Jump to ratings and reviews
Frankie Ricci grew up in a household of men. She could change her own tire, fix a leaking faucet and she wasn’t afraid of squishing a spider, so what did she need a man for? Well, sure there was that. But so far, Frankie had never found someone she was interested in enough to do that.
Nope. She was happy with her life just the way it was.

Sacaren wasn’t happy. He’d always believed his pack would share a mate. Having six of them watch over one mate meant she’d always be guarded, safe. Now, the idea of having to take care of a mate on his own…it made him feel a little ill.

Especially when these human females were so fragile, so easily harmed. How was he supposed to keep one safe?

Well, at least they were small. He’d just have to find a submissive, obedient one and ensure that he kept her tightly under his protection at all time. That would be simple.

Right?

First published November 7, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sadie Carter

37 books347 followers
Best selling author, Sadie wanted to blend her love of writing, Sci-Fi (why did they cancel Firefly - sobs) and sexy, dominant males.
If you'd like to keep up with any updates, she has a Facebook page.
Sign up to her newsletter (http://eepurl.com/bQPcI5) and receive a FREE NOVELLA set in the Zerconian Warriors world, you'll also receive information about new releases, excerpts from upcoming books and deleted scenes.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 37 reviews
Profile Image for *CJ*.
3,951 reviews422 followers
January 16, 2019
"Sacaren" is the story of Frankie and Sacaren.

I have to thank my darling friend Marie, for recommending this read to me- because I ADORED it.

We have a grumpy alien Sky Warrior who wants a nice and obedient wife, but instead runs into a tiny devil during a drugstore robbery!

Frankie has always been a self reliant tomboy. Growing up with an over protective father and 5 brothers after losing her mother at a young age, she is now wary of macho men, and completely content always being the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Things change when she rescues a 7 foot 1 inch giant during an armed robbery (who totally insists he saved her), who then insists on chasing her to ensure her safety.
Soon he starts pursuing her, and her feelings soften towards him. But he appears to be hiding something, because he refuses to let her know where he is from, apart from having formal speech and not knowing most of the earthly traditions.

But then again, he gels well with her family, can give her fantastic orgasms, and is always so sweet and loving with her.

Things take a turn when she starts getting threats, and Sacaren disappears without a trace. Did she actually fall for a complete stranger?

What a FAB story with a spunky and witty heroine, a kind and devoted hero, sexy bang bang and such a lovely HEA. I liked the plot, and the hero's courting and attempts to charm the h were so sweet. I adore Hs who care deeply for their woman's feelings.

Im excited for the next read, for sure.

Safe
4.5/5
Profile Image for Under the Covers Book Blog.
2,818 reviews1,364 followers
November 19, 2018
Sacaren is the second book in the Sky Warriors series, which although is a spin-off of the Zerconian Wariors series, can easily be read as a standalone. A pack of Sky Warriors – a race of alien with silver skin and wings – have come to Earth to find their mate. Being the strong and fierce alpha warriors they are, they expect to find quiet and submissive women who will obey their every order. Sacaren is no different. Yet, he cannot stop thinking about Frankie: the straight talking and spirited woman she unnecessarily put herself in danger…to save him.

Alien angels you say? Sign this girl right the hell up! I really enjoyed Marcun the first book in the Sky Warriors series so I may have done a little jig of happiness when I saw that Sacaren was out. It was a really fun read, packed with humour and romance. It’s also a great place to start if you want to read some sci-fi, but I keep scaring you off by me extolling the virtues of scales and tentacles. Rest assured, the Sky Warriors are completely humanoid, just built on a larger scale with silver skin and beautiful dark wings, if you are a paranormal romance fan you may have come across similar heroes.

What I enjoyed most about this book, and about this series, is the whole fish-out-of-water theme. Especially because the fish in question was a big sexy and very lethal male. I loved his befuddlement over some of the things Frankie would say. You don’t realise how many idioms and double meanings the English language has until sexy winged alien highlights it to you. I did love Frankie and Sacaren together, they were an adorable couple and together they gave us a sweet romance.

This book was a lot of fun, I am now eagerly awaiting the next book in the Sky Warriors series.

*Reviewed by Suzanne❤ ♡ Don't want to miss any of our posts? Subscribe to our blog by email! ♡ ❤
Profile Image for Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog).
1,730 reviews534 followers
December 3, 2018

Profile Image for Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog).
1,730 reviews534 followers
November 14, 2018

Alien angels you say? Sign this girl right the hell up! I really enjoyed Marcun the first book in the Sky Warriors series so I may have done a little jig of happiness when I saw that Sacraren was out. It was a really fun read, packed with humour and romance. It’s also a great place to start if you want to read some sci-fi, but I keep scaring you off by me extolling the virtues of scales and tentacles. Rest assured, the Sky Warriors are completely humanoid, just built on a larger scale with silver skin and beautiful dark wings, if you are a paranormal romance fan you may have come across similar heroes.

Profile Image for Nike.
297 reviews
March 30, 2019
Sadie Carter Sky Warriors are the best; I can wait to read the next book “A Sky Warrior Christmas” and of course Nax… because I love grumpy heroes
115 reviews4 followers
January 12, 2019
Sacaren & Frankie ( Francesca to him ) I love them so so much !! Sacaren is a Big Scarred Over Protective Alpha Alien, That is ALWAYS HUNGRY !! He Wants a Obedient Submissive Mate. Until he meets Frankie. She is so funny and is a bit of a tomboy and never shuts up. This is Not a Opposite attract couple. They are so much Alike & it is Perfect. They argue a lot and it is soo funny, but he always Unintentionally says the Sweetest Things when He fights with her, it is so hard for her to stay mad at him.
It was so Much Fun Watching Them Fall in Love !!! She has a bunch of funny loud mouth brothers that add so much to the story too. I hope to see more of them in future books. I just fell in love with this book. I Can't wait to start the next one <3
Profile Image for LuDena .
2,276 reviews2 followers
November 14, 2018
Sacaren

I enjoyed the book and give it 5 stars however I do wish the author would give more to the ending, it feels cut short. They needed more time as a committed couple . I having difficulty explaining , but otherwise loved both books.
81 reviews
December 4, 2018
Wonderful read

Love love love this new series, it has me laughing so hard people on the train thought I was insane...funny ,romantic heartbreaking all wrap up in one , I hardly put the book down, well worth the wait ,will definitely recommend it to my fellow readers.
53 reviews
January 6, 2019
Sweet romance, very nice hero and heroine, a little tame for me

The two main characters are very nice, honorable and caring. It is easy to like them. The conflict is minimal and that is why I give this book a three star. Bad guy is pretty tame and culture clash is not significant, mostly just provides amusement in places. Will probably read the next book as long as it comes out in kindle unlimited as this one did
Profile Image for Jannie Cv.
883 reviews23 followers
July 25, 2019
Sacaren, such a wonderful, protective male!
I am getting such a huge kick out of reading these Sky Warrior stories. The author’s sense of humor is readily apparent as she pokes jibes at Zerconian warriors, and plays with the ever-confusing (to foreigners and aliens) sayings we commonly use.
What an amusing, raucous family Frankie has! Five brothers. I can’t even imagine! No wonder Sacaren feels comfortable with them: his Sky Warrior brothers act much the same. This is a delicious story with interesting, lovable characters, excitement and an abundance of laughter.
Profile Image for Beth Fuller.
126 reviews1 follower
January 8, 2019
Thoroughly Enjoyed!

I’ve been binging on Sci-Fi Rom and this book popped up in my recommended reads list. I’m glad I decided to give it a try! The story and characters are entertaining and the book becomes hard to put down. This series has definitely gone on my “gotta read more of” list and I’m looking forward to Nax’s story.
Profile Image for Speed.
904 reviews2 followers
March 28, 2019
Loved the 2nd book in the Sky Warriors series. In this book Saracen meets his match with Frankie and it was awesome! I can't get enough of these silver, take every word literally, wing spanned, alien hunks! After a brief kerfuffle with a guy, who wasn't all that important, everything works out for Frankie and Saracen. I tots love her brothers, Lol! Such fun!!!
918 reviews1 follower
July 17, 2020
Really good

The language and slang is very funny. I like how Sacaren was going to find a quiet mate that would agree to and do everything he said. Frankie is funny. She is tough because of her 6 brothers. Frankie is threatened. Sacaren has an accident and the Sky Warriors band together once again. I really like the series.
135 reviews
November 18, 2018
Good book

This book is funny and a delight to read. The characters are believable and well fleshed out. The story moves forward with action interest. I truly believe that the reader will enjoy the story.
620 reviews6 followers
November 27, 2018
Sacaren is such a loveable alien.

I have just found this series and this book was so entertaining . Sacaren and Frankie are perfect for each other. Aliens with wings gotta love them.
December 9, 2018
Sacaren

It's very rare i laugh out loud when reading my ebooks but I did with this one! Very well written. Good story I felt I was there watching for the first few chapters.
Profile Image for Barbara L.
233 reviews
December 30, 2018
Story even better than I thought it would be

Sacaren's mate is so much fun. She is great with the one liners that she keeps him always wondering what she means, and her brother's are a hoot to listen to, they act just like his pack, almost uncontrollable, and funny too.
Profile Image for Pet.
2,644 reviews4 followers
April 12, 2019
A fun light sexy read, my only nit is with the whole obey thing. This is 2019 women don’t need to obey any more and while the h talks feisty she really gives in very quickly, and mostly because „oh well when he puts it like that it’s kind of sweet“ ... ugh.
Profile Image for Paraphrodite.
2,416 reviews51 followers
June 20, 2019
3 stars.

I find this a bit light on story-wise. But I did like Frankie, our heroine. The initial 7-Eleven scene was quite funny. If you're after something light with lots of sexy-times with an alien hero, this one is perfect.
Profile Image for ChattyChik21.
2,277 reviews
July 8, 2019
Crazily hilarious

Absolutely bonkers in every amazing way. I was in tears laughing several times. These books are so much fun and so sweet and I love Frankie and the whole lot of sky warriors, Eden failed me this book but I’m sure she’ll redeem herself
703 reviews1 follower
August 24, 2019
I have no idea why these guys are so appealing. I love these guys and the girls they find are so right for them. How they click is just so entertaining. Just have to keep this series in my just read list.
3,079 reviews26 followers
February 25, 2021
Sacaren

Frankie is still in her hideous bridesmaid outfit when she is in 7-Eleven during an armed robbery. Sacaren is there looking to buy food when he spots a female in fluorescent orange attire. Then the whole robbery happens.
Profile Image for Julia.
244 reviews3 followers
November 11, 2018
Good Story

A quick fun story that although it has a satisfying HEA leaves the "door open" for other books in the series.
1,108 reviews
November 12, 2018
Sacaren

I loved this book. I laughed out loud so many times. I loved Frankie, Sacaren and their relationship. The scenes with Frankies brothers were hilarious.
Profile Image for Joy Conger.
69 reviews1 follower
November 28, 2018
Awesome

This story has it all: love, humor, family interactions, a bit of mystery, and a gorgeous hero with wings......yum. Highly recommend
Profile Image for Agata Jędrzejewska.
851 reviews3 followers
December 11, 2018
OMG. I love this book. I mean it. And I love Sky Warriors. And Frankie is just a blast. And book is funny, touching and unique. Can’t wait for next part.
Profile Image for Anya Champagne.
417 reviews6 followers
December 25, 2018
Loved it.

Sacaren is an adorable, over the top alpha male. Frankie is such a sweet, determined firecracker. Together they make a wonderful couple. This is an excellent story.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 37 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.