Start by marking “Tribe of Daughters” as Want to Read:

Tribe of Daughters

For the past seventy years, deep in the mountains and totally secluded from civilization, a matriarchal society has thrived. In this small village there are no brothers, no fathers, no sons. In this village men exist only to serve the women, and boys have no mothers. In this village men do as they are told and defiance is severely punished.

This is the only Life Wildernes
Published January 3rd 2019 by Twisted Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tribe of Daughters, please sign up.
Kate Mary I had originally planned for it to be a standalone, but my editor gave me some great ideas for a second book, so we'll see. Either way, there is no cl…moreI had originally planned for it to be a standalone, but my editor gave me some great ideas for a second book, so we'll see. Either way, there is no cliffhanger and it can be read on its own. :-) (less)

Start your review of Tribe of Daughters
Kate Mary
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my favorite book that I've written and I can't wait for everyone to read it! Coming January 3, 2019!
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡
I had no clue what this book was about when I started it.
And I thoroughly love every part of this and will
want to read it again as you will be sucked in from the very first page!

I received an advance review copy of this book from the author!
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This desolate, hard way of life is all Jameson has ever known. Since a plague took out most of the population 70 plus years ago, life hasn’t been easy for anyone. When a job lands him in the middle of nowhere, he has hopes things may get better. But all that changes in the middle of the night when his world is forever changed by a band of spear wielding women.

I absolutely enjoyed TRIBE OF DAUGHTERS and loved the unique story Mary delivered. While the story did start off a little slow and severa
Viga Boland
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never have I read a book like Tribe of Daughters by Kate L. Mary. Everything about this science fiction novel…the possibilities, the plot, the characters, the physical, mental, sexual and cultural concepts and the writing style fired my imagination and compelled me to keep reading page after page until the book was finished. An electrifying read…and that’s saying something for a person who isn’t all that into dystopian science fiction.

We’re all familiar with the adage “It’s a man’s world”. But w
Maven
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance review copy of this book from the author and I love love love this book. I made the mistake of starting to read it at bedtime. Let's just say it was dawn when I finished and I didn't regret the lost sleep at all. The story kept me interested and engaged from page one to the end. Such a powerful story of love and letting go of the traditions and beliefs that have been ingrained in us in order to build something greater. The story was told from alternating points of view (Wil ...more
InD'tale Magazine
A powerful novel that hits the ground running, “Tribe of Daughters” has an interesting premise that pulls the reader in from the very first page.

Read full review in the 2019 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Donna
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast intense read

I loved this story. It is complete about a tribe of women who were wronged by men seventy years ago and women are in charge. They kidnap men to freshen their gene pool every five years. Raven is the leader and Wilderness is her daughter.
There are some disturbing results from this practice. There is also love. A unique story.
Debbie Poole
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tribes of daughters

Another winner from a amazing author,a book of strenght,change,hardships and love.if you never read any of Kat e Mary's books you are so missing out,,she definitely is one of the best story tellers out there.
Jaymie Heishman
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

A completely new take on an apocalyptic novel. Well written and very interesting. You don’t want to miss this one!
Angie
I loved this book so much. IDEK where to start with a review.
LeeAnn
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tribe of Daughters

Kate L. Mary is a master of world-building. This dystopian story is set 70 years after a plague decimated about 90% of the population and, in their little corner of this world, live a group of women who run a secluded and very matriarchal village.

Wilderness, our heroine, is the heir to her mother, Raven, Elders position. Raven commands the village and makes sure all the women and men - especially men, follow their rules and traditions.

The men and women each live in their own
Jessica Belmont
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As if I’m surprised, Kate L. Mary has done it again. Every book I’ve read by her has proven over and over, that she is an incredible world builder. You really feel as if you’ve been transported into her stories. Tribe of Daughters is no different in this aspect.

This novel is full of rich culture. It is clear to me that Kate L. Mary worked very hard to craft a society that felt real. This feels very real. Even though it is a dystopian novel, it’s believable that if this were the way the world was
Janet Strohecker
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kate-l-mary
Not the life we would think of, but the life these women have made. The Apoc happened. A small band of surviving women started a new life. Meanwhile - civilization has started to rebuild, generations have gone by. How will this Tribe of Daughters react to civilization? Is it better or worse than their life. You decide.
Terry Tyler
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The novel is set 70 years after a plague wiped out most of the population, and takes place in a strange village up a mountainside - a matriarchal society, in which the men do as they're told, and women choose husbands to make more daughters from the 'yieldlings' within the village (men who have grown up there), or 'foundlings' - men from outside, who are kidnapped.

The story starts when Jameson is abducted along with 4 other members of a working party. He is chosen as a husband by Wilderness, the
Charlotte Miller
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a post-apocalyptic, dystopian novel where the women are the leaders in their village.
70 years after a plague ravaged the land, a matriarchal society is prospering. They are secluded and actively go outside the village to find men to attempt to integrate into the community.
The all-female community started because of the horrible abuse the women sustained at the hands of men in the near aftermath of the plague. The women were held captive by a group of men and were used by the men in all
Vettech
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian-sci-fi
I really loved this book. This author is relatively new to me and this genre is unlike what I usually am into. I was pleasantly surprised and can see why this book is an award winner. The story centers around a group of people isolated from the rest of humanity deep in a forested area. Here's where the story makes an odd turn....ALL the women are in charge while the males of the group are subservient to the females and even live in an adjacent village, only upon being invited can the men enter t ...more
Bob
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I saw 'Tribe of Daughters' offered for free through Book Bub and the premise, about a post-apocalyptic world where a tribe of women lived isolated from the rest of the world in a mountain community and men existed there solely to serve them, sounded intriguing enough for me to get it. Since I was reading several other books, I put it on my Nook bookshelf for later reading. However, every time I opened my Nook library to read one of my other books, the title of this book seemed to call to me. Fin ...more
Lindsay
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having just finished The Power, you would think reading this was intentional. I swear, though, it was just strange timing. Certainly a lot of female empowerment going on around here!

Strangely enough, having all of the power in women's hands didn't work out well in either of those books... huh.

I also recently read Outliers by Kate L. Mary, which was more the reason why I was so excited by this one. The cover didn't exactly grab my attention, but I felt like her writing style was enough of a reas
Gkaur
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-and-reviews
I was lucky enough to get an ARC for this book, thank you!

Kate just has this ability to world build around her, its actually mesmerizing. In this world the women are dominant and the men are submissive in society. The story is of Wilderness and Jameson. Wilderness is going to the head of the tribe but picks and outsider like Jameson to be her mate. As you can imagine picking something who isn't used to a woman in charge is probably a unique story line waiting to happen. Their love story is uniqu
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Many years ago a plague destroyed the world and a group of women decide to move to the mountains and start a new world. A world where they are in control of the men.

In this new world that they created for their selves, the women are in charge. The men had their own living quarters away from the women. The men were not allowed in the women’s quarters unless invited and usually only at night until the deed was done and then they were sent on their merry way back to their own living quarters.

The
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book, it’s unlike any that I have read before so unique!
A plague wipes out almost everybody years before and a group of abused women make their way up a mountain. They make it their own and put themselves at the top which is how it is 70 years later. The characters are interesting and I love watching Jameson and Wilderness interact, change. Over the course of a year not only did they both grow but also those in the village. Realizing that someone that has to change. I lov
Michele Heeder
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Tribe of Daughters and I am so glad I did. This was an excellent novel. Dystopian or post Apocalyptic, it tells the story of a group of women who survived the horrors of an apocalyptic plague, where they were imprisoned and terrorized by men until they escaped into the mountains and formed a society of strong women, with no need for men other than procreation. They have lived in peaceful harmony with nature, relying on no one but themselves to survive. The characters are so ...more
Tina Kelso
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I just finished reading/listening to this book on my kindle. I am a very big fan of Kate's. I love all her books. This one had me laughing, crying and every emotion in between. I absolutely loved the story line. The characters came alive in my mind as I got to know each one. I never wanted to put it down but I had to make myself. I will definitely be reading this again. I hope Kate writes more books like this one. I love her zombie books and now I'm hooke ...more
Julianne Adams
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Really good!

I loved this book. The concept, the characters, the setting and the story itself are just wonderful. Her descriptions are vivid and her characters are so well fleshed out that you feel like you really, really know them. I have found a new favorite author and will start another of her books as soon as I post this review. If you like strong female characters, post apocalyptic story lines or just need a great read, I highly recommend this book. Outstanding job Kate L. Mary. So look
Kat
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have not read many dystopian books where women are the people in charge of the new world. In this book, that is exactly the case. I have to say the story pulled me in immediately. I loved the origin story of the new world order in this book and, of course, loved the nod to one of my favorite series. Even though I just read the book I want to go back and read it again. I could honestly read this book over and over and am totally crossing my fingers for more! Definitely a must read!
Vicky Quenault
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an extremely unique take on a dystopian society where women are the leaders and the men must do as they’re told.
The societal setup is very thorough, and the mentality of the women that founded it easy to understand.
I did find the speed with which the men go from being captives to husbands a little fast.
The characters are well developed, though some do appear a little too good to be true.
An enjoyable book that I’d happily recommend.
annise sullivan
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different from the usual fare but good all the same.

Kept me engaged with the characters and turning the pages to find out if they are able to change their world for the better. Wasn't the kind of book i normally read but like just about anything late l. Mary writes. Give it a try you will see.
Katja
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This world were so interesting and so different than ours. This happens 70 years after the Great Plague as they says in the book. I really liked Wilderness and Jameson. Also how they began to work together for better future for their tribe. Wilderness were a good and strong heroine and I liked her. Also I liked Jameson.
Alisa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Just Wow! Tribe of Daughters is an incredibly powerful book. The story is excellent, the characters are strong, and you get some answers you didn't know there were questions for.
Karen Jelleberg
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kate-l-mary
I absolutely loved this book. I love the tie in to a previous series but also love that it is a stand alone. I think showing that women can be brutal just as easily as men can, is important given the times we live in.

• Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • World Departed (Cascadia #1)
  • Chaos Rising (Edge of Collapse #0.5)
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
  • The Feral Children: Animals
  • Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn #2)
  • From the Ashes (Nuclear Dawn #3)
  • The Last Sanctuary Omnibus: The Complete Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series
  • Edge of Madness (Edge of Collapse #2)
  • Edge of Darkness (Edge of Collapse #3)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • No Safe Haven (The Last Sanctuary)
  • Survival (The Hollow, #1)
  • The Culling (The Culling #1)
  • The Feral Children 2: Savages
  • Outbreak (Green Fields #2)
  • Unity (Green Fields #6)
  • Incubation (Green Fields #1)
Kate L. Mary is an award-winning author of Adult, New Adult, and Young Adult fiction, ranging from Post-apocalyptic tales of the undead to Speculative Fiction and Contemporary Romance! Her YA book, When We Were Human, was a 2015 Children’s Moonbeam Book Awards Silver Medal winner for Young Adult Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fiction, and a 2016 Readers’ Favorite Gold Medal winner for Young Adult Science Fiction. ...more