Start by marking “Mr. Bambuckle: Rule the School” as Want to Read:
Mr. Bambuckle: Rule the School

Mr. Bambuckle: Rule the School

(Mr Bambuckle's Remarkables #1)

The class in room 12B has a new teacher, and nothing is ever going to be the same...

There's never been a teacher like Mr. Bambuckle. Who else rides a unicycle while flipping bacon in a pan and wearing a dazzling blue suit? Magic tricks aside, Mr. Bambuckle is kind of the best. He gets to know each and every one of his new students, and makes learning exciting and fun!

But P
Published May 7th 2019 by Sourcebooks Young Readers (first published August 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Bambuckle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Bambuckle

Dale
Jan 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Abandoned at 42%. Would not waste space on the classroom shelf with this!
Joanne
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hysterically funny, warm, compassionate and a cast of fabulously remarkable characters! I could not ask for more in a junior fiction novel - highly recommended.
Dimity Powell
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never expected this light-hearted middle grade read to be SO MUCH FUN! Harris's bright and breezy writing style weaves a satirical pastiche of primary school characters, each more complex and compelling than their ordinary student personas suggest, into a page-turning, belly-busting good time. Their new shrewd and savvy, and very sparkly, substitute teacher, Mr Bambuckle teases each of their remarkable stories out until miraculously, the class begins to bond and morph into a creative, cohesive ...more
Pauline
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The new teacher in Room 12B is somewhat unusual - who else has a teacher who rides a unicycle whilst flipping bacon in a pan in a dazzling blue suit? Tricks and magical illusions aside Mr Bambuckle is a fabulous teacher. He gets to know each and every one of his new students and their own interesting and funny ways while making learning exciting and fun. All of the students in 12B while working through their own issues learn about self-confidence, facing their fears and working together as a tea ...more
Janna
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tim Harris’ Mr. Bambuckle’s Remarkables is a highly entertaining children’s book. It is jam-packed with life lessons that we, adults, often forget and neglect. I like how books for kids can become an eye-opener and refresher in order for us to contemplate our life choices and actions. This book was sent to me by Penguin Kids Australia. Yes, I do review children’s books as well because I can recommend them to my kids for them to read and enjoy. First, the illustration is really nice and catchy. I ...more
Susan Barnes
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Mr Bambuckle's Remarkables is a fun read. Mr Bambuckle is everyone’s dream teacher. He is entertaining, engaging and makes learning fun too. He is also paranormal and performs many stunts which are pure fantasy. The best way to describe him is to call him, Mary Poppins. He even having similar outcomes in mind.

The story is told in an interesting way. We are introduce to all fifteen students and then the story focuses on about five students’ individual stories which are told in the first person. T
Green Jazz Blues
Whilst this is not the first time I've come across a book with a rather fantastical teacher - I remember reading a story where the teacher made the school desks appear to be a continuous aquarium with fish moving from one desk to another and whose character is very similar to Mr Bambuckle - Also another story about a mysterious teacher called Miss Merryweather - but Mr Bambuckle seems to be even more remarkable than these.
The reason is NOT because we have so much about himself but because we lea
L-J Lacey
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is one of those gems that has wonderful dynamic characters, subtle lessons, total absurdity and a terrific plot.

Not since Roald Dahl penned Matilda's Miss Honey have we seen such a REMARKABLE teacher. I want to meet Mr Bambuckle so he can get the best out of me and make me feel good about myself, just like he does with all the kids in his class.

Tim Harris, like some formidable names before him, combines heart, humour and nonsense. A truly remarkabl
Darla
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mr. Bambuckle is a wonder and the kids fall in love with him in spite of themselves. Their principal is not happy with the rapport that is developing within 12B and is working behind the scenes to get a replacement ASAP. Fortunately it takes long enough for Mr. Bambuckle to help his students work through underlying anxieties and bad habits. The students that are featured have great stories although I thought Evie's was a bit too scary. Has a bit of a Roald Dahl vibe.

Connor
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The premise of the story is that Class 12B (that one class from hell that every school has) receives a new teacher, the kind of teacher absolutely everyone wishes they had. It's a story of how the students respond and connect with their new teacher.
Going any further would send out some spoilers I think, all I can really say about this book is that it is beautifully written, cheerful and heartwarming, I recommend it to anyone even though it looks like a children's book, I believe anyone can relat
Zoemozer
I read this book with my little six year old sister. She loved it, lot's of giggling and she got very involved with the text. The structure is set up in an almost short story like sense within the classroom of individual students and their experiences. Although the story did tie in well together I personally prefer a book with a smoother story line flow. I would still recommend reading it to a younger one but there are better stories.
Ms. Yingling
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC provided by the publisher

An interesting school romp with an eccentric teacher, originally published in Australia. Fun illustrations. However, it was a bit young, and books for younger readers published in both the UK and Australia have a different feel to them. More overweight cafeteria ladies are involved. It's hard to describe. This might go over well with US elementary students, but it's not quite right for my middle school.
Emma
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, unpredictable tale of the enigmatic and charismatic teacher in Room 12B. Using the unusual plot device of telling the story through the different children in the classroom, it all ties together well and it was an easy and fun read for my almost 7 year old. He told me that he was so disappointed when he had finished and thought he would have to wait until the next library visit until he spied the sequel in his book pile and gave a shriek of delight.
AD
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kids will love this funny story about a very unconventional teacher and the inventive ways he undertakes teaching the students in room 12B. Mr Bambuckle finds ways to make each of his unique students find confidence in their own strengths and show kindness to others. I loved this book for the unexpectedness of the adventures and for the inspirational look at what education can be like.
Nella
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope this is the first of many - great introduction to a funny new author for younger readers
Sherry Mackay
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read for young and old. Only slightly bombastic:)
Eric
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic and SUPER funny!!!!!!!!
Karyn
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I loved it, it was so entertaining. Gonna read part 2!!!! Can I just end my review now???? Ugh bye.
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
This book was amazing! My ten year old read the whole book in one evening and my nine year old loved it too. I decided I needed to ready it after hearing them bit laughing out loud. I too thoroughly enjoyed it and the creative characters that the author has so carefully created. Mt Bambuckle is every child's dream for a teacher and the way the story is told to draw out each of the children's stories is great!
Nick Pollack
Nicola
Mar 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Librarian Note:
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.
This profile may contain books from multiple authors of this name.

Mr Bambuckle's Remarkables (4 books)
  • Mr Bambuckle's Remarkables Fight Back