Start by marking “Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)

Wolf Rain

(Psy-Changeling Trinity #3)

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh takes us on a new adventure in this next novel of the Psy-Changeling Trinity series…

The end of Silence was supposed to create a better world for future generations. But trust is broken, and the alliance between Psy, Changeling, and human is thin. The problems that led to Silence are back in full force. Because Silence fixed
Published June 4th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Rain, please sign up.
Sapir Englard Except for a fleeting mention of a random gay couple in the street, not really.
Saidah Gilbert He is definitely mentioned in Kiss of Snow. I think he even appears. He may have been mentioned in Caressed by Ice when Judd was named lieutenant. I…moreHe is definitely mentioned in Kiss of Snow. I think he even appears. He may have been mentioned in Caressed by Ice when Judd was named lieutenant. I don't remember any other mentions. He is the most distantly located lieutenant if I remember correctly so he would've hardly appeared even in books that were focussed on SnowDancer.(less)

Start your review of Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars

I was SO excited to go back to the Psy-Changeling world with this newest installment...And even more excited that we would be seeing it through the eyes of SnowDancer.

SnowDancer is my favorite setting within this world, bar none (which I have discussed in previous series reviews ad nauseam), so to get to go back and relish that environment for yet another fantastic Singh book was incomparable.

description

I really loved Memory and Alexei together.

description

Memory was fierce and feisty and I loved their
✨ A ✨
It's still surprises me that there are 18 books in this series and I've read every single one of them??

This is one of the best Paranormal world's that I've ever read about and I don't think I'll ever get enough of it.

The Psy Network is failing and the only thing holding it together are the Empath Psy. In this book we follow the story of a new type of E named Memory and Snowdancer lieutenant Alexei.

I always like the books with a changeling/psy relationship most. Alexei we've seen glimpses of
Corina
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, pnr
As always it was wonderful visiting my favorite pack. I have a weakness for wolf shifters, and when I found out about the title and the blurb I was ecstatic.

I really was intrigued by the blurb.

Memory, even though she was kidnapped for many year, didn’t lose her feistiness or sass. She was a female character I adored for her strong will, endurance and strength to know what she wanted even if it seemed to make no sense. She was one of those characters whose personality spoke to me immediately. And
Jilly
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is like going to a high school reunion except that nobody got older, fatter, balder, and their marriages are still just like they are on their honeymoon. Yeah, realistic.

Beardy has a point.
But in this case, this reunion is awesome for anyone who has read this series. All of your favorites are here, including my fav- Kaleb.

Our new couple is Alexei, a wolf shifter from the Snowdancer pack, and Memory, a psy girl who was imprisoned all of her life. Alexei rescues her from captivity and then
Geri Reads
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought this world couldn't get any more expansive, Nalini Singh comes and proves me wrong.

I'm so happy that we're back with the SnowDancer pack this time around. I've missed their presence in the series for a while now and I'm so happy to see a lot of familiar faces not just from SnowDancer but from Darkriver crew as well.

Despite the familiar characters and setting, this book explores some new territory in the Psy-Changeling world. It's both fascinating and terrifying at the same
Somia
3.5 Solid Stars - Re-read 2nd Jan 2020

My views below stand, but have to say, having shed the expectations I had before my first read, I was able to enjoy the characters and plot much more.

3 COMFORTABLE/COSY STARS - Read 12th June 2019

I enjoyed how Alexei and Memory interacted, and the way in which Alexi was able to have fire surging in Memory’s eyes and blood. I liked both the main characters, as individuals and as a couple. That being said when it came to Memory and all she had
As much as I've enjoyed meeting the bears and spending time underwater with Blacksea in the last couple of books (and I am really hoping we'll get to spend more time with ALL of them!) I was still really excited that Wolf Rain would take us back to where it all began with the SnowDancer pack. I can't help it, I've loved this series for such a long time that spending time with the wolves (and the cats of DarkRiver) just feels like coming home and it was so wonderful to catch up with all the ...more
Angela
I’ve missed the wolves of SnowDancer. They, and DarkRiver, will always have the most special place in my changeling-loving heart, simply because they were the first. I’ll never get over their unique personalities, their love and care, or the vastness of their packs. They are large packs, but still family. You can feel it in all their interactions, and it’s like coming home for me.

Fair warning. Spoilers abound for any and all of the previous books in the series. Just trust me and go start at the
Scarlet Heavens
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Yeah, so this one didn't do it for me.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ARCHITECT AND THE CONSPIRACY? ARE THEY REALLY IDLY SITTING ON THEIR ASSES?

I love Nalini Singh, I love the Psy-Changeling series, and when I have nothing better to read, I usually go back to either Mercy's book, or Heart of Obsidian.

But, it feels like after Heart of Obsidian, the stories are just... repetitive. I know, I know, it's romance, primarily, and the formula has been done over and over again, but Nalini seemed to have had
Beth
Can anyone ever have enough of Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling world. Well now that she is three books into the Psy-Changeling Trinity world, we don’t have to worry about it.

In this installment, the Snowdancer Lieutenant Alexei is coming up on the 1 year anniversary of his brother’s death. He has been functioning as a shell of himself since the loss.

Deciding to take a run into the deep wilderness by himself sounds like the perfect way to avoid more contact with his packmates. While running Alexei
Smiley
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
8th June 2019:
4.5 Stars
Full review to come :)

27th November 2018:
Yay, it’s been confirmed. This next book will feature Snow Dancer’s very own Lieutenant, Alexei.

Have a look at Nalini’s newsletter to see an excerpt from her working draft featuring Alexai... and from the sounds of it, the main female Psy will be named Memory. I can’t wait until June

And I cannot wait to hopefully catch up with the characters we all know and love. I feel like the Psy-Changeling-Trinity “season 2” so far,
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Loved! This is one of my favorites in the series. It started out strong, stayed strong and ended strong. I practically devoured this book. I'm really loving how we learn in each book how everyone, Psy, Changling and Human, are imperative to each other to function. It has truly been exciting to learn new pieces to the puzzle. I also love how a character starts out thinking they are either useless, wrong or not capable and end up finding out they have a unique gift that will save others. I can't ...more
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Nov 27, 2018 marked it as to-be-released-2019
Alexei’s claws sliced out.

THERE'S GOING TO BE A NEW SNOWDANCER BOOK?

♥Rachel♥
4.5 Stars

I think the description is a little misleading, because it features the side story a little too prominently, because this story is mainly about Memory, a woman who was held captive, and Alexei the Changeling Wolf who found and rescued her.

Memory, an E (empath) Psy, was a remarkable woman, who despite her long captivity retained her spirit and strength. When Alexei finds Memory he’s enraged at the man who’s held her captive, but delighted to find Memory hasn’t been broken by the
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Wolf Rain is book three in the Psy-Changeling Trinity series by Nalini Singh.

Singh never disappoints!

In Wolf Rain we go back to the SnowDancer pack.

Alexei is a lieutenant in the SnowDancer pack. I recognized him, but it took some memory jogging to fully pick out who he is. He used to be fun loving and outgoing, but with a tragedy in his past he’s become more recluse and not as easy going. It was intestine learning more about Alexi and seeing his struggle. Even with the pretty boy looks he’s a
Ira
Memory and Alexei story was fab!

But you know why I gave this book a solid five stars?
Because we meet Judd, Hawke, Lucas and my one and only Kaleb again here!
Yes, they’re all, in this book!

What’s not to love?

Lena
I almost DNF’d.

The insta-luv was saccharine and filled with condescension. I came to hate the word ‘lioness.’

And how could Singh equate Alexei, sixth or seventh in Snow Dancer, with Aden, leader of the Arrows?!?! Bullshit.

And how could she yada yada Laura’s delivery?!?!

But I pressed on, fast forwarding the romance, to enjoy the greater story. I’m particularly excited that Pax is being brought up more. Fascinating guy.

Still a worthy series, but she’s getting lazy on the relationship end.

Aisling Zena
13/2/19

So there is an Advance Excerpt from WOLF RAIN in Nalini's newsletter. She has kindly asked for us not to copy-paste it everywhere. And I'm not taking any chances and getting banned, so this is a link to the newsletter https://madmimi.com/s/28cf8d but if you are a fan really do subscribe as she regularly posts excerpts from all her new books.

On a side note I wasn't sure about reading this one but following the excerpt I'm definitely trying it out.

Holly
Probably my favorite Psy-Changeling book since Heart of Obsidian.

Full review at Book Binge (no spoilers).
MeaganCM
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good! Silver Silence is still the best of the new series, but this was still really good. I liked Memory's character and backstory. I also liked the new developments with PsyNet. It was also great to so many of the old crew! I just didn't like how Alexei's issue just wrapped up so neatly.
Sammy Loves Books
So freaking excited for more of my Favorite Series!!!

Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
This book was good, but it wasn’t great.

We’re now 18 books into the Psy-Changeling series, and I’m really beginning to get the feeling that the more formulaic aspects of Singh’s plotting is beginning to show through. Both her heroine and villain felt like people I’d read about many, many times before – and in a better format.

With that said, though, her writing was superb as ever and I was definitely invested – hence the 4 stars.

Alexei Harte might be one of the most trusted lieutenants of the
Jessica B.
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ommmggg I missed SnowDancer so so much. Don't get me wrong, I loved the different changelings we've gotten to know but there is just something about the cats and leopards, it felt like coming home.

To sum up: I will be forever addicted to this series. And Nalini is fucking genius.
Lover of Romance
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Wolf Rain is book three in the Trinity series that is connected to the Psy Changeling series. So if you have read and loved the Psy Changeling books than I can't recommend the Trinity books enough. I was very curious about this one though and was wondering how Singh would
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

I adore the world this author has created and that's coming from someone who has only read two books in the series. I can't help but imagine how much better these books could get if I started from the beginning!

Due to the fact that I don't know many characters in past stories, I found the different point of views annoying at times. They didn't mean anything to me and they only took me away from the story I was actually invested in.

Memory was a fighter. She was in a
Lila
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr

description

-Ok, guys, Wolf Rain is back to basics Psy Changeling book.
I don't say that just because we are dealing with original snarling changeling pack. It's also because the story starts rather smaller in scale, but some events that perspired have consequences on the whole system Trinity established. Nice change from world-in-question themes we tackled in previous novels.
-It's not the first time book is dealing with a heroine who was imprisoned for a long time by a psycopath (Santano Enrique) and
Mara
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars -- This is what I'm talking about! A return to form, this is easily the best Psy-Changeling book we've had in the Trinity arc so far. Don't get me wrong-- I never have a bad time in these books. The last few, however, have felt a little bit like the chess board was getting reset & I felt that the micro-plots of the indiviudal books (meaning the specific romances/plots of the last 3 books) suffered for it a bit. Not this one. This delivers on an awesome microplot with Alexei and ...more
Karma♥Bites ^.~
READ (audio) 13 Jun 2019 ()

23 Feb 2020 review
Firstly, a teeny rant... I d/n care how TPBs or entire reading universe characterise WOLF RAIN. To me, it is & always will be simply Psy-Changeling #18, w/ Psy-Changeling Trinity #3 (aka #19) = upcoming Alpha Night (expected release 9 June 2020).

C’mon, I c/n be only one who did head-tilt when book first announced & still grimaces at this. WOLF RAIN (1) takes place in San Fran/CA (not Moscow/Russia), (2) involves SnowDancer & DarkRiver
arissa
Nov 27, 2018
ALEXEI?!?! AS IN THE SNOWDANCER LIEUTENANT ALEXEI?!!! I'M GONNA DIE! FUCKING FINALLY!! I CAN'T WAIT! WE BACK IN THE SNOWDANCER TERRITORY, BITCHES! I JUST LOVE EVERYONE FROM THIS PACK!

p.s. info from the newsletter in case you wondering what the hell i'm talking about.

___________
Oct 20
RainStone pack?!?
Hannah
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
I am as always in love with this world and these characters. I cannot believe I will have to wait until the next one publishes now. (How can I be caught up on this series?)
Nalini Singh Fans: Wolf Rain # 3 <SPOILERS> 479 119 Aug 19, 2019 10:30AM
Shut Up & Read: Wolf Rain - Buddy Read August 30 11 Aug 14, 2019 03:56AM
Nalini Singh Fans: Wolf Rain (#3) 94 160 Jul 26, 2019 10:29PM
Girls, Guns and G...: Wolf Rain June NR BotM 24 36 Jul 12, 2019 02:53PM
Vampires, Weres a...: New Release: Wolf Rain 11 26 Jun 20, 2019 02:32PM
SOS: Serious Over...: [Jul 2019] "Wolf Rain" Discussion 1 15 May 23, 2019 04:38PM

• Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • American Witch
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Shadows (Dark in You #5)
  • Untamed Delights (The Phoenix Pack, #8)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Shards of Frost (The Mercury Pack, #5)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted ...more

Psy-Changeling Trinity (4 books)
  • Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16)
  • Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
“Poruszyła się na pięcie, odkryła dokładnie tego, którego się spodziewała. Hawke. Jasne oczy wilka alfa była jeszcze bardziej uderzające, a jego włosy wyjątkowo srebrno-złote. Utrzymując jego spojrzenie, podniosła dłoń. Memory stała w bezruchu, jej serce waliło, ale nie wzdrygnęła się, kiedy ujął jej policzek. Głęboki zapach akceptacji, pierwotna opiekuńczość , dzikie uczucie, wpływało do jej duszy. Właśnie dlatego był alfą. Ponieważ miał zdolność do trzymania każdego członka sfory w swoim sercu. „Jesteś teraz jedną z moich”- powiedział, odgarniając jej włosy drugą ręką zanim pochylił się, by pocałować ją w policzek. „Dzika, ocalała, wojowniczka, sprawiasz, że całe stado będzie dumne.” Oczy piekły ją z niesamowitej siły akceptacji. Memory przytuliła go.” 0 likes
“Anarchy took its first breath.” 0 likes