Start by marking “Inked (Sailor's Grave Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Inked (Sailor's Grave Book 2)

Inked

(Sailor's Grave #2)

INSTANT ATTRACTION IS A POWERFUL THING.

Six months of dancing around each other
led to one explosive night
and two weeks without a word.

Only then did I learn the truth:
The man I’d wanted since he walked into Sailor’s Grave Tattoo Parlor
was actually an undercover cop.

And the worst part is,
I don’t even know his real name.

BUT WHAT IF ATTRACTION ISN’T ENOUGH?

For ov
Published October 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Inked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inked

Kate's Corner
After much debating with myself I have decided to go with 3.5 – 4 Stars. For me though it is going to be tough to write a review.

Characters & Chemistry

Jess is the receptionist at Sailor Grave’s tattoo shop. We meet her in book 1 and from what I can remember I was on the fence about her then and still am to be honest. She has had a tough life and she doesn’t like to be vulnerable but then again who does?

I liked Jess albeit somewhat unwillingly but if you look beyond her prickliness she is loy
AJ

The second book in the Sailor’s Grave series, and we are back in the MC-run tattoo studio, Sailor’s Grave, this time for receptionist/office manager, Jess’s story. And though this book is #2 in the series, and this series follows on from another series (Savage Disciples), this book can be read as a standalone.

Jess is a bold, confident girl who has had a difficult life but who has fought hard to get where she is, and she’s confident in who she is and her alternative-ish style. For the la
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Inked is the newest addition to the Sailor's Grave series by Drew Elyse and it was an amazing addition.

I instantly loved Jackson/Braden. And that's one of those dependable, consistent, great things about Drew Elyse books and her leading men. She knows how to write leading men you fall in love with even if they're having their moments that make you shake your head and ask why are they acting this way.

And to counter and perfectly balance those leading men she gives you leading women that you can
Kahea
***4.5 Stars***

Marked was my first foray into the words of Drew Elyse and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I love the world the story took place in and I wanted to get to know the various characters that were apart of it more. So, it was a no brainer that I’d be signing up to get my hands on Inked and I wasn’t disappointed. Inked is a quick and smexy read that’s filled with great characters and a nice little dash of suspense tossed in to keep you on your toes and wanting to turn the pages
Love N. Books
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pet’s $0.02

I never did understand how someone could go into undercover like they do in books and movies. Being away from your family that long, leaving everything you know. No one ever knowing who you really are?

I get why Braden held off for so long on asking Jess out. That had bad idea written all over it. You can’t even tell the woman your real name. I had a lot of respect for the guy for wanting that part of his life over with before he started anything. But he doesn’t know the meani
Lindsay
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book struck a chord with me right away. I loved how it started. I loved the way the prologue started with how Braden and Jess hooked up but felt like it was full of history and chemistry. I loved how Braden tried to stay away from her until he couldn't. Until he turned her down and was afraid she'd move on and he'd miss his chance completely. And I especially loved how when he was free to come back to her, he did. As in immediately and she was the first thing he did that wasn't work related ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the second book in a series. This was a good book. I really like Jess. She's a very strong, determined woman, who is full of sass. Braden was perfect for her. He was supportive and protective, and just there for her, which is exactly what she needed. I also really liked the suspense of the book. I wanted to skip to the end because the whodunit was driving me crazy, because I couldn't figure it out. Overall, this was a satisfying read, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book

Revie
Kimberly Garner
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, great story line. There was a great story arc here with some suspense and action I wasn't expecting. The characters are amazing, and Jess is sassy, and she gives as good as she gets. Braden was the hero we all love, alpha, strong, and loveable. The pacing was great, there was never a dull moment. I would highly recommend reading this, it was enjoyable. This story is told in dual pov.
Shahla's World

This was a really enjoyable read and my first from Drew Elyse. I’m now looking to read the Savage Disciples series and then we’ve got Parker’s story coming in this series which I’m excited for.

CHECKOUT THE FULL REVIEW:

Jo
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is, at 238 pages, a reasonably short book, and yet it feels much longer, for all the right reasons.

From the delicious cover, to the feisty characters, to the tension of the plot, to the beautifully framed and phrased narrative, there was nothing I didn't like about this book.

This was my first foray into this author's work.  It won't be my last.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Maria11
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great addition

Second book just as good as the first. It dragged some, but the end amped up to make it a tad nerve wracking. I liked Jess. Lots of strength but lots of insecurity too. Made her very real. Braeden was interesting guy and just held on tight to Jess.

Great addition to the series. Will read the next.
Lisa Book Shelf
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inked

She the sexy receptionist at the ratio shop and he's a undercover cop. But can these two find a happy ending when she needs protection from a stalker from the past. Got and sexy.
Angie Roddy
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Showstopper!

When you find that author that you go back to their books that you’ve already read million times because you just can’t find anything to read. Drew Elyse is that author for me :)
Mandie Foxylutely
Inked is the second book in the Sailor's Grave series but can be read as a standalone (although I do advise to read the first book as I loved it)

Jess is the off the wall and unique receptionist for the Sailor's Grave Tattoo Parlour which is owned by the MC. Over the last couple of months she has lusted after the enigmatic sexy customer who pushes all her buttons. When she finally decides he is just not interested despite all her hints and enticements, he totally surprises her and an explosive ni
Kirk
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f-romance
I’m always down for a romance set around a tattoo parlour and this was a particularly good one. Jess and Jackson had such a slow burn and a ton of UST when they met; you could almost feel Jess’s frustration coming off the page at Jackson’s unwillingness to take the flirting any further. From here on out, one of the most outstanding things about this story is how kick-ass Jess was. She never hung around and waited for things to happen, she just got the hell on with it, if it needed saying; she sa ...more
Steph
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jess wanted Jackson the second their eyes met in her tattoo studio, but he never made a move…so she did. After one night together, he totally ghosts her, and she learns he's not exactly who he says he is. Jess is stressed about it, but when she's brutally attacked, her attraction to the inked cop, whose real name is Braden Miller, seems secondary. Braden isn't giving up, though. The minute he's able to get back to his goddess, he's there, but will she give him a second chance?

I REALLY loved the
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Okay this book was everything and more. I was told I had to do a review that was spoiler free and holy hell I can't figure out how to do it because I love these characters in this book and the Tattoo shop is kick a$$ so I will say this about this book Drew Elyse you have OUT DONE yourself with this story full of suspense, romance, and steamy moments that make you need a glass of ice!

Jess is a strong woman who has gone through some things but she has picked herself up and started a new life. She
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh my! I LOVED Jess and Braden! I don't want to say too much for fear of giving it all away, but just know it's perfect! Just the right amount of sass, angst, love and suspense!
This is my second book by Drew Elyse and I will definitely read some of her other stuff because she writes an amazing story!
Page
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drew-elyse
The problem I have with this series is that the most random characters are featured. In book 1 it was Kate. Sure we knew her backstory but it wasn't time for her book. In this book it's Jess. It wasn't time for her story either. Next is Park...we have no clue. I like all three of these characters but feel like the author is slamming the book closed before we've had a chance to know them.
lorraine
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: changed
Jennifer Kreinbring
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
An intriguing continuation for the Sailors Grave crew.

I enjoyed this book very much. It flowed really nicely and had some funny banter as well. I really enjoyed the tie in’s to the Disciples, as I love all those characters so it was nice to see some of them make an appearance even if it was a small one. I loved Jess’s character, unique and strong willed. She was a victim without being a victim( if that makes sense, haha). Sometimes it takes something bad to happen to you for you to realize the l
Nicole Lloyd
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it from beginning to the end

Who doesn’t love a heroine who’s strong, doesn’t take any crap, and has no filter at all?

Jess is the receptionist of the tattoo parlor. She meets a lot of people, but one catches her attention. Braden was protective and always had Jess’s back.

Inked had me from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down until it was done. And the suspense of the book was out of this world.

I highly recommend Inked, and I can’t wait for the next book

Nicole
Book Haven Book Blog
Megan Hubble-Roney
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great second book

Kept me guessing until it was obvious who the bad guy was. I was wrong until that moment!

Jess and Braden are a hot, and wonderful dynamic. They work well together and Jess is a strong enough woman that she doesn't take any of Braden's alpha male bossyness, and Braden is smart enough to not want to break down the things that make him love Jess.

I'm super curious about Park and can't wait for his story.
Sweet Elly
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! AH-MA-ZING!

I just finished Sailor's Grave 1&2!!! Oh my goodness! It was exactly what I needed this week. Love with a teeny bit of suspense and action! Loved the characters and I honestly didnt want either story to end! LoL
McKenzie K.
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goddess

Holy hell did this story get to me. I found myself laughing out loud, yelling and panicking all in the matter of seconds. Jess & Braden are like no other couple I’ve ever read. I could t put their story down. Want so much more from this pair! Wow!!!!!
Karen Barnard
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Jess and Braden made such a amazing couple. I couldn't put this book down till I finished it. What Jess had to deal with growing up and finally being herself took courage. Braden was hooked first time he laid eyes on her. Excited to see what happens to Park.
Jo Adams
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love

Jess is the receptionist at the tattoo studio,spends months flirting with Jackson,till 1 night the spend in each others arms and then Jackson disappears.
Not knowing what's going on and with a stalker who attacks,can the pair figure it all out?
Kim Gauger
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

An amazing blend of suspense, lust, love and heat. I loved every moment in this book and love this tattoo shop! Great read
Bonnie McCutcheon
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

Another perfect story from this author. Picked it up and read straight to the end. Loved all the characters, new and old.
Meagan Brown
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Each book gets better and better

I think this is one of my favorite’s by Drew! Absolutely loved Jess and Braedan! Can not wait for Parker’s Story!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Phoenix (Blackwings MC Book 3)
  • The General (Professionals, #4)
  • Fighter's Claim (Devil's Wind MC, #1)
  • Lies and Illusions (Heaven's Rejects MC #4)
  • Howl (Southern Werewolves, #2)
  • Shadow (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis, #2)
  • Wolf's Hunger (Alpha's Hunger #1)
  • Rusty Cage (Rawlins Heretics MC, #1)
  • Pax: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Hellriders MC)
  • Broken Shelves (Unquiet Mind, #3)
  • Jackson (A Steele Riders MC Novel Book 3)
  • Wilder (Grim Sinners MC, #2)
  • Down & Dirty: Diesel (Dirty Angels MC, #4)
  • Defy (The Kings Of Retribution MC, #4)
Drew Elyse spends her days trying to convince the world that she is, in fact, a Disney Princess, and her nights writing tear-jerking and smutty romance novels. Her debut novel, Dissonance, released in August of 2014.

When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found over-analyzing every line of a book, binge watching a series on Netflix, doing strange vocal warm ups before singing a variety of music

Sailor's Grave (2 books)
  • Marked (Sailor's Grave #1)
“I want you, Jess. I want this. The other shit be damned.” 0 likes
“You really are a goddess.”
… “Does that mean you’re at my command?”
… “Not a chance. I’ll worship you, but you’ll get that how I want to give it.”
0 likes