Start by marking “RED Hotel” as Want to Read:
RED Hotel

RED Hotel

When a bomb rips the façade off the Kensington Hotel in Tokyo, dozens are killed and injured while one man walks calmly away from the wreckage, a coy smile playing on his lips. Former Army intelligence officer Dan Reilly, now an international hotel executive with high level access to the CIA, makes it his mission to track him down. He begins a jet-setting search for answer

Published March 19th 2019 by Beaufort Books

To ask other readers questions about RED Hotel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about RED Hotel

Start your review of RED Hotel
Steve
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

DNF @ 18%

I really didn't connect with this one, and at almost a fifth of the way in, some semblance of a plot should be apparent, characters should be developed, and the book should be drawing me in. None of that happened, and it was becoming a chore to pick this one up.

One star, plus an extra one for the outstanding descriptive prologue.
3 no 7
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Red Hotel” by Gary Grossman and Ed Fuller sets the stage right from the startling cover which features a silhouetted figure gazing down, a helicopter hovering in the distance, and a cracked window, all bathed in ominous red. Readers are immediately drawn into the action as Dan Reilly, Senior Vice President of Kensington Royal Hotel Corporation, assists hotel employees and guests. Conversation drives the plot as Reilly talks to those he encounters while hopping from problem to problem, protectin ...more
Darren
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this as a e book from net galley. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. It is my first book read by this author. I hope to read more books by this author.
Susan Ovans
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rollicking read and one that seems prescient about how Putin can be planning the reestablishment of the USSR by any means open to him. Quite probably, I will never walk through a hotel lobby with the same sense of security as I did before reading this novel.
Jane
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Red Hotel is a well-written spy thriller that will keep you turning the pages. Action-packed, solid characters, fast-paced, and an excellent plot. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Many thanks to the authors, NetGalley, and Beaufort Books for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
John
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a well-written, globe-hopping thriller, that delivers everything that a thriller enthusiast could want. The authors did a great job injecting current issues into the plot. The hotel industry plays a key role in "Red Hotel", and the authors are quite knowledgeable about the business end of this industry and the problems faced by international hotel chains in an age of global terrorism. The book had a very real edge to it. The end of the book was very well-crafted, and provides a great exa ...more
Jean Kolinofsky
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Red Hotel opens with testimony before a congressional committee stressing the necessity of shared information between the intelligence community and hotel chains for the safety of their customers. This scene alternates with scenes of a terrorist bombing at a hotel in Tokyo. Dan Reilly, the VP-International for Kensington Royal Hotels, departs Washington for Tokyo to assess the damages to their hotel. After viewing the devastation and the number of fatalities, Reilly submits a plan to the hom ...more
thewanderingjew
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a winner. The authors are particularly well suited for this book. One is a successful novelist and the other has a broad background in global affairs. They are a perfect combination for this thriller which is placed squarely on the current world stage with all of the conflicts that are raging across the globe. The title foreshadows the novel’s main event.

Red is the code word developed by Dan Reilly, Vice President of the international division of a major hotel conglomerate called Ke
Achour
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, rec_2020
Red Hotels" is a page-turning book, fast paced and full of action.

Gary Grossman and Ed Fuller gave us un excellent plot. The two authors reflected on the realities of terrorism threatening hotels around the world. Actually, from the start of the 21st century, security in hotels is an issue because they become real targets in many regions. However, I find what the authors said about Russia a bit exaggerated because I think Russia is not a source of terrorism.
Authors succeeded to show at what poi
Benjamin  Thomas
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for every thriller fan out there. It's another "breed"of thriller. Combine an established author in the genre with a successful global hotel executive, and what you get is RED hotel. Espionage, counter-terrorism, global stakes, it has it all.
Gavin Reese
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RED Hotel is an intriguing, fast-paced ride through today's international headlines and global political realities. Based on real events and the authors' extensive experience and masterful writing style, it's everything I've missed since the last true Clancy novel. I'm a fan and you will be, too.
Benjamin  Thomas
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Randy
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read, look forward to next in series! Also appreciated relevant historical information.
Ryan Hillis
Mar 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not my cup of tea. More of a hotel thriller then anything else!!!
Edward
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read
Rebecca
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good idea, poor witting.
Christopher Geraghty
An excellent geopolitical thriller. I will definitely read the next book in the series.
sarah  morgan
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As terrorist threats move from well-guarded government facilities their targets often become softer ones, hotels—where corporate and government representatives stay and conduct International business. In this interesting and informative geopolitical thriller, our hero, Dan Reilly, is a global hotel chain manager, but he also has contacts in the intelligence communities, both in Europe and in the USA. This combination is perfect to pit him against terrorists trying to shift political winds throug ...more
BookTrib.com
Terrorists bomb a hotel in Tokyo, but the reverberations are felt around the world in a new international thriller co-written by TV producer and author Gary Grossman and global executive and crisis management expert Ed Fuller.

In RED Hotel (Beaufort Books), a high-ranking Kremlin diplomat is assassinated. A building in Kiev blows up. Russia begins to amass forces along its western borders. Former Army intelligence officer Dan Reilly, now an international hotel executive with high-level access to
Linda
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books where you could take it or leave it. The storyline revolves around terrorist attacks on so called “soft targets,” in this case an upper end international hotel. How to anticipate these attacks and keep guests safe is the goal as well as identifying the culprits.

I felt the book had too many characters to keep track of, jumped from place to place and never really explored the background of the main character. Still if you enjoy a good thriller this one may be for you. A
Donna Huber
I haven't read a spy thriller this good since Tom Clancy stopped writing Jack Ryan, Sr. in the field. I loved the character of Dan Reilly, a man whose job isn't to save the country but feels it is his duty to what he can. In a time when most spy novels are focused on cyberterrorism and financial espionage, I loved that this went back to good old spycraft. Read my full review at Girl Who Reads ...more
James Winchell
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful. One of the best Thrillers I have read this year. The story was spot on. From the first page to the last page I could not put the book down. If you like Thriller like I do this is a can’t miss book. Hope to see a sequel.
Jim Burmaster
Sep 26, 2019
Irma Robles
Aug 08, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp, #18)
  • The Murder of Edward VI
  • Red Metal
  • The Deserter (Scott Brodie & Maggie Taylor #1)
  • Hard Hit (Jon Reznick, #6)
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)
  • Spies of the Midnight Sun: A True Story of WWII Heroes (World War Two Series Book 3)
  • The Debriefing
  • The Last Goodnight: A World War II Story of Espionage, Adventure & Betrayal
  • Warriors (Hell Divers #7)
  • Oblivion Black
  • The Bitterroots (Cassie Dewell, #5)
  • The Eighth Sister (Charles Jenkins #1)
  • A Small Earnest Question (North of the Tension Line Book 4)
  • The School Choice Roadmap: 7 Steps to Finding the Right School for Your Child