Start by marking “The BEARly Controlled Grizzly (Bear Clan, #1)” as Want to Read:
The BEARly Controlled Grizzly (Bear Clan, #1)

The BEARly Controlled Grizzly

(Bear Clan #1)

That first time I saw her—my mate—I’d been ready to kick some guy’s ass for even looking at her. I made no apologies for my possessive, territorial side. I was a grizzly bear shifter, after all. It was my nature to be over the top.

Bethany hadn’t known what to do at first—being mated to a shifter—one who was grouchy and burly and made no apologies for how rugged he really w
1st edition
Published November 15th 2018 by Jenika Snow

warhawke
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Bear Clan series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Bethany Silver was a newcomer to Blue Bear Ridge, Colorado. Even though she quickly settled down, her move might end up being just temporary. That was until she caught the eye of Zakari, a big burly bear shifter. He had been looking for his mate his whole life and he wasn’t about to let her out of his claws.

My heart was beating fast as I stared at him, felt this pull, this connection. It
Karla
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
***3.5 stars!***
Natalie The Biblioholic
The author asks 'who wouldn't want one OTT alpha bear shifter obsessed with you?' I know that if he were anything like Zackari, I'd be a-OK with it indeed! Once he saw Bethany, that was it. No more searching. No more yearning. He'd found his mate and although she was human, she was his. While she was a bit overwhelmed with all that Zackari had to offer, she had no doubt that she belonged to him. It was instant lust and love all in one swoop, with just the right amounts of heat and sweetness to m ...more
♡Tonya♡

Perfect little shifter story. Completely safe and steamy.

-no cheating
-no pushing away
-growly OTT bear shifter
-no violence of a sexual nature
-great epilogue 7 years in the future as well as a set up for Maddix's story which I am looking forward to.
Kelly
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Bearly Controlled Grizzly is the first book in the Bear Clan series, and it was a beautiful, safe, short, sweet and extra steamy read.

Bear shifters are my favorite. Especially when they're OTT, possessive and growly.

Definitely can't wait for the next brothers book!

4 big stars!
Elizabeth Neal
Zakaria, like his brothers, is a bear shifter. They're all loners, spending the majority of their time working or with each other aside from the occasional trip into town. It's on one of those visits that Zakaria meets his one, the woman he's been waiting for, literally, to share everything with.

Bethany, to help a waitress that needs medical treatment, takes over her shift, though it's far from her usual job as she handles the accounting for the bar. However, she does what she can and that decis
Amyb1975
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick steamy read

Another great read by Jenika Snow.
-dual virgins
-safe - no cheating
-no abuse
-OTT alpha bear shifter
-epilogue 7 years later
I am loving these shifter stories where the H only has eyes for his mate. Not being with others before meeting his mate makes these stories so much more enjoyable, for me anyway.
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
This was just an okay read for me. Nothing over dramatic. No angst no drama, just another obsessed alpha male shifter bear.
I hope the next will have more drama and more angst :-(
Fiona Fog
Fast and seriously hot. ❤

Bethany knew all about shifters and their mates she hadn’t experienced it first hand though. Not yet anyway. She’s here to look after her grandmother a cold and miserable woman she’s not looking for anything else.

Zackari a bear shifter along with his brothers there waiting impatiently for the other part of there soul. There mate the one they’ll bond with for life.

When he spots Bethany it’s instant, no hold barred chemistry. They both feel it. He needs to go slow though s
Alba M.
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Zakari es un cambiante oso que lleva esperando 30 años para encontrar a su compañera. Tanto él como sus hermanos casi han perdido la esperanza... Hasta que entran en el bar como siempre y el oso de Zakari lo deja claro, ha encontrado a su compañera.
Bethany no estaba preparada para Zakari, al menos no estaba preparada para los sentimientos que le provocaba, pero no los podía evitar, ni quería.

Ay tenía ganas de algo cortito y que vaya al grano. Estoy con un libro que no me tiene enganchada por ah
B.B. Lynn
Uugh I just loved this so much. I feel like alpha shifter books are my guilty pleasure, even though I don’t exactly feel guilty about reading them.

The perfect amount of alpha - which is a lot.
The girl wasn’t my absolute fav. She was a little too sweet for my liking. I wanted more sass and stubbornness.

Can’t wait for the rest of the series.
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-love
I received an Advance Reader Copy of the book. This is my honest and voluntary review.

I know what to expect when I read a non-shifter book from Jenika Snow: over the top alpha hotness and a ton of heat - and I'm all about that. The BEARly Controlled Grizzly featured all of that but I also felt that it was a lot more telling than showing and we spent a lot of time talking or thinking about doing stuff and not nearly as much of actually doing it. I liked Zakari and his enthusiasm for finding his
Jennifer Finn
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Bear Clan Series by Jenika Snow. Zakari is a 30 year old grizzly bear shifter with five younger brothers none of which have found their mates yet. Bethany has recently come to Blue Bear Ridge, Colorado to help take care of her Grandmother. Her Grandma isn’t a nice person at all but she’s doing it for her dad. She has a job at a local bar and that’s where she meets Zakari when he saves her from a handsy, drunk patron. As soon as he smells her Zakari knows Bethany is ...more
April Symes
Jenika Snow knows how to write her stories so that they pack quite the emotional and personal punch. I always know when reading her stories that I will get the heat + the heart. And that is the case here with The BEARly Controlled Grizzly. This is a short, steamy and dirty novella that packs a good punch. I loved every moment of this novella.
Zakari desire for a mate is deep and powerful. He deeply knows what is missing from his life is his mate and the kicker is, he can feel her close by, like
Janice Somers
Great grizzly bear shifter story that was a fun sexy read. Zakari is one of six brothers who live on ten acres of land in five cabins surrounded by the Rocky Mountain forest. Zachari is thirty years old and still hasn't found his mate but he knows she's close. He can feel her life essence, the pull of his mate.
All the brothers haven't found their mates. Yet. All waiting frustrated but waiting patiently.
Bethany moved to Blue Ridge, Colorado to take care of her grandmother after she had fallen an
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So Jenika Snow for me is a hit or miss most times. But I am really happy that I took a chance on this story. I enjoyed the alpha side of Zackari and the lighter sight of Bethany. I mean she just doesn't jump him right there. Even though she knows it will happen soon. She takes her time and thinks about what she wants for herself. I liked that. And Zackari he is there through the whole thing even if she doesn't see him. He is making sure she is safe and taken care of.

Good story from Jenika and I
LeeAnne
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super short and super hot shifter romance. Zakari and his 5 brothers are bear shifters who live out in the woods all living life looking for their mates. They frequently visit a bar in town where Zakari winds up catching the scent of the new employee and knowing immediately she is his mate. Bethany has come to town to take care of her ailing and grumpy grandmother, knowing she can’t stay in town jobless she winds up working as a bookkeeper at the local bar and is relatively confused when Zakari ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the first in a new series, and as there are plenty of un-mated brothers, we have a few more stories to come.

I liked the simplicity of the story, and found that the epilogue (which is a bit hidden at the end, past what seems like a preview of the next book ... so keep reading!) was the best bit, as it showed that the instant connection of the mates results a long lasting relationship. I was not a huge fan of the
Hart's Reader Group
Great sexy quickie from the queen of erotic stories, short enough to fit on a napkin. I wish I got more for my money with these stories. Also, 2k words in an epilogue adds nothing to the story. With a story this short, I haven't spent enough time with the characters to care about what happens AFTER. I just want more of the right now. Put all those words from the unnecessary epilogue back into the story. Longer sexy scenes, more sex scenes... It's like watching a 20 minute soft-core short and hav ...more
Liz
The MCs recognize each other as mates at first sight, but heroine is human so it takes her 3 days to accept her life has changed. Hero was very patient and often thought of her as his reason to live, putting her needs and wants above everyone and everything else.

Both MCs are virgins.
Good epilogue with cubs.

Will be checking out the other books in the series that feature the brothers.
Rhonda
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can always count on Jenika Snow to deliver a hot, steamy and instant love story when I'm in the mood for one. This is the first book in a new little series about brother's who are bear shifters. There is no drama, no bad stuff, just good, hot and sexiness between the characters. And I always love a good epilogue so I can know how the characters are doing. Can't wait for the next one.
Avid Reader
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The BEARly Controlled Grizzly (Bear Clan #1) by Jenika Snow
4 stars
M/F Shifter Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Zakari and his brothers are waiting for their mates. They work, drink at a local bar and wait. He knows that she's out there. He dreams of her. None of them will stop looking until they meet them.

Bethany is aware of shifters, but she never really encountered one. When she goes to help her grouchy grandma, she knows that she has to work too. While working
Mary
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This short story was nothing short of HAWT. The chemistry between the characters was palpable.

Zakari's desire for a mate is heartfelt. He knows what is missing from his life but he can feel her close by, as if Fate is taunting him. Bethany is only in town to care for her ailing grandmother. She takes a bookkeeping job at a local bar just to get out of the house. Her grandmother's bitterness is weighing heavy on her soul but
Tesha Moucheron
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insta mate

I love short and sweet. This was a great shifter read with great characters. Strong Alpha lead, and strong female character that knows what she wants. I loved the fast pace and the insta love. Cant wait to read about the brothers.
Flo Grugel
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grizzly bear shifter fun!
Short and filthy!
LORRIE
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bethany was beautiful and sweet. Zackari was big, strong and sexy. They were a great couple.
Bearly controlled grizzly

This was so hot and so steamy and sexy. Perfect short story for me to read today. I couldn't put it down till it was done.
Dawn Liddle
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy to read and review for wicked reads a review team*

This was a quick hot read.

I enjoyed it book, however i feel that there was no character development.

The chemistry between Zakari and Bethany was pretty hot. I just wished we got to see more of a relationship between the two of them.

For me it was a 3 star book.
Darlene
Zakari has been waiting for his mate along with his brothers a clan of bear shifters, just waiting and hoping he comes by her. But he doesn't have to wait long Bethany shows up at the bar he goes to working and making sure her grandmother is taken care of. He has her scent he knows shes his mate now he has to get her tell her and claim her as his.

Things get heated between them but he gives her some space to get herself together knowing she is mated to a bear shifter.
Very short story wish it wa
  • Tiger In Her Bed (Tiger in her Bed #1)
  • Heated Mating (Lumineta, #1)
  • Kadin (Dragons of Riddich, #1)
  • The Warlord's Queen (The Warlord's Concubine, #2)
  • Father of Dragons (Ballot's Keep, #1)
  • The Virgin Blood Bundle: Complete Series
  • Bred by the Alpha (Breeding Season Book 3)
  • Zohar (A Wolf’s Hunger #3)
  • Captured by The Dragon (The Dragon Lords, #1)
  • The Birth of an Alpha  (Rise of the Pride #4)
  • Alpha Feud Book 1
  • Alpha's Child (Blind Wolf #4)
  • The Lynx Who Purred for a Sidhe Prince (Mate or Meal #9)
  • The Bear's Unwanted Baby (Star Bears, #1)
  • Don't Look
  • Saving Midnight (Midnight, #6)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • Planting His Seed (Hot-Bites Novella)
Jenika Snow is a USA Today Bestselling Author, and has been a published writer since 2009.

She can be found at:

www.jenikasnow.com
FB: www.facebook.com/jenikasnow
Twitter: twitter.com/jenikasnow
Email: Jenika_Snow@yahoo.com

Bear Clan (2 books)
  • BEARly Mated to the Grizzly (Bear Clan, 2)