Start by marking “A Stranger on the Beach” as Want to Read:
A Stranger on the Beach

A Stranger on the Beach

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  3,213 ratings  ·  1,135 reviews

From the bestselling author of It's Always the Husband comes a novel about a love triangle that begins on a fateful night...

There is a stranger outside Caroline's house.

Her spectacular new beach house, built for hosting expensive parties and vacationing with the family she thought she'd have. But her husband is lying to her and everything in her life is upside down, so when t

Published July 23rd 2019 by St. Martin's Press

·  3,213 ratings  ·  1,135 reviews

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*
🎉Five Blew My Mind Stars!!🎉

Caroline is convinced that her husband is having an affair and then she meets Aiden, a stranger on the beach. As her marriage collapses around her and the lavish lifestyle she built for herself starts to crum ble, Caroline turns to Aiden for comfort and revenge. After a one night stand that means nothing to Caroline, means everything to Aiden. Aiden is obsessed with Caroline, her family and the house grows more and more disturbing. Aiden seems to be unstabl
Debra
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicely Played.....

There are books marked as Psychological thrillers and then there are the ACTUAL Psychological thrillers!!!! Holy Cow!

This is a book that I think it is best to go in as blind as possible. When you seem to have it all and your whole world crumbles what do you do? Who do you turn to? Caroline appears to have it all - good looks, a handsome husband, a beach house, an apartment in the city, fancy clothes, a nice car but everything falls to pieces all in one n
Norma * Traveling Sister
Holy Shooty Balls!!! Gripping, highly compulsive, & spine-tingling suspense!

A STRANGER ON THE BEACH by MICHELE CAMPBELL is an engrossing, chilling, suspenseful, fun, easy, brisk, and mind-bending psychological thriller that was absolutely unputdownable. I was immediately sucked into the narrative and devoured every single page of this highly entertaining and deceptive book. Once I started reading it I was hooked and so absorbed in the storyline that I lost all sense of time.

My nose was defi
Deanna
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2019-releases

My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

Forty-two-year-old Caroline Stark loves her new beach house and she can't wait to show it off at her upcoming housewarming party. But when her husband, Jason tells her that he's not sure if he can attend the party, Caroline is very upset.

The night of the party, Caroline tries to enjoy herself. However, she can’t stop watching the door. Eventually, her husband does show up, but he’s not alone. Caroline is horrified and embarrassed. Who is the
Larry H
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
In the profound words of Keanu Reeves, "Whoa." This book takes you on quite a ride!

With the completion of her incredible new beach house in the Hamptons, Caroline Stark finally has everything she wants—the lavish showplace of a home, a handsome and successful husband, the perfect family. Even if things aren't quite as storybook as they seem, she's come a long way from being raised by alcoholic parents and working her way through school to support her husband.

One night she
megs_bookrack
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
**4.5-stars**

Caroline and Jason Stark have been married for 20-years. Like most couples, their relationship has had its ups-and-downs; recently, more down than up.

With their only child, Hannah, recently off to college, and Jason traveling a lot more for work, Caroline focuses her energy on building her Hamptons dream house.

After the lavish project is complete, Caroline decides to throw a house warming party, inviting all of their rich and influential f
Dita
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I stayed up until 2:30 this morning to finish this one and even if I feel tired today it will have been SO worth it!

Michele Campbell hits it out of the park again with this amazing thriller! Caroline has a life many would envy; a gorgeous new beach home, a successful husband, a loving family, a job title she can toss around even as she spends her days running on the beach and working on her new house. But sometimes things are not as they seem. Caroline is already lonely when she disc
Holly  B
Looking for a fun, fast summer beach read?

This one features a beach front setting, an obsessive relationship, and two POV's. One in first person and one in third person, but they don't exactly match up, so we must decide who is being truthful and who is living in their own little reality. Hmm... I think I know!

Caroline and Aiden have a roller coaster of a relationship and most would agree that it did not start off on the right track . Her being a seemingly happily married woman and Aiden being a complete strangerreality. Hmm...
Chelsea Humphrey
I'm going to keep this one short and to the point, because so many other reviewers have given much more helpful thoughts on this book already. While the plot was intriguing and featured a clever idea, I found myself having trouble connecting with the characters. I'm quite likely in the minority here, but the multiple scenes that are told from one perspective first, and then the other, slowed down the pacing in the middle portion and I found myself struggling to stay focused. Overall, a light sum ...more
Kaceey
Caroline is arranging the party of a lifetime at her beach home. But it’s not purely entertainment. She’s also hoping to use this opportunity as a re-launch of her design career.

Everything is set and prepared to perfection. Beautiful, just one minor detail...where is her husband? Suddenly he’s spotted across the room, and he is definitely not alone. Lover boy has a ravishing brunette hanging onto him! How dare he!

A chance encounter on the beach, followed by another surprise meeting at the local w
Michelle
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Caroline Stark is just putting the finishing touches on her brand new beach home when she notices a young man staring at her house from the beach below and this isn't the first time she's seen him out there watching. Busy with making housewarming party plans she quickly forgets about this stranger.

At the housewarming party Caroline and her husband, Jason, get into an argument in front of all of the guests and much to her humiliation. She is convinced that he is having an affair but rather than
Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters
The roller coaster ride in Santa Cruz scared me to tears years ago when on Paul‘s 50th birthday, one of the things that he wanted was for me to finally ride it with him. I was so incredibly frightened - my knuckles were white and my eyes closed the entire time…
When I got off, I just started bawling crying. But then for the next hour I was very calm and serene. I still remember the body feeling.
I did tell Paul...”NEVER AGAIN”!
So why am I sharing this?
This was a crazy- fun listening
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
What a CRAZY, frantic, page-turning ride! Michele Campbell hooks you from page 1 and never lets go!

Caroline Stark seems to have it all - a gorgeous new beach house, a successful husband and a daughter headed to college. Now it's finally time to focus on herself and revive her career. What better way than to throw a lavish party and re-announce yourself to the world - bigger, bolder and ready for the future?

Unfortunately, Caroline's perfect life is far from perfect. In fact, the shiny surface is
Susanne  Strong
3.5 Stars* (rounded down)

One Crazy Wild Thriller.

An Affair. A Life Destroyed in Mere Seconds. Alternating Perspectives of Caroline Stark and Aidan, ”A Stranger on the Beach.”

There was a moment where my eyes literally popped and I mean popped. That good old fashioned skeevy feeling took hold. You know, the one that makes your skin crawl? Yeah, I think I still feel it.

Trust your instincts ladies. That’s all I’m going to say.
I trusted mine and admittedly, I had this novel figured o/>There/>One
marilyn
I enjoyed Stranger on the Beach and it really had me going for a while. It wasn't until about 2/3 of the book that I was pretty sure what was going on and still, I wanted to know more. Aidan, a 27 year old bartender, is fixated with the mansion on his late granddad's former property and he visits the land often, even once a mansion is built on the land. Carolyn is the wealthy 43 year old woman who has built the beach mansion, along with her husband, who work works for an investment company.

The
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading A Stranger on the Beach on 5/3/2019 and finished it on 5/6/2019 at 4:50AM. This book is a great read! As always, I go into the story blindly without reading the synopsis. I liked the start and got confused later on when views don’t add up and realized that the narrators were getting unreliable. I became lost and couldn’t guess where the story was headed and the main characters don’t help because they were confused themselves. I like learning how local beach citizens think of th ...more
Linda
"I have never lied to you. I have always told you some version of the truth." (Jack Nicholson)

Michele Campbell packs a wallop of lies, deceits, untruths, and fractured distortions into a wicker picnic basket ready for unpacking at the seashore. All the condiments come in varying sizes and strengths. Some are gonna be whoppers.

Caroline Stark has it all. She stares out of the cathedral window of her newly built lavish beach house. With her background in interior design, thi
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
This is Campbell’s best book yet!

Quick thoughts: Caroline has the beautiful new beach house she’s dreamt of...but her world is crumbling. She and her husband have a public fight at the local bar, where Aiden, a stranger who’s been lurking outside her house, is now bartending. Caroline’s marriage combusts further, and she turns to Aiden to seek revenge on her husband...But then Aiden becomes obsessed with Caroline. Just when things couldn’t get any worse, Caroline’s husband goes missing, and she
Brandice
A Stranger on the Beach is an entertaining ride, though the start was more fun than the finish. Caroline has it all - A loving husband of 20 years, a well-behaved daughter, a lavish life in New York City and now, her dream beach house. She throws a party at the new beach house, where her husband, Jason, arrives late, with a new woman. Rumors of his infidelity swirl and he seems dishonest with Caroline, claiming the woman is a business associate.

Caroline drowns her sorrows at a local bar, flirting wi
Liz
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Talk about one’s life going to hell in a handbasket...Caroline appears to have it all, a loving husband of 20 years, lots of money, a new beach house on the ocean. And all of a sudden, it all goes away, starting at her housewarming party. As the dominoes fall, Caroline has a brief fling with Aidan, a local young man who was a bartender at her party.

Told from two diametrically opposed viewpoints, Caroline’s and Aidan’s, the book moves at a fast clip.

In the beginning, the book reminded me of You
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Well hello there you fantastic psychological thriller! Wow this book is simply fantastic! It was a 5 star read from page one. I have read and loved Campbell's other books but this one is hands down my favorite.

What happens when you have it all, the perfect marriage, home and life and then....you find out your husband is not being totally honest with you? Your husband of 20 years is acting strangely after you move to your dream home. He appears to be cheating on you and doesn't even
Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends
Yahoo!! Michele Campbell has restored my faith in thrillers with this exciting, entertaining, uniquely written story that had me fascinated with our main characters from the very start right to that exciting ending that I did see coming.

A Stranger on the Beach is one of this summers highly anticipated reads and there has been quite a bit of hype built-up for this one. I was going to let that hype train pass on by for fear of all those hyped-up “Never Saw it coming ending” Well, well did I ever
Nilufer Ozmekik
Four my head is spinning and my grey cells started to give me “S.O.S” because of too much usage, feel like I got too many slaps on my face, the author definitely played too many mind games and she’s the winner stars!

There are three sides of this book’s story. Caroline’s, Aiden’s and the truth.( it’s out there! Ready to be found by Scully and Mulder)

Caroline tells us she’s the victim. Her husband is cheater. He vacuums all their bank accounts and shows up at their beach ho
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: I'll tell you everything that happened, starting from the beginning. My first impression of Aiden was that he was a potential thief. If only I'd listened to my instincts, I would've turned and run in the opposite direction. But that's not what I did. I walked toward him. And I will always blame myself for what came after.

ABOUT THIS BOOK: There is a stranger outside Caroline's house.

Tucker
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tucker by: St. Martin's Press

Many thanks to St. Martin's for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

Holy sh*t!! That was one hell of a plot twist!
***********
And the winner of the giveaway is Kelly W!
Thanks, everyone for entering
***********
Got this Media package which made my day! Of course, I didn't drink the alcohol because that would be illegal. I let my parents drink it.
Happy Book Birthday!

| Reddit
j e w e l s
Jul 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-bejeweled, dnf
ONE unpopular STAR

DNF at 20%

This is not my cup of tea. I've never read any of Campbell's books before, but I don't care for the insipid, gossipy chick-lit style that this feels like. I was forcing myself to stick with it, but just couldn't do it.

SEX. If you are into reading psyche thrillers with lots of sex scenes, I would recommend this novel for you. Me? nope. naaa-uh !

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. This is my honest opinion!
Kendall
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well well Michele Campbell you fooled me girl.. you definitely fooled me!

Let me tell you.... as you all know I am EXTREMELY picky with the books I choose to read... especially my thrillers. The first two books I've read by this author... were mediocre for me but this because I was SO thrown for a loop by the twist and ending... I have to give it to her ;).

This book was fun... and what I can say is that the obvious is NOT true in this. You're thinking and questioning so many things b
Katie B
This book is a tricky one to rate because I am left trying to decide if the positives outweighed the negatives. The story got off to a real strong start, but about a third of the way in I began to lose interest in some of the characters. Points to the author for coming up with a slightly creative story but there were parts I wish were more fully fleshed out. This is also the type of book you look forward to discussing with other readers because the opinions could be all over the place which is a ...more
Julie (JuJu)
**July, 2019 UPDATE: I just saw that this is going to be made into a Major Motion Picture. It should be an interesting one. I’m curious to see who plays the role of Aiden. He’s pretty hot in the book 😉 **

I love the beach...and thrillers, so this book was an instant draw. I didn’t even bother reading the book blurb.

We heard from two narrators—Caroline and Aidan—who told completely different versions of the same story. One of them had to be an unreliable narrator, but which
Carrie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Anyone know of that old saying that there are three sides to every story, his, hers and the truth? That is exactly what the psychological thriller A Stranger on the Beach by Michele Campbell brought to mind. The story is told from dual points of view of the same happenings that often vary greatly from one another and leaves the reader grasping for the truth.

Caroline Stark thought she was living the perfect life, wealthy and happily married. But just as Caroline is putting the finishi

• Dear Wife
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • The Arrangement
  • Blood Orange
  • Stolen Things
  • The Nanny
  • Such a Perfect Wife
Michele Campbell is a graduate of Harvard College and Stanford Law School and a former federal prosecutor in New York City who specialized in international narcotics and gang cases.

A while back, she said goodbye to her big-city legal career and moved with her husband and two children to an idyllic New England college town a lot like Belle River in IT’S ALWAYS THE HUSBAND. Since then, she has spen