Start by marking “An Autumn in Paris” as Want to Read:
An Autumn in Paris

An Autumn in Paris

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Because of Audrey Hepburn, I have foolishly…

a) bought into the whole “Paris is always a good idea” thing without any offscreen evidence,
b) uprooted my son and left my bittersweet memories behind,
c) allowed Thomas—the handsome, caring, way-out-of-my-league vet—to disrupt the humdrum life I had self-prescribed for my Broken Heart Syndrome.

Behind his easy smile and swoon-wort
Published November 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about An Autumn in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Autumn in Paris

Marnie
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun and steamy read set alongside our friends from La Boheme.

I just love catching up with Jeanne and the crew from my favourite virtual cafe in Paris, just like those old friends whom you haven’t seen for a while, but fit back into an easy and vibrant conversation with!

Daniela has such a tragic story in her past, and despite a couple of her choices in men, she is a strong and loving mother to her pre-teen son, Liviu and along with Baloo the dog, make up a gorgeous little family. She has
Linda Walters
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
There are three different divided sections in this book. It beginnings with Part 1 Daniela who is often called Dana. Part 2 is the voice of Thomas; his point of view. There is also a Part 3- which is BOTH of them each sharing their P.O.V.'s back and forth. I found that was different but I did like it.
Dana's son, Liviu had such an unusual name. Well at least to me an American reader. It also caused me to wonder about what the right pronunciation of his name was. And so I went and searched it and
Karissa
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
After taking a divergent track with another genre, Alix is back to her romance roots with a simple, sweet story.

An Autumn in Paris focuses on single mom Dana and new-to-Paris vet Thomas. Both of them feel tied to another but are falling slowly, inexorably, hopelessly for each other. He ticks all of her boxes--treats her well, enjoys spending time with her son, and cares for her pet. She ticks all of his--trustworthy, gorgeous without flaunting it, and genuine. They enjoy each others' friends an
Shoppermom
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Autumn in Paris with its gray skies and nature's decay always fills my heart with equal parts melancholy and anger." Daniela's gloomy take on Paris in the fall reflects the gray morass of unhappiness that comprises her day-to-day life struggling to get by as a single mom with little money and no hope of things ever getting better. But Daniela lives not far from the café La Bohème, where sooner or later, dreams always seem to come true for Ms. Nichols' close-knit group of French characters. Amid ...more
Becky Claxon
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dana and Thomas’ love story is so touching. I hated seeing what had happened to each of them before they ever met. Dana’s first love was exciting, fun, and forbidden. It broke my heart what happened to him. His parents were so terrible that I can’t imagine people acting like that. Thomas is such a caring person that wants to help everyone and animals. I can see why he became a vet. Because of his soft heart, he is taken advantage of by a woman. I really didn’t like her. I enjoyed watching Dana a ...more
Linda
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🍁Lovely paean to autumn, tender romance, and the best bits 🍷of La Vie en France!🗼 🍂
October 29, 2018
Format: Paperback
👍👍What a lovely second chance💕 romance showcasing the best features of French living -- the food, the drink, the beautiful gardens and classic architecture, with a culture that values taking time to experience the finer things as an essential part of life. It's obvious that author Alix Nichols loves Paris and knows how to present its best face while acknowledging, in this case thro
Jackie D
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thomas and Dana's tale of broken souls finding solace in one another is a beautifully written read full of marshmallow hearts, wit-filled banter, passion, chivalry and a side of hormonal teen knowledge thrown in!
Following along on their journey to happiness was a bumpy ride, riddled with self-doubt, heartache and challenging pasts, keeping me glued to my Kindle swiping pages, wanting to know how the perfectly imperfect characters would get their well deserved HEA.
I enjoy Alix Nichols contemporar
Kristen Lewendon
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dana and Thomas are adorable together. Seeing them heal from the traumas of their past relationships was beautiful to witness. And made the stumbling blocks in their way all the more tragic. I found both Dana and Thomas to be selectively blind to the truth about themselves. (But then again, aren’t we all?) Dana could be strong for her son, a lioness protecting Liviu, but she was often reluctant to see or use that strength for her own benefit. Thomas’s marshmallow heart meant that he sometimes ga ...more
Margaret Watkins
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I came to the end of this book and very reluctantly closed my Kindle cover. It is one of those stories that jerks at the heartstrings and tugs at one's emotions. The author brings out the full ambiance of Paris in autumn, the pathos, the nostalgia and the uncertainty of romance. I loved the main characters with their humourous interaction and the slow build up from friendship to lovers. Dana's heartache and sorrow stem from past experience, whilst Thomas' loss is more recent. However, as they ap ...more
Zena
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally stirring!
Dana and Thomas, two lovely people who are trying to restart their lives but their pasts keep hitting them between their eyes.
Alix Nichols has brought us, what I think is her most emotionally stirring story yet and I loved ever second of it.
I hope you decide to read it and join me in recommending it to others.
I read an Advance Reader's copy and my review above is voluntary and unbiased.
B.
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This sweet romance involves Dana, a Romanian immigrant single-mother to Paris. She’s working hard as an apartment building concierge to make a life for her sweet son. She has no interest in romance until she meets their dog’s new veterinarian.

Thomas has his own reasons for not feeling he can get involved with a woman because his former girlfriend disappeared without a trace a year ago and he’s still hoping she’ll return. It’s a peculiar side-story.

He’s much better off with Dana and you’ll be pul
Judy
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful story about two broken souls finding happiness and love in a fun loving story. Dana thought she found the love of her life in her teenage neighbor and it ended in a horrible accident causing her heartache but gave her a beautiful baby! Thomas thought he found the one and even proposed and she disappears with no reason. Thomas is a vet in Paris and meets Dana examining her puppy and this go array and Dana is embarrassed. They are neighbors and end up becoming friends and Thoma ...more
Sarah H
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! Thomas and Dana story is amazing. They both have a bad relationship past. They both are trying to restart their love life. There is a few twist and turns in this book. A very enjoyable book. I definitely recommend this book.
Jane
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Autumn in Paris. Alix Nichols returns to romance in this book and it is a wonderful and decidedly satisfying hot story, she says, fanning herself! Dana is a single mom still emotionally committed to her son’s dead father. Thomas is a veterinarian still engaged to his missing fiancée. But the attraction between them is so strong that despite their best efforts they cannot seem to stay away from each other. But fate has a way of throwing things off balance and the path to a happy ending seldom ...more
Margaret McGovern
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Very good contemporary romance that takes place in Paris France. The characters are interesting and well developed. This is a stand-alone with a HEA. There were times when the book got slow so it took longer for me to read. The blurb is accurate. I received a complementary copy and chose to write a review.
Amy Johnson
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great series in the making for Alix Nichols. I recieved a complementary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review - but I would gladly pay full price for it. The writing is fantastic and this book hit me harder emotionally than her others. The writing style grabs you right away and keeps you hooked until long after the final page.
This is a highly entertaining read and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a wonderful read on a long weekend.
Can't wait to see what comes next
Leanne Bryson
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review....
This was a fun, solid read by Alix Nicols. Daniela or Dana and Thomas were interesting, well written characters. I would have preferred an alternating POV through out the book, but the book is a quick, funny at times, surprising at times read. I liked the development of the H/h relationship, overall a good read.
Melissa
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story! I couldn't put this story down once I started reading it! I loved how personable all of the characters seemed in this story. I also love how it brings in characters from the other stories as well. I can't wait to see what happens next in Paris!
C bond
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, great read.
Charity Chimni
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Dana and Thomas' story! Both characters have pasts to overcome. I enjoyed the banter between Dana, Thomas, Liviu, and Manon. It was great seeing the characters from La Boheme! This story was full of heart, family, overcoming the past, passion, and love. Can't wait for more from these characters!
Barbara
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free book and voluntarily chose to review it. The author lives in France so a few of the words will have different meanings. But never fear the book is easy to read. The main female character has some issues to fix. Warning--this is a steamy read but there is a good story in this book. Loved it.
Tanya
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful read which will have you wanting there to be a happy ending. Being in Paris can be good for love and it may help her get over her broken heart
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Stacie McGlaughlin
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Autumn in Paris by Alix Nichols was a very enjoyable book! I loved it!! Thomas and Dana's story is amazing and they are very well developed characters. They both have had difficult relationships in the past, but together they have incredible chemistry. They both are trying to restart their love life. I definitely recommend this book. 5 stars!
Wanda
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has characters with a lot of depth and it is nice to see an author show her characters growing from their past instead of using it as an excuse. The book brings in characters from other books in the background so you feel like you're visiting a long lost friend even if the characters aren't really a part of the story line. I received this as an ARC and this is my honest voluntary review.
Pat
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The storyline was well written and the characters were so well developed that I was totally captivated throughout the entire book! I look forward to reading more from this author!
Jemima
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading An Autumn in Paris. There’s humor, a bit of mystery - which will make you eager to reveal the plot or characters, drama, and sweet romance.

I liked how Dana and Thomas’ relationship blossomed. I loved the dynamics between Dana, Thomas, and Liviu. I love, love Liviu.

I did, however, feel that the last 10% was rather weak: a weak plot twist and a rather rushed ending.
Louise Jewell
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Thomas and Dana’s storyline. They both had pasts that they had to overcome, but they had chemistry between them right from the start. It was the great that he has a good friendship going on with her son. Loved the book. Well done.
Nate Brightman
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Amy Stephens
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying that I truly adored this story!

When I first started reading An Autumn in Paris, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to connect with it since it was based in France. Some of the words were unfamiliar to me, but I found the author wrote in such a way that you could easily figure out what she was trying to get across to the reader. And actually, it became quite interesting learning the different styles and cultures of a country I've not had the opportunity to visit. As it turned
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Alix Nichols is a USA Today bestselling author of sexy romantic comedies and sci-fi romances. At the age of six, she released her first book, which featured highly creative spelling. Decades later, she still writes, and her spelling has improved (somewhat). She lives in France with her family and their almost-human dog.

**To get a rom-com and a sci-fi novelette FREE, visit: alixnichols.com/freebies