Start by marking “Like You Mean It” as Want to Read:
Like You Mean It

Like You Mean It

“I want to make you smile like you mean it.”
The day Cole Lannington says those words to me, I already know I’m falling. Hard. For a man I can never have. Because there’s no way in hell I’ll ever deserve a man like him.

Annie
All I need to do is keep my head above water. Push a little harder. Keep that smile plastered on my face for my son as we try to wade through the new li
Published November 13th 2018 by Love Is A Verb Books

To ask other readers questions about Like You Mean It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like You Mean It

Hollis
I'm keeping this one unrated because this read just didn't work for me.

Contemporary romance is definitely a tricky up and down experience for this reader. I'm not against the fluffy HEAs with marriage and kids, etc, but sometimes it just doesn't land if the story trying to carry that ending isn't one I like. And in the case of Annie and Cole it isn't really them I'm against, either. It's a bit more complex. But it's along those same lines.

LIKE YOU MEAN IT is a slowburn romance between two neig
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Got wrapped up in this story

I got lost in this book by Jillian Liota, it’s a story that worked for me on a number of levels and also had a thread of uniqueness. The heroine, Annie is a single parent (I love single parent tropes) and there are a few twists to her background which I don’t want to spoil. Annie moves next door to a sympathetic neighbour, Cole.

Cole was a beautiful bunch of contradictions that grew on me. He had a bit of a biker-look but not a biker’s attitude. He was just a guy, run
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Review to come! :)
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored everything about this novel. The characters were so fabulously described, I actually felt like I knew them. I was totally routing for Cole and Annie from the first chapter.
I think we’ve all been Annie. Feeling completely alone and lost at times. Life can throw some pretty devastating curve balls. It’s how you cope with things and bounce back that counts.

An amazing book about, love, loss, survival, hope..... I could go on and on.
A must read!!!!
Rebecca
3 to 3.5 STARS

I loved The Keeper and couldn't wait to get my hands on a new book from Liota. Overall, this is a decent read, but it didn't compel like I anticipated. I adored Annie and her resilience. Sadly, I never really connected with Cole; he is so indecisive. There is an intense slow burn, but the ending seems rushed in comparison to the rest of the book.

This won't go down as a favorite, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it either.
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Because I'm falling for this good, good man. This man with a kind heart and a soft spot for my son."

Single, pregnant mother with a past and a 4 year old, meets older, sexy, TAKEN Mechanic/Garage Owner and while this was a cleaner romance than what I'm used to, it did not make the story less in any way. The characters were vivid, the story well constructed and written so that nothing was missed, and the sweetness, the humor, and even the tinge of angst to spice things up made it so I was glued t
Jessica
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review, thank you again!!

I’ll start off by saying if you like Colleen Hoover books then you’ll enjoy this book! This story is about a single mom, Annie starting over and moving into a fixer upper rental with her four year old son, Jones and another baby on the way and falling for her overly attractive and kind neighbor, Cole. Annie has some personal struggles from her past relationship that she’s trying to work through and learn from a
Tara Baker
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I don't want you to weave yourself into the fabric of my life, only to change your mind and rip the seams."

Annie, a VERY pregnant 25 year old single mother of one, moves in next door to Cole, a tough and surprisingly compassionate mechanic/garage owner who is VERY.MUCH.TAKEN.THANK.YOU.VERY.MUCH.

Annie isn't your typical damsel in distress which I loved. Sure she has baby brain and is working through some pretty life altering cry-into-your-icecream shit and as a result makes some hilariously ques
Julie Lopez
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off, I need to tell you that I don't read Romance books, I like espionage and historical books. I was asked to be an ARC reader. So there was a block to sit down to read it as I am always busy. But in the opening chapter, I was hooked. Annie was so real. She was MY neighbor who just moved in and I wanted to get to know her better. I cried, I laughed, I cheered her on. Getting to know her, her son and Cole was delightful, refreshing and real. I did not enjoy having to stop reading (as I had ...more
Amanda
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
[I received a copy from the author for an honest review]

Like You Mean it by Jillian Liota is a contemporary romance about family and finding your happily ever after.

Pregnant and single mother Annie is Cole's new neighbor. They quickly become friends, and he lends a helping hand when needed. The bond he grows with her son Jones and his friendship with Annie makes him realize maybe he has been missing something from his life. Annie is thankful for the friendship she's found with Cole and it helps
Chelsea Byard
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. **

This is my favorite Jillian Liota production yet! This book was so lighthearted and exactly what I needed right now in my book rotation!

You will fall in love with Cole and Annie, just like I did! 😍

If you’re looking for an excellent, lighthearted, lovely beach read, this is it! Mark your calendars, it’ll be released on November 13!
Gwen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of Jillian Liota's work before. She provided me an ARC for Like You Mean It and I am happy to share my thoughts.

I really, really, really liked this book. I can tell when I really like a book because 1) I talk about it with my husband, who could care less, 2) I stay up way too late reading it and 3) I sneak in reading while at work. This book ticked all of my boxes and I gave a big happy sigh when I finished it.

Annie is a single mom to Jones and is pregna
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! From cover to cover I was captivated and wrapped up in Annie's life and hoping for a happily ever after for her and her kids.

The drama was real, the emotions were high and the feelings were deep. This story about broken, shattered and very pregnant Annie and her determination to pick up the pieces of her life after the loss of her husband just pulled on my heart strings and made me want her to succeed and find happiness!

Sometimes all it takes is the kindness of a stranger t
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poor Annie is pregnant and no food in the fridge, she smells the neighbors cooking/grilling and waltzes there to ask for food, yes food. Cole decides to take pity on her and offers to bring over dinner for her and her kid. Now, this was something new for me to read in a sense of how I view and usually like my male hero's, the heroine part was spot on how I liked it, she was not shy, strong but broken. The anticipation in this book about killed me, I wasn't sure where it was going to go, why, I w ...more
Amanda Cuff
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge-2019
I won a signed copy of this book about 4-5 months ago. Because I'm a busy mom, I rarely get the chance to sit down with an actual paperback book, so it took me quite awhile to pick it up. I finally got the chance and from the moment I started, I couldn't put it down. Every spare moment I had, I had this book in hand. I really loved the characters. Annie is sweet and adorable, but also strong and independent. I love the kind of mother she is, easy going but also a rule enforcer. Cole is a big swe ...more
Novel Grounds
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I could have SWORE I reviewed this! Alas, I cannot for the life of me find it! I swear Goodreads and Wordpress eat reviews.

I really enjoyed this book. Jillian crafted a beautiful story that I loved from start to finish. Sometimes I need a break from my typical angst filled or crazy reads, but it was swoon worthy and filled with all the emotional traps that I also love.

In this we meet Annie and Cole and I loved them. Single parent reads are IT for me. Throw in a few other trope-is characteristi
Joee
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story was so incredibly sweet! It's that type of story that gives you all the warm and fuzzies! I was so honored the author sent me her book for an honest review.

I really enjoyed how incredibly kind hearted the two main characters were. Right away, my heart just ached for Annie and I wanted her to find happiness.

Then of course you can't not fall in love with Cole. Major dreamboat! He was seriously such an amazing guy. Plus hello hottie! I was sold once I read he was a Jax look alike.

This
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Like You Mean It by Jillian Liota was an emotional and charming slow burn romance between new neighbors. Annie is a single man who wants a fresh start. Her life has not been easy, but she is determined to start over for her son and upcoming child. I love seeing her determination to move forward. Cole is her new neighbor and steps in to help her and her son. He was rough around the edges but was also caring when needed.

Annie has so much weighing on her and Cole is in a relationship, though one h
Linda
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Jillian Liota's book, Like You Mean it. Annie McAlister is a young widow with a 4 year old son, Jones, and a baby on the way. Cole Lannigan is her 34 year old next door neighbor. His weekend girlfriend doesn't like the amount of time he spends with them. But he starts to really care for Annie and Jones. I liked the characters and their interactions. This is a well written story and I read it in one sitting.
T.S. Murphy
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this in a single day. I love the vulnerability that is Annie, and the strength that is Cole. This story was an emotional and perfect single mom with a sexy neighbor story. A slow burner that will give you all the feels! Thank you so much for this story!
Chase Coe
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Karen McNl
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read
Sarah Mana
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, i really loved this book, the story of annie and cole, us the sweetest, most deserving love story i have read in such a long time.
Emily
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like You Mean It is so much more than a romance. It’s a story about friendship, and the power that it can give you to heal from past hurts. It’s a story about overcoming and becoming the person you were truly meant to be. It’s a story about family, and finding your future. It’s all of these things, and so much more.

This book is the story of Annie, a single mom of a four year old boy named Jones, with another baby on the way. Annie has moved across the country after the death of her long time boy
Gisela
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5! Cute! Check out @litchicksvlog for our talk about it. <3
Becky
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book hit me in all the right feels and I feel like I read it at just the perfect time. I connected with it on so many levels and it tickled my heart just right.

Annie is a newly single, widowed mom who is trying to make ends meet while being very heavily pregnant. She began as a damaged, timid woman who by the end of the book was able to fight for what she wanted and stand up to things she didn't. I admired her transformation and growth throughout the story.

I don't want you to weave yoursel
❤Love&Books❤
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS
*ARC in exchange of an honest review*

I received the Arc from the writer and I'm so glad that she send me her book.
I loved her work from the first few pages when Annie all hungry and desperate, at the front of her neighborhood Cole.
This is absolutely a slow born like nothing is happening until 95% of the book, but you can feel the chemistry and the feeling between this 2 characters. It's like reading a fairytale with the perfect prince charming that he'll do anything to make you happy.
L
Liz
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charming and sweet slow burn romance.
Eye in Bookland
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Una historia muy adictiva, que tanto su historia y sus personajes me gustaron, pero al final siento que hubo cierta desconexión entre unas cosas y otras, que en lo personal hicieron que la historia de amor como el final se sintieran algo apresurados. Pero sí la disfruté y espero saber más de estos personajes.
Sarah Clay
Feb 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Jillian has been writing since she was old enough to hold a crayon. Her very first book, about a mermaid, was printed into hardback when she was just 5 years old. (Thanks for paying for that, mom and dad!)

Over the years she continued to write fiction, primarily based on her own life. She went to college, then grad school, and began working in university settings in the U.S and New Zealand.

In her m