Start by marking “Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)

Tomboy

(The Hartigans #3)

How exactly has one good deed landed me in the penalty box?

Ice Knights defenseman Zach Blackburn has come down with the flu, and my BFF—his PR manager—begs me to put my nursing degree to use and get him back to health. Of course she would call in a favor for the most hated man in Harbor City.

But when he’s finally on the mend and I’m sneaking out of his place, everything go
Published February 18th 2019 by Entangled: Amara (first published January 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Tomboy, please sign up.
Alisha Eadle I saw her post on the Muffin Top page that Finn's story is next

Start your review of Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Tomboy is book three in The Hartigans series by Avery Flynn. While I really enjoyed the first two books in this series, I now have a favorite. I loved this book. If you are wondering, yes, you can read this as a stand alone. Each book in the series is based on one of the siblings in this crazy, loveable, Hartigan family. The characters do recur in each book, though. So you wouldn’t have the emotional connection to the other characters if you haven’t read the previous books!

Fallon Hartigan is an
Sabrina
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Currently on sale for 99c!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This book has me fangirling over Avery Flynn so hard. I was already a fan of this series but now I'm straight up obsessed. I loved Fallon and Zach's connection and they made an adorably growly couple. They both had their walls up and could be a little stand-offish when it came to other people. Zach with his quiet fuck-off vibes that he gave to everyone and Fallon with her gives-not-one-shit attitude when it came to what other people wanted. They wer
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
What a great story. Even got a few tears outta me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the second book that I have read and reviewed by Avery Flynn and I realized that I love reading stories when the characters are so like you and me. They’re not beautiful people. They’re vulnerable but yet have that fiery soul that you just tend to gravitate to.

Usually when I read a book I like one character more than another. And, if I’m honest, I’ll say it’s usually the guy and it is.

But in this story I really enjoyed b
Syndi
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok listening on hot day. The chemistry is cute. Especially Fallon. I can relate to Fallon tomboy trait. I was just like her when i growing up. Wearing pants,super short hair, dorky and refuse to wear skirt of any kinds.

Listening to this book is reminisence to my teenager year. I wish the drama can be more dramatize. But overal this is a cute sweet story.

3 stars
Siobhan
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Avery Flynn hooked me with the first book in The Hartigans series, Butterface, and I was desperate for more. With Muffin Top, book two, my addition grew stronger. This third book, Tomboy, is easily my favourite in the series. In fact, it’s a strong four-point-five-star rating, nearly a five-star read. I’m unsure how the future books will live up to this one, but I’m desperate to see.

From the small introduction we were given in Muffin Top, I knew I would be hooked by Tomboy. Both main characters
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

4.5 Stars

Tomboy is the third book in the Hartigan series but can be read as a standalone romance.  I had already read and enjoyed Butterface, the first book of the series, but Tomboy totally captured my squishy romantic heart and Fallon is totally my kind of girl.

No good deed goes unpunished, at least that’s what it seems like for
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 18, 2019
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Tomboy is the third standalone in The Hartigans romantic comedy series! While I do own the first book, I just haven't gotten to read it yet, I can say without a doubt that each of the books can completely standalone. All in all, I think this was a really cute story. I love reading books about characters who do good deeds in life and this one hit that mark. Fallon is an ER nurse, but not only that. She also spends qu
Aaly
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, brothers, hilarious
review-blog

** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. **

I’ve been hooked with The Hartigan’s series from book one, heartfelt, funny and with interesting characters. How about the story of the most hated man in Harbor City finding his match?

I have to say the hero was the perfect cliché of the famous jock, connoisseur of women (with very not really thinking with his brain, you know what I mean), with a reputation that preceded him, the bad boy who couldn’t be tam
Dee
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
I read Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn before this one, but the couple in this book are mentioned in the other one so I was definitely interested in how Zach and Fallon's story panned out. This book is actually book three in Flynn's Hartigans series, but you can totally follow along here if you haven't read the other two. I haven't, and I didn't feel lost at all. It's kind of what I love about romance series.

I love a really
Somia
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Overall this was a easy and entertaining sports romance, one I can see myself picking up again at some point. This can easily and very comfortably be read as a standalone even if it is book 3 in a series.

I do wish Zach had been less hard on himself when it came to his parents, and I wish there had been a scene (view spoiler)

99p on amazon 16th March 2020.
Snow
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liked it!👍

Review on Monday...
Sharon
After reading 3 solid books from this author, I’m officially a fan.

Here are some of my thoughts:
• I think it is somewhat rare to see 2 characters who are for the most part really similar as love interests. I think I am used to reading a lot of opposites attract book (which frankly I enjoy) or just books where the characters are different. However, Zach and Fallon really work together in their mutual prickliness. I love that they are both blunt and bold while also secretly softies.
• I truly love
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
I just popped my Avery Flynn cherry and let me just tell you how enrapturing the experience was. This book was amazingly beautiful with fierce characters. I did not want to put it down. I fell in love with these two characters.

Fallon is a tomboy in every sense of the word. She is strong, independent and takes no BS from anybody. She says it like it is and doesn’t give a damn whether the person like her or not but her family is her weakness. She would do just about anything for them. That is wher
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 “Lady Luck” Stars

I want to start off by saying that I love the Hartigan’s!!!! This fictional family is one of my favorites. So far, the two previous books in this series, I’ve adored. This next installment is no different. Now we get Fallon’s story, another Hartigan sibling. And I must say I really enjoyed everything about this book.

Fallon is a nurse and she gets sucked into taking care of a sick Zach Blackburn, one the Ice Knights hockey
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

It gets harder and harder to write a review about a book written by Avery Flynn. There isn't much more that I could say about her wonderful romantic comedies. And, Tomboy is definitely that – a comedy of errors … until the truth comes out. Then feelings are hurt, hearts are broken and true love takes a front seat beside the camaraderie of some wonderful teammates.

Zach is one SOB. A loner by choice, needs no one but his PR Manager and Agent. He doesn't care that the people of Harbor City don't li
Lindsay
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This series continues to be well written romantic comedy that addresses the insecurities of the female leads. In this case, that tends to take a back seat because Fallon Hartigan is both too busy to care what other people think and too focused on her own goals to care. Even when she's put under the glare of media attention surrounding the male lead character, bad boy professional ice hockey player Zach Blackburn, it's all pretty much water off a duck's back. Until, of course, it isn't.

Fallon is
Nicole P
I really, really, really enjoyed this! It was a fun and easy read and I totally loved the characters, including Fallon, the female MC. And that is a miracle because I usually despise female MCs. She's even made it onto my Leading Ladies shelf. Then there was the tough and gruff Zach Blackburn. He really had the "being an asshole" thing down pat. Loved these two together. It was fun and hot to watch them "date". Great series with awesome characters and I can't wait for future books about the rema ...more
Patty
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bravo Avery Flynn!! Another great book! I absolutely loved this book. Now I am having a hard time deciding which is my favorite. Darn you, you marvelous writer you. Darn you!

In this third installment of the Hartigan Series, we not only get to see more Lucy, but we get to know more about Fallon. Fallon is not a girly girl. She doesn't where makeup, fix her hair or date. Fallon is a workaholic nurse. Always taking care of everyone and fueling herself on little to no sleep. Between working at the h
Bookphenomena (Micky)
This was a cute read but also a bit of a unmemorable one. I liked the set up and the characters but the writing didn't always keep me engaged.

I've read all three in this series so far and they've all been in the 3 star ball park so I think I'm done.
Caz
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this an A- for narration and a B for content at Audiogals, so that's around 4.5 stars

Avery Flynn’s Tomboy is an engaging romantic comedy with a few darker edges that charts the development of the romance between a no-nonsense ER nurse and a seriously grumpy hockey player. It’s predictable fare, but I enjoyed the story and the characters, and also really appreciated the author’s insight into the harmful bitchery encouraged by the anonymity of social media.

Fallon Hartigan knows she’s go
Howard
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun, audiobooks, fiction
4 Stars for Tomboy: A Hot Romantic Comedy (The Harriman’s,#3) (audiobook) by Avery Flynn read by savannah Peachwood and Brian Pallino. This was a really fun story. Just what what I was looking for right now. The narration was good too.
SheLove2Read
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I want to be a Hartigan! 4.5 stars
Lindsey
I loooooooooooved this. I haven't read the first 2 in the series, but I plan on going back and reading them. I'm pretty pumped that it seems like Avery Flynn plans on continuing with stories for the other Ice Knights hockey players. Or at least, that's how it seems at the end of this??

I thought this book was perfect, EXCEPTTTTTTTT - I found the epilogue to be superfluous... and a little off compared to the rest of the book. Honestly, I thought the book ended perfectly without the epilogue.

#Team
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
“Really? That’s what you’re going with? Oh, hold on.”
She started digging through her backpack.
“Here it is.” She lifted her empty hand out of the bag and held it palm up, looking down at it with a sweet smile as if she was holding something of astronomical cuteness.
“That’s all the fucks I give about what you want.”

I think for now I’ll be giving this a 3.5. It was good and I had a fun time reading it but it just fell a tiny bit short for me after reading the Brooklyn Bruisers series for some rea
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I've had my eye on Avery Flynn's Hartigans series for ages, but I've just not made the time to read any of them before now. I'm glad I took the time to read Tomboy and I'm really looking forward to reading the first two books ASAP. Preferably before ApollyCon, so I can fangirl over Avery and get her to sign all of them for me.

But that's neither here nor there. I'm supposed to be talking about Tomboy, so let me do just that. I absolutely adored
Sissy's Romance Book Review
TOMBOY by Avery Flynn is book Three in The Hartigans Series. This is the story of Fallon Hartigan and Zach Blackburn. This was a standalone for me. Fallon is a nurse at St. Vincent's Hospital along with volunteering at a low income medical facility. So her time and stress level are stretched. But when her best friend and future sister-in-law calls asking for her help...she has a hard time saying no. Lucy is a PR for Zach who plays for the Ice Knights and isn't a local favorite. Lucy talks Fallon ...more
Jackie
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, nicely written little read. Loved the characters and the love/hate thing it all started with. It’s not an overly complex story, a hockey player estranged from his parents for ‘reasons’ meets a no nonsense nurse and they are attracted to each other throw in the fact that she supposedly was his Lady Luck for his games and you’ve got your lot. I did think the Lady Luck thing kind of just evaporated as other plots took over but it didn’t occur to me until the end that the plot point ...more
Alison
Perfect if you are looking for a cute sports rom-com.

Fallon Hartigan is a nurse. She is roped into helping Ice Knights defenseman Zach Blackburn when he gets a dose of the flu by her BFF. They have already met but she found him rude and obnoxious. Plus, as a rabid fan, she like most of Harbor City hates his guts because since he joined the team he has played really badly.

Zach doesn't trust anyone, he has no friends, not since his parents and so-called managers swindled him out of most of his mon
Cyndi Becker
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I was getting ready to read Tomboy I'd been asked what was I was about to read and was I looking forward to it. My answer was Tomboy, with a resounding YES!. Once again Avery Flynn delivered a sweet, hilarious, and sexy love story centered on Fallon Hartigan and Zach Blackburn.

We met Zach in Muffin Top, as Lucy Kavanaghs' bad boy Ice Knights hockey captain client. He seemed like a massive jerk, and indeed I felt that way at first. But there is nothing better than a redeemable jerk and Zach r
Christine
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you've never heard of Avery Flynn (which, sadly, I hadn't until Muffintop, then I suggest you stop what you're doing, go to whichever preferred book retailer you normally throw your money at, and check out the Hartigan series by Ms. Flynn. I'll warn you, if you don't like any detailed love scenes, then she's not going to be your cup of tea. However, she's not what I'd deem "erotica", so... I'll just leave that there.

But, oh my word, does Avery Flynn know how to tell a quirky, flirty love stor

• Fluffy
  • Just the Tip
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Catastrophe Queen
  • The Roommate Agreement
  • Perky
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Kiss My Cupcake
  • Big Puck (Size Matters #6)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • Best Man (Billionaire Bachelors Book 6)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Credence, Colorado #1)
  • Finding Alexei
  • Laws of Physics: Motion (Hypothesis, #4)

The Hartigans (3 books)
  • Butterface (The Hartigans, #1)
  • Muffin Top (The Hartigans, #2)