Start by marking “The Lost” as Want to Read:
The Lost

The Lost

In the small town of Aurora, teens go missing all the time. But when one of Piper and Hazel's classmates disappears, they become determined to find out the truth of what happened to her.

While investigating, they meet three handsome and rich grad students...who kidnap them. The girls are taken to a building in the middle of a privately-owned forest. The building isn't just
Published March 26th 2019 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about The Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost

Cass
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
these books make me roll my eyes a lot but they are so addicting 😂
Jypsy
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I think The Lost just wasn't my type of read. It's well written and engaging, but I couldn't connect with this story. It's a good story full of twists and turns, but it's not for me. The right sort of reader will enjoy this one. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Rose Charpentier
Oct 27, 2018 marked it as soon
I just HAVE to read this novel!
TheVeryBookish
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Honestly, this was such a disappointing read.
I've read and own multiple books from this author so I went into this hoping to really enjoy it. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

I was surprised by how much I was put off while reading this book. The concept sounded really interesting and I was excited to read about the torture rooms and how they worked and how people experienced them. The pure intrigue of this aspect is what kept me reading and is the only reason why I finished this book at al
Carrie (brightbeautifulthings)
I received a free e-ARC through NetGalley from the publishers at Sourcebooks Fire. Trigger warnings: death, torture, drowning, abduction, violence, guns.

When a number of teenagers go missing in their small town, best friends Piper and Hazel wonder whether there isn’t more to it. As they’re leaving a party one night, two rich and handsome local guys offer them a ride home, only to kidnap them and take them to a house in the woods. The house is a fortress of rooms and corridors, each of them a tes
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
When a number of teenagers start going missing in their small town best friends Piper and Hazel decide to start looking into it. When they leave a party one night and meet two rich and and handsome local guys who offer them a ride home , they soon discover it was a huge mistake. They kidnap them and take the both of them to a house in the woods. They soon find that the house is a fortress of corridors and rooms. Each room tests them of physically and psychological terror. Piper and Hazel find th ...more
Kylie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-reads
Thank you so much to Sourcebooks Fire for providing me with an Advanced Readers Copy, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review. The quotes included in this review are subject to change upon publication.

The Lost is about two girls, Piper and Hazel, who are best friends that get abducted. They meet two mysterious boys that take them to a secluded building in the forest and lock them in. The girls soon find out that there are multiple missing girls and boys that appear in this building and a
Kim Sutton
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg what a ride! Full review to follow
Joann
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elise
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’M MAD AT THE ENDING!!!

piper and theo deserved a happy ending together like being in love but NOPE

EVAN IS GRRRR I HAVE NO WORDS
Lindsay
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
Aoife
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one: I genuinely didn't want to stop reading, I wanted to know what was going to happen. I had my suspicions about one character and was proved right, but it didn't take from the enjoyment at all. I really hope Natasha is planning to write more in this series, because otherwise that was a very cruel ending.

Fantastic read, I'll be recommending it.

Receiving an ARC did not affect my review in any way.

"I want to be in the city, and i know this doesn't sound probable, but I want
Jenny Yergin
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book I couldn't put it down! Once again this author does not disappoint. She really makes you wonder how you would respond to a situation and how much could you handle before giving up.
Cynthia Zuchowski
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I was hooked from the start and it held me all the way through! I was a smidge disappointed by her last release, but this book was everything I expect from Natasha Preston.
Marochka
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
7/10
donna
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Sourcebooks for the arc via Edelweiss. I found the dialogue a little elementary at first but was able to look past it. I wanted to scream at the girls to run.. It was quite a ride that would fit well as a movie. I read it in a day. And it ends with a jaw drop.
Liz
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
ok so the ONLY reason it got 3 stars was because of how good the ending was. the whole rest of the book felt like a teenager wrote it without editing it and then posting it on wattpad. there were so many plot holes. piper said like 3 times that it was june when she got taken but then suddenly it was july. and then it was june. and then it was august. it was so weird.

omg they were so stupid. and the torture rooms were even more stupid. when i saw that it was going to be a game where they went th
Sharon
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
9th&up
When Piper notices a pattern of missing teens in her hometown, she does not believe the transparent excuses that others are accepting- she's convinced that something or someone sinister is behind the mass exodus. She and her best friend Hazel have barely begun investigating before they are abducted by a group of bored, rich, college students who have developed a house of horrors where they physically and emotionally torture their victims in some kind of sick game. Escaping will take ev
Debra
Mar 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
"If there was a rating less than one, I would have given it. I picked this book up as it sounded interesting. A dark adventure. It was basically a book about kidnapping, torturing and killing teenagers, done by other teenagers. I found it to be, well, just sick. Who writes this stuff and passes it off as YA? Is the world not dark enough, sick enough, hopeless enough for young people that they need to be drawn into this kind of crap. If you are an adult looking for a book for a YA, pick something ...more
Dana
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
It was a thriving, survival and also mixed with romance feeling in between! It felt like I was back reading the first book that I’ve read by this Author “AWAKE”
Although it was such an adventure with Piper and Hazel! I couldn’t believe Celeb, Owen and Matt have been picking up random runaways to their playhouse of torture, and putting all runaways to a test of survival between the bad guys... I had a quite a shock of Even!!

You have to GOT to READ this Book!

I love these genres!
.... I didn’t wa
Brandi
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Still very reminiscent of Christopher Pike/ Lois Duncan, with the integration of newer technologies. It's quite nice to have this genre resurrected, and long overdue. That being said, this was the first cliffhanger she's done, and it didn't work out so well, at least in my opinion. Too many unanswered questions, complete 180 on the character's personality, goes against character motivations, etc. Still, that being said, it's possible, if there is a second book, that all will be revealed. If the ...more
Adreanna
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Natasha Preston does it again - I seriously love her books. The Lost kept my attention from start to finish and all of the twists and turns kept me wanting to scream at the real world for interrupting me when I just wanted to read! Honestly, my only complaint is that it leaves you with so many questions! I need more.
Holly Oliver
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Fashion Larios
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let’s just start off by saying I love all her books. But this one had me questioning why, how, how could they, how evil these characters our. It was very interesting and kept me wanted more. And I just could not believe the ending. So if you looking for a book that has crazy sick characters, and see how these kids could or will they survive the hell they was in. This is the book for you!
Caitlyn Garfield
Ahhh, keeps you guessing until the very end!

Another page turner for sure! Piper has the will to fight like no other, but the challenges ahead of her are set to break down any hope she has. Natasha keeps you guessing until the very end!
Debbie
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok. Where to begin? First of all, this author certainly has a very advanced imagination. Such an original storyline.
It loses a star, however, because the ending is not as dramatic as the story but it does leave me wanting a sequel. Hopefully there is one. I really feel for Piper!
Paige
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bethany Taullie
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much!!! I read it in a day and a half. There was never a dull moment and I never wanted to STOP turning the pages! This author is just amazing in general and I will honestly read anything that she writes ❤ ...more
Sabrina Hutton
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and complex. I definitely suggest getting the Barnes and Noble exclusive edition since it had a map in the back of the book and makes it a little easier to follow.
Samantha
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author.

UK native Natasha Preston grew up in small villages and towns. She enjoys writing contemporary romance, gritty Young Adult thrillers and, of course, the occasional serial killer.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk