Start by marking “Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)

Tomboy

(The Hartigans #3)

How exactly has one good deed landed me in the penalty box?

Ice Knights defenseman Zach Blackburn has come down with the flu, and my BFF—his PR manager—begs me to put my nursing degree to use and get him back to health. Of course she would call in a favor for the most hated man in Harbor City.

But when he’s finally on the mend and I’m sneaking out of
Published February 18th 2019 by Entangled: Amara (first published January 28th 2019)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Tomboy is book three in The Hartigans series by Avery Flynn. While I really enjoyed the first two books in this series, I now have a favorite. I loved this book. If you are wondering, yes, you can read this as a stand alone. Each book in the series is based on one of the siblings in this crazy, loveable, Hartigan family. The characters do recur in each book, though. So you wouldn’t have the emotional connection to the other characters if you haven’t read the previous books!

Fallon Hartigan is an ER nurse but
Sabrina
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Currently on sale for 99c!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This book has me fangirling over Avery Flynn so hard. I was already a fan of this series but now I'm straight up obsessed. I loved Fallon and Zach's connection and they made an adorably growly couple. They both had their walls up and could be a little stand-offish when it came to other people. Zach with his quiet fuck-off vibes that he gave
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
What a great story. Even got a few tears outta me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the second book that I have read and reviewed by Avery Flynn and I realized that I love reading stories when the characters are so like you and me. They’re not beautiful people. They’re vulnerable but yet have that fiery soul that you just tend to gravitate to.

Usually when I read a book I like one character more than another. And, if I’m honest, I’ll say it’s usually the guy and it is.

But in
Syndi
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok listening on hot day. The chemistry is cute. Especially Fallon. I can relate to Fallon tomboy trait. I was just like her when i growing up. Wearing pants,super short hair, dorky and refuse to wear skirt of any kinds.

Listening to this book is reminisence to my teenager year. I wish the drama can be more dramatize. But overal this is a cute sweet story.

3 stars
Siobhan
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Avery Flynn hooked me with the first book in The Hartigans series, Butterface, and I was desperate for more. With Muffin Top, book two, my addition grew stronger. This third book, Tomboy, is easily my favourite in the series. In fact, it’s a strong four-point-five-star rating, nearly a five-star read. I’m unsure how the future books will live up to this one, but I’m desperate to see.

From the small introduction we were given in Muffin Top, I knew I would be hooked by Tomboy. Both main
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

4.5 Stars

Tomboy is the third book in the Hartigan series but can be read as a standalone romance.  I had already read and enjoyed Butterface, the first book of the series, but Tomboy totally captured my squishy romantic heart and Fallon is totally my kind of girl.

No good deed goes unpunished, at least that’s what it seems like for Fallon H/>/>Review
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 18, 2019
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Tomboy is the third standalone in The Hartigans romantic comedy series! While I do own the first book, I just haven't gotten to read it yet, I can say without a doubt that each of the books can completely standalone. All in all, I think this was a really cute story. I love reading books about characters who do good deeds in life and this one hit that mark. Fallon is an ER nurse, but not only that/>/>
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
I read Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn before this one, but the couple in this book are mentioned in the other one so I was definitely interested in how Zach and Fallon's story panned out. This book is actually book three in Flynn's Hartigans series, but you can totally follow along here if you haven't read the other two. I haven't, and I didn't feel lost at all. It's kind of what I love about romance series.

I love a really
Aaly
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, brothers, hilarious
review-blog

** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. **

I’ve been hooked with The Hartigan’s series from book one, heartfelt, funny and with interesting characters. How about the story of the most hated man in Harbor City finding his match?

I have to say the hero was the perfect cliché of the famous jock, connoisseur of women (with very not really thinking with his brain, you know what I mean), with a reputation that preceded him, the bad boy who couldn’t be tamed on the rink, failing on his team
Snow
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liked it!👍

Review on Monday...
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
I just popped my Avery Flynn cherry and let me just tell you how enrapturing the experience was. This book was amazingly beautiful with fierce characters. I did not want to put it down. I fell in love with these two characters.

Fallon is a tomboy in every sense of the word. She is strong, independent and takes no BS from anybody. She says it like it is and doesn’t give a damn whether the person like her or not but her family is her weakness. She would do just about anything for them.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 “Lady Luck” Stars

I want to start off by saying that I love the Hartigan’s!!!! This fictional family is one of my favorites. So far, the two previous books in this series, I’ve adored. This next installment is no different. Now we get Fallon’s story, another Hartigan sibling. And I must say I really enjoyed everything about this book.

Fallon is a nurse and she gets sucked into taking care of a sick Zach Blackburn, on
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

It gets harder and harder to write a review about a book written by Avery Flynn. There isn't much more that I could say about her wonderful romantic comedies. And, Tomboy is definitely that – a comedy of errors … until the truth comes out. Then feelings are hurt, hearts are broken and true love takes a front seat beside the camaraderie of some wonderful teammates.

Zach is one SOB. A loner by choice, needs no one but his PR Manager and Agent. He doesn't care that the people of Harbor City don't like him. He kno
Lindsay
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This series continues to be well written romantic comedy that addresses the insecurities of the female leads. In this case, that tends to take a back seat because Fallon Hartigan is both too busy to care what other people think and too focused on her own goals to care. Even when she's put under the glare of media attention surrounding the male lead character, bad boy professional ice hockey player Zach Blackburn, it's all pretty much water off a duck's back. Until, of course, it isn't.
Patty
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bravo Avery Flynn!! Another great book! I absolutely loved this book. Now I am having a hard time deciding which is my favorite. Darn you, you marvelous writer you. Darn you!

In this third installment of the Hartigan Series, we not only get to see more Lucy, but we get to know more about Fallon. Fallon is not a girly girl. She doesn't where makeup, fix her hair or date. Fallon is a workaholic nurse. Always taking care of everyone and fueling herself on little to no sleep. Between work
Caz
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this an A- for narration and a B for content at Audiogals, so that's around 4.5 stars

Avery Flynn’s Tomboy is an engaging romantic comedy with a few darker edges that charts the development of the romance between a no-nonsense ER nurse and a seriously grumpy hockey player. It’s predictable fare, but I enjoyed the story and the characters, and also really appreciated the author’s insight into the harmful bitchery encouraged by the anonymity of social media.

Fallon Hartigan know
SheLove2Read
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I want to be a Hartigan! 4.5 stars
Lindsey
I loooooooooooved this. I haven't read the first 2 in the series, but I plan on going back and reading them. I'm pretty pumped that it seems like Avery Flynn plans on continuing with stories for the other Ice Knights hockey players. Or at least, that's how it seems at the end of this??

I thought this book was perfect, EXCEPTTTTTTTT - I found the epilogue to be superfluous... and a little off compared to the rest of the book. Honestly, I thought the book ended perfectly without t
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I've had my eye on Avery Flynn's Hartigans series for ages, but I've just not made the time to read any of them before now. I'm glad I took the time to read Tomboy and I'm really looking forward to reading the first two books ASAP. Preferably before ApollyCon, so I can fangirl over Avery and get her to sign all of them for me.

But that's neither here nor there. I'm supposed to be talking about Tomboy, so let me do just that. I absolutely ado
Sissy's Romance Book Review
TOMBOY by Avery Flynn is book Three in The Hartigans Series. This is the story of Fallon Hartigan and Zach Blackburn. This was a standalone for me. Fallon is a nurse at St. Vincent's Hospital along with volunteering at a low income medical facility. So her time and stress level are stretched. But when her best friend and future sister-in-law calls asking for her help...she has a hard time saying no. Lucy is a PR for Zach who plays for the Ice Knights and isn't a local favorite. Lucy talks Fallon ...more
Nicole P
I really, really, really enjoyed this! It was a fun and easy read and I totally loved the characters, including Fallon, the female MC. And that is a miracle because I usually despise female MCs. She's even made it onto my Leading Ladies shelf. Then there was the tough and gruff Zach Blackburn. He really had the "being an asshole" thing down pat. Loved these two together. It was fun and hot to watch them "date". Great series with awesome characters and I can't wait for future books about the remaining ...more
Alison
Perfect if you are looking for a cute sports rom-com.

Fallon Hartigan is a nurse. She is roped into helping Ice Knights defenseman Zach Blackburn when he gets a dose of the flu by her BFF. They have already met but she found him rude and obnoxious. Plus, as a rabid fan, she like most of Harbor City hates his guts because since he joined the team he has played really badly.

Zach doesn't trust anyone, he has no friends, not since his parents and so-called managers swindled hi
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
“Really? That’s what you’re going with? Oh, hold on.”
She started digging through her backpack.
“Here it is.” She lifted her empty hand out of the bag and held it palm up, looking down at it with a sweet smile as if she was holding something of astronomical cuteness.
“That’s all the fucks I give about what you want.”

I think for now I’ll be giving this a 3.5. It was good and I had a fun time reading it but it just fell a tiny bit short for me after reading the Brooklyn Bruisers series for some reason. It was ~kind of~ an enemies tocuteness.
“That’s
Robyn
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 - not my favourite of this series but still good!
Elaine
This is the third book in the Hartigans series but it works well as a standalone - and is a brilliant read IMHO!

Fallon Hartigan is the heroine in this story, a nurse who not only works at St Vincent's Hospital but volunteers at a medical centre for those who find it difficult to pay as well. She's also the person that Lucy, Fallon's best friend and future sister-in-law, calls when her client, the ice hockey star Zach Blackburn, needs some care and attention because he has flu - or is
Prerana
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was adorable!!

What I loved about this book was the kind of slowburn feel to the story. And I always love when other people play matchmaker. For some reason, I find it hilarious. I really liked Fallon, and even though Zach had a huge man ego, it turned out all right at the end. This was my favorite one in the series so far.

Butterface: 3 star
Natalia
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice easy non drama read!

H was a little assh*le but nothing over the top. Liked that the h wasn't "shy virgin" and was sexual liberat...

At the 70% mark the story dragging a bit... But was a funny story with a great couple!
Donna Was A Scandal
4.5 stars for this wonderful book...humor, heat,drama...all of the good stuff! Go to Scandalicious Book Reviews for my complete review: http://bit.ly/2SNFWFi
Karen
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Tomboy just might be my favorite in the Hartigans series! (And I definitely have a feeling I've said this about every single book in the series *grins*)
Flynn made such relatable characters that I couldn't help but falling in love with! They were real, and they were opinionated, and they were very hot and sexy together, too.
Of course, the whole Hartigan family had some get together, which I loved. But I also truly enjoyed the parts where Zach and Fallon were able to spend time togethe

• Off the Air (Running on Air, #1)
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man, #4.5)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • All It Takes (Romancing Manhattan, #2)
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
  • Fighting the Fire (Warrior Fight Club, #3)
  • Sense and Manscaping (Ideal Man, #3)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Mad About Moon (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #5)
  • Untitled (Bowen Boys, #5)
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)

The Hartigans (3 books)
  • Butterface (The Hartigans, #1)
  • Muffin Top (The Hartigans, #2)
“Breaking the kiss, she unwrapped her legs. “Let me down.”Uncertainty flashed across his face, but he didn’t hesitate, allowing her feet to touch the floor. “Everything okay?” he asked, moving his hands off her and taking a step back, giving her more than enough space to make a run for the door. “You don’t have to do this.” And there it was again, a glimpse of that soft center that totally fucked with her, [...].” 0 likes
“The man needed to stop acting like he had the brainpower of a box of rocks.” 0 likes