Start by marking “Four Years Gone (Carlos McCrary, Private Investigator, Mystery Thriller Book 8)” as Want to Read:
Four Years Gone (Carlos McCrary, Private Investigator, Mystery Thriller Book 8)

Four Years Gone (Carlos McCrary, Private Investigator, Mystery Thriller Book 8)

For fans of Jack Reacher, Elvis Cole, Matt Kile, and Spenser comes a new mystery thriller…

Four Years Gone

Carlos McCrary’s morning in his South Florida beachside condo turns topsy-turvy when Crazy Aunt Carrie calls. Her daughter Emily—McCrary’s cousin— appeared last night in a vision. “Mom, I’m here. Come find me. I need you.”

Four year ago, when Emily disappea

Published October 15th 2018 by Seven Oaks Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Four Years Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Years Gone

Start your review of Four Years Gone (Carlos McCrary, Private Investigator, Mystery Thriller Book 8)
Ellen White
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aunt Carrie had a vision, from Emily to come find her. Four years ago Carlos had checked everything the police did, and no results, had anything changed.She wants him to come to Texas. He calls on his friends to help him, and they uncover more and more as they follow leads. A good plot with plenty of twists to the end, well done.
Carol
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful read

I loved this book. Had trouble putting it down, I think I read in under 24 hours. Would recommend to others & can't wait to read more from Carlos (Chuck) McCrary. This story revolves around a four year cold case w/ emotional ties. Very well written, in my opinion!
Maris Soule
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting Detective Story

The story started quite slow with way too much detail about mundane activities, but once Carlos started following leads, the pacing picked up. I liked how Carlos called on long-time buddies for help, and I was soon caught up in the search for his cousin.
Margaret
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four Years Gone

This is without a doubt one of the best books I have read in a long time. The twists & turns kept me so intrigued, I could not put it down until I finished it! 10 stars! 👏👏👏👏
mzbeastle
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Story was not the usual course for this genre, which is refreshing all by itself. Add to that the wonderful characters, the prime sleuthing and the clever unveiling of the "bad guys", and the results are an enjoyable evening's read. Well done!
Sandra Burns
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First time author, for me

I really enjoyed this book. Carlos is a good guy, and I liked all the action in this. He is looking for his family member, who is missing. While doing so, he discovered other missing girls. Sometimes, the answer is closer than you know.
Stacey Narow
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fast moving story

I especially like this author's descriptions. I could easily see the rugged ranch in Texas and the attic bedrooms. Ofcourse who can forget that handsome Texan ,Chuck
Linda
Jun 27, 2020 added it
P.I. Carlos McCrary- get a call from Crazy Aunt Carrie who is having vision of her daughter that disappeared 4 years ago. OF course Carlos cannot say No to CAC(crazy aunt carrie).
Lots of twists and turns. This is my 1st book by Dallas Gorham and now I need to get all of the others..
C
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Page turner

This was a great read to be occupied by during the stay at home orders of 2o20 during the Corona Virus Pandemic.
Robert M. Galbraith
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great adventure with the right balance of suspense, action and humor. I have enjoyed all of the books in this series.
Jeannie Huie
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great thriller!! Outstanding characters who were truly believable and their actions drew me into the story and kept me reading! I'll definitely read more books by Mr. Gorham!!
Sherri Power
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Sit back and read a good story. The characters all have their idiosyncrasies and make you want to know them better.
Stein Larsen
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not leave it!

I got my copy this morning, and I took the day off to read it.

Wow, I have forgotten lunch and dinner, now I need to get more Dallas Gorham books!

J.D. Schechter
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Keeps you involved

Well written and plotted, although some characters are a bit burlesqed. And the author needs to learn the difference between an M-16 and an AR-15
cyndi
Feb 15, 2019
Gabriel Lexie
Nov 18, 2019

• Blood Lies
  • Let Me Go (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #5)
  • What She Forgot
  • Million Dollar Staircase: A Florida Thriller (Will Harper Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Boston Homicide (The City Murders #1)
  • The Cold Trail (Sean Kruger #4)
  • Four Corners War (Pacheco & Chino Mysteries Book 3)
  • Message in the Bones
  • On His Bended Knee (The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch, #1)
  • The Lost Boy
  • Saint Justice (Christopher Wren #1)
  • The Reluctant Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries Book 1)
  • Requite (Cases of Lieutenant Kane, #2)
  • Perilous (Cases of Lieutenant Kane, #4)
  • Fatal Decision (The Freeman Files, #1)
  • Run Girl Run (Harry Hunter Mystery, #2)
  • When He Vanished
  • Murder in the Air
Dallas Gorham is a sixth-generation Texan and a proud Texas Longhorn, having earned a Bachelor of Business Administration at the University of Texas at Austin. He graduated in the top three-quarters of his class, maybe.

Dallas is also a reluctant Dallas Cowboy fan (Cowboy fans: You know how it is. But he has no choice… He’s named after them, sort of.) Like his fictional hero, Chuck McCrary, he now

News & Interviews