Start by marking “Sci-fiction/no Frills” as Want to Read:
Sci-fiction/no Frills

Sci-fiction/no Frills

3.19  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Published November 1st 1981 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Sci-fiction/no Frills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sci-fiction/no Frills

David Caldwell
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This was a little gimmick series put out in 1981. There were 4 books in the series. Mystery, Romance, Western, and of course Science Fiction. They were supposed to be no-frill versions of each of the genre types. There is no author listedor even a blurb on the back. The cover is white with black printing like the generic brand of foods that flourished for awhile.

Science Fiction is supposed to be complete with everything: aliens, giant ants, space cadets, robots, and one plucky girl. It does deli
Andrewcharles420
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A space cadet is called to the commander's office at the moon academy. His father is the lone known survivor of the Pluto colony, and asks for his son to join him in the search for what happened. They assemble a crew and blast off to Pluto, where they stumble upon few clues but several surprises.

Formulaic, and fulfilling all words on the cover ("Complete with everything: aliens, giant ants, space cadets, robots, one plucky girl). The "one plucky girl" line suggests to me that this story wasn't i
Chris Peters
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
This gets a 3-star rating simply because of how awesome it is. It's literally a generic science fiction book. That's the title: "Science Fiction." There's no author, there's no plot synopsis (although on the front it does say it has everything science fiction fans want). This is by far the weirdest, coolest book that I've found.

Unfortunately, the story is just as generic as the rest of the package. On the plus side, it's short (only 57 pages) so you can be done with it in under an hour. If this
Susan
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I was intrigued by the no frills approach. The story is only 58 pages long but claims to have all of the main elements of a science fiction story: aliens, robots and adventure. I was a little surprised that the story had a decent plot and was a likable tale. There were several rough spots in the plot that my brain tripped over but I am glad that I took the time to read this short, no-frills book.
Patrick Osborne
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Very short book, at around 50 pages (or less, cant remember). Good for a laugh or two.

To see my full review, check my blog at: http://ozmosisbookmarked.blogspot.com...
Jun 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: Paula B, birthday presents
more like a short story that was neat and action-packed, but then i got really angry with the ending, so... yeah. it was fun. beach read. under a hundred pages.
Richard
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Bought a copy of this brand new when the craze for "generic" stuff was at its height. Woo hoo! It is indeed science fiction.
George Sampson
Tim
Jan 24, 2015
Norman Felchle
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Let's say....two and a half stars....
Didn't suck...for what it was.
I liked the idea of a generic science fiction book...As a joke novelty....but the story moved along ok and it was short and to the point.
Eleanor