Start by marking “Perdimos nuestro camino” as Want to Read:
Perdimos nuestro camino

Perdimos nuestro camino

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  9,470 ratings  ·  1,641 reviews
Freya es una cantante al borde de la fama, cuando a mitad de la grabación de su álbum de debut, pierde la voz. Si no puede descubrir pronto lo que ocurre, perderá su carrera, sus fans y todo lo que ha sacrificado, o traicionado, por llegar a donde está.

Harun es un estudiante afligido a punto de cometer una traición de por vida o defraudar a su familia, que significa todo p
Published November 5th 2018 by Puck (first published March 27th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Perdimos nuestro camino, please sign up.
Mandi This is Gayle's writing style. She has done this in the past with her other books, specifically in 2011 with Just One Day. So it isn't a new thing. I…moreThis is Gayle's writing style. She has done this in the past with her other books, specifically in 2011 with Just One Day. So it isn't a new thing. I think you have to be in the mood for the all in one day theme. :) Some authors can make it work really well, Gayle is one of them. (less)

·  9,470 ratings  ·  1,641 reviews

Emily May
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I'm writing this review immediately after finishing because I am on such an emotional high right now. I thought this was such a beautiful, sad, sweet book.

To be honest, I requested an arc of I Have Lost My Way only because I've liked some books by Gayle Forman in the past. But that was it. The blurb hadn't particu
Lola
‘‘You gonna be okay,’’ she says.
‘‘How can you know that?’’ Harun asks.
“When a broken bone heals, it’s stronger than it was before the break,’’ she replies. “Same holds true for broken hearts.’’

Better than I Was Here and Just One Day, but not quite as wonderful and memorable as If I Stay and its companion novel.

Gayle Forman does not write to impress. Her writing style is simple, though effective and even lyrical at times. But I can share with you a list of at least fifty other authors whose wr
C.G. Drews
This is a little blue bundle of emotional destruction. I actually had NO idea what this new Forman book was about, but I really love If I Stay (I sniffled a bit ok, I do have feelings apparently) and this one had that same emotional ruuuuin. So that was GREAT. However there are a few things that make me a bit uncomfortable about it?? But we'll get to that.

Also sHOUT OUT to the UK/AUS cover because it absolutely resembles my headphones when I put them in my pocket for two seconds.

+ It's basically
Elyse Walters
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I marvel at Gayle Forman’s clear-eye and heartbreaking complex depiction of the fierce, flawed, lovable people at this novel’s heart. ....

This novel takes place in one day. These marvelous character’s tell their stories- each painfully struggling alone.
The stories then get stitched together...a reminder that we are all connected.

The late teen years can be daunting.
Hallelujah for authors like Gayle Forman writing books like this!!!!
Berit☀️✨
4 CharacterDriven Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This was a book filled with amazing characters....Freya meets Nathaniel after falling off a bridge and landing on top of him...Harun is a witness to the fall and so the friendship between the three of them begins... I realize this seems like an unlikely way to meet, but it really worked in this book....

Freya is an emerging singer who has lost her voice....Harun is gay and more than just a little afraid to come out to his parents.... Nathaniel is just a lost boy who wi
Elena
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Gayle Forman is quite famously well-known for her If I Stay duology and while I have been the reader that watches the movie, I have not read the book nor its sequel. I seem to realize now that I've been missing out on her work, actually. Although 3 stars do not represent I loved the book, I think there were only
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by Penguin Random House)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Freya is a 19 yr. old singer who is living in New York, and recording her debut album. She’s on the verge of being famous when she suddenly loses her singing voice. Her life goes from constantly working in the studio to endless doctor appointments. She was on her way to becoming a star, and now she wonders if the world will still love her if she can’t sing anymore. She feels like she’s lost her way, like the person she was no longer exists.

Harun w
Dannii Elle
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
About three years ago I discovered the online book community. I devoured every popular YA author I had missed in my absence and Gayle Forman was one of them. I had, before this point, read largely thrillers and classics and had little-to-no knowledge of the young adult genre, beyond the names of Suzanne Collins and Veronica Roth. I delved into this unknown realm of literature and sampled from all genres and authors without discrimination. Or, so I thought. But the discrimination was that each of ...more
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
I really liked this, the characters were so deep and wonderful, and there's some great representation too!

The one thing is, that I wish it was a little longer. It didn't quite seem resolved at the end, everything just felt way too open for my liking. Maybe just an extra 20-30 pages at the end, or an epilogue haha
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

Have you ever lost your way? I have. I don't mean those times when I needed to stop and ask for directions when I was trying to find a location although I have certainly been that kind of lost. I am referring to the kind of lost where your life has hit a point and you can't think of what to do next. Those times that you have no idea where you can even go from where you are. I have lost my way. More than once. I am happy to say that e
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
(Borderline 3 stars)

T/W- Suicide, Homophobia

I do credit If I Stay (written by the same author) as one of the main books that got me into blogging and reviewing books. I really enjoyed reading that book first as a fourteen year old and then again at sixteen. In 2015, I read another novel I Was Here which I found overall to be slightly underwhelming and so, worried that maybe I wasn't going to enjoy any other books written by Gayle. I am happy that I did have the opportunity to read it through a p
Schizanthus
Trigger Warnings for mental health, abandonment, suicide, and homophobia.

I Have Lost My Way is one of those books you need to savour. At the beginning of this book I didn’t know any of the characters, just as Freya, Nathaniel and Harun didn’t know one another. Yet as their stories unfolded I saw myself in each of them and began to feel like one of their people. I don’t think it matters with this book if you can relate personally to any of the character’s specific circumstances and why they find
Mandy White
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Oh my heart! What an emotional story this is. Just loved it!

3 strangers collide in Central Park New York. 3 people who are all dealing with problems in their lives. Over the course of the day these 3 people learn so much about each other and themselves. Their stories and situations will tear at the heart strings and have you pulling for them to get through it. They are nothing alike at first glance but looks can be deceiving..

A beautiful story of friendships and being honest with yourself. Gayle
Thomas

I loved Gayle Forman's books as a teen, so of course I had to check this one out - and it did not disappoint. I Have Lost My Way follows three teens: Freya, an up-and-coming celebrity singer who has lost her voice, Harun, a closeted gay Pakistani-American, and Nathaniel, who ran away to New York with a misguided plan. At first three strangers, their paths cross and their lives intertwine in a way that will change each of their individual trajectories forever.

Forman shines when she write
Tatiana
Apr 22, 2018 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2, 2018, ya, starred-2018
I think I am officially over Gale Forman’s kind of sentimental fiction.
Suzanne
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful little story about friendship, family, and honestly acceptance on so many different degrees. I really enjoyed reading this book and the characters are so amazingly written. They have depth and all three are going through something vastly different in their lives. It was great to read their stories but also see them come together and really be there for each other. Also it is easy to get into their stories because they are very likable.

My quick and simple overall: wonderful
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 3/5

*I recieved an e-ARC from Penguin Publishing Group, through NetGalley & Edelweiss, in exchange for an honest review*

”They may be complete strangers, with different lives and different problems but there in the examination room, they are measuring sadness the same way. They are measuring it in loss”

This was quite different from Gayle Forman’s Other books. The story is told from 3 POVs, which I enjoyed.But the writting wasn’t compelling so It took me a while to really get invested
Trina (Between Chapters)
3.5, but maybe 4?

What I didn't like:
-We're inundated with background for all 3 characters before the story gets going, and before I knew them well enough to care yet.
-Forman switched from first person to third person pretty often. I was listening to the audio so I'm not sure if the print book would enlighten me as to why certain chapters were 1st vs 3rd, but it seemed very random on audio and was kind of jolting.
-There are 3 narrators for the audiobook and they also seemed to jump in randomly. N
Maddie
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Gayle Forman book since Just One Day that I read...five years ago! I had no idea what to expect because that book didn't make any impressions on me at all, but this? I loved it!

The three perspectives were balanced perfectly, and no character felt more prominent than the others. They each had a conflict in the present timeline, but the thing they had 'lost' acted as the foundation of their backstory, so even though you're only with these characters for less than 300 pages, it fe
Aj the Ravenous Reader

For an angsty YA novel, I Have Lost My Way is not bad at all. There is diversity and profound themes with three main characters giving color to the story. It’s whimsically told and honestly a bit unbelievable but it was still a gripping read. I just thought it ended too soon when there were still so many things that needed to be discussed and issues explored. But as it is, I think it’s a huge change and improvement on the writing abilities of the author and it’s definitely a worthwhile YA read i
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
This was an extremely interesting, emotional, and diverse read. For those who like deep and meaningful novels similar to John Green and Adam Silvera, I highly recommend this book.

This story is very character driven and I found myself becoming deeply invested rather quickly in the characters of Freya, Nathaniel, and Harun. Each of their individual stories were relatable and heartbreaking, allowing me to sympathize with them greatly.

I found the overall novel unpredictable and full of suspense and
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars

I read this one on the Eurostar the day before meeting Gayle Forman at YALC London. It was a bad idea as I ended crying on the train and my teenage daughter thinking “What the Hell mom! I SO don’t know you!”

The day after, at the discussion panel about friendship in YA books Gayle was extremely pleased to learn that I cried because she is an evil woman! Or rather because she loves crying while writing and think a day without crying is a lost day.

stitch

But I digress because ….what’s this st
Maria Espadinha
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life meetings under Disguise

F - an almost Famous singer who recently lost her voice
H - an Homosexual with a broken heart
N - a wanderer, with No A plans nor Bs

3 strangers, 3 (no)walks in life.
What do they have in common?
Lost - each of them is out of track

An absent-minded F walks on a bridge at Central Park, stumbles ... and falls on top of a passing by N.
H watches the accident and runs towards the scene just to be of some assistance.

Life creates accidents to join the ones who need each other for
kippen (uponthepages)
- Hardcover
- 304 pages
- Published on March 27th, 2018
- Viking Books for Young Readers

my rating: ★★★/★★★★★ (3.5 stars)

I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

**if any, spoilers WILL be hidden**

p.s. there's a lot of great representation in here!
- lgbt+ muslim pov
- mixed pov mc
- sc pov with depression?

*TW FOR MENTIONED SUICIDE*

“They may be complete strangers, with different lives and different problems, but there in that examination room, they are measur
Emer (A Little Haze)
I think there's a difference between a book with an open ending and one that feels unfinished. This book feels very unresolved. In many ways it also feels like the story never really got going. I enjoyed reading the book but I had too many questions. I didn't ever fully believe in the connection between Freya, Nathaniel and Harun. I certainly didn't believe in the love story between Freya and Nathaniel.

It was nicely written, had a good pace, interesting premise... But I just didn't ever believe
Sharon Metcalf
I Have Lost My Way is the latest YA novel by award winning author Gayle Forman.        It was a quick read and one I enjoyed a great deal although  I readily admit I have a soft spot for this genre.

The story alternated between Freya, Harun and Nathaniel, three wildly different characters with one thing in common - they each feel bereft at recent life shattering events and can't help feeling they've lost their way in life.    Freya has been on the fast track to musical fame but her voice
Stacee
This was heartbreaking and amazing, but it's Gayle, so that wasn't surprising.

I loved Freya, Harun, and Nathaniel. They're all going through something and it's devastating in their world. Their grief and sadness and uncertainty somehow makes the three of them meet at a time when they all needed it and there is a day of serendipity that follows. There are a few other secondary characters, mostly family members, but the story is firmly focused on the main three.

Plot wise, it was a bit to settle i
Kristy
Freya, Harun, and Nathaniel. Three very different individuals whose paths are about to collide in New York City. Freya is an aspiring singer who has just lost her voice. Harun is running away-literally-from his loving, yet overbearing family. And Nathaniel is coming to New York following a misguided plan. Soon Freya will fall off a bridge and fatefully bring the three together. Each feels lost and alone in this giant city. Will accidentally finding each other change that?

I very much love Gayle
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
3.5 Stars

I have been a fan of Gayle Forman for a while now, and I have been dying to read I Have Lost My Way since it was first announced. The story focuses on three characters who meet because of an accident, and I enjoyed each of them. However, the plot is hard to believe, and I had a hard time getting into it. Compared to Forman’s other books, I Have Lost My Way just doesn’t compare.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Rose
Gayle Forman's novels tend to be hit and miss with me, depending on the subject matter and emotional resonance. This novel had a lot of things that I liked and appreciated for what they offered, but ultimately, I wasn't overly into "I Have Lost My Way". I'm trying to sift through my thoughts so I'll give myself a night to sleep on it, but it's looking around 3 stars for an overall rating. I thought each of the characters had compelling circumstances and stories, but I don't know if I was enthus ...more
Time Out Book Club: July Food theme 5 6 Jul 10, 2019 10:53PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman - Restarting April 6th 2019 29 73 Apr 08, 2019 11:08AM
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong cover I Have Lost My Way 4 22 Oct 30, 2018 01:46AM
Young Adult Conte...: #14 I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman 7 16 Apr 09, 2018 03:28PM
Book Review 1 7 Mar 18, 2018 04:44PM

• Capricious (Ella #2)
  • Ketchup on Everything
  • If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say
  • A Flicker in the Clarity
Award-winning author and journalist Gayle Forman has written several bestselling novels for young adults, including the Just One Series, I Was Here, Where She Went and the #1 New York Times bestseller If I Stay, which has been translated into more than 40 languages and in 2014 was adapted into a major motion picture.

Gayle published Leave Me, her first novel starring adults in 2016 and her latest
“They may be complete strangers, with different lives and different problems, but there in that examination room they are measuring sadness the same way. They are measuring it in loss.” 16 likes
“To be the holder of other people's loss is to be the keeper of their love. To share your loss with people is another way of giving your love.” 11 likes