Start by marking “Playing for Keeps” as Want to Read:
Playing for Keeps

Playing for Keeps

Matt is worried! Their relationship is in trouble. Cassie has been begging him to add role-play to their lovemaking, but the kind of role Cassie wants him to play leaves him cold. When he discovers her stash of erotic romance novels, he comes to suspect that what she really wants is dominance.

Matt takes Cassie away for the weekend to celebrate her birthday. She is disappoi
ebook
Published by Black Velvet Seductions (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Playing for Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing for Keeps

Joseph Sciuto
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sex, more sex, kinky sex, domination and submission, anal sex, more sex, kinky sex. I imagine, you get the point. Ms. Horsfall does not leave much to the imagination, but that being said her book, "Playing for Keeps" kept me reading and interested throughout. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and read it in one sitting.
Heather Lane
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: Natasha Bennett
HOLY SMOKES!!!

Glenda has nailed it on her first novel.. In Playing for Keeps the sex scenes are absolutely HOTTT!!!

Cassie and Matt have been dating for a while and are generally happy; except Cassie wants to spice things up in the bedroom and Matt wants no part of it. Matt wants to satisfy Cassie in every way possible so he plans a trip which Cassie is not so thrilled with what she believes is planned for her birthday trip away.

Cassie never dreamed that Matt would take her away to a BDSM club
Angela
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How far would you go to spice up your love life? Would you reveal your darkest fantasies or would you continue to live in the shadow of who you really are? Playing For Keeps tells just that story.

Cassie and Matt have reached a cross-roads in their relationship. She wants Matt to push his sexual boundaries but will his reluctance to give Cassie what she wants cost him her heart?

After a disastrous first attempt at satisfying Cassie's needs, Matt takes things into his own hands and in doing so open
Sassy Southern
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crapola this book is an HOTT 5 stars. After reading this book you will need your husband or new batteries lol! Matt is worried is relationship is in trouble,Cassie wants him to role play in the bedroom but he's not comfortable with the roles she wants him to play. Cassie doesn't know how to tell Matt in so many words exactly what she wants. So to try to get a better understanding Matt takes some of her romance novels she's always talking about. So he thinks he's figured out what she needs b ...more
Mayra Statham
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy mother of chocolate cupcakes!!!

This story is captivating, endearing and steamy!!!

Cassie and Matt have been dating for a while. Cassie is trying to spice up their relationship but slightly embarrassed to ask for what she exactly wants. Matt feels silly trying out the role playing that Cassie keeps suggesting.

Instead of this becoming a bigger rift in thier relationship than it is, Matt decides to give things an open minded try. What happens is extraordinary!

Like I said it's a steamy book, not
Ursula (Teddy)
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this is an explicitly exciting read, good main characters with fitting secondary characters. Well paced, with well written examples in BDSM for the characters. This breathtaking read promises and delivers sensualism, eagerness, titillation, indulgence and fulfilment.

Cassie is looking to add some excitement to her relationship with boyfriend Matt. Communication appears to be a measure of difficulty between them, generating confusion and doubt in both Cassie and Matt for the future of their r
Lustful Literature
Tara's 2 Star Review

Cassie wanted to spice up her love life with Matt. When she suggests role playing, Matt is less then enthusiastic about her ideas of spicing things up. Feeling like he is on the verge of losing her, Matt takes Cassie away for a weekend and shows her he can be something other then "vanilla" in the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jacintha
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended by a friend, I read this book in one sitting and was taken by surprise that this was a debut novel. From a new author, that's saying a lot. By the time I finished the book, I craved for more and wished Horsfall had more books on her shelf!

Back to the book...

Playing for Keeps is a book about communication and trust between partners. The chemistry between Matt and Cassie sizzled to new dimensions when Cassie spices up their sex life with role play. Although uncomfortable with the idea
Heather
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first read a short story from Glenda Horsfall in a book of short stores called Masquerade. I really enjoyed the Dom/sub theme in her short story which prompted me to buy this book.

Playing For Keeps explores the dynamics between a young couple as they experiment with role-playing in their relationship. It is not without some struggles as the couple explores Dom/sub role-playing. They are committed to making their relationship work during their sexual exploration. And yes, the sex is really hawt
C.P. Mandara
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassie is a little unhappy with her sex life. She wants to inject a little bit of spice into her routine with role play, but this is not for Matt. The idea of playing shady characters, even if they are just make believe, doesn't sit well with him and he can't summon up the enthusiasm to play his part. Things are all looking pretty dreadful until he gets his hands on a book and discovers the tenets of BDSM.

From that moment forward, Matt is in charge and it's Cassie who is going to have the ride o
J.A. Melville
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, now when my relationship gets a bit old and stale, we'd probably just go out for dinner. When Matt and Cassie's relationship has fallen a bit flat, well to her at least in the bedroom, Matt gives her a surprise to end all surprises. He books them into a BDSM club and while he's finding his inner Dom, she's learning she's got a submissive nature.
The sex in this book was hot and steamy. There was plenty of hot sex, enough to have me screaming for the young toned man in a loin cloth to come f
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
For this to be the first book by this author I must say that I am thoroughly pleased. I really enjoyed this book and I hated for it to end. I love it when a new author can come out and write a book that you have no choice but to love. I loved Matt and Cassie and the chemistry that they had. I loved the fact that although Matt never agrees with the way that Cassie wanted things eventually he got into it and decided that this is something that he would like to do full time. I also loved the fact t ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a really great debut novel.

This is the story of Cassie and Matt. Cassie wants to spice things up in the bedroom. Matt decides to take Cassie away to a bdsm club for a weekend. 1-click to read what happens.

This is a really steamy and hot read. If you enjoy bdsm stories then this is the one for you.
Jana Petken
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is very good debut novel by an author with talent.

Matt attempts to spice up Cassie's love life and their relationship, by taking her away for a very unusual weekend.
This is an explicit sexual novel but it is also filled with an emotional message. How far would a man go to please a woman? How far would a woman allow her man to go, in the bedroom.

An impressive tale by Ms Horsfall.
Hunter Jones
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic
Great debut!
Natasha
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults interested in the pleasure life
The first thing people should know about "Playing for Keeps" by Glenda Horsfall is that it does have erotica in it. This is not for young or readers who like things light. From the start it starts talking about sex and continues on the subject all the way through. I chose this book to review because I am trying to write a romance myself and I wanted to see how another author wrote about love making. The sex scenes in "Playing for Keeps" can be a little crude, using words that other romance autho ...more
K.L. Loveley
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not my usual read, that's not to say I didn't read fifty shades along with other curious readers. However, this is a very well written debut novel, for which I would like to congratulate Glenda Horsfall.
This is a story that reinforces the importance of good communication in a relationship. Truth and honesty about the most intimate times in a couples life.
It is quite an eye opener in terms of the sub/dom world and at times took me by surprise.
Bookworm Betties
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Your wish is my command, Master.”

★✩★✩ 4- Be Careful What You Wish For ;) -Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

Not only was the night going down the tubes, he had a feeling their relationship was going to bottom out fairly soon unless he did something to save it. He didn't want their relationship to end. He knew he could make her happy again if she just gave him the chance.

Matt and Cassie have been together for awhile now, they are young and in love but they've hit a few snags in their
Jenn Green
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Your wish is my command, Master.”

★✩★✩ 4- Be Careful What You Wish For ;) -Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

Crystal Marie
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excuse me while I turn the fan on here, this book was sizzling hot. What do you do when the woman you love comes to you and says in so many words she is sexually frustrated? As a man this could be a huge blow to the ego. Would you try to figure out what she needs, even when her suggestions of role playing is absurd and you can’t see any way possible you can do it? Well Matt did what any man in love with his woman would do; he found her stash of romance novels and researched.
Cassie struggled to
Erin Lewis
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Star Review Playing For Keeps by Glenda Horsfall

I received this ARC for an honest review.

This is new author Glenda Horsfall’s debut novel. Cassie and Matt have been together for quite a while. In fact Matt is considering proposing, but there is one small problem. Cassie wants to introduce role play into their relationship while Matt sees no reason to and is strongly opposed to the roles Cassie wants him to play. This is causing issues between the two of them as they both struggle to understan
Catarina Swartz
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Playing for Keeps is a book about communicating what you want in a relationship. Cassie knows she loves Matt but wants to spice love life up with role plays. Matt isn't comfortable with the games Cassie wants because they make him feel sleazy.

Matt loves Cassie and only ever wants her to be happy. So he comes up with a special birthday surprise for her.

Together they discover the world of BDSM and take on the roles of Dom and Sub. Matt has a feeling Cassie has always wanted to be submissive but h
Cat Elliott
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book to review!
Wow!!
This is amazing! I only wish it was longer!
I loved the story, the characters, and of course the hot hot hot scenes!!
I loved noticing the change in Matt, or Master, during this book! It's interesting that it's mostly about Cassie finding what she really wants, and about her desires, yet I think a great deal of it was Matt discovering 'the real him' too! His character really came alive throughout the book, along with Cassies!
I can
Tara Santiago
2 Stars

The premise of this book could have been so much more. The "scenes" that these two test out do not fit into what they were intended to be, well not in this day and age anyway. This book felt dated to me. There were a few decent sex scenes, but I just could not connect with most of this book. I had high hopes for this story as I could relate to wanting to spice things up, but it just fell short for me on the delivery.

It's a very short book, only took me a little over an hour to read, it
Tristina Renken
I thought it was a great book to open your eyes to the sub/dom world, especially if your new to it. The details were not lacking when it came to the more hot/erotic scenes that will have your juices flowing. I love how Cassie's character realizes she likes being a sub, but only for Matt. That there was more to role-playing that she wanted but couldn't express because she's shy. Matt who was against role-playing, as he didn't want to be the sleaze-ball, ended up being very open to the dom role fo ...more
Stephen Douglass
Dec 08, 2014
Scandalous Book Blog
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Glenda Horsfall was born and brought up in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.

From an early age she was an avid reader. She became engrossed in reading romance novels in her early teens and promised herself that one day she would sit down and write her own.

That dream has now been achieved with the publication of her first novel 'Playing for Keeps'. A tale of Domination and submission, the story is al