Jump to ratings and reviews

Original Finish

Years after loss forced him back to his Maine hometown, Sean Galloway believes his life is finally on track. He's up for a big promotion with a restoration supply company, and planning a wedding with the owner's daughter.

Cassidy Vance fled Maine with a devastating secret. Ten years later, she returns to ask Sean to sign away parental rights to a son he never knew he had. Back when she was eighteen, an adoption plan seemed the best decision. But she’s learned it was a fraud, and nine-year-old Jonah may be in danger.

When Sean inserts himself into her undercover investigation in upstate New York, the outcome is nothing either could have imagined.

235 pages, Kindle Edition

Published October 17, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Madeline Olson

3 books4 followers
I can’t remember a time when stories weren’t filling my head. This probably explains why my desk was often in the front of the classroom, even though I was typically the tallest kid.

While most of my career was spent as a corporate communications consultant, the jobs I didn’t hold as long provide the seeds for my fertile imagination. I've been a bartender, cocktail waitress, FM disc jockey, talent agent, door-to-door magazine salesperson (this lasted an entire day), TV and radio news reporter, and government analyst. Most of these jobs actually provided a paycheck.

One of my favorite summers was spent waitressing at a resort on Mount Desert Island, Maine, where fictional King’s Harbor is located. The island, with its beautiful Acadia National Park, holds a special place in my heart, and I encourage you to visit and make your own memories there!

I've travelled to nine countries, four Canadian provinces, and every state in the USA but Mississippi (although I plan to rectify that soon). I've been fortunate to raise two amazing children, and currently live with two dogs and an assortment of woodland creatures in a paradise off the coast of Washington state.

My daydreams have always featured smart and resilient women and the strong and noble men who are worthy of them. I believe each of us deserves a happily-ever-after, even if it’s just between the pages of a book.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews
Profile Image for ☆☆Hannah☆☆.
2,908 reviews37 followers
September 9, 2019
This was a good read. Sean is all set to get married but Cassie shows up asking for help. It was quite a shock and he was willing got do what he could to help. The problem was that his fiance was crazy. Thankfully by the end he saw her for who she really was. The ending was nice too. Everybody was happy and got who and what they wanted.
Profile Image for Kelly  DeMarco.
1,517 reviews3 followers
September 6, 2019
A long and winding road… but worth the wait

Original Finish, Book 2 of the King’s Harbor Series by Madeline Olson, is a wonderful and lovely romance with tons of feels and a little of everything that made this book an entertaining read. It’s also stand-alone. I haven’t read book 1 yet, but I will be adding it to my TBR list for sure. Madeline Olson is a new author to me and I have quickly become a fan of her writing.
This fast-paced book has a very interesting plot and captivating characters. The plot kept me fully engaged and I really appreciated the fast pace of this story, I never felt as though I were missing anything. Sean and Cassie come together after nearly a decade apart and without intending to, embark on a second chance as they seek to regain custody of their son. These two are awesome, I loved their self talk as it often made me smile. All of the characters, and there are many, are engaging and equally wonderful. I’m so looking forward to more King’s Harbor series books.
Overall, a really wonderful second chance love story with an equally wonderful HEA for this couple, finally arriving at what should have been their original finish - together forever.
I read an ARC of this book from Hidden Gems and voluntarily share my review.
820 reviews9 followers
September 8, 2019
Nice, sweet, clean story that was enjoyable. I did think the confrontation with the baddy was a bit soft and could have been a bit more gritty/heartstopping. Also I would have liked to have been privvy to the young boy meeting his new extended family for the first time for a more emotional wrap-up. Overall enjoyable but had an opportunity to give you more of a rollercoaster ride.

I voluntarily reviewed this book after receiving an advance copy from Hidden Gems.
Profile Image for Leah.
175 reviews
March 29, 2020
I received a free ARC of this novel via Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review. My opinion is my own.

This is the second book in the King's Harbor series by Ms Olsen. I loved the first installment of this series and the second is just as good. Sean is a smart man with a lot of ambitions. Cassidy has a secret that she has not gotten over. They were high school sweethearts but now they need to come together to solve a problem. Can they put the past behind them and work things out?
1,435 reviews1 follower
April 9, 2020
Original Finish

Great story on how a young woman ran away when she discovered she was pregnant only to discovery read later that her son was with a murderer and she finally tells her ex boyfriend he has a son. They decide to try and get him back after a lot of time and trouble.... This was a free read and this is my review in my words only. Norma Gorrill
Profile Image for Patricia Baxes.
2,298 reviews10 followers
September 7, 2019
A really well done read. This one grabs you from the first page and refuses to turn you loose until you finish it. This one belongs on your TBR list today! (I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and literally could not put it down. There’s magic in these pages for sure.) ❤️❤️
Profile Image for Tonya Peterson.
1,080 reviews3 followers
October 6, 2019
Making a wrong better than ever

Sean and Cassidy was high school sweethearts but one day she was about to tell him something and but things didn't go as planned, and 9 yrs later she needs his help to undo a wrong.
Profile Image for Cherie Melbourne.
817 reviews8 followers
February 8, 2019
Original Finish

I had to read this after reading The Ego Trip as an ARC and enjoying it so much. This is Madeline Olson's second story and I enjoyed it immensely. I really like the characters she creates and the way she tells her story, always with a bit of drama. My only disappointment with story is that Sean didn't find out about Daphne 's secret love interest, that confrontation would have been an interesting read. I'm looking forward to reading the next story.
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.