Start by marking “Tony Plumb and the Moles of Ellodian” as Want to Read:
Tony Plumb and the Moles of Ellodian

Tony Plumb and the Moles of Ellodian

If your mind housed a spy, what secrets would it spill?

Harbouring troubling memories of time in care, Tony struggles to keep his mind on track. Prone to episodes in ‘Madsville’ and bombarded by thought chariots carrying unwanted baggage from the past, he’s smuggled to Ellodian by the rule dodging social worker, Ms Bendy Leggett.

At this spooky, curious, underground facility
Published November 28th 2018 by Matador

Start your review of Tony Plumb and the Moles of Ellodian
Loyal Lyre
JANUARY'S BOOK OF THE MONTH - LOYAL-LYRE.UK

'It seems the cooler the name, the worse its been. A True Home for Children with Difficulties, more like A Truly Difficult Home for Children.'

Everybody seems to know who Tony Plumb is, even the boy at the bus stop, except Tony Plumb himself. Stuck in the care system since five years old, he knows his parents jumped off a waterfall, but it seems the deeper truth about why he’s there has been kept from him, and he’s never been found a real foster fami
Mackenzie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
"All I want is the truth, I want the truth.

'I'm thirteen,' he said out loud. Shoppers eyed him and hurried on. 'I'm thirteen and I have a right to know. I have a right to know. Hey,' he said to no-one in particular, 'wouldn't you want to know if someone said your parents had jumped off a waterfall? Wouldn't you want to know why?'"

Tony Plumb and the Moles of Ellodian is an interesting middle-grade/YA book. I can safely say I have not read a book with a similar plot or something that has kept me g
Louise Plant
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book aimed at children... I think it's a crossover.
Fast-paced, rollercoaster journey in the life of a young boy who seeks to find the truth about himself and his family. The plot is gripping and complex and I felt drawn along with the main protagonist on his journey. I was repeatedly tipped into wholly believable scenarios, only to discover all was not as I believed it to be.
A good read for all who want to question their assumptions about what is real and what is not.

Tony Plumb and th
Mrs Mary
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How many of us know what a 13 year old boy might experience, struggling as he is with the deceits and secrets of his dysfunctional background? J.M. Smith skilfully navigates us through the labyrinth of Tony's convoluted thoughts, trying with him to unravel the threads. Reminiscent of Alice's Wonderland, Tony's world takes the reader on a helter skelter ride to find the truth. This is more of a voyage than a book, and it's a journey well worth making.
Miss Suffield
Feb 20, 2019
Kate
Jan 05, 2020
J M
marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2018
J.M. Smith
Nov 28, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa
marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2019

• Undone (The Guardians, #1)
  • The Ghosts of Glenaster (The Glenaster Chronicles #3)
  • A Dance of Lies (The Outlands Pentalogy #4)
  • Veil of Thorns (Skydancer #2)
  • The Witch of Glenaster (The Glenaster Chronicles #1)
  • The Temptation of Dragons (Penny White #1)
  • The Unicorn Throne (The Four Kingdoms #2)
  • A Touch of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy #1)
  • Ingrid, The Viking Maiden (Viking Maiden Series Book 1)
  • A History of Madness (The Outlands Pentalogy #2)
  • Because of Him (Fortunate #1)
  • A Promise of Return (The Outlands Pentalogy #3)
  • The Widow's Thorn (The Glenaster Chronicles #2)
  • The Dragon Throne (The Four Kingdoms #1)
  • Something Real (Fortunate #2)
  • A Time of Prophecy (The Outlands Pentalogy #5)
  • Rain of Ash (Skydancer #1)
  • Grendel's Mother
Librarian Note: There are more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

News & Interviews