Start by marking “Waypoint 90: In the Chambers of the Sea” as Want to Read:
Waypoint 90: In the Chambers of the Sea

Waypoint 90: In the Chambers of the Sea

Published 2008 by Booksurge

To ask other readers questions about Waypoint 90, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waypoint 90

Simon
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
90 Miles and a World Away

Miami, Fla.—Only 90 miles separate Cuba from the Florida Keys. And the drama between the two is as real today as it was forty years ago. Author Simon Vincent explores the tension, passion, and tumult of Cuban-American relations in the 70’s in his new novel Waypoint 90: In the Chambers of the Sea (now available from BookSurge Library).

Waypoint 90 offers an in-depth look at the power of redemption through love; a story of passion and romance, of political intrigue and susp
Livin' la  Vida Latina
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Reviewed by: Celia
A Latina Book Club

Review: Story revolves around a boy named Johnny and his upbringing in the Florida Keys. Water seemed to have been an obsession for him, a calling really.

The story had a slow, uninspiring start for me, even though the language seemed to have an enriching ode to the sea. I suspect that this started off as a screenplay because not only did it have a cast of characters listed before the prologue (you almost never see that in a book,) but it also somewhat read li
Amy
May 31, 2009 rated it liked it
As of 7/26/09, I still have not received this book that was won on Goodreads. I was notified in May that I had won a copy, but still waiting to read it. Received the book on 8/4/09.

Overall, this was a decent book. I ranked it a little lower as the beginning started out choppy and the character development was a little disjointed. As the book progressed, the development and story line became smoother and it was better in the transitions. Not normally a book I would have picked up to read, but no
Kris
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as a first reads giveaway. I loved this book! Anyone who has spent time in the Keys or aboard a boat will love it, too. Simon Vincent does an incredible job of developing his characters and organizing several different story lines. The story is a well blended tale of love, family and making choices to benefit our fellow humans. I honestly didn't want this book to end! I am hoping Mr. Vincent will write another book soon.
Amanda
I will have to try to return to this book at a later date. I'm having trouble following the story with how the characters change. There isn't a smooth transition between the chapters and when you think you are still "with" one character, the author has changed his focus. I wish there was more exchange between the characters. I feel like some parts were glazed over where I would have prefered more elaboration rather than summarizing a relationship in a paragraph.
Laina
May 11, 2009 added it
I couldn't get through more than a couple chapters of this book. Perhaps I just didn't relate to the story, and the style of writing didn't make it much easier to me. I can't fairly say if this book was "good" or "bad" (if there is such thing), but it wasn't the book for me. Maybe I'll try it again in a few years.
Owen Parr
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story teller. A tale of love and the sea. Impactful plot with excellent imagery. Story develops in Islamorada and the the Florida keys and I could see myself there. Looking forward to more from this author!
Lauren
Apr 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: adults.
Recommended to Lauren by: simon himself.
very well written.
i think it was hard to follow, but maybe someone a bit older would have found it more easier to understand, and have more patients.
im deffinatly going to try and read this again at some point, when i have more time and can be more patient with it.
John W
May 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
An exquisitely written tale by a true story-teller! I didn't want to put it down! If you like a nice, clean read then this one is a must!
Absolutely awesome!
Cheryl
May 02, 2012
Hex Allain
rated it did not like it
Feb 08, 2016
Stacey
Aug 24, 2011
Mike Rogers
Apr 04, 2012
Simon Vincent is the pen name of Angel Vicente Fernandez, Jr. who was born in Cuba in 1951.
He is the author of “Waypoint 90-In the Chambers of The Sea” his first novel published in 2003. He edited and published, “Memorias De Un Taquigrafo”, his late fathers memoirs, in 1993.
Following his family’s exile from Cuba in 1960, Angel lived in New York City, Austin, Texas and Miami, Florida. Angel atten