Start by marking “Drenched Sunflowers (The Water Street Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Drenched Sunflowers (The Water Street Chronicles Book 1)

Drenched Sunflowers

(The Water Street Chronicles #1)

Rainy days and river views fill Beth's summer as she makes a new start in small town Washington, North Carolina.  After the loss of her husband in a tragic accident, simple seems better.  It's time to renovate her life, starting with a future art gallery on the river.  Sam, her contractor, has everything under control, but the stress of the construction project and new bus

Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 318 pages
Published October 16th 2018 by Tammera Cooper

To ask other readers questions about Drenched Sunflowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drenched Sunflowers

Start your review of Drenched Sunflowers (The Water Street Chronicles Book 1)
Jeremy Stewart
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I was sent a copy of this book from Tammera in return for my honest review*

This book isn't something I normally read. I love thrillers.

I absolutely loved this story. This book had quite a few historical references which I completely appreciated being a history buff. I loved seeing some thrillereque vibes as well.

I would categorize this "southern fiction" book as a historical fiction/cozy mystery.

I was happy with the pace of the story. Not a slow burn, but not a fast paced thriller. This had the
Barbara Senteney
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5/5 stars
I loved this story the romance was cute and slow the way romance really is, usually. Basically Beth loses her husband in an accident, so she moves to a small town where she can cut cost on starting an art gallery. She buys an old historical house and some artifacts and a diary are found.
She has dreams of the girl in the dairy, who drowns, she keeps trying to rescue her, and it messes with her waking hours.
She ends up dating Sam her contractor, and ends up kidnapped.
This was good bu
Camille Maio
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful debut that will leave readers eagerly anticipating the next in the series. Part romance, part paranormal, and part mystery, it is ALL Southern charm. This one had me putting off my to-do list so that I could finish it!
Sai Johnson
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Drenched Sunflowers, a title that was my first draw in to this story...and though it seems like it should be melancholy and depressing, I found it to be refreshing and unique.
Kristin
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much. It had just enough sweet romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
Cosima demaglie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just loved this book! I think it is now my absolute favorite! The author's characterization skills are phenomenal. She has the knack of being able to make her characters very realistic. No cookie-cutter characters here. They are not all sweet and full of fluff. No there are some mean ones, some very stubborn ones, some pathetically clueless ones, as well as strong and forthright ones. This just makes the conflict in the story that much more real, which, in turn, makes the resolution of the con ...more
LianaReads blog
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story and heroine. I’ve also learned a few things by reading this book and needless to say that I’m looking forward to read more from the author as I really enjoyed everything from the writing style to the suspense of the story and all the layers that will keep you guessing what’s going to happen next.
Linda
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I started this book thinking it was a nice light romance, as others I enjoy reading. Then things started to twist, and I’m still processing what I think will happen in the next book! Looking forward to it! Romance, mystery and history - a great combination.
Sue
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: southern-fiction
I always enjoy a good Southern fiction novel and this one fit the bill. the characters were well written - flaws and all - and there was a bit of mystery in the plot. My only disappointment (and this was my fault) is that I didn't realize that this was a series and expected everything to be wrapped up at the end but now I have a reason to pre-order the next book in the series Sleeping Mallows in the spring, 2019.

Beth is starting her life over in the small town of Washington, NC. Her husband had
Katherine Iorio
I honestly couldn’t get through Drenched Sunflowers by Tammy Cooper. I can’t NOT finish a book, but this one I truly couldn’t do it. From the dialogue between the two main characters, to the language being to stiff at parts, I couldn’t finish it. The story felt very predictable and the twists were absolutely no surprise for me either. I thought this had so much potential, but Cooper’s book really fell flat.

I eventually put this book down and walked away after the numerous spelling and grammatic
J
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

Basically this book is about a woman, who following the loss of her husband, decides to settle in fictitious Washington North Carolina and build an art gallery on the river. As she rebuilds her life, she finds romance but she also finds ghosts from the house's history. Reading the romance between Beth and Sam, I found myself rooting for them to continue to get to know each other. However something traumatic happens to Beth w
Lynda
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclosure: my normal genre preference is SF/Fantasy, and I am acquainted with the author. Having said that, I found this to be a pleasurable reading experience. The story, set mainly in a small, coastal town, unfolds with natural grace. There is romance, betrayal, mystery, and history in a lovely blend, plus a gorgeous historical house undergoing restoration. The characters feel real, like people in my own hometown, as if I could walk into the bakery, and recognize them. I really enjoyed this b ...more
Elizabeth Donahue
Absolutely a wonderful book. I own the two that she has written. Love the history of my hometown in it. Love the mysteries. Books so good I couldn’t stop reading them. Amazing talent Tammera has. Highly recommended both her books.
Miki
Mar 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
"Drenched Sunflowers" wasn't exactly what I expected it to be. The dialogue came off as rather dry and the writing just wasn't for me.
Jill Mater
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I'm not usually big into a romance novel but this is a romance wrapped in a thriller with a splash of historical fiction. It made it hard to put down wanting to know what was next.
Di Paterson
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
This book left me quite conflicted. I enjoyed the story, but the fact that it's the first part of a three-part story is a little disappointing, because I'm not sure I can read another book in this style. The writing just doesn't do it for me. It lacks depth, in my opinion, and the love story is just a little too predictable, while the obsessions are also just a little too unrealistic. There are plenty of holes in the plot, and the editing leaves a lot to be desired. However, as I said, the basic ...more
Eileen Lettick
Tina Atkinson
rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2019
Diana Hock
I read “ drenched sunflowers” in 3 days and loved it! Can’t wait for “ Sleeping Mallows” coming this spring and thanks Tammera for the sneak peek! I love when authors do that. I’ve always been interested in this subject and you brought the characters together beautifully. I live in Greenville and come to Washington often. Now this book give me whole different feeling with the area thanks to you, Tammera! Diana Hock
Alison Hawkins
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good story and if you can get past the very proper grammar then it’s enjoyable. I did think some things were brushed over in the story when brought up that I thought would’ve been discussed more between the characters but maybe that was to prolong the story. Nevertheless it was a good book
Chuck N
Jun 10, 2019
♡ One Click Romance ♡
This story had so much potential but, it fell short,
To me, it needed more fleshing out, the characters needed more work and growth.
The relationship between Sam and Beth (I almost forgot her name) felt forced and fabricated.
The story itself was just everywhere and very predictable, from the first few chapters I knew how this would play out and I guessed right everytime. There was no mystery, no suspense, it was all very...stale and flat.
Chas Kinney

• Behind Every Lie
  • The Return
  • Only Lies Remain
  • Hate Nothing
  • Unleashed Love (Love Unexpected #3)
  • Raven's Grove
  • A Wolfe's Ruby
  • Undercover Santa (A Forever Safe Christmas #14)
  • Mistletoe (A Forever Safe Christmas #7)
  • His Christmas Delivery (Love for the Holidays #4)
  • Dark Promise (Darkhaven Saga, #3)
  • Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga, #1)
  • Dark Magic (Darkhaven Saga, #2)
Tammera Cooper is a Southern author, currently working on the final book of the Water Street Chronicles. She currently lives in North Carolina by the Pamlico River with her fiancé, enjoying their own Happily Ever After. Her own life’s challenges inspire her stories of overcoming life’s tough patches with love.

The Water Street Chronicles (2 books)
  • Sleeping Mallows (The Water Street Chronicles, #2)

News & Interviews