Start by marking “The Wrong Game” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3,521 ratings  ·  568 reviews
Two season tickets.
One genius idea.
Zero interest in a relationship.

The plan is simple: a brand new, hot, preferably funny, definitely single male will fill one of those seats for every Bears game at Soldier Field. And I’ll fill the other.

I can’t think of a better way to use the season passes I’d bought for my ex-husband. I am a woman of plans, and this one’s
Published October 16th 2018

Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4.25 stars!!!

photo IMG_2224_zpsh3kxnid4.png

The Wrong Game is a adorable and fun read that was emotional enough to give me all the feels! I loved Gemma and Zach! Kandi’s writing is fantastic as always and I loved the original spin she put on this sports romance.

Gemma is someone who lives for lists and rules and plans. She has suffered a loss and with that loss she was burned in the worst way. Ever since then she’s decided to stick to her plans, to stick to the one rule she’s given herself.
I made one simple plan, with
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
The Wrong Game has got to be one of Kandi Steiner's best books to date and that is saying a lot because every single one of her books have been INCREDIBLE! This was a sexy, sweet and hilariously intriguing story that had be captivated from beginning to end. The prologue drew me right in, but it was the storyline that kept me engaged and had me wanted more as I found myself devouring chapter after chapter. There was so much to adore about this
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Love me a good ole love story that gives you the good feels of getting a second chance at love, the right way!!

Gemma Mancini has been hurt, she's had the ultimate betrayal played on her. She's made it her goal and also set rules for herself that doesn't allow her to fall in love again. So she sets her sights on dating, lots of dating, so she can get a lot of interaction and to begin living again after having her heart broken and shattered. So, first up is a trial run to her game, a game
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

THE WRONG GAME: Is a full length, stand alone romance novel by Kandi Stenier. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives.’ In this we meet Gemma & Zack

Straight away we jump into the 'Prologue' which kick started all the feels, it’s where we’re first introduced to twenty-nine year old Gemma who lives life to plan, a bit OCD when it comes to her lists, but sometimes plans don’t go accordingly and she finds herself alone in
Alex ♈
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe
2 stars + 1 star for the hero's family 'history'

The book has some strong and emotional moments. Family values - my favourite part of it.
Apart from some 'small' things this story was safe.
A hero, who wasn't afraid to show his emotions - we don't have a lot of such males in romance, unfortunately.

Better people than me can surely overlook all those 'small' issues. It's a shame I couldn't.

!!!Possible spoilers!!!

I liked the idea of a man chasing a woman and fighting for her affection.
And I had
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was an okay read. I didn't love it, but I also didn't hate it. I am a football fan, and I am always looking for a football theme romance during football season -- so this hit the spot for me there. I just had some issues with the h pushing away a little too much for my liking. I also would've liked a little more of a concrete ending for the couple. There were also some points in their development of feelings that felt skimmed over or even time jumped that I would've
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live amazon https://www.amazon.com/Wrong-Game-Spo...

5 stars

What a lovely story, it has all the things I love in a good romance.My heart was aching, I was swooning and melting and I was emotional too.I had so many feelings while I was reading it.

description

Gemma and Zach stole my heart.I loved them so much.Gamma is strong and sweet.Zach is amazing, he is exactly the guy I want!! He is so swoon worthy!

The Wrong Game is a sweet, intense and emotional read.Kandi Steiner touched me with her words and I was
Kandi Steiner
Sep 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 (𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝)!

amzn.to/2ylJpPc

NOW LIVE!

𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄?!

Sports Romance
Football
Fall Vibes
Enemies-to-Lovers
Based in Chicago
Angsty AF
Sexy AF
SOON AF ;)

Here's a Goodreads EXCLUSIVE sneak peek inside. (pre-edits, subject to change)

Make sure to add to your TBR!

------------------------------------------

“Music!” she said loudly, snapping her fingers. Her dark hair swung over her shoulders as she pranced over to a large speaker in
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gemma Mancini is a newly single 29 yr. old woman living in Chicago who needs a fresh start. She's had a long year after the life she built fell apart. The last man she let close had destroyed all her faith in men, so she vowed only to depend on herself. To avoid heartbreak at all costs she had to be in control. She wasn't ready to date or be in a relationship, but maybe she could have some feelings-free fun without getting hurt. She has season
Dilek VT
OMG, this was one of the most torturous reading experiences ever!

I wanted to DNF it but then I wanted to see if the hero would come to his senses but nope, he still loved this girl who hurt him repeatedly and pushed him away for so many times.

*********************************************

Well, the book is a torture and a long one. For 328 pages long, the same vicious cycle repeats itself:

He begs her to give them a chance.
She says no.
He begs some more.
She says yes.
She tries for a while.
Then she
Staci Hart
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is *everything* I wanted this fall.

The prologue knocked all the air out of my lungs (I mean, it IS a Kandi Steiner book, after all). The opening was brilliant. The premise set me up for all the angst Kandi delivers, but in a light, comedic setting that had me D Y I N G for these two characters to fall in love and have a million babies already.

Gemma is broken, trying to move on in the best way she knows how--with the help of an iron will and a death grip on the sheet of paper she's
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Gemma was worth fighting for. And I was all in.”

Wow! I absolutely loved The Wrong Game. Kandi Steiner’s writing is simply poetic genius; all of her stories have the ability to make me feel every emotion thinkable. She is a true storyteller and I always look forward to her newest release. The Wrong Game is a captivating and fun sports romance that I would definitely categorise as a must read.

Gemma is a super organised person who lives her life by lists and plans. Even to the point where she
The Book Bee
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
REVIEW: 2 STARS

Book slump? sigh Maybe? I don't know, but I do know that I am struggling with this one, so please understand I mean no disrespect with this review. I feel like I was completely misled, to be honest. I am not necessarily mad, but more like sad, shocked...and yes, let down by this book. I was promised an angsty sports romance. That is not what I got with this one. Like, at all? Yeah, at all. I didn't make it out of the prologue without having to breathe through an eye roll....and it
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

"This time, I want the real thing. No more practice. Let's play for keeps."

I always enjoy Kandi Steiner's books and this one was no exception. Gemma and Zach meet when Gemma is going through a transitional stage in her life. She's trying to move on from a very painful ordeal and her best friend, Belle, comes up with the idea of picking different guys to go with her to football games and then hooking up. Of course, they are discussing this in a bar and naturally Zach is the bartender.

He
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kandi Steiner Fans, Romance
When Wrong is So Right Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
How many times do you wish the guy in the story would just open up and talk to his "person". Where you wish he would tell her what he is thinking and be willing to take that risk...Would it take away from his Macho Appeal...would he lose his man-card...Well, if done right, all it does is make the guy sexier...

Kandi Steiner took this deep reader's desire and ran with it. She created a man who could make any woman's panties melt, have all the
Olga therebelreader
I adored this book and devoured it in one sitting. Gemma is a smart, sexy and cute character and I loved the dynamic between her and Zach. I enjoyed spending time with them. I loved the football theme, the story idea was pretty good…the entire book is hugely addictive. I could NOT put it down. I can only compliment the author on the characters and dialogues. Funny and sad, loving and romantic.
I really enjoyed this book and if you’re looking for a sport contemporary romance that is all fluffy,
Na
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"It was as if those eyes knew me, like we were playing a game and he was three moves ahead."

One thing you have to know before reading this book is, that Kandi Steiner is one of the girls who feel everything. If this author is not new to you, you know this by now. And because she feels everything, she has this amazingly talent to write books like The Wrong Game.

"She was like a Rubik's Cube in a blind man's hand - impossible to figure out. And yet I was the blind man determined to try."

Lynn
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Wow what a great book. I love pretty much all Kandi Steiner books, and this one was no different. Great characters, angsty scenes, fun dialogue and a moving, realistic story. I also found the heat level in this one was higher than most of her previous books, with a few verrrry steamy scenes. Overall I loved it!
Vanessa (nessreads)
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 “BEAR DOWN” Stars

You know those books, the ones where you read the prologue and that’s it, you’re hooked? Well, that’s exactly what happened with The Wrong Game. It captivated me right from the start and I knew without a doubt I was in for an unforgettable journey. And this book was exactly what I needed. It’s like Kandi spoke to my football loving heart. And the fact that she also wrote about my favorite NFL team, Da Bears, well that was
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 "BEAR DOWN" STARS!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What began as a "practice round" turned into the wrong game all along!

This is the first sports romance I read where neither the hero/heroine played an actual sport instead the story's plot involved the fandom surrounding the sport! I would say if you were a lover of football and romance you would totally appreciate this story

This book was such a sexy and emotional journey of two different people who were hurt at different points in their lives from people they loved.
Jessica
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's no secret that Kandi Steiner is an auto-buy author for me. After reading some heavy emotional books for her past two releases, I was so excited for a fun football romance from her!

When Gemma was betrayed in the worst way possible by a man, she has no idea how she'll ever open her heart again. So with the Chicago Bears season tickets she bought the man who betrayed her, Gemma is determined to meet a new man every week to bring to the game with her. But when Zach Bowen, a hot bartender who
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

Woah. This book was amazing. Honestly, it was the perfect mixture of a sweet funny book with all the angst I need. And Jesus Zach Bowen, he is reason enough for anyone to pick up this book. He was the fucking perfect bookboyfriend. I fell in love with him at first sight and for me that's insane but it happened people. He was truly everything! And I loved him and Gemma. They were so cute and fun and made my heart hurt some but overall they were pretty perfect.

Order at: Amazon UK
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sensitive portrayal of a woman trying to find her footing, the story is full of sweet pain and scarring aches and you get swept away in the throbbing together of broken hearts.
“They’re both a little crazy , both a little messed up. But they’re choosing to be messed up together.”
It's not a second chance story but a story about second chances that life gives you. Each day is an opportunity to make your life better and brighter. It's not how many times you fall, it's about how many times you get
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arcs
NO SPOILERS!

The Wrong Game has hands down been Kandi Steiner’s BEST book to date, and I absolutely loved it! It was sweet, sexy, fun, and entertaining, and I adored it with all of my heart. The storyline and characters were phenomenal, and I loved Kandi Steiner’s writing style. Her love stories are always beautiful, powerful, and memorable, and The Wrong Game was no exception. I already can’t wait to devour her next release, whatever that may be!

The storyline was amazing. Sports romance,
Jenn Keller
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, 3-stars
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

Holy emotions! Hot damn Kandi knows how to make ordinary story lines extraordinary! I really enjoyed how light hearted this was initially and then the flood of emotions and angst that flooded in towards the end! Loved it! I can't wait to continue to read more by her.
Myla
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

The Wrong Game is a story of two people burned by love. Trust is difficult for Gemma to give to any man because of what happened in her in the past. Decided to go for no string attached relationship proved to be more complicated than she anticipated. Zach wants to give love another try, but the woman he likes didn't want anything serious. Is she worth pursuing?

Kandi Steiner can never go wrong in writing such an angsty, heart-rending plot that will keep you turning pages. I tremendously
Shayna
“He could leave. I could leave. We could both end up heartbroken, sitting on the floor of our souls and trying to piece together our lives again. But, we could also find forever. We could take the next steps together—toward a year, five, or maybe, forever. And that was a game worth playing.”

If you’re looking for a romance where you can feel the love and the emotion all the way down to your bones…look no further than Kandi Steiner’s latest standalone, The Wrong Game. With an absolute
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
This was the first book that I read by Kandi and it definitely will not be my last.

This book is full of emotion. You see two characters who have lost and sacrificed so much during their life trying to open up and be vulnerable with one another.

Gemma is such a strong but broken character. There is no way I could have handled the situation she went through in the prologue like she did. She was selfless and put everyone else’s needs above her own. The loss of trust and heartache that she endured
Darcus Murray
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when this book landed on my Kindle. I've only read two books by Kandi Steiner in the past but I instantly fell in love with her work! Girl is darn good at the romance and the angst and I knew that she had pretty much become an insta-buy author for me.

I was hooked on The Wrong Game as soon as I began reading. It was definitely hard not to. Even in the very beginning, Gemma was a very poignant character that made me feel for her on such a level that it honestly hurt my heart to

• The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)
  • The Dugout
  • The Locker Room
  • I Bet You
  • The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • Player (Red Lipstick Coalition, #2)
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Hotshot Doc
  • The Lineup
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • The Consequence of Falling
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • I Hate You
  • Next In Line (Wait with Me, #2)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Work in Progress (Red Lipstick Coalition, #3)
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
Kandi Steiner is a bestselling author and whiskey connoisseur living in Tampa, FL. Best known for writing “emotional rollercoaster” stories, she loves bringing flawed characters to life and writing about real, raw romance — in all its forms. No two Kandi Steiner books are the same, and if you’re a lover of angsty, emotional, and inspirational reads, she’s your gal.

An alumna of the University of
“I love when you do that,” he whispered.
“Do what?”
“Exist.”
4 likes
“Our past has a funny way of becoming part of who we are in the future, and I think that’s the way it’s meant to be. Without the scars, without the pain, we wouldn’t be able to appreciate the times when everything is magical — the days when life is absolute bliss.” 3 likes