth. When Layla is framed for murder and Elijah comes to arrest her, the enemies to lovers trope kicks off mightily :-)

The plot is fast-paced and exciting, the characters have good depth, the world-building is r
April Neese
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! Layla was a fantastic MC and I enjoyed getting to know her through this story. I’m a sucker for enemies to lovers, cops, and morally gray characters- so I ate this one up.

The psychology behind good and evil and behaviors in this story were on point, and I enjoyed the world building and was seriously interested in finding out more.

I loved the love in this, even though it might have turned a little too insta-lovey, but I’m sure there will be a reason for that explained in the next
Anie
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Received from Bewitching Book Tours

Layla is a succubus, a very old one. She tries to live her days as normal as possible and take as little as she can from her victims. Until someone looking just like her, goes around killing and robbing. She teams up with a detective, who is not entirely human too, to come to the bottom of the mystery.

I liked the supernatural aspect of the story, however, I didn't like the romance so much.
Natalie Unread
May 14, 2020
Kelly Lynn
Oct 21, 2018
J.M. Jinks
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jenna Michelle
Nancy Burgess
Felicia
Leeyatwahhh
Feb 04, 2019

• Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Master of Salt & Bones
  • Moonlight Sins (de Vincent, #1)
  • The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)
  • Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Gypsy Blood (All The Pretty Monsters, #1)
  • Sinful Things (Seraphim Academy, #2)
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Wicked Wings (Seraphim Academy #1)
  • The Queen of Carnage (Underestimated #1)
  • Dark Fae (Dark Fae, #1)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)

News & Interviews