Start by marking “The Earl and the Reluctant Lady” as Want to Read:
The Earl and the Reluctant Lady

The Earl and the Reluctant Lady

(Lords of Vice #3)

Rakish playboy, Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield has wanted Agnes Watkins since the first time he saw her. But her older brother is his direct supervisor and makes it very clear that Agnes is off limits. Fletcher does his best to forget her and instead focuses on his spying assignments that have him seducing women for needed information.

But when Agnes corners him at a ba
Published November 12th 2018 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Scandalous)

To ask other readers questions about The Earl and the Reluctant Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl and the Reluctant Lady

Mei
Mar 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: no-books, historical

I'm sorry... I realy tried to like it, but I just couldn't stomach the self-righteous heroine!

And shall we speak about the stupid Ladies of Virtue association? It was such a stupid aim!

How could young and nubile (and virgin) women reform the males of the ton? How would they do it without "ruining" themselves?

OK with vices such a gluttony, but lust????!!! Do they have a brain?

(view spoiler)
Maggie Whitworth
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤❤❤
💋💋
Wonderful writing and a great storyline, that’s what you get consistently from this author, this book is a great one to settle in and devour on a wet day , when all you want to do is switch off and lose yourself for a few hours .
The characters are so good , I love Fletcher , he may be a rogue but he’s an honourable one , if that’s at all possible , and he falls hard for Agnes from their first meeting.
She’s got some sassy in her and is willing to fight to keep others safe in society, to
F. Freewel
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
! SPOILERS !

Hmmm, yes, a historical romance was just what the doctor ordered this fine, Halloween day. I have no idea what attracts me so much to the genre, but the old speech is fascinating (yes, I'm boring, whatever 😒) and the wit of them is simply so entertaining! Not many of my friends agree, they find them yawn-inducing, but I'm glad I'm not the only fan in the world 😂

This was a delightful read, of course, with a very good writing that carried well and was never stilted (at least to me 👀).
Niki
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
During her second London season, viscount's daughter Agnes Watkins is overshadowed by her own mother, who consistently seeks male attention for herself, relegating the socially awkward Agnes to the position of wallflower, much to her embarrassment. As such, Agnes has given up the hope of marrying, deciding to just stay single and avoid the lie that she believes love is. Fletcher Banks, the Earl of Wakefield, and elite spy, searching the ballrooms for a widow he is assigned to gather information ...more
Janet
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
From the very moment Agnes Watkins walked into his life, Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield, has wanted her. Agnes is not just beautiful, she's clever and determined. Despite her uncommon beauty, she refuses to conform to society's standards. She's also the sister of Christopher the man who holds Fletcher's career as a spy in his hands & Christopher warns Fletcher off in no uncertain terms. Tall, impossibly broad, and handsome as a sin, Fletcher Banks is a brazen scoundrel. Known for his repu ...more
Candy Briggs
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a delightful story. Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield, was a spy and had been for two years but he also lived the lifestyle. He had a horrible reputation. He met Agnes Watkins at a ball, he couldn't keep his eyes off her. She found him equally attractive. His boss turns out to be her brother and Christopher Watkins does not like him or his reputation. He warns Fletcher to leave his sister alone. Lady Watkins is a sweet lady and she has decided to remain unmarried. She is invit ...more
Lori D
This beautifully written story grabbed my heart and did not let go. Upon first sight, Fletcher, Earl of Wakefield saw her at a ball from a distance and knew he had to meet her. Unbeknownst to him, Agnes is the sister of the man who holds his job as a spy in his hands. Agnes is of course attracted to him as well, but with a warning he stays away and does not see her until three years later!
A reputed rake and scoundrel, Fletcher plays his role well in getting information out of women for the good
Angela
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms. DeHart does it again. Fletcher and Agnes each suffer from everyone wanting them but not really. I love Agnes' role of weapons maker. The women of the Ladies of Virtue are great characters. While reading this story you feel the longing and compassion of Fletcher and Agnes. How can these two people learn that love is real and it happens unexpectedly? Great story, great characters as always. These stories are always feel good stories and I love reading their happy endings.

I received a complimen
MDM
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a perfect read to distract me from the stress of election night.

A 4* feel-good read, where from the very beginning you know that the hero loves the heroine, but it may take some time to bring her around.
Pat
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a new author for me, and I was pleasantly surprised. The story was beautifully written with wonderfully entertaining characters. I was drawn into the story very quickly and loved every minute of it. If you are a Historical Romance reader you are going to love this book! Well done! I will be reading more from this author.
Amanda
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Lord Fletcher...What a great read! I really loved Agnes but strong women are a fave of mine! Lord Fletcher's character was so well done- made me laugh and shake my head at the same time. The Ladies of Virtue vs these Lords of Vice do not disappoint. Looking for a fun read with romance and of course a HEA this is it! (Check out the whole series to be honest!!)
Arec Rain
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The next installment of the beloved Lords of Vice series, this novel definitely does its predecessors justice. Well-written with dynamic characters, an interesting premises, and a romance to root for, it wants for nothing.
Brenda
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He knew he could never have her...

She thought she could change him...

Together their desire is undeniable.

My Thoughts:

This latest Robyn DeHart, Lords of Vice book is the best so far in this series.
I have read all three books in the series and two others by this author. I have enjoyed them all but must say this one really drew me in.

We met Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield in a previous book. He is known for his prowess with the fairer sex and because of this his assignments as a spy for the crown
Kelly
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2-blog
Great characters with plenty of heat

Book 3 in the Lords of Vice series, this book runs in parallel to book 2, which I’ve read (I haven’t read book 1 yet). Storylines do crossover, and there is an underlying plot line which I assume will flow through the entire series. So while I think this would work pretty well as a standalone, there are some spoilers here for book 2, so I’d generally recommend reading this series in order.

Agnes is a great character (though I really wanted to shake her mother-d
Krystal
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
While this is the third novel in the series (and there are overlapping story-lines and characters), each book is written as a stand-alone to the point where you do not need to have read the others in order to enjoy this one.

This is the kind of novel that I have come to expect from this author. The characters are engaging and complex (to a point), who have an obvious attraction to each other, but fight it to the point that it becomes tedious.

I fell in love with Fletcher and Agnes (although god
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
It's a charming story, but there are things I just didn't like and somethings that went unanswered. I love a forbidden love that is forced together story like this. There's a bit of a mystery with someone threating the group and a man that wants her for himself that brings them together. I loved that he had loved her for so long and that everyone sees it so clearly. Her brother was just like I thought he would be when it came to her. I also loved her friends seeing what she wasn't seeing.

To me,
Lindsey Gray
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield, has no power with his title. His grandfather is the Duke while his father holds the Marquess title. Fletcher needs to earn a living until his elders die. He uses his charm and wit to seduce secrets for the Home Office, but when he meets Agnes Watkins, he realizes that he his tired of being the government’s Rake-for-Hire. The problem is her brother is his supervisor and he needs his approval to keep his job. For three years he keeps away from Agnes until circums ...more
Debra Martin
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
From the moment Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield, sees Miss Agnes Watkins, his stomach does a flip-flop and he's enchanted with her. When he kisses her out in the garden, he's pretty sure, he'll never want another woman for the rest of his life, but life has a way of interfering. It turns out Agnes is his boss's sister and Christopher has forbidden Fletcher from ever touching her again or else he'll lose his position with the home office. With only a courtesy title, Fletcher has no choice but t ...more
Fizza
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable story. I loved both Fletcher and Agnes. Their interactions with each other are so sweet and interesting. I really enjoyed reading this historical fiction and would recommend it to all romance lovers.

Agnes has lived in her mother's shadow all her life. Finally, she gives up on love and romance. She can afford to stay single forever. Her brother supports her decision and thus she is safely off the marriage market. Now she can do what she enjoys to do. That's how she becomes par
Mary Hart
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This is the story of Fletcher and Agnes. They are both in secret organisations and Fletcher is being blackmailed by Agnes's brother to stay away from her. I was a bit confused about Christopher because of his attitude at the end of the book, he either wanted his sister to marry Fletcher or not. I think I'd have prefered a little more suspense and activity on the stalker. The romance was of the on/off variety which is ok for a bit but after a while I wanted it sorted! I've read some of the
Kat Wiley
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow… What a great book! The Earl and the Reluctant Lady by Robyn DeHart is book 3 in the Lord of Vice series. This is my first book I have read of Robyn’s but it won’t be the last and of course I have to get book 1 and 2 in this series so I can catch up. There is nothing better than finding a new author and I so enjoyed this story. Though this book is a part of a series it can be read as a standalone. Robyn has created such wonderful regency characters that I found myself cheering for them. Her ...more
Kimberly
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield has been in love with Agnes, the sister of his supervisor, for 3 long years. Once a year they share a dance and their chemistry is off the charts, but it never goes further than that. Until Agnes corners him and tries to get him to change his rakish ways, now all bets are off. Fletcher cannot stay by the wayside any longer.

I liked this story for the most part. It was sweet and sexy, but at times completely unbelievable. It also started to drag during the middle
Suzette
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the fact that Robin DeHart has managed to seamlessly integrate the stories in the Lord of Vice Series together. They are taking place simultaneously and without giving away plot lines and outcomes she is able to keep the storyline and characters running alongside each other in the same direction.

This is Fletcher and Agnes’ story. She is a pragmatist and he is a flirt. Both have been hurt by the indifference shown to them by their parents and believe that love and marriage are not in thei
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Earl and the Reluctant Lady by Robyn DeHart this is book Three in the Lords of Vice Series. This is the story of Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield and Agnes Watkins. I have read the previous books, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Fletcher has been attracted to Agnes from the start but her brother is his supervisor and he is warned against her. So Fletcher tries to keep his feelings to himself...besides his spying job sets him to seduce women to get informat
Delacey
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc
I really liked this story. Loved the characters with a nice mix of positive and negative qualities. This is the third in a series, is standalone, but book 2 is happening in conjunction with this book so may be better read in order if minor spoilers bug you. This was my first time reading Robyn DeHart and I will have to search out her other books as I liked her characters and writing style. Overall, a good story. *I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and this is my voluntary and honest r ...more
Terry Moskowitz
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
What is Fletcher to do when the only woman for him (Agnes Watkins) is off limits. He can loose his job and everything he knows, however when his boss tells him his job is to watch over Agnes he is in for a real treat.
Agnes is just as smitten with Fletcher and can't imagine why he pretends to not be interested. When he finds out someone is sending her letters and other items his protectiveness comes out.

I thought this was a great story and watching the two of them fight their way to each other
Amy Alvis
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Fletcher and Agnes story!!

Fletcher meets Agnes at a ball and it instantly infatuated with her, but her brother, who happens to be his boss, has warned him away from her. He allows himself one dance with her a year, any more and he would end up defying her brother's wishes. But that all changes when he is charged with protecting her. Can he do his job and still keep his distance?

Agnes was just as smitten with Fletcher as he was with her after their dance and doesn't understand why he keep
Angel Hatfield
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
From the very moment Agnes Watkins walked into his life, Fletcher Banks, Earl of Wakefield, has wanted her. Agnes is not just beautiful, she's clever and determined. Despite her uncommon beauty, she refuses to conform to society's standards. She's also the sister of the man who holds Fletcher's career as a spy in his hands. And that makes her completely off-limits.
This was an ok read. I had some issues with Agnes and her mission as well as some issues with Fletcher. Plot wasn’t bad. Not sure if
Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews
This book was really sweet. I shipped the two characters from the beginning, though I wish the guy had gotten his act together earlier and realized that he loved her and would sacrifice stuff for her. I haven't read the other books in the series, but I might now having read this one. And while it had spy stuff in it, it wasn't fully developed. I felt that the subplot should either have been taken out or fully developed.
Nancy Ku
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Earl and the Reluctant Lady (ebook) by Robyn DeHart ..this is the 3rd LORDS OF VICE book and I want to thank the Robyn for letting me preview this book. Agnes Watkins (member o Ladies of Virtue and is against marriage) Fletcher Banks (Earl of Wakefield works for the 7 ..also against marriage) This books is full of adventure, danger, relatives who are not very nice, some laughs and tears, a stalker, steamy sex and a very HEA... Who will be the next Lord of Vice? and who is Lady X?
National Bestselling author, Robyn DeHart’s novels have appeared in the top bestselling romance and historical romance lists. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages. Her historical romantic adventure series, The Legend Hunters, were not only bestsellers, but also award-winners, snagging a Reader’s Crown and a Reviewer’s Choice award. She had three releases in 2013 and 2014 wi ...more

Lords of Vice (3 books)
  • The Scoundrel and the Lady (Lords of Vice, #1)
  • The Marquess and the Maiden (Lords of Vice, #2)