Start by marking “Together We Caught Fire” as Want to Read:
Together We Caught Fire

Together We Caught Fire

A forbidden attraction grows even more complicated when the guy Lane Jamison has crushed on for years suddenly becomes her step-brother in this sexy and gorgeously written debut novel about the lines between love, desire, and obsession.

What happens when the boy you want most becomes the one person you can’t have?

Lane Jamison's life is turned upside down the week before her se/>What
Expected publication: February 11th 2020 by Simon Pulse (first published February 4th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Together We Caught Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Together We Caught Fire

Start your review of Together We Caught Fire
Jennifer Moffett
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: roaring20s
High school senior, Lane Jamison, lives with her longtime secret crush … who happens to be her brand new stepbrother … aaaand also her best friend’s boyfriend/possible (if God-fearing Sadie has her way) future fiancé. And then there’s Sadie’s older brother, Connor, a mysterious artist with whom Lane shares so many interests.

(It’s complicated. Like really complicated.)

Emotionally unavailable and perpetually conflicted, Lane does her best to maneuver through awkward family and friend-
Ron
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is as emotionally raw, brutal, and beautiful as they come. The prose is to die for, the characters are stunningly rendered, the issues are timely, dark, and deeply important, and the story will stick with you long after you read the last page.
Liz Lawson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this book. I had been looking forward to reading it for MONTHS, and it did not disappoint. It's sexy, dark, romantic, painful - everything that I was hoping it would be.

Lane is in love with a boy. But not just any boy -- the son of the woman who her father has just married. That's right, her step-brother. She's been in love with him for years, and now is thrust into an incredibly confusing situation where she has to deal with her feelings for him while he's literally u
Jill Corddry
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who's ever had a forbidden crush (even if that crush didn't become your step-sibling)...

The writing is lush, each word carefully crafted to summon maximum emotion, from humor to gut-wrenching sorrow. Eva creates characters you want to know personally, to hang out with, to hug when times are tough, characters you'll miss when you finish the book.

This was one of the few novels I've read recently that I couldn't put down once I started it, and yet I hesitated over finishing
Nora Carpenter
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Together We Caught Fire is just as sexy as the title implies, but it also takes the readers through all the emotions and into dark, vulnerable places.

The wonderful premise is a bit of a teen’s worse nightmare—the boy Lane has been in love with for years (who also happens to be the boyfriend of Lane’s best friend, Sadie) suddenly becomes Lane’s stepbrother, inhabiting the bedroom just on the other side of the wall. As Lane tries to navigate this new arrangement, the tragic past she’s trying to o
Katie
I! AM! TOTALLY! IN! LOVE! WITH! THIS! BOOK! There are so many little things that make this book different from any other YA contemp. you've ever read, and trust me, you'll fall in love too.

♥ I mean, before the book even begins, we get trigger warnings. There've been a LOT of discussion in the Twitterverse lately about why books should have trigger warnings, but this is the first where I've actually seen them in print.

Please note that it is NOT up to authors whether or not
Kaitlyn
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: work
personally not my cup of tea since the plot wasn't the most inviting to me but i can see why other reviewers rated it highly. lots of stuff on mental health since the lead has been through a lot of shit but i am not a big fan of any of the characters. i don't usually read ya contemps though so i don't think i was the intended audience, though i do see how some people will enjoy this and how some wouldn't.

trigger warning for mentions of self-harm and some insensitive jokes but nothing too graphi
Jenna Monaco
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This honestly went much deeper into mental health than I’d expected and I was here for it. Read it in a day, beautiful writing.
Staci Suhy
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free as part of a first reads promotion
Robyn Courtney
rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2019
Dec 28, 2018
Ria Price
Amelia
Eva Gibson
Dec 29, 2018 marked it as mine  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: ya
Tanya
Jan 08, 2019
Eden Royce
Jan 09, 2019
Eva V. Gibson grew up on the east coast of Florida. She graduated with degrees in journalism and English, then spent her post-college years immersed in Asheville’s art and music scene. She now lives the small-town life with her family, dividing her spare time between crochet projects, hiking, sporadic yoga practice, and an ever-growing stack of books she will definitely finish reading someday.