Start by marking “Diversion (Diversion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Diversion (Diversion, #1)

Diversion

(Diversion #1)

Length: 8 hrs and 22 mins

Drug dealers aren't always on the streets; sometimes they sit in offices and board rooms, selling merchandise in official looking bottles instead of little cellophane bags.

When given a choice between eight more years in prison or using his "expertise" to assist the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau's Department of Diversion Prevention and Control,
Audible Audio, 9 pages
Published October 12th 2018 by Rocky Ridge Books (first published March 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Diversion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diversion

Start your review of Diversion (Diversion, #1)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

Meet Lucky Lucklighter:

Do you like annoying MCs? MCs that are so snarky that you're not sure if you want to laugh or push them down a flight of stairs? If you have a weakness for a mouth that doesn't quit it (and not in the sexy way), then Lucky is the MC for you! Me? I sort of liked him. I found him amusing and entertaining, I'll say that. But did he work for me fully as a lead for a romance? *meh*

This book will be a winner for a lot of readers. Eden Winters did a great job with a
Baba
Nov 01, 2015 marked it as wth-was-i-thinking  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
No rating. Probably my fastest DNF since I joined GR. I gave up on page 4. #sorrynotsorry

photo Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-31 um 22.04.31_zpsewwlkbtc.png

How about annoying when it comes to my book choices? I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea. #lifeslittlemysteries I was neither high as a kite nor drunk as a skunk. I don't even touch this shit. Ever.

Anyway, there's not much to say except that I had a very bad feeling. Hopped over to GR and checked out a couple one-star reviews. Sometimes you just know…

It's not a resolution or anything, but I
Erth
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a completely different and interesting set-up for this book. When the book begins, Lucky is in the process of stealing a truck-load of drugs and you (the reader) are wondering what the heck is going on. That opening segment is a pretty good chunk...like 3-4 chapters and I did think at one point in time that I didn't want to continue reading it. I'm so glad that I did because against all the evidence saying he's not at the beginning, Lucky is actually one of the good guys.

Lucky is part of
Nancy
Posted at Outlaw Reviews

Richmond “Lucky” Lucklighter has served two years in prison for drug trafficking. He is given an opportunity to complete his remaining eight-year sentence using his criminally acquired skills to help strengthen weaknesses and find security gaps in the pharmaceutical industry supply chains. Lucky has just a month or so left of his sentence and is assigned to train his replacement.

Bo Schollenberger is a former marine who later becomes a pharmacist. He is struggling with
Shile

I Loved it! Loved it!

Lucky, the coffee addicted, smart mouth, snarky guy was an amazing MC. I loved him.

Bo, the dimpled, sweet, broken gentle teddy bear, i adored him. These two had chemistry and their banter had me laughing so hard.

“Lucky?”
“Yes?”
“Has anyone ever told you you’re a first-class asshole?”
“Yes, but go ahead. I never get tired of hearing it.”

The mystery was engaging too. I liked Walter too

I will definitely read the rest of the series.
~Mindy Lynn~
Started out rough (all my fault, not the books). By the end I was loving it. I can't wait to read the next one.
Lyn
Audio - 4 stars. Darcy Stark is a great narrator, but he didn't give Bo and Lucky distinctive enough voices. Considering they both have southern accents, I found myself having to concentrate more than usual on the audio so that I didn't get lost.

Story - 4 stars

I didn't think I'd be able to deal with Lucky's snark, but I ended up loving how it drove Bo a bit crazy. These two opposites definitely complement each other, and I'm looking forward to continuing the series.
Susan
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The first 5 chapters of this book HAD. ME. HOOKED. I was floored by what an exciting and smart story was being laid out before me!

Diversion...well, the best way to describe it w/o getting overly-detailed is to say it's about an organization that takes down pharmaceutical crime. And the players involved are some really fascinating characters.

Lucky is a self-serving bad-guy-turned-good-guy who's paying time for a crime by working for the Department of Diversion Prevention and Control. Think thief
Christelle
I love discovering an author new to me, I love when there’s some suspense, I love age-gap and I love a grumpy MC who plays the lonely wolf but can’t stop melting for his new partner. No choice but to really enjoy this book, especially when pushed to read it by Natalie, Renée, Simone, Karen and Heather (yes, I was doomed from the start !!).

Lucky is not the usual Narcotics agent : he got his jail sentence for drug trafficking commuted in exchange of working with a Narcotics agency to bring down
Vio
Oh Lucky my dreamboat my darling "grins" a delight he made this story for me a lovable annoying smart arsed little shit who loved to rub Bo up the wrong way. I was in stitches many times so hilarious a wonderful duo they are a definitely a match made in heaven lol. The music the grocery shopping and all their little spats were wonderful even though Lucky would have driven me up the wall I seriously have no idea how Bo did not strangle him because I sure wanted to!

Despite the emotional hang ups
Natasha
Guess what, you fabulous little book, you? You, my dear, are going on my favorites shelf!

Spoilers n shit.

I was lost but now I am found! One million stars to you, Eden Winters! But seriously. I’ve been in a bit of a book slump lately and haven’t been able to sit down and read one full book in a while. Well, I’m back to my old self and read this puppy in one day. Fantastic. I’ve had this guy sitting in my library for, like, a year, and just now I decided to give it a shot. Lucky and Bo might be
Jenni Lea
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Done gone and fell in love. Damn it.

That was some of the best SMARK I've ever read! I have a new book boyfriend. His name is Lucky. Some Lucky-isms for ya:

* Uglier than homemade sin.

* I bet you could suck the sheets straight up my ass, city boy.

* Not too bad for twist-off wine. Guess it can't all be Boone's Farm.

* I don't like virginity, personally. It never lasts.

I need to read the next book RIGHT NOW!
Kaje Harper
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
For me, the most essential ingredient in a good story is great characters and that's where this book shines. Lucky is wonderful - tough, scrappy, smart-assed, intelligent, and deliberately abrasive, as he works desperately to maintain a veneer of don't-give-a-shit over his vulnerable core. Bo is his perfect match - strong, easygoing, quick with a comeback, and with hidden vulnerabilities of his own that Lucky can't ignore. They strike sparks off each other from the first encounter, and were a ...more
Feliz
The blurb gives a good idea about what's going on so I won't delve too deeply into that in order to avoid spoilers. All I'm going to say is, I loved this book, plain and simple. It had everything I want and need in my reading - a gripping, well thought-out and believable story, fast action, humor, wit, and two main characters who were so flawed and human and yet so perfect for each other I couldn't help taking them deeply into my heart on the spot.

Lucky is such a cocky, sneery, vulnerable,
Ariana
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ariana by: Christelle
Lucky s certainly one hell of a grouchy a*****e, but you kind of know that someone much softer and more vulnerable hides behind the facade he is keeping up so successfully.

But Bo isn't taking any of Lucky's BS, challenging him left, right and centre from the very beginning. Their verbal fights are snarky and fun, even though you do feel like punching Lucky at times.

I love books where badass, grumpy guys show their gooey soft centre when they meet the right guy. Written with a lot of humour and
Simsala
Not a small amount of research went into this pleasantly laid back prescription-drug-smuggling mystery but I could have done without some of the medical lingo.
What made the book for me was the romance...and the character of Lucky!

Lucky Lucklighter - an ex-con working for the SNBD and unwillingly partnered with trainee Bo.
Cat and dog at first sight Lucky gleefully rubs his cocky pain-in-the-ass attidude in his new partners face - too bad he finds his match in Bo...the verbal fights between these
Josy
Great narration!! Can't wait for the rest of the series to come out in audio format!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn! I don't know why I waited so long to start this series because I really enjoyed the first book! I hope the rest of the series will be as awesome as this one!
Td
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All my buttons have been expertly pushed and I am a happy camper right now. A fascinating story in prescription pharmaceuticals which held my attention and interest throughout. Amazing characters in Lucky and Bo I absolutely adored and cared about, the side characters grabbed me as well. I enjoyed the shades of gray especially in the flashbacks making the the story feel more real and believable. The snark, the banter, the humor, the caring AND coffee aplenty! (view spoiler) ...more
Xing
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm feeling like a dork today and rated this upon my first reread: 4.222222... stars!

Richmond E. Lucklighter ("Lucky"). 35 years old. 5 foot, 6 inches in height. Ex-con who stole drug shipments in the past. Served 2 years in prison, but traded the remaining 8 years of jail time by working as a drug diversion consultant for the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau's (SNB) Department of Diversion Prevention and Control. He's vulgar, cocky, loves to piss people off, and always has the last word in a
Fani *loves angst*
One of the best books I read recently. Not without flaws and Bo's character especially wasn't always consistent throughout the story, but I enjoyed it anyway so I can easily dismiss it. Plus, it kind of reminded me of the Cut & Run series which were a favorite of mine, and now that it's over, I like that I have a new series to read in their place.

This ends with a HFN and can be read as a stand alone. However, I look forward to reading the second book asap.
Mandapanda
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: various-romance
A really engrossing m/m romance that takes the reader into the world of prescription drug smuggling. The story is told from 'Lucky' Lucklighter's POV. He has traded in the last few years of a prison sentence to help the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau investigate and capture commercial drug traffickers. He only has a couple of months to go and his boss has hired a newbie, Bo, to replace him. Lucky has to teach him the ropes while they work undercover to take down a crooked pharmaceutical ...more
Ami

I am contemplating between giving this 3.5 and 4 stars. The things that go in favor for this book are:

*> "Lucky" Lucklighter is one of the most annoyingly entertaining characters ever. He's so determined to make his replacement, newbie/former marine Bo Schollenberger crazy ... and at times, I must applaud Bo for his patience of not actually killing Lucky *lol*. Their verbal sparring is delicious to read. But Lucky is not a two-dimensional character; the revelation of his past is
Deeze
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite taking me so long to finsh, down to my reading mood and not the book, I really enjoyed Lucky's story.

This is how books should be writen. A good strong plot, interesting and amusing characters, a deep and moving back story, chemistry between the main characters and a HEA lol.

Lucky was such a lovely character with his tough guy facade, while Bo, bless him, was just an all round sweetie lol. I certainly wouldn't say no to maybe an extra little snippit. Maybe Lucky and Bo go visiting Luckys
MishyJo
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that a lot. I loved the narration. Darcy Stark is new to me but he did a great job. I loved that I got 3 audiobooks for just one credit. The plot was different than any I’ve read before. On to book 2!!
Ele
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.75 stars*

Steph
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really great surprise.
I had been dying to read a new M/M series. Something sexy, clever and a little fun too, and this book definitely fit the bill.

The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because the storyline was moving a little too slowly for me for a while. Bar that, it was amazing.

I absolutely loved Lucky even though he is definitely an asshole sometimes. I lost count of the times he made me laugh out loud.

'Lucky peered at Bo's ass while humming Black Eyed Peas' My
Jenna
Seems I'm pretty lonely in my dislike of this book, but I'm ok with that. It didn't work for me for several reasons. The first problem was the characters. I couldn't stand Lucky and I didn't like Bo either. Their entire interactions for the first half of the book were constant childish bickering rather than entertaining banter. I like smartass characters, but Lucky was just an ass without the clever humor. Bo wasn't anything special either. After they hooked up, they didn't act like squabbling ...more
Day-thief
This had all the ingredients for a good book: law enforcement, antagonistic MCs forced to live together, and an unusual setting.

But nothing ever really meshed together: the self-proclaimed "sniping banter" was really tame and seldom funny, our two Alpha men cried on each others shoulder without much prodding, and the sex felt rushed and carelessly described. Lucky's decision at the end wasn't well explained and thus seemed totally random.

The writing was ok, though.
Val Kovalin
Diversion is a stunningly successful blend of romantic comedy and thriller, centering on Lucky, a young gay Southern man who works for a regional version of the Drug Enforcement Administration in exchange for a reduced prison sentence.

He steals truckloads of pharmaceutical drugs to identify and strengthen the weaknesses in security procedures. He also infiltrates smuggling rings, which is how he meets Bo, his attractive new partner. Bo is a pharmacist with PTSD from the Iraq War, which once led
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
4 Strong Stars...What a ride... Bumpy, but NEVERTHELESS, good!

Snarky Lucky, needs some love and it was ever so Sweeeeeeet!

The Book~

Lucky...hummm, he was irritating, some of his snarky remarks were not bad, but,were irritating at times~he was okay, the story line was a little bumpy, hard for me to get into, but....

Gosh, , I really, really liked Bo, he was great, although I couldn't really see him as a Marine guy. Nevertheless I liked his persona he was so freakin adorable, and he uses the same
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
BR Heather and Christelle 46 9 Aug 14, 2017 01:35PM

• Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Shades of Gray
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Guilt by Association (Hazard and Somerset, #4)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Bone to Pick (Digging Up Bones, #1)
  • Bargaining with the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1.4)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
You will know Eden Winters by her distinctive white plumage and exuberant cry of “Hey, y’all!” in a Southern US drawl so thick it renders even the simplest of words unrecognizable. Watch out, she hugs!

Driven by insatiable curiosity, she possibly holds the world’s record for curriculum changes to the point that she’s never quite earned a degree but is a force to be reckoned with at Trivial Pursuit.

Diversion (7 books)
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • Corruption (Diversion #3)
  • Manipulation (Diversion #4)
  • Redemption (Diversion #5)
  • Reunion (Diversion, #6)
  • Suspicion (Diversion #7)
“Lucky bit down on his tongue before, "You're so full of shit I'm surprised your eyes aren't brown," clawed its way out of his mouth.” 2 likes
“A pleasure meeting you, too, Mr. Lucklighter. Next time, try to speak English. I'm afraid my Neanderthal is a little rusty.” 1 likes