Start by marking “Obsessed (Black Light #9)” as Want to Read:
Obsessed (Black Light #9)

Obsessed

(Black Light #9)

One taste of her was never going to be enough. I knew it the moment I laid eyes on her. And I knew it from the moment she kneeled for me.

Roisin was everything I always wanted, but she was also nothing I ever expected. Her words captured me, her poise intoxicated me, and now, I find myself obsessed.

My need for her runs rife through my veins, and I can’t stop it, no matter h

Published October 16th 2018 by Black Collar Press

To ask other readers questions about Obsessed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Obsessed

Start your review of Obsessed (Black Light #9)
Kathy West
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book contains BDSM scenes. If you think you can not handle that, then this book might not be for you.

If you can handle those kind of scenes....this book IS for you!

Roisin has a rough past. She has demons. She has made something of herself but she has never truly gotten over the past.

Roisin has always liked the darker side of things in life. When she gets the job to try and interview a BDSM photographer, she jumps at it.

Kain (Master K) separates his daily life and his night life. When his
Badh
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the Black Light series. It's full of great authors who are all writing within the same world, but who all bring their own spin and personality to that world. Dani Rene is a perfect addition to the rest of the authors who have written in this world. I was really glad to see her join in.

We're at the newly opened Black Light West, in LA. This club is a little different to the one in D.C., but it's still under the hottest club around, Runway.

Kian is a private investigator and a photographer
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The Black Light series was new to me … until now. I’ll read everything Dani René publishes, so naturally, OBSESSED was no different. Her writing style is beautiful and her stories the kind to get lost in…

And lost between the pages I got with Roisin and Kian’s story. I love a good BDSM romance and Master K was just perfectly sensual, controlling, sinful and domineering. An enthralling mix. My only wish would have been for him to keep the mysteriousness that came with his whole introduction uprigh
Rhonda
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will be honest here, this is the first book I've read by Dani Rene but after reading this book, it won't be the last. The Black Light series has long been a favorite of mine and all the authors who have written a story in it make it fit right in with the original. Dani's characters also fit in the world and their story is captivating. Roisin is a broken young woman and needs pain to take away the bad memories from her broken life. Kian is a photographer who is known as Master K. His pictures t ...more
Cinderella (Nysa Bookish)
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Black Light series adds another delicious tale to its repertoire.

Master K and Roisin's story has literally made me OBSESSED with them. Roisin's tenacity to break out from the shitting card she was dealt had me hooked and then in came Kian with his alpha suaveness who just kept me coming back from more.
And in her typical Dani fashion, she has given us a story about love beyond words, hurts, angsts, to one with a deeper connection of characters that stays with you even when the story has ende
Tre Talbot
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read a new books in the Blacklight Series and having Kian and Roisin’s story by Dani Rene added has me hooked more then I was before. This story is filled with delicious BDSM scenes as well as a blooming romance blended perfectly throughout. Roisin shares her past with us and its both heartbreaking and frustrating to hear that there are people in this world with such closed minded views. Kian is a not only a Dominant, he has a soft nurturing side to him as well and seeing him work the two t ...more
Christie Cumpton
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I LOVE Black Light Series. This..not so much

This had a potential to be a really great story, but it felt kind of rushed and chaotic. OCD made me finish this book. So far this has been the only disappointing book of the series. (IMHO) I hope others enjoy it and look forward to the next book in the series.
reader
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Did not like

I got this on Kindle Unlimited and did not like it. As I was reading I found too many discrepancies with the timelines of the characters.
Niki Roge
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the Black Light books and really enjoy the stories Dani René writes, but this book missed a lot of key points for me. The scenes Dani has written are smoking hot, the chemistry is great between the characters and I was riveted for the first third of the book.
Unfortunately the rest of the book fell flat for me. I had significant issues with Roisin's character suddenly, and very rapidly, overcoming her significant anxiety that kept her from leaving her house once per week. I had issues wit
Bottom Of
Oct 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Sad

I loved all of the other blacklight books. They are so good! Not this one. There are so many discrepancies. The characters are weak, and it doesnt feel like a blacklight story. Towards the end i disnt even care anymore, but i made myself finish the book. The sex scenes were wimpy compared to all the other books in the series.
Charliegirl1
Nov 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Hodge podge

This is the first book I've read from this author, and I found it to be very disjointed and almost hodge podge. Parts of it were too cerebral--everything took place in the characters head. Even the "action" scenes seemed like they were told instead of lived. There were elements in the story that were just thrown in for no apparent reason, never to be mentioned again; some scenes read as though they're written for a YA audience; dialogue is choppy; overall just not a smooth or cohesive
Phoenix
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Tequila
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really haven't read anything by Dani René that I've liked and it continues with Obsession. I found the story predictable and the characters flat.
Terri Trawets
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story begins with Roisin, a troubled girl, running away from her seedy foster parents. It quickly jumps to a time 5 years later, at which time Roisin has been able to carve out a life for herself in Los Angeles. . She is a gentle, hidden, shy, almost reclusive author, who works as a writer for a magazine. This is a lovely story of a young woman who finds acceptance, self-worth and approbation through creating beauty with her words. But, now she needs and wants more. She wants to be accepted ...more
Shelly
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I'm a huge fan of The Black Light Series! I was so excited when I heard about Obessed by Dani Rene. I can happily say I was definitely NOT disappointed. Obsessed is another phenomenal story to add to this amazing series.
I loved Kian and Roison's story so much I couldn't put it down. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Kian is a hot sexy alph dominant man with a beautiful heart. When he meets Roisen he can tell she's like no other woman he's ever met.
Roisen is a beautiful talented woman wi
Rose Howse
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Roisin is a writer for a magazine and lives her life like a recluse. She is given an assignment to interview an erotic photographer only known as Master K. Greer McCleary is Roisin's friend who keeps trying to get her to go out and meet people and socialize. When Rosie, aka Roisin does meet Kian, aka Master K, there is an almost instant attraction and Kian feels he's met the woman he could make his own. Rosie is introduced, slowly and gently into the BDSM lifestyle and she thrives with Master K' ...more
SaraLou
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Obsessed by Dani René is the newest release in the Black Light Series. If the rest of the stories in the Black Light Series are as hot and sexy as this, I've been missing out.

Roisin is a fragile young woman after having a rough couple of years but she is determined to change, she wants to be stronger. To do that she has to let go of her past. A work assignment asking her to figure out who Master K is might just help.

After his first marriage ended, Kian swore he would never marry again but when h
Teresa Juckett
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God was this book amazing. I've read all over Dani's book's and I tell you I can't say which one is my favorite their all my favorite. This lady has such a way with her word's that it's like she put's you in a spell reading her word's as she pours her soul into each and every book. Roisin (Rosie) has had a hard life being in foster care that by the time she's 18 she's left broken and alone and Kian is divorced with a daughter he doesn't get to see but maybe 1 time a month a former CIA agen ...more
Kay Parker
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Black Light and I have to say how epic it is that the series creators have brought Dani Rene into the fold. They are adding some serious talent to the Black Light world and turning into a BDSM series that won't soon be forgotten.
There was one slight thing that threw me when first digging into Obsessed, and that is it's set away from the original Black Light, at the new Black Light (yay) and the place sounds incredible.
Dani Rene has provided us with a hunky photographer/investigator with a
Joy Westerfield
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Black Light Series is one of my absolute favorite and this latest addition is perfect for this series. The story of Kian and Roison is sexy, seductive, hot, heartwarming and so much more! Roison had a hard upbringing and was determined to make her life better. Her job tasked her with finding out more about Kian, who was a bit of a mystery, but wasn’t sure how to go about it. One day she found her in, and she went with it. Kian is a definite strong, alpha character that makes your heart beat ...more
Maria Hunt
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Obsessed is my first book to read from the Black Light series and it was simply amazing. If Obsessed is any indication of the other amazing books I will find I have found an enthralling and utterly addictive new series to read.

Roisin and Kian's story was beautiful, mesmerizing and kept me riveted from beginning to end. Both have been scarred from their pasts but when they get together sparks fly. Kian's photos paired with Roisin's captivating poems painted a vivid and beautiful image for me and
Leslie OBrien
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dani René’s “Black Light: Obsessed” was amazing. There are so many things I want to say and I don’t know where to begin, so I might end up skipping around a bit. I really enjoyed both Kian’s and Roisin’s “obsession”. They were both compelling in their own ways even crossing the line of what some might consider stalker/taboo, which made it all the more enticing. Roisin’s backstory is tragic, to say the least, and that made her transformation so much more. And of course, the faithful friend and si ...more
Lisa White
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Black Light: Obsessed is book 9 in the Black Light series, as this is one the first one that I have read, I enjoyed it. As it can be read as a standalone, it may be more enjoyable reading them in order (as I will be going back to the begining).

As there are BDSM scenes that may not be favorable to everyone and flashbacks that are certain situations that maybe triggers, you may think about if you want to read this story.

No that is out of the way. I truly enjoyed this story. There is so much more
Diane
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the BlackLight series. Well written characters and descriptive. Roisin, aka Rosie, has had a hard life and she walked the minute she turned 18 and never looked back. Despite all she went through she became somewhat successful in life but there was something missing. She has a kinky side that she is yet to delve into. She finds about an erotic photographer, Master K. She seeks him out and knows he can show and teach her. Master K, aka Kian, takes an interest in her. They bot ...more
Anne Milne
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the previous books in this series but it's not necessary to enjoy this book.

When we first meet Roisin it's clear she has been through some very painful moments which cause her to leave. Years later it's clear that they have had a huge impact on how she lives her life. She has something she never has before a safe home and she's an author however she is a recluse preferring solitude over company. Kian is a very secretive photographer Master K she is tasked to find for a story.

I l
Saskia
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the night book in the Black Light series, but you can read it as a standalone without any trouble. It takes place in the new Black Light club in LA and it doesn't feature any of the previous characters.

It is the story of Roisin and Kain. Roisin is a young woman who carries around scars from her past, but she has longings and fantasies. Putting those into beautiful words is easy, but will she be strong enough to make them real?. She innocent in a lot ways, but also has an old soul.

Kian ha
Maureen
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful wonderful story this was to read. Dani has really done a great job of this story. The story captures the Audience right away with the prologue, when Rosin a broken young lady leaves the people she is living with at the age of 18.
Five years later sees Rosin at her computer, she writes dark poems, that show her dark side, the side nobody sees. Given a job by her boss to find out about the Mysterious Master K, the man behind the beautiful pictures, she comes across Kian who is intr
Michele
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Blacklight series!
This is my 1st book by Dani and I love authors who write in dual point of view. This is the story of Rosie who was abandoned as a baby and had awful experiences with her 2 foster parents until she ran away. 5 years later Rosie is now a writer/blogger with fears of socializing who is asked to write a story about Master K, an anonymous photographer. Rosie connects with Kian after crediting one of his photos on her blog. Kian is drawn to Rosie’s word and offers to teach h
Joyffree
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
💖

I am always amazed by how effortlessly Rene' brings her stories to life. She has a magic to her writing that allows the reader to become fully immersed with the pages making them a part of the journey - not an onlooker - and Obsessed was no different.
Kain was the perfect book boyfriend - He had a strong commanding presence that encapsulated his confidence perfectly
And Rosilin feisty little pet - she is lost in so many ways, she has a strength that drives her but she also suffers from a lack of
Kaye Robinson
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Powerful read..

Oh wow Obsessed just took me in an emotional ride where I felt so much for Roisin’s character and all of the anxiety she has gone through in her hard life, but has come along way from that time.
Roisin’s job at Plush magazine was to write an interview with Master K a photographer who brings submissive forms to life as beautiful art but the elusive Dominant makes it hard to be contacted so Roisin becomes obsessed with the image of him and brings her words to his art.
Kian is fascinat
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Black Light: Obsessed by Dani Rene 3 20 Oct 19, 2018 09:01AM

• Complicated Love (Black Light)
  • Infamous Love (Black Light #0.5)
  • Black Light: Brave
  • Black Light: Roulette War
  • Purged (Black Light #12.5)
  • Defended (Black Light #13)
  • Scandalized (Black Light #14)
  • Daddy Ever After
  • Just Breathe Anthology
  • Submission (Doms of Club Eden #1)
  • Salvation (NYC Doms #4)
  • Red
  • Tower (Ever After, #2)
  • Obediently Ever After
  • His Captive Pet (Owned and Protected Book 3)
  • Becoming His Pet
  • Training His Pet (Owned and Protected Book 6)
  • Opposition (NYC Doms #6)
Dani is a USA Today Bestselling Author of a variety of genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani’s stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.

Dani lives in the

Black Light (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Rocked (Black Light #1)
  • Exposed (Black Light #2)
  • Valentine Roulette (Black Light #3)
  • Suspended (Black Light #4)
  • Cuffed (Black Light #5)
  • Rescued (Black Light #6)
  • Roulette Redux (Black Light #7)
  • Suspicion (Black Light #8)
  • Fearless (Black Light #10)
  • Possession (Black Light #11)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...