Start by marking “The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)

The Crow Rider

(The ​Storm Crow #2)

The thrilling conclusion to the epic Storm Crow duology that follows a fallen princess as she tries to bring back the magical elemental crows taken from her people.

Thia, her allies, and her crow, Res, are planning a rebellion to defeat Queen Razel and Illucia once and for all. Thia must convince the neighboring kingdoms to come to her aid, and Res' show of strength is the
Published July 7th 2020 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about The Crow Rider, please sign up.

Start your review of The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
jessica
i was beyond ecstatic to receive an ARC of this. i remember ‘the storm crow’ being a wildly imaginative and entertaining story, so i was excited to jump right back into the world and this sequel hits the ground running.

it literally picks up where the last book left off and i immediately found myself not remembering little details, such as how several characters were connected, what was going on with the different kingdoms, and how the magic system worked. i wanted to blame it on my memory, but
Mary S. R.
(3.5 ★’s)

“You only fail if you stop trying.”

Last year with The Storm Crow, I felt its theme of depression due to my own past. This year, reading the sequel, I feel it because I’m experiencing it this very moment.

Depression is a funny thing (pardon my insensitivity) because in every single person it haunts, it brings a different battle; an ocean of self-doubt, a blanket of exhaustion, a mist of loneliness, a well of pointlessness, suffocating, suffocating, always suffocating you. And it never
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
What a friggin ride.

Also Ericen. Hello, my boy.

I was lucky enough to read an early version and yeahhhh you all are in for it. It's SO GOOD.

I'll write a full review soon, my loves!
Kalyn Josephson
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm really, really proud of all the work that went into this book, and I can't wait to share it with you all. Thia's journey has meant a lot to me, and hearing what it's meant to others has been incredible. I hope you're all ready for a lot more magic, action, and cute little crows (or rather big crows, I suppose).
Véronique
Mar 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: sequels
Ohmygod how am I going to manage waiting for this one after just finishing The Storm Crow 😭
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Not this book making me HELLA emotional during the epilogue !!

AGH this was seriously so so so so SO good. I'm Big Sad having to leave this world and characters behind but this had the Perfect ** ending.

ReviewToComeSoon <3

Beth
3 Stars!

To start with I just want to say that this was probably one of my most anticipated reads of the year. When I read The Storm Crow last year, I just connected with it on another level, I loved the idea of magical crows, the characters were so endearing, so much representation, I was here for it. So why did this get 3 stars you may ask? I'm going to start with the positives and then work my way to the things I didn't enjoy.

The representation in this book, is probably one of my favourites. T
rachel ☾
#1) The Storm Crow ★★★★★

◯ Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Atlas
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
* *
2 / 5

I enjoyed The Storm Crow, the first book in this duology, rating it a solid 4/5 stars. The main selling point for me was, obviously, the huge crows with magic powers that people ride. I really rooted for Thia too, who was battling her depression and found it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Unfortunately, The Crow Rider just didn't grip me at all, and I paged through it listlessly, waiting for it to end.

The first problem was that I had read the previous book well over a year ago,
Frankie Lovely
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jackie ϟ Bookseller
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a beautiful physical ARC of this title from Sourcebooks Fire in exchange for an honest review.

An emotional and exciting conclusion. RTC
Tilly
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I am a huge fan of The Storm Crow and told everyone I know to read it and kept on talking about how brilliant it is. I was over the moon to receive an arc copy of The Crow Rider and so excited to read it and see how this story ends.

I was not let down. Kalyn Josephson is an incredible writer. She made me feel so many emotions and had me clinging to the edge of my seat. I rarely knew what was going to happen next and completely enjoyed the ride (pun intended!).

I love ALL the characters in t
Chelsies Reading Escape
I loved the main character Thias determination to keep fighting even when the odds were against her. With the support of her friends and family she manages to push through the heavy despair of depression and put together a plan to stop Razel. I felt like Thia had more agency in this sequel and that's probably why I preferred it over the first book. I did get frustrated with everyone deciding what they should do with Prince Ericen. I just wanted them to respect her judgment since she knows him be ...more
Mary Seaman
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
ARC provided by Edelweiss

I am happy this is just a duology, I don't think my heart can take anymore.

I was always on the edge of my seat with this one. There was betrayals, battles, political espionage, the list goes on. I don't think there was ever a slow moment.

I really loved the unity of the characters. They may disagree and banter but they always found ways to help one another. I think with Thia's depression that will be really helpful. All the characters were complex too, not always-make-th
Diana
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it
3'5★

I loved the first book, and I jumped at the chance of finally! reading the second one. Immediately I remembered why I loved the first one so much: we have a MC who isn't perfect, but most of all, for me she was relatable because she struggles with her mental health. She has had an overpowering mother who always asked too much, and she keeps trying to remember she is more, she deserves more, she can do this, And along the lecture, her struggles are real, they are present, and she has coping m
karli
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: covers, 2020-releases
4/5 stars!

Thank you Sourcebooks for sending me an ARC of this book! All opinions are my own.

Wow, what a ride this duology was!

If you follow me you may have heard me speak about how much I loved The Storm Crow last year. It was an engaging new fantasy world with fascinating lore and a fun love triangle that also took the discussion of mental health into a genre that extremely lacks it. I loved the beginning of Thia's story and I loved the end. I do have to admit I was a bit more engaged with t
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Thank you Sourcebooks Fire for the ARC.

I swear I’m so in love with these covers *heart eyes*

The Storm Crow: ★ ★ ★ ★

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
The Nerd Daily
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

I’ve been eagerly anticipating the release of this book! After reading The Storm Crow last year, I just knew I needed to get my hands on the sequel as soon as I could. Now that I’ve finished reading it, I’m eager to see it get into the hands of other readers. The Crow Rider continues where we left off in The Storm Crow and continues to stoke the fires of rebellion. There’s growth and change between characters, and I couldn’t put
Melissasfandomworld
The Storm Crow | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ | REVIEW
The Crow Rider | ⭐⭐⭐

You only fail if you stop trying.
Never stop fighting.

description

Oh, it’s so hard to review this book. On the one hand, I’m really sad I’m done with this duology and I just want more more more because this world is truly interesting. On the other hand, this 2nd installment wasn’t exactly what I was hoping to get either and disappointed on some points as well.

Let me start with pointing out some things that I wasn’t overly excited about;

- I think
Jessica
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early copy of this and HOLY CROW. I couldn’t put it down. I was so desperate to see what happens to Thia and Co, and I wasn’t disappointed! This book dives deepen into the world Josephson created, with thrilling action, intriguing magic, and the perfect amount of romance. THE CROW RIDER is gorgeously written, and it’s a very satisfying conclusion to the tale begun in THE STORM CROW.
Rosario
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
I can't wait for this! I don't know how im going to last till next year its like im waiting for the next marvel movie to come out.
Victoria Booklover
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
I won’t call this my final review of the book because I’ve been in such a reading slump. We can say that this is a composition of my initial thoughts. Not only do I need to do a reread, but I need to do that reread when I’m not in a slump because it definitely affected my feelings.

So prepare for SPOILERS because they’re coming.

After reading the storm crow, I will say I was thoroughly interested in getting my hands on the sequel due to a couple of things that the author left me wanting more of;
Caylynn
May 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-release
"You walked into one of the most dangerous kingdoms in the world and faced one of the cruelest, most conniving people I have ever met, and you survived."

Hmmmm. hmmmmmmmm

I wasn't feeling this sequel guys. It was so mediocre. I feel like, in the last year alone, I have read so many dueologies/trilogies that rushed their climax like this CROW RIDER did, and it either feels like the battle never happened or it drags on for 1/3 of the book.

Seeing how the CROW RIDER starts of instantly where the
Blue
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Want to see more...
Bookstagram

Website

Thank you NewSouth Books for this book in exchange for an honest review

I have been dying for this sequel to come out! I kid you not, I had to quickly reread the first book before I dived into this world again with the story vivid in my mind!
The Crow Rider picks up right where the Storm Crow finishes and is still one of the most unique books that I have ever read! Not only is the Crow Rider fast paced, highly descriptive and full of adventure but it also d
Meaghan
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I really enjoyed this finale!! (Honestly, I really enjoyed this duology overall.) It's definitely not a favorite series ever, but I genuinely would recommend this, and felt it stuck out (in a good way) from other YA fantasy series out there!

My review of The Storm Crow really went into detail on what this book/series does differently from other YA fantasy books, and after finishing its sequel, I can safely say that most of those features continued well into this book!

First, I absolutely love how
Sydni
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
this was just a bit....underwhelming? I really enjoyed the first one and loved the characters and the story but this sequel was just alright. Didn’t find myself to care too much about any of the characters so I took that as a sign that this book just isn’t for me. There were of course parts I enjoyed so if you like big birds with magic, romance and, lots of fighting well, this is the book for you!!

ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley<3 Thank you!
Alison Morquecho
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
When I got approved for this book I was so excited. I heard really good things about it. What I didn’t know was that this book was the last in a duology. I’m glad that I found that out before reading this book. The first book in this series is The Storm Crow.

Short recap. In the Storm Crow, we meet 2 princesses of Rhodaire, Princess Anthia and Princess Caliza. Magical crows are a big part of this kingdom until Illucian invaders kill them all and kill Rhodaire’s queen. Princess Thai ends up findin
Leah
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't you just love it when a series you loved at the start end just the same? It's like everything is right with the world when you hit that final page. The Crow Rider is exactly that. It starts off with a bang, and ends on just the right satisfying note.

Full review at Write, Read, Repeat

This book picks up almost immediately after the end of The Storm Crow. Thia, her storm crow and her friends are on the run after nearly being captured by Illucia's tyrant queen, Razel. They are sailing to the
Caidyn (he/him/his)
I received an ARC through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review!

CW: depression, anxiety, general themes of violence, scarring from fire (past), revenge and poverty

Ugh, I wish this was more than just a duology! It was so, so good and I loved the conclusion to this series, even though I'm hopeful it could be revisited in another book or short story.

Either way, this picks up after the events of The Storm Crow, with Thia, Kiva, Caylus, and, of course, Res. They might have gotten out of Illucia,
Celia McMahon
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Well, that was...not good.

I loved Storm Crow so much. It had potential to become an amazing sequel. I wanted to see all the crow clans and possibly have the other eggs hatched. Caylus was the sweetest romantic interest ever and I couldn’t wait to see their relationship blossom. Not to mention see Res master his magic.

But I didn’t get any of that.

I got lots of traveling, people being cruel to the only crow alive (including Thia), and such a random love interest that it might as well have been
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)
  • Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1)
  • The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)
  • Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • The Princess Will Save You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #1)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Sisters of Sword and Song
  • Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods, #1)
  • The Boundless (The Beholder, #2)
  • Star Daughter
  • The Henna Wars
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The Kinder Poison (The Kinder Poison, #1)
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • The Grace Year
  • Winterwood
  • The Fascinators
  • A Song Below Water (A Song Below Water, #1)
Kalyn Josephson is the author of THE STORM CROW duology. By day, she's a Technical Writer in Silicon Valley, which leaves room for too many bad puns about technically being a writer. She grew up in San Luis Obispo, CA, but now lives in the Bay Area with four awesome friends (because it’s the Bay and she’d like to be able to retire one day) and two black cats (who are more like a tiny dragon and an ...more

The ​Storm Crow (2 books)
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)

News & Interviews

“Survival took strength, and I had survived. Moving forward took strength, and I had forged a new path.
Forgiveness took strength, and I would not let Razel take that from me.
I would not become her.”
1 likes