Start by marking “What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor?” as Want to Read:
What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor?

What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor?

After her carefully ordered world imploded, Paige Taylor cracks up. On her tenth self-help book, it seemed like a good idea at the time to reinvent herself––move from Manhattan to the tiny beachside town of St. Clair––and take over the local bookstore.

But instead of discovering her spiritual Nirvana, she’s neck-deep in a floundering business, the locals treat her like a p
Published November 12th 2018 by Entangled Publishing LLC (August)

To ask other readers questions about What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor?

peachygirl
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this book had everything.
A charming small town with a touching yet sensible BS policy (Trust me, it's not bullshit), beautifully original characters and liberal tidbits of wisdom, thanks to our Dr.Penny Grove (I still vote for Just say NO!).

Funny, poignant, witty, entertaining and will make you yearn for that sense of belongingness. Starting over has never been more marvelous!
Cocktails and Books
Not connecting with this one.
Elizabeth Neal
Paige had her life planned out, or so she thought, until it all fell apart. Paige's way of coping? Self-help books, and the tenth made sense, the advice to start over seeming like what she needed to do. So, she leaves New York and moves to small town St. Clair and takes over a bookstore. All rational moves, right? Unfortunately, her fresh start isn't going so well. The business isn't exactly a gold mine, the locals act as if she's contagious, and her mom visits with no check out date in sight.

Th
Fizza
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It's such an adorable story with amazing characters and a small town setting. Paige's life is a mess. She is a people pleaser and needs to learn how to say 'no.' After a bad break-up, she really needs to start over. So she buys a bookshop in a small town and moves away. Everyone thinks that it is just a phase and she will get tired of small-town life soon enough. She doesn't agree. She likes it here. Finally, she has a few things in her life going well. She likes most of the people s ...more
Rachel Abbate
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

Overall, I enjoyed this one. It gave me Gilmore Girls vibes, mainly because of the small town where everyone knows everyone and one of the main characters is named Luke and reminds me of the character with the same name from GG.

While it was not an original concept for a romance novel, it was really cute. I definitely recommend if you love small town/Hallmark-y romances!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an e-arc in exchange for an honest review!
Christina Phillips
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, tender and utterly captivating, Amanda Ashby's What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor? is guaranteed to give you all the feels!
Katie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#HappyPubDay to this gorgeous book! What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor? by Amanda Ashby is about Paige Taylor, a book publisher from New York City. After discovering that her fiancé is cheating on her, Paige leaves her big city life behind and buys a bookstore in the small town of St. Clair, Oregon, population 2100 (now 2101). Despite the fact that her business is barely breaking even and the locals all treat her like a plague victim, Paige slowly starts finding her feet, with the help of Dr P ...more
Konny
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor? by Amanda Ashby is a slow burn sweet romance.
Meet Paige Taylor, she's a 36 year old woman and she's about to start over. Her friends call her crazy, but she's had enough of her cheating ex and now it's a new life, new town, new business and new everything.
Only nothing is lioke expected. The bookstore she bought unseen is a mess, the town that is now her home isn't very welcoming and her business is failing big time.
And there's the hottie. Luke Carmichael, si
Julie
Sounds like heaven to me, relocating and opening a bookstore. But it wasn’t an easy choice for Paige.
Paige has always been a “yes” girl, a pushover and pretty easy going. But after a disastrous relationship, she’s on a journey of self discovery, instead of “yes”, it’s going to be a “no” from Paige. And going to a small town to run a bookshop seems like an ideal solution, Paige intends to reinvent herself, and concentrate on her happiness and wellbeing.
Reading the book, was a lot of fun, so man
Sandra
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor? by Amanda Ashby is a fabulously fun and entertaining read.

This is the book that will make you laugh, will make you cry and yearn for new beginning as you root for Paige to finally have it all.
After a horrible break up, Paige decides to buy a bookstore in a tiny coastal town and leave Manhattan.

But her new beginning starts off a bit shaky as she tries to make new friendships, save her business and keep her mother in check.
And she has found a perfect guy, but
Heather
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has cursing including a couple of f-bombs, but no sex. If cursing will cause you to leave a bad review you should probably skip this story.

What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor? is a really cute story from start to finish. I thought Paige was great – her ability to take care of her self and her determination to make her life right on her terms made me really like her from the start. Luke was a swoon-worthy single father who was dead sexy but flawed, just the kind of main male character
Melena Torretta
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, netgalley-arcs
I loved this book!

Paige Taylor needs a change in her life. Inspired by her favorite self-help book Just Say No, she moves from New York City to a small town in Oregon and takes over the local bookstore. There she meets Luke and his daughter Kira who become big parts of her new life.

Amanda Ashby has created a sweet small town filled with quirky and fun characters who care about and look out for each other. The story, of course, follows Paige and Luke's journey, but we get some glimpses into the l
Bette Hansen
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a truly entertaining fun read. Paige is a fantastic character and going on her journey for a fresh start in life was a wild crazy ride. She has a bookstore that is about to go under since the townspeople seem to want nothing to do with her. Adding to her craptastic life, her mother shows up unannounced and is showing no signs of leaving any time soon. Then there is Luke. The only one in town really talking to her. Well growling really. He seems to have more baggage than she does but the ...more
Tracie Simister
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I gave this Book a rating of 5 ✩’s
Title: What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor?
Series: Belles of St. Clair Book 1
Genre: Clean Contemporary Romance, Small town Romance
Author: Amanda Ashby
Format: Kindle Edition
Published on: November 12, 2018

I voluntarily received a Courtesy Copy of this book from AuthorsPal and am choosing to leave a review.
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
What I liked/Didn’t Like: This w
Sandie Grise
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet and quirky read Paige and her inner dialogue made me snicker. Luke is like most people- feeling guarded. Come along and discover the chemistry between Paige and Luke.
I received this book via Netgalley and this is my review.
Gwen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely and charming story this was! A new to me author(but that will change) has written a story that is quirky and funny at the same time. A well-paced read, it was totally enjoyable during a cold and snowy weekend.
Sara
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book. Light-hearted and witty. I highly recommend it.
Sarah McGoff
rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2018
Ruby Watson
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quirky fun filled story about life’s mistakes and the power to control your own life.

What happens when your boyfriend cheats on you? Some cry, some get even. And some ever move across the country to get away.

Sometimes you need a little perspective. And a little fun to get you head on straight.

This was a fun light read with unexpected elements that were laugh out loud.

It keeps you interested while not going overboard.

I received this ARC for a honest review. Thank you to the author, publish
Marguerite
Nov 18, 2018
Tammy
Nov 27, 2018
Shia
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating 4/5

This fun-fulled ride following Paige as she starts a new life was a perfect read to get me out of a slump! It was witty and fantastic - full of surprises and hot chemistry! I definitely felt I was part of Paige's conscious with the internal dialogue she has with herself but it just added more for me to relate to her! A quick read - but a fantastic one!
Diah R
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, romance
3.5/5 (thank you Netgalley & Entangled Publishing for the digital arc)

Paige Taylor ran away from New York to (re)build a bookshop somewhere that wasn't NY that she bought impulsively. In the small town, Paige got a help in running her bookshop from a teenager named Kira. It didn't hurt that Kira's dad also made her pulse racing like crazy.

What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor was a quick and funny read, perfect for a beach read or if you want to feel good after. It has some funny moments, and
Nicole
Nov 23, 2018
Amanda Ashby
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brandy
Nov 13, 2018
Amanda Ashby was born in Australia but now lives in New Zealand where she writes romance, young adult and middle grade books. She also works in a library, owns far too many vintage tablecloths and likes to delight her family by constantly rearranging the furniture.

She has a degree in English and Journalism from the University of Queensland and is married with two children. Her debut book was nomin