Start by marking “Kate and Jesse (Vengeance Road, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Kate and Jesse (Vengeance Road, #1.5)

Kate and Jesse

(Vengeance Road #1.5)

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER REVENGE?

Kate Thompson thought avenging her father’s death would help her sleep easier, but nothing has been easy since she killed the notorious outlaw Waylan Rose. Then Jesse Colton rides back into her life and the nightmares that used to visit her each evening begin to fade. At least until the papers bring word of train robberies in the south—heists sta
Published September 1st 2019 by Independently published (first published August 29th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Kate and Jesse, please sign up.
In my humble opinion Just now, this week! It's out on Kindle and Paperback! And ugh, is it good.

Start your review of Kate and Jesse (Vengeance Road, #1.5)
Erin Bowman
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as books-i-wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Set after the events of Vengeance Road, this novella was originally available exclusively through the Retribution Rails preorder campaign. It is now available for purchase for the first time.

e-book: https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Jesse-Ven...
paperback: https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Jesse-Ven...
Melissa ~ Missy (FrayedBooks)
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this novella, I love the Vengeance World road and would read even more stories in this! It’s been a while since I read VR and Retribution Rails But it all came back to me pretty easily. I love Kate’s voice, so strong and independent. Jesse is understanding. MY ULTIMATE OTP!

If you’ve read Vengeance Road, I’d highly recommend reading this too! It’s available on Amazon an an ebook :)
cyborgcinderella
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vengeance Road is one of my favorite novels so it was nice to return to this world and these characters, even if only for a little while.

Kate’s voice is still one of my favorite voices I’ve ever read in a book. It’s so unique and really immerses you in the story from the start.

I loved getting to see more of Kate and Jesse and to see how they got from the end of Vengeance Road to where they ended up in Retribution Rails. It was nice to see how their story unfolded further and to just spend a li
Christina
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

You can definitely read these books without this novella, but I really enjoyed getting to find out about Kate's life after the events of Vengeance Road.
Helen White
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet little novella which fills in some of the gaps between Vengeance Road and Retribution Rails. How's Kate and Jesse's relationship continues. It's a nice little story worth reading if you're already read the others.
In my humble opinion
Eeeeee!!!!!! I am so happy to have this novella!!!

Oh man, do I LOVE these characters, this time, this author.
Megan
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Companion

I really enjoyed seeing Kate and Jesse's life between vengeance road and retribution rails. It felt like the missing piece for me.
Liam
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’d really love to see Kate and Jesses love life go on a bit more. When I read the first book when the love happened i freaked out I thought it was gonna be will :/
Theresa
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
I loved Vengeance Road and this is the perfect novella that connects it to Retribution Rails.
It answers the question of what happened to Kate & Jesse!
I admire Kate so much for her strength and resilience. Not to mention how smart she is. Living in constant fear that the Rose Riders or someone else will show looking for her gold has made Kate come up with a plan should they have to leave her house.
Jesse is perfect for Kate, even though her may not always agree with her choices, he does respect
Janelle Dazzlepants
I love Kate so damn much! 💖 This story sees Kate and Jesse in the time between book 1 and 2 as they navigate their budding relationship, town gossip, Rose Rider aftereffects, and eventually building their house in the clearing. It was such a joy to return to this world and Erin Bowman has creates such a distinctive voice for these characters.
Zaneta  @ I'm Fully Booked
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much!

Though short and sweet, I loved reading about Kate and Jesse and what happened to them after Vengeance Road. Kate is one of my favourite characters ever! And as much as I hate romance in books I adore Kate and Jesse together and so this was everything I could've wanted and more.
Emily Wells
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This was a super sweet aside to Vengeance Road, but I’m not sure I got what the description promised. I kind of expected more to do with the half brother and there’s very little, honestly. Otherwise I enjoyed this. I like these characters and getting to know a little more about how their story played out.
Megan W. (pnwbookworm)
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella was fabulous! This book, which bridges the gap between Vengeance Road and Retribution rails was great way to get back to Kate and Jesse and I loved reading more about their relationship! If you enjoyed Vengeance Road then you should definitely check this out!
Melissa
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great!

It's a great continuation of the love story of Jesse and Kate. It picks up right were you left of in Vengance road. This book made my heart warm and I highly recommend this book if you liked Vangence road.
Taylor  (TaylorTakesPhotos)
I LOVED THIS! 😍 I really want more stories in this world!
Samantha Bunce
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I’m glad this exists because I wasn’t ready to leave Kate and Jesse. The Wild West is a fascinating topic and this series has everything you’d want
Mikayla
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They're so squishy together 😭 I adore them. And I think this was even better having read the companion first, so I know what happens with them. I love them SO MUCH.
Xandretta
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love these characters.
Ina
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A beautiful end (or beginning?) to Kate and Jesse's story without forcing them into the stereotypical mould of a 'perfect' relationship in that time period. Kate is still Kate, and Jesse is still Jesse, even when their daring adventure is over and done with.

Reading this novella isn't required, but it's certainly a delicious cherry on top (of the apple pie!). I'll be thinking about these two for a long time!
Wendy
Reread: I love this little novella about Kate and Jesse! I definitely want to reread Vengeance Road and Retribution Rails sometime.

If you loved Vengeance Road, Kate & Jesse is a must read novella! Kate and Jesse are one of my favorite YA couples and I absolutely loved seeing this little glimpse into their life after the events of Vengeance Road. It's such a great snapshot of what they're up to and perfectly captures each of their magnetizing personalities. It's also a great little transition bef
Tiffani Reads
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favourite series of all time’s and so highly underrated!!! Kate is such a strong protagonist and Jesse compliments her so well. I love this little glimpse of what happens between the two books and I’m glad I have a physical copy to add to my bookshelf.

If Erin Bowman ever decides to write more western books, I will be the first one in line to buy them because she is simply fantastic with this genre.
Madeline O'Rourke
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: companion-works
Kate & Jesse is nothing ground-breaking, but certainly a nice lil dose of these characters post-Vengeance Road. I appreciate that it's not absolutely necessary to read this novella before reading Retribution Rails but it does provide a nice extra bit of context. ...more
Mckenzie  Wessler

• Fangirl, Vol. 1: The Manga
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Emergency Skin
  • Winterwood
  • The Caged Queen (Iskari, #2)
  • Gravier's Bookshop (Breslin Family Tales of the Supernatural #1)
  • Hello Girls
  • COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6)
  • Tweet Cute
  • Permanent Record
  • The Field Guide to the North American Teenager
  • The Crown & the Arrow (The Wrath and the Dawn, #0.5)
  • Don’t Turn Out the Lights: A Tribute to Alvin Schwartz's Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Erin Bowman is the critically acclaimed author of numerous books for children and teens, including the Taken Trilogy, Vengeance Road, Retribution Rails, the Edgar Award-nominated Contagion duology, The Girl and the Witch’s Garden, and the forthcoming Dustborn. A web designer turned author, Erin has always been invested in telling stories—both visually and with words. Erin lives in New Hampshire wi ...more

Vengeance Road (2 books)
  • Vengeance Road (Vengeance Road, #1)
  • Retribution Rails (Vengeance Road, #2)