Start by marking “The Road Home (Backroads, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Road Home (Backroads, #2)

The Road Home

(Backroads #2)

My life was a dream...

Sold-out concerts, number one hits, and a different city every night...

I’d been coined America’s sweetheart and learned to live by the rules. That was until I met him.

Two years ago I practically threw myself at Charlie Higgins, my mom’s newest ranch hand.

With one kiss he took my breath away, but before it went any further, he turned me away telling

To ask other readers questions about The Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road Home

Start your review of The Road Home (Backroads, #2)
Cassidy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Road Home has a little bit everything. It’s a very sexy, second chance romance with a dash of mystery thrown in. It was a pretty easy read. It can be read as a stand-alone. There are characters from Backroads. I would recommend reading it as well. This book sets things up for many books to come. I really look forward to more.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Kacie,

Charlie and Alexis spent one day together two years ago. Alexis is a country superstar and for once she had the opportunity to be herself. Charlie didn’t know anything about Alexis, except that she was the boss's daughter. He didn’t think he was good enough for her and made her go. They both spent the years living on the memory of that one day spent together. Until Alexis came back to be in her cousin's wedding. They both decided staying away from each other was best but their chemistry
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Cowboys, rock stars, and weddings - some of my favorite things.

Alexis and Charlie have a history. One that has haunted both of them for years. It was easy to live with it when they weren't forced to see each other. However, that will soon change. They are thrown back together and the chemistry is intense. Alexis can't resist Charlie but he doesn't believe he is good enough for her.

Reading their interactions and watching Alexis and Charlie grow together creates an amazing page-turner. They know
Brianne Maffett
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cowboys, rock stars, and weddings - some of my favorite things.

Spunky N Sassy
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

A Must Read

I was up all night when I was reading this book. I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. This book is a must read.
Kate
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sucked right into this book from the beginning! Having already loved the characters from her first book, I had no doubt I would feel the same about Alexis and Charlie. I found that I didn’t want to put this book down. I look forward to more stories from this talented author!
Sarah Beveridge
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good read! I received an advanced reader’s copy, and I loved this book even more than Jane Ashley’s first book, Backroads! I especially liked that we still get a continuation of the characters from Backroads. I felt for Charlie when he didn’t think he was worth Alexis’ time. Definitely well written and worth a read! I can’t wait for the next one!
Nikki Epperson
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's rare for me to like a second book more than the first, but here we are. I love when authors continue stories with characters we've already met and still give us more of them. I feel more satisfied having that extra time with my "old friends." I loved the first book, but seeing where those characters fit with the focus of a new story was soooo good! I very much look forward to the next book!
Tracy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Road Home was completely amazing! I loved Charlie's and Alexis's story. Their history was complicated , but the entire story had me captivated! Love is love, and it doesn't matter who you are or the circumstances. It just matters that they had each other. Such a beautiful story.
Chloe
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book and what a perfect ending. Really hope Jane brings out a book about Beth and Lee.
Brandy Roberts
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Road home was such a good story and had my attention throughout the book couldn't put my kindle down even when I reached the end I needed more . I'm a sucker for a good second chance romance and this was one of the greats my heart really went out to the couple . The anticipation for Charlie and Alexis find their way back to one another was perfectly set . Chemistry between them was super intense just left me wanting them to jump each other already . This being the first book that I have had ...more
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
This was my first Jane Ashley Converse read and after finishing it definitely won’t be my last! After a misunderstanding and just not knowing each other the first time they met, Alexis and Charlie see each other after two years apart, in which Alexis rose to fame based on a song she wrote about their meeting. While both are attracted to each other, Charlie holds back because he feels that he’s not worthy of Alexis in any capacity. When Alexis returns home for her cousin’s wedding, the two of ...more
Donna
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Jane Ashley book and it wasn't bad. I thought it was a little slow in the beginning and finally picked up toward the end. It was also a long book by most standards and I thought it wasn't gonna end. But I'm glad I stuck it out and read the whole book.
This is a sweet story of Alexis, a virgin who is a country singer star and Charlie who is a ranch hand working for her Mom who feels he isn't worthy or good enough for her. They have known each other for 2 yrs but didn't have the
Brandi Duncan
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think it was possible to like this book more than Backroads but I totally did. I love both books but I think this is my favorite. I absolutely love all the characters Jane has created. Charlie is everything a girl could ask for. He always put Alexis first even when they first met and he thought she deserved better. Alexis was so down to earth and I think if she was a real person I would love to have her as a bestie. This whole story was amazing. And talk about sexy. Damn. I can not wait ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly sweet second chance at love story that brings a Country Darlin together with the ranch hand that works for her mother. The met once two years ago and were left with a kiss that has been etched in their memory ever since. He didn't know who she was until her mother tells Charlie that she is Alexis Hale. He liked her, he liked Alex as she had introduced herself to him. But now, as it was then, he still believes that he has nothing to offer her, he is a nobody and his past has him ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this awesome series, and carries straight on from where “Backroads” ended. I loved Charlie and Alexis and the witty banter between them. This is a well written story which is filled with fun, suspense, mystery, intrigue and love which all lead to an all round entertaining read. I was hooked from the very beginning through this addictive page turner, and cannot wait to read more from this talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all second chance romance ...more
CoensK  Reviews
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading Jane Ashley Converse and I loved her writing! We meet Alexis and Charlie, who have an instant attraction, after spending an incredible day together on the farm, they are separated for 2 long years. I loved how they were reunited and I loved how neither one of them could deny the attraction. It was a perfectly sweet burn of passion and lust. The twists had me flipping to see what would happen next. I just plain and simple loved everything about this story and I ...more
Amber Gragg
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gahhhh this series!!! This second book is so long and fabulous, its got some twist and turns that you don’t expect!! It sucks you in and leaves like awww, wow, happy, smiling, and even a happy tear or 3!!!
Megan Watson
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved The Road Home. I laughed and cried and just felt all the feels! And Charlie...Oh Charlie! He is so sweet and caring. This book was a definite page turner for me. I loved the characters and their dynamic. Now I need to find my own ranch hand...
Angela Hankinson
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Book by this author and I have to say I absolutely loved Charlie and Alexis this book was very well written and will definitely be recommending it to all my book loving friends . I really enjoyed this story and I will definitely be reading all other books by this author.
Thank you Jane for writing such a wonderful book
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-x1f5a4
This was definitely a low level angst, quick read for me. It was a well written second chance romance, with some witty and humorous characters that really made them seem all the more genuine. I enjoyed this author’s writing style, and you really couldn’t tell it was part of a series-I was able to pick it up as a stand-alone. There was a bit of mystery in this story as well, which made it exciting and made me want to finish the story even faster.
Emily Mosley
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book - loved it and can't wait for the next!
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jane Ashley Converse is really making name for herself quickly with this Backroads series, and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE her cowboys to death! The Road Home was an amazing story that I couldn't put down after I picked it up, so I'm giving fair warning not to start it right before bed. It's funny how misunderstandings can play havoc on peoples lives, but luckily, fate can fix that as she just won't be denied, which brought Alexis home where she came face to face with Charlie after a couple of ...more
Christine Woinich
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
After a brief moment in time, this was a second chance to understand what they meant to each other. Alexis had fame. Charlie had a dark past. With an opportunity to find love beyond those things, they took a chance. The chemistry was great between them, and I loved how everyone around was also involved and accepting. With a few bumps along the way, the journey was interesting, and I enjoyed the story.

I received a copy of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my
Julie Meggenhofen
You need to read this!

I loved The Road Home. I loved the second chance for Alexis and Charlie. You get to catch up with the characters from Backroads. I can't wait for the third book.
Yuliya Andresyuk
Jan 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Can 1 person please explain to me how this book got such good reviews? Honestly, I am stumped. This was soooooo cringe-worthy, so predictable, so cheesy to the point of making you nauseous. I could not read it, I ended up barely skimming it and even I just could not stop rolling my eyes.
SyLvIa
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-read
[1.5 star] book was okay in the first half, however the second half started to get lengthy and i was about to fall asleep waiting for the author to reveal the culprit.
Sascha
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF
I wasn't engaged by the "telling but no showing" writing.
Denise Addison
Dec 12, 2019
Aakansha Ramesh
Apr 20, 2019

• Imperfect Match
  • Always & Forever (Battle Born MC, #4)
  • Hollywood Prince (Hollywood Royalty, #3)
  • Southern Gentleman (Charleston Heat, #3)
  • Southern Charmer (Charleston Heat, #1)
  • Nice Day For A White Wedding
  • Down Under (Aussies, #2)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • The Hold Out (Brewer Brothers #2)
  • Puckboy
  • Beauty and the Beefcake
  • Southern Player (Charleston Heat, #2)
  • Best of Intentions
  • Accidental Husband (Inked Hearts, #7)
  • The Difference
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • Insatiable
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
I'm a bighearted, crazy-eyed, sarcastic book lover.
A daydreamer, night writer, adventure seeking Midwest woman.
When I'm not outdoors enjoying what nature offers, I'm curled up on the couch writing or reading.
Don't let my love for the outdoors fool you though, keeping my nails looking sharp is very big on my priority list.

Backroads (2 books)