Start by marking “Shorefall (Founders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shorefall (Founders, #2)

Shorefall

(The Founders Trilogy #2)

The upstart firm Foundryside is struggling to make it. Orso Igancio and his star employee, former thief Sancia Grado, are accomplishing brilliant things with scriving, the magical art of encoding sentience into everyday objects, but it's not enough. The massive merchant houses of Tevanne won't tolerate competition, and they're willing to do anything to crush Foundryside.

Expected publication: April 21st 2020 by Jo Fletcher Books

Start your review of Shorefall (Founders, #2)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Some of you have yet to read this series about heists and found families and morally fraudulent characters and the ills of capitalism and I think that's on par with a Shakespearean tragedy. Please fix that!

This was a very smartly crafted sequel. Robert Jackson Bennett has more tricks up his sleeve than any other author I can think of; just when I think he could not possibly expand his world any more, or take me by surprise, he proves me wrong. Full review to come.
Petrik
ARC provided by the publisherDel Reyin exchange for an honest review.

Shorefall is mind-bending great; Robert Jackson Bennett once again proved himself that he is a precious gift for the SFF genre.

I feel like there needs to be a new genre classification for Robert Jackson Bennetts books, an urban fantasy? Check. High fantasy? Check. Sci-fi? Check. Urban high SFF it is. Yes, it is always a safe bet to read Bennetts books when youre in need of a refreshing, fabulous, and incredible read that brims
jessica
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when there is a lot going on in the world thats easy to complain about, i find it important to remain positive and be grateful for the small things. like the fact that i was given an ARC of this and it fully met all of my very high expectations.

this series is something else. ive said it before, but this is the PERFECT fantasy series for those who dont like fantasy or are wanting to get more into the genre. its a very subtle magical system - it plays a great part in the story, but it doesnt
Miranda Reads
Jan 21, 2020 is currently reading it
description
A huge thank you to the author for sending me a free copy in exchange for an honest review
Ginger
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020
ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley.

Wow!! 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This book was epic and mind boggling.

Shorefall is the second book in the Founders series and its just as good as the 1st book! Not only is the writing amazing, but the characterization in this book is fantastic.

Shorefall starts off 2-3 years after Foundryside.
Sancia, Berenice, Orso and Gregory have founded their own scriving business. They're using the technology to better serve the poor and needy
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
[February 25, 2020]

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!! I have an ARC!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!! Someone halp me, I'm having trouble breathing and stuff!!!!!

Ah, that's much better, thank thee kindly and stuff. So? Where were we? Oh yes. I have an ARC!!!!!!!!!!! Let's dance and stuff.

(view spoiler)

[September 21, 2019]

Bloody shrimping hell of the stinking fish, it's been pushed back to APRIL 2020!

[September 2019]

A scrumpacilious cover we have!! Quite scrumpacilious it is!!!

[March 23, 2019
Bradley
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is AWESOME!

No spoilers, no matter how much I want to go on and on about all the great things in this sequel, but I can say a few things.

If you loved how so many wonderful magical goodnesses came out of the magic system in Foundryside, how they could all argue reality out of commission, find new loopholes, reprogram it again, and do it all while being one of the biggest magical heists in modern fantasy, you will totally FREAK OUT when you see Shorefall.

Foundryside was all kinds of awesome
Dave
Prepare to have your mind blown to smithereens. Shorefall, the second book in Bennett's Founders series, takes the story and the ideas first posited in Foundryside and doesn't just build on them, but blasts those ideas to the stratosphere. This is a thrilling, engaging, exciting sequel that takes the reader on a strange journey through one of the most unique fantasy worlds ever created.

Tevanne is a city state in this world which is built on the sea and has numerous canals and mountains. It
Hacen
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received from NetGalley
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Oh Shorefall, how short have you fallen ( I think I'm so clever). My expectations for this book were higher than high. I kept checking the release date, kept waiting for cover reveal and when I got an ARC for this I literally screamed (happy screams, happy screams).

And now that I have read it - I have very mediocre feelings about it. Because that's what this was - mediocre. Like lukewarm tea, you have to finish because you don't want to waste it.

Ok, that was a bit dramatic, and don't get me
Adam
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a critical and crushing thing, perspective is

Robert Jackson Bennett is in both an enviable and a difficult situation. Hes one of the most imaginative writers in fantasy today, but that carries a sky-high level of expectation that can be difficult to meet. His latest book, Shorefall, is the second book of the Founders trilogy, and often the middle book of any trilogy is the weakest, so I admit to having some trepidation before starting it. I could not fathom how Bennett could improve upon
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

CW: violence, blood, gore, war, and deception

If I thought the first book was intense, nothing compared me for this one. I was legit sitting at my desk for a few minutes trying to realize what I read at the end and that this is going to be one hell of a book series, as if it wasn't already.

I'll likely have spoilers for the first book since this takes place three years after the events of the first book.

So, the whole gang is
Kathryn Speckels (Metaphors and Miscellanea)
Me, finding out I got approved for the ARC of this on NetGalley: YES OH MY GOD FINALLY IT'S HERE I LOVED FOUNDRYSIDE GIVE ME MORE

Me, shortly thereafter, realizing it's been over a year since I read the first one and I've forgotten some pieces of how it ended and can't find a recap anywhere online and am now afraid to start this one: well, this is just scrumming* fantastic.

* well, if nothing else, apparently I remembered this universe's profanity, so there's that.
AJ
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He looked up into his mothers beaming face. I have died for this. And I will gladly die again.

I received and ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Ladies and gentleman, hes done it again! I had never heard of this author before I read foundryside but now I plan to read more of his books. I stayed up late for 2 nights reading this book because I couldnt put it down!

This book starts off with action and is wonderfully paced! More amazing magic, more of the unique,
Dianne
An incredibly imaginative and dramatic tale of fantasy, turmoil and magic like you have never seen, SHOREFALL by Robert Jackson Bennett is chaos at its fiercest.

It will be up to one small time thief and a group of unlikely heroes to save the town, the people and the lives they live as one deadly and menacing evil returns on a mission of inhalation.

Magic like you have never seen, no simple whip of a wand, no wiggle of a nose, this tale is brilliantly intricate, richly detailed and riveting from
Alaina
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, Shorefall took forever to get through. So much happened in this one and I'm not sure how I'm still handling/processing everything. The ending was such a damn cliffhanger and now I'm left with endless questions! I'm hoping a certain someone isn't dead and maybe just slightly injured??

Besides hoping, again, so much happened in this book. Thankfully this sequel didn't get hit with the horrible second book syndrome.
Yodamom
Jan 10, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I got the ARC !!!! I'm rereading Foundryside book #1-re-loving the adventure. Then I'll start this precious beast !
I feel so greedy, I get to read it early :P if you read book one you understand

Mwhahahahhahahaha

Yodamom
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a twisted scribed magical fiendish web of deceit the author has woven. I just finished and feel like I need to catch my breath. Im still hanging off the side of the cliffhanger ending. Everything was a question with unknown answers, with lies, truthful answers that could be twisted to seem other. You think you know, they thought they knew but could you know if you have been lied to ? But, which are the lies ?
Oh it is intense, there was some serious power struggles going on. Power rearing
maya
Mar 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I GOT AN ARC

IM IN QUARANTINE BUT AT LEAST YOU GAVE ME THIS

🙏🙌

Christine Sandquist (eriophora)
Bennett upped the stakes considerably in this sequel, and has included some truly creative and engaging uses for scriving. A wonderful follow up! Full review to come!
Jon Adams
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RTC, but it was fabulous. Thanks Netgalley, I'm keeping my pre-order going...
Sophie
Why has this been pushed back from the end of Feb to the 21st of April ? Whyyyyyy
Bonnie
I haven't anticipated a book so badly in YEARS.

Rowan
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My mans Robert Jackson Bennett really chugged gallons of the respecting gay women and giving them amazing character development juice 20/10 stars ...more
Patrick
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

This review is mostly spoiler-free as to this book. Since its a sequel, I will discuss spoilers of the first book as its hard not to, but I will keep my discussion of specifics for this book confined to the first 20% or so. If you havent read the first book, I recommend you stop reading this (and go read it!).

Shorefall picks up three years after the events of Foundryside. Our main characters, Sancia, Gregor, Berenice, and Orso, the Foundrysiders, have established their own scriving house
Carrie
All in all, a less exciting follow-up to the terrific Foundryside. Sancia remains a fantastic character, although her inability to put two and two together regarding her physical health was strikingly out of character. This book seems to have fallen afoul of 2nd-book-in-a-trilogy syndrome, with many pieces being arranged in order to move the characters and plot along to where the author wants/needs them to be for the big finale. And unfortunately for me, I'm not that excited by that direction. ...more
T ❄
Aug 28, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Robert Jackson Bennett himself could knock on my door and punch me in the face and it would hurt less than this wait.

I dont know how I am expected to wait until 2020 for this book. I have never anticipated a book so highly. Help me.
Rusty
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a free eARC of this in exchange for an unbiased review.
This picks up the story of Sancia and her Foundryside compatriots three years after the events of Foundryside. Sancia, Orso, Berenice and Gregor have worked to establish a free guild of scrivers not beholden to any of the major campos. They are ready to set off their big idea to bring down the campos from within when the worst happens, Ofelia Dandolo brings back a hierophant. The rest of the novel deals with their attempts to
Lesa Divine
Dec 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: april-2020-tbr
I enjoyed part 1 Foundryside. So now can't wait to read book 2 in August.
Rachel
Jan 06, 2020 marked it as interested
Juuuust got an ARC of this one. Which clearly means I need to get cracking and reread Foundryside. Gah, I love this universe.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • The Ranger of Marzanna (The Goddess War, #1)
  • Sixteenth Watch
  • Тайна таежной деревни (Нормальное аномальное)
  • The Essence of Malice (Amory Ames #4)
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Atomka (Franck Sharko, #5)
  • Crashing Heaven (Station #1)
  • The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3)
  • The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7)
  • The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2)
  • The Kingdom of Liars (The Legacy of the Mercenary King, #1)
  • The Art of Rivalry: Four Friendships, Betrayals, and Breakthroughs in Modern Art
  • The Only Good Indians
  • The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • The Devil's Rose
Robert Jackson Bennett is a two-time award winner of the Shirley Jackson Award for Best Novel, an Edgar Award winner for Best Paperback Original, and is also the 2010 recipient of the Sydney J Bounds Award for Best Newcomer, and a Philip K Dick Award Citation of Excellence. City of Stairs was shortlisted for the Locus Award and the World Fantasy Award. City of Blades was a finalist for the 2015 ...more

The Founders Trilogy (2 books)
  • Foundryside (Founders, #1)