Start by marking “Best Laid Plans” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans

NOW AN AMAZON TOP 50 BESTSELLER!

The summer before my senior year of high school I had only one goal: to make Alden Warner see me as more than his best friend's annoying little sister.

Finally, my wish came true and he noticed me. In a big way. Too bad that the next morning he had no memory of our night together, leaving me heartbroken, and as I later discovered...pre
Published October 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Start your review of Best Laid Plans
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
This heroine was too pathetic. She dated but none of her dates were the hero, She tried to have 1 ons and she couldn’t go through with it. She chickened out, she never slept with anyone but the hero.
The woman spent the whole book stuttering and apologizing “I-I-I” “I-I-I s-sorry”
She apologized until she was green and even after that she still apologized and when he acted like a dick he wanted to apologize she would cut him off and said that it was all her fault and that she was sorry because i
Sabrina
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm not a huge fan of books that involve a hidden pregnancy but I am a big fan of the brothers-best-friend trope so I couldn't pass this book up. And I'm glad I didn't since I ended up really enjoying it. I have never been in the same situation as Natalie yet I found her character very easy to connect to and at times could relate to the emotions that she showed.

Alden was also a really great character to read about and I could understand everything he was going thro
Christy
2-2.5 stars

Best Laid Plans is my first LK Farlow book and it won’t be my last. I know, you see the rating and you’re probably thinking… what? But let me explain. I really enjoyed this authors humor and writing style. The book was not for me, but I think I might have enjoyed it lots had it not had my #1 most hated thing in books… the secret baby. Ugh.

I heard this was a brother’s best friend book and I was so here for it. Then I started listening to the audio book and quickly realized there was a
Syndi
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author. The blurb is really promising. Falling in love with ur best friend sister. Always a go to for me. The story is simple enough and expected. The characters are likeable even though i wish nathalie have more backbone. Alden is the sweet Hero. Well he does reacts like an ass when he found out he has a daughter. But i can understand where he is coming from.

What i also loke there is some cooking tips lace together into the story. Which makes it more interesting f
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
I thought this one was dramatic but executed well with good character motivations and actions!!!
Mandie
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It had so much going for it! I loved Alden and Natalie so hard!! Beautiful second chance romance!
Jenny Jo Weir
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh, ok-read
It was OK, but I gave it an additional star because I did like it. Everything is pretty predictable and the plot goes as expected. There were a few scenes I could have done without but overall OK book.
Ally.Always.Reads
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta, single-parent
Y’all already know, I love me some Kate Farlow. I’ve been a fan since I discovered Coming Up Roses... and I knew then that she would be going places. I’m so excited that I can be on sidelines to watch her grow and succeed while cheering her on.

Best Laid Plans was another winner for me. It’s not a home run but it’s definitely a triple.
You get a little bit of everything with this book.
You like the brother’s best friend trope?
It’s got it!
Like single parents?
Done!
Secret baby?
Boom, baby!
Office rom
Heroesinbooks
3 Alden & Natalie (and little Tatum ) Stars

I struggled a bit with what rating to give this book. It had real potential to be a cracking 5 star read. It’s a good story with some really funny parts, a hero who I could have cheerfully slapped but then he redeemed himself and a heroine who I really was rooting for. The pace was good and there was lots of dialogue which was interesting and well done.

So, why 3 stars?
Two main reasons for my rating :
1) There are lots of typos and this book could reall
Christy Bailey
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One word...AMAZING! This book turned out to be way better than I expected! Yes there were a few errors in words but hey no one is perfect. I'm not really one for books where kids are involved because let's be real, I read to get a break from my kids. However Tatum stole my heart. She has to be the cutest little 3 year old ever! She made this book what it was. Alden was amazing in himself and stepped up big time. The world needs more men like him in it or at least I need to look harder. Haha. All ...more
Raine
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Story was confusing as all heck!

The story was pretty good right up until Natalie told Alden he was the father of her daughter Tatum. Alden was so angry because he believed that Natalie was a liar like his ex Mia. It seemed like he was kind of an idiot if he was with Mia for four years. He said she was a liar and trying to get money from him. Mia had said she was pregnant with his baby and would ask him for money to go to the doctor, but come home with a new designer bag. Really? Is he stupid? An
Jen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm confused as to why this has such a high rating.

Nothing was remotely interesting about these characters and they were under-developed.

The dialogue for Tatum was... okay, she's not a real 3 year old so I'm gonna say it—annoying as hell. It made it frustrating to get through.
Dilek VT
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as never-no-way
I hated everything in this blurb!
Happily Mary After
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommendation appeared on USA Today’s Happy Ever After on October 16, 2018.

For years, Natalie had a crush on her brother’s best friend, Alden, so when he shows interest in her one night, she doesn’t hesitate to be intimate with him. Unfortunately, he was intoxicated and doesn’t even remember it happened and breaks her heart. But she’s truly devastated when he becomes seriously involved with someone soon afterward just as she realizes that she is pregnant. She has the baby on her own and doesn’t
Erin Lewis
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L.K. Farlow is a relatively new author to me and why that is , I have no idea. From the first to the last chapter she had me enthralled with the story she wove. The writing was strong and I found myself totally invested in Alden and Natalie’s story. I enjoyed the narration by Lauren Sweet but I felt that the male narrator Rock Engle did not do justice to the part of Alden, but then that is just my opinion.

There were times that I laughed and cried reading Best Laid Plans as the emotions were all
Antonella
I expected more from this book... but as this is new to me author I will read more of her books..
I don't know what went wrong but in the end, I was annoyed..
2,5 stars
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Tater Tot" Stars ⭐️
Best Laid Plans was my very first read by L.K. Farlow and I’m very impress! The gorgeous cover initially grabbed my attention, but then I read the blurb and I was already sold on this story. Brother’s best friend, secret baby and second chance romances are tropes that I enjoyed particularly and together it shaped an adorable novel that gave me butterflies in the stomach.

Natalie Reynolds became pregnant from her big brother’s best friend, Alden Warner, when she was
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
This book was an emotional roller-coaster.

Sometimes I felt sorry for Alden and the shock he must have experienced, as well as the sense of anger and betrayal. Often I felt sorry for Natalie, doing what she thought was best but also hurting people in the process. There were moments when I felt bad for both of them and their extremely difficult situation. But then there were the times that I wanted to smack someone. I wanted to shout at their assumptions, prejudgement and accusation. So again, th
Jacqueline J
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
It wasn’t horrible but nothing to really write home about either. It seemed to lack depth. And again, why 1st person present tense? Also the little girl talked cutesy baby talk but her sentence structure and word choices were too old for her age.
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gah stick a fork in me, I’m done. This was so damn adorable and sad and oh my god I have all the feels right now, it was like an emotional tornado going off inside me.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Give me a second chance romance/friends-to-lovers romance and I’m putty in your hands, seriously they’re my absolute weakness in the book world and LK Farlow’s book was everything I hope for in these kind of books. She slayed everything and gave us a masterpiece, a huge ass masterpiece
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
I like books with kids and especially secret kids, but this was a little boring. Didn't love the female narrator either. Oh well.
Chiara
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Secret pregnancy is one of my favorite tropes, but unfortunately this book left me unsatisfied. This story felt too rushed, too insta-love and a bit too unrealistic. I didn’t like how the hero reacted and I didn’t like the fact that the heroine kept saying sorry and blaming herself for everything.
That being said, this was a new to me author and I will definitely read more books by her, because her writing style is really good and she definitely deserves a second chance!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
BEST LAID PLANS by LK Farlow this is the story of Alden and Natalie.
Natalie always had a crush on her brother friend. Natalie did have a hot encounter with Alden that left her with a baby but their shared encounter was something Alden didn't remember. Now years later Alden is back and their connection is still there along with the fast development connection with their child. I overall really enjoyed this book and will be looking for more from this author.
nikki
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once I read the blurb for this book, I knew I had to read it. Alden and Natalie’s story is everything that I love! Best friends little sister? CHECK!!! Surprise/Unplanned pregnancy? CHECK!! Adorable kid? CHECK!!!
This is my first time reading a book my LK Farlow, and I know for a fact that I will be reading more of her work in the future. BEST LAID PLANS was a sweet story, with great characters, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Julie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Life can get interesting when you are pinning for your brother’s best friend. Natalie knows that Alden should be off limits. He is older, more experienced, and her brother’s closest confidant. However – the attraction that Natalie has in regards to Alden prompts her to make a decision that will have a lasting imprint. In the midst of an alcohol infused night, Alden and Natalie find themselves finally giving into their mutual attraction. The only problem is the fact Alden doesn’t remember the nig ...more
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
LK Farlow has hands down become one of my favorite authors. She had me hook, line, and sinker right from the very beginning with her debut, Coming Up Roses and since then my love for her books (and of course her spunky personality) has grown with each new release. From the moment she released the first teaser of Best Laid Plans I knew that readers (myself included) were going to be in for another treat because this author knows how to write and e
Thuy Taylor
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read books with the whole keeping baby a secret from daddy trope. It's a personal thing, I just don't think there are enough excuses in the book to make it ok to keep a baby a secret from the father. It literally has to be a LEGIT excuse in my book. But, because it was LK Farlow, and she never disappoints me, I had to give this a shot, and I LOVED IT. She got me to like a secret baby romance!!!!! You know what I'm a sucker for? Not only amazing swoony amazing dads, but nicknames ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

I’m sure we can all agree that our teenage selves made some pretty epically bad decisions. Things we thought were right and they came back to bite us in the butt later. Natalie did just that when it came to Alden. Their age difference and booze at play doesn’t make for wise choices but the heart wants what the heart wants at least according to Natalie.

Natalie had grand plans for her life none of them was being a mom much less a single one so soon. She feels she would ruin Aldens li
Bookgyrl
3.5 for me.

I loved the writing, the easy way this is to read and of course... Tatum! Such a loveable kid.

I was not really impressed with the storyline I must say. Natalie is 17 and has a crush on her brother's best friend Alden so when he seems interested during her party she goes for it, only to be devastated when the next morning Alden doesn't remember a thing because he was really drunk. And soon he starts dating another girl, while she is taking a pregnancy test and bawling her eyes out. Sh
Joy Novel Thoughts
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Best Laid Plans is my new favorite from LK Farlow! It was emotional, humorous and heartwarming.

As a single mother with a son from a one night stand, I was able to relate to and understand Natalie in a way that I'm not sure everyone will be able too. She is forced to make some very difficult decisions at a very young age and although she may regret them, I get it it and have made the same decisions myself.

Alden is such a perfect hero, but not in an overly gross unrealistic way. He was flawed to

• Make You Mine
  • Waiting for Autumn
  • Breaker
  • Fool Me Once
  • Wait for Me
  • When Forever Changes (Forever Love #1)
  • The Wrong Game
  • Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)
  • Pour Judgment
  • Remedy
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • All I Need
  • I Bet You
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Marriage Mistake