Start by marking “Shadows and Night: A Reverse Harem Dark Fantasy (Children of Dark Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Shadows and Night: A Reverse Harem Dark Fantasy (Children of Dark Book 1)

Shadows and Night: A Reverse Harem Dark Fantasy (Children of Dark Book 1)

A reverse harem read! Recommended for ages 18+ as there is graphic content not suited for younger readers. Trigger warning for; sexual abuse.When the Gods of Light and Dark fell in love, the world shared the shadows and the light. And when their love had come to an end, the world was divided. And now, centuries later, their children carry on their Gods feud. The children o ...more
Published October 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Shadows and Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows and Night

Start your review of Shadows and Night: A Reverse Harem Dark Fantasy (Children of Dark Book 1)
Lauren Cairns
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book got me interested as i found the author on tiktok, wanted to read this book, and omg so many feelings, im dyslexic so i find it had to read some of the words but i got the meaning of each character and their powers.

first off, the main characters are brilliantly well written and i feel as if i connect to them,
you go through so many emotions when reading this book, Anger, sadness, happiness and shock
did not expect to find the ending and i am dying to read the second book in the seri
N.L. McFarlane
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is very much an Adult book with a trigger warning for sexual abuse so no younger readers, but for adults who love a fantastic story and don't mind the content, this story kept me wanting to read on and know more. I loved the characters and the emotion behind this story, you could really get in tune and sympathise with them. The relationships, explanations, storyline were all easy to follow, detailed and full of action and then just when you're in the thick of it and reading faster to know m ...more
Kristin Shambaugh
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The world and characters are painted beautifully in this book. There’s a great balance in the darkness of the monsters and their redeeming qualities. The only thing that bothered me throughout the book is I couldn’t figure out why these powerful creatures couldn’t kill the king with their abilities. I’m assuming from the secret at the end of the book, that’s why no one has been able to but it would have been nice to get clarification about that. Or maybe to what extent people can use their power ...more
K
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to the next book!

I enjoyed the book, it was different and quite dark, literally lol. We only see a small part of a much bigger world and hopefully we'll get to see more of the 'bright side' in the future. It's pretty slow burn, but i'm looking forward to how everything comes together
Candace Wondrak
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to an original fantasy

I loved the idea behind the condentai. They were so original to me, with their unique powers. Valina was kinda similar to a vampire in that she feeds and craves blood. I did anticipate some twist happening with the king (no spoilers) and am looking forward to finding out what happens next!
Sara Myrick
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Strong characters

Main female character is strong, perhaps the strongest of all of them which is nice to read. The lore of the world is interesting and the end has a twist I did not see coming in the slightest!
Yasmin
Oct 27, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
I skim through it at some point it was okay. That one guy that kept repeating "My dear" was annoying.

I always found it odd when main character are hundreds of years old and has known her love interest for that long yet now they start to feel an attraction for them.
Amber Nail
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the very beginning. The characters were well written and I found myself wanting to know more. I am looking forward to continuing the story!
Kai Dillman
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, this was almost better than A Court if Thorns and Roses.
Vivian VanDam
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing for the start of an original fantasy. You have to pick it up, when you do, you won’t put it down.
Isis Garcia
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

The biggest ok was great in how it lead the reader and I like how it's a fantasy book for adults.
Shawna Stephenson
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
😍😍

Very good read if you're into the dark fantastical world. Loved how she created the characters and the worlds that they live in.
Rachel
Apr 04, 2020
Li Cai
Mar 20, 2021
Shawnee Wolfe
rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2021
Janet Williams
Apr 17, 2020
Anna Elease
Dec 25, 2018

• Friends with the Monsters (Friends with the Monsters, #1)
  • Lover of the Nightkin (The Nightlands Book 3)
  • Pack Ivory Emerald (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf #4)
  • Pack Violet Shadow (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf, #2)
  • Primitive
  • Dreaming of Ayama (Dawnbreaker, #2)
  • Hutch (Bears of Burden, #3)
  • Sam (Bears of Burden, #5)
  • Matt (Bears of Burden, #6)
  • Magnetic
  • The Cities (Their Champion, #3)
  • The Deadly Game
  • Claiming Her Mates (Claiming Her Mates, #2)
  • Claiming Her Mates (Claiming Her Mates, #1)
  • Captive Beauty: A Reverse Harem Dark Romance
  • Pack Ebon Red (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf, #1)
  • Lamia's Blood (Monsters and Gargoyles #5)
Brionna is a self-published author with a vast imagination. Stories are always conjuring within her mind. Writing has been her passion for as long as she can remember. She plans on writing several books and series, each one more fantastical than the last.

News & Interviews