Start by marking “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 1

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 1

(My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Manga #1)

When a woman is reborn into an otome video game as the villainess, how can she play to win? Based on the hit light novels--and now an anime!

A high school girl is stunned to find herself reincarnated as the conniving villainess from her favorite dating sim game, Fortune Lover. Now, as Catarina Claes, the impossibly rich and spoiled daughter of a Duke, her new life seems to
Published August 6th 2019 by Seven Seas

Start your review of My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 1
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Reading for the Game Player

As the older sister to three brothers I’ve watched them for hours play countless video games and actually have even loaded up a character or two. So when I saw the humorous premise of My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! vol 1 I knew I had to check it out just for old times sake.

Did My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! satisfy this Fangirl’s nostalgia?
While I know about games it’
Natalie panda eyes
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Reincarnation as an otome game villainess. I love the art style and the story. The characters are sweet and it’s a little funny. Katarina is trying everything to save herself from death or exile, she’s oblivious to what’s actually going on and how many hearts she’s capturing. Favourite character is Nicole, although I do like Gerald’s attempts to be subtle.
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! stars Katarina Claes, the rich and spoiled daughter of Duke Claes. Or at least we're told she was spoiled - at the start of the volume, Katarina is 8 years old and has just hit her head, prompting her to remember her past life as a 17-year-old otome game fan from our world. She was somehow reincarnated as the daughter of a duke in a world where magic exists.

As the story progresses, she gradually remembers other important details...like the
Beth
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is the third version of My Next Life as a Villainess that I've experienced; I've also read the first light novel, and watched the anime. It's hands-down my favorite isekai (portal fantasy) to date. Sadly, because of its translation, the original work is my least favorite. This one is right in the middle.

Nami Hidaka is the illustrator for the novels, and takes a turn at manga here. It's pretty good! The panels that are like character illustrations or group shots are the best part, as might
Ruthsic
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A teen girl gets reincarnated into a new life, which is when she finds out, at the age of 8 in the new body, that it resembles the otome game she was playing before she died in that previous life. As the game and her new life match up detail for detail, she realises that she is in the life of the main villain in the series, and if everything went as in the game, the only two fates for her are exile or death. So begins her campaign to revamp the path of Katerina Klaes, so that she either escapes ...more
Karina
Rating: 4 Stars ★★★★
My Next Life As A Villainess is an utterly brilliant manga series that follows Katarina whose reborn into the villain of an otome game! Now, she's trying to avoid her doom at all costs. There's a page-turning story, comedy all wrapped up in a refreshing plot that really focuses on friendship!

Honestly what first drew me to this series was the concept!! A Villainess trying to evade doom? Little did I know it would end up being an isekai (the character getting transported to
Kate (Looking Glass Reads)
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Isekai and otome combine in 2019’s manga My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Vol 1 written by Satoru Yamaguchi and illustrated by Nami Hidaka. This is the manga adapatation of a light novel of the same title, publishing by J-Novel Club, and is set for an anime adaptation during the Spring 2020 season.

A high school girl winds up being reincarnated, not as a hero in some other world, but as the villainess from her favorite otome visual novel. Catarina Claes is the daughter of a
Mary Catelli
As an aesthetic experiment, I was reading and comparing the light novel and the manga. Both, of course, in translation. The central idea here is the Japanese heroine was reborn in a dating game. As the villainess. Apparently a rather popular subgenre.

Set in a high fantasy world containing elements of medieval Europe, the 19th century, Japanese culture, and classic high fantasy tropes, but mixed together fairly smoothly.

Absolutely no explanation how the reborn effect came about

She's eight years o
Brian Wilkerson
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a series that I discovered on Tvtropes. I find a lot of fun stuff over there. We tropers like documenting things and this one is new (to me at least). I will examine Plot, Character, and Polish before assigning a grade. Also, I should mention that this review is specifically for the manga adaptation of the light novel.

PLOT

While the premise is simple enough, someone from contemporary real-life Japan inhabiting a role in another world, it becomes more complicated. Several twists are qui
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: egalley
Apparently this manga is based on a romance game. I'm not familiar with that at all, but I do love reverse harems, and this definitely delivers. It's one hundred percent over-the-top ridiculousness, and I'm here for it.

At first, I was really thrown. In the opening scene, the main character, a 17-year-old, dies, only to awaken in the body of the villain of the game she'd been playing, only at 8 before the game begins. She immediately begins plotting how to survive being the villain, which mostly
Lou (Lou and Life)
This manga had become one of my favourite manga reads of 2020, and may have even go onto my favourite list of all time! Reading the rest of the series will determine if it makes that list.

I picked up this manga because it was the July pick of the manga book club that I am a part of, with Rachel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChf3...) and Lois (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGfu...). They are both great, and I would recommend that you guys go and check out their booktube channels!

I am so th
Emmanuel Nevers
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was super fun and enjoyable all around!

My next life as a Villainess is an interesting take on the Isekai (another world) genre in which this girl dies and is reincarnated into the world of her favorite dating sim game. She is, however, the villain! And has no chance of a happy ending. The fascinating part of all of this is how she goes about changing her fate through the interactions of all the characters in the game.

I can't wait to see where this goes...
Rachel
Oh my God, I'm having SO MUCH FUN with this series! This filled my whole heart up! 😊 This was far more wholesome and cute than I thought it would be. The art style is beautiful and cutesy while still providing the mood shifts for jokes and concern. One of my favorite things is subverting tropes, which is at the heart of this series. I'm cheering for Katarina's success! ❤😊 ...more
Fny
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Why on earth I waited so long before picking up this series I’ll never know.... This first volumes was hilarious! It’s actually quite funny that I just two weeks ago started to play a game on my phone with the almost the same plot of someone ending up in a book/game as the villain. But I really liked this one. And I’m looking forward to read more volumes.🥰🙌
Teeny
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This was cute and I can't wait to see the anime of this! ...more
Rebecca
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, manga, humor, romance
Not as good as the novels, mostly because we don't get anyone but Katarina's thoughts, but still a whole lot of fun.

Full Review Eventually Appearing on ANN.
Violet
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to seeing where this goes
Grace
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
To everyone who recommended this manga to me - I love you. You're the best, thank you! ...more
Iris Nevers
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh man. I didnt think I would enjoy this a much as I did
Jenny
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I was waffling a bit as I read this volume, but I have to say the positives definitely outweighed the negatives. This was a fun, adorable isekai with a lovable, enthusiastic leading lady and her adorable friends and the "capture targets". I understand this doesn't say much, so let me break down the positives and negatives to explain my thoughts.

The Positives:

1. Katarina is an absolute delight! She may not be the most deep/interesting female lead, but as I said before, she's lovable, enthusiastic
Viki
The premise of this manga was just too fun not to pick up. After the convenient knock on the head, a modern day teen finds herself reincarnated inside the body of an 8-year-old character from the dating sim video game she was playing, but unfortunately for her she is the villain character and all paths leads to doom for her character! Since she is stuck living in this world she is determined to avoid exile or death and proceeds to try and avoid all the paths to her doom.

This manga (there is also
Leigh Kimmel
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
In her former life, the protagonist was an avid player of "Fortune Lover," an otomi, a dating sim game aimed at younger players. That means it's sweet, all about young love rather than some of the darker themes that show up in the ones aimed at adults. But then she was killed in an accident -- and reincarnated as Lady Katarina, the villainess in "Fortune Lover."

When she is eight years old, she is hit on the head, and all the memories of her past life as a gamer come back -- and she realizes that
Lynn
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Today's post is on My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1 by Satoru Yamaguchi and Nami Hidaka. It is 230 pages long and is published by Seven Seas. The cover the main female character Katarina and the two princes on it. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo manga, comedy and isekai manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of Katarina. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- A hi
Jewels
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a lot riding on the novel translation to arrive soon, however, I think I fell in love more with the manga version.
The art is cute and gorgeous at the same time, and the story itself is like a breath of fresh air for me. I'm aware of the isekai genre, and yet I'm starting to notice a shift. While many stories feature the MC reincarnated in an RPG (more open than not) related world, this one is a dating sim. There are a handful of other titles like this that do something similar, but to end
Melinda
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm still quite the newbie when it comes to manga, but this series opener is DELIGHTFUL.

Katarina is the young daughter of a duke who suddenly recovers memories of her past life as a video game-loving teen. With these memories comes the realization that she is now living in the world of an otome game (genre of story-based video games targeted towards girls & women, can include dating sims) that she played just before her death. And not only that, she, now Katarina, is the villain of that game! Al
Selena
I think I have fallen for the main character the way everyone else in this series has, and she's supposed to be the "villain!"

Katerina hits her head and remembers her past life as a Japanese high school student who had an obsession with otome games, specifically the one she's just been reincarnated into. That would be great except for the fact she's reincarnated as the villain who suffers terribly later on in life either by death or exile. And so, Katerina begins a plan to disrupt everyone's bac
Bentgaidin
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'My Next Life as a Villainess' is a show I've been really enjoying the anime of, so I wanted to pick up the manga as well, and that's been great fun too. It's basically the same story, of a girl who finds herself the doomed villain of an otome game and is trying to escape her fate. Luckily for her, it turns out being friendly and encouraging is enough to change the lives of those around her - now if only she could figure out who's going to end up falling in love with the heroine and get out of t ...more
Michelle Cristiani
Aug 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-shojo
Love this premise: reborn as a video game villainess, where the protagonist has to rearrange fate to avoid her own doom. The characters are strong. Interesting that though she has the brain of a teen, the story begins with her at a young age, growing into the moment where the game begins (at the end of this volume). I love when she has a conference with all her selves; and I love that she's messy and doesn't really know how to be proper nobility.

My only complaint is that it's hard to tell who i
Hayden
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This Volume Is Much Thicker Than The Other Two I Currently Have, Which I Really Like, Mainly Because Its Full Of All The Background & Set Up For The Main Crux Of The Story, Its All Built Really Nicely!
There Is So Much To Like About This Series & Volume, The Slow Introduction Of The Characters That Will Be The Main Core Of The Seires Was Great & Showing How They Will Interact With Katarina Perfect!
The Characters Are All Great & Add Something To The Series In There Own Right, Katarina Is Amazing S
Jerawan Meesangnilverakul
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god! Absolutely love this manga! It's so fun reading this.
Katarina Claes was a villainess in the otome game. But everything has changed since a teenager girl reincarnated into a villianess's body in the game she played before she died.

She has tried hard to prevent destruction ends. Soon she has changed the villainess into someone whom everybody comes to love and adore.

How the protagonist desparately wants to avoid bad endings is absolutely funny.
If you are into a character reincarnated in
« previous 1 3 next »

• Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter Vol. 1
  • Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter Vol. 2
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 4
  • Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter Vol. 3
  • Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter, Vol. 5
  • Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter Vol. 4
  • Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter Vol. 6
  • 악녀는 모래시계를 되돌린다 1 [Agnyeo'neun Moraesi'gye'reul Dwedollinda 1] (The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass, Season 1)
  • 悪役令嬢なのでラスボスを飼ってみました 1 [Akuyaku Reijou Nanode Rasubosu wo Katte Mimashita, Manga #1]
  • 地縛少年 花子くん 1 [Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun 1] (Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, #1)
  • 그녀가 공작저로 가야 했던 사정 2 (The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion, Season 2)
  • 레이디 베이비 1 (Lady Baby, Season 1)
  • 그녀가 공작저로 가야 했던 사정 3 (The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion, Season 3)
  • 그녀가 공작저로 가야 했던 사정 1 (The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion, Season 1)
  • 버림 받은 황비 1 (The Abandoned Empress, Season 1)
  • 나는 이 집 아이 1 [Naneun I Jip Ai 1] (I Belong to House Castielo, Season 1)
  • 極主夫道 3 (Gokushufudou: The Way of the Househusband, #3)

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Manga (6 books)
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 2
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 3
  • 乙女ゲームの破滅フラグしかない悪役令嬢に転生してしまった… 4 [Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... 4] (My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! [Manga], #4)
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 5
  • 乙女ゲームの破滅フラグしかない悪役令嬢に転生してしまった… 6 [Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... 6] (My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! [Manga], #6)