Start by marking “The Dirty Ones” as Want to Read:

The Dirty Ones

They said write what you know so that's what I did. I wrote dirty, I wrote erotic, I wrote the truth.
And then they called me a liar. But it's not me who's lying, it's them.

Our story isn't for everyone. It's not even for us.
So if you're looking for the fairy tale and the stupid prince on his dumb white horse, move along. You've got a hold of the wrong book. This is not
Published December 4th 2018 by Science Future Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dirty Ones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dirty Ones

Start your review of The Dirty Ones
Kat Valentine
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a hell of a read!! This is one of the best erotica's I've ever read,ja huss is so fabulous with the written word and her characters are so authenic and muiliti layered and beautifully twisted! This book is a original and like nothing I've ever read before and it grabbed me from page one and didn't let go until the very twisted,didn't see coming end! And yes the sex was hot,filthy, and so friggin good ,but it was so much more. If your looking for a book that is deliciously hot and has a ...more
Bibi
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
*Insert When Harry Met Sally Diner scene yeses*

What can I say? This book was sizzling hot, but with a boatload of crazy....prepare for a suspenseful and panty-drenching ride!
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Holy Cow! I was not expecting that!!! I went into this book without research and I strongly urge anyone reading this review to go in blind as well. It made for an ending that just pretty much blew me away due to the unexpected turn of events.

The way this story started, I had no idea where it was going to lead. Like most of J.A. Huss books, this ended up in a completely different place than I was expecting. I absolutely love when that happens. I immediately wanted to find someone who has also
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

This is LEGIT the second book in as many days that has BLOWN ME AWAY. And again, I can't say too much about it because it is another book best gone into completely blind. Needless to say, I ADORED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. The writing was fantastic. It was well paced. The plot was SO very engaging and well-developed. There were twists and turns. Hot sex. The characters were likable and intriguing. And for some reason, I thought this ended on a cliffhanger, but it does NOT. So yay for that as well!
Book-Bosomed  blog
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
*May contain small vague spoilers but I couldn’t honesty express my frustration with this story or explain the rating if I didn’t touch upon the epic fail of the resolution*

When I first saw the listing for this title I was neither here nor there on the whole secret life of erotica authors spiel. Then at one point I read a blurb that said it was about a group of former friends who are tormented by what they did years earlier when they were in college or something, and it sounded a bit
Deborah

This book started well. It felt a bit like I imagined ‘I know what you did last summer’ would have gone. I’ve not seen it since I definitely don’t do horror.
But I digress.
The first 50% of this book had me on the edge of my seat. The only downside was the fact that none of them seemed particularly interested in actually reading the book. They may think they know what happened and even if they don’t want to go over the details again at least skip to the end and find out how their story concludes.
Ari
4 dirty fucked up stars

Well well well, this was pleasantly surprising.

In pure JA Huss fashion, this book was HOT as hell, and the story was just like the blurb promised- f-u-c-k-e-d up.

Told from the dual perspective of Kiera and Connor, The Dirty Ones is a tragic tale of power and betrayal and human psychology (or more like how easily you can control it).

Ten years ago seven friends get trapped in a deadly game, one that ends up with a dead man, a woman with a bullet in her body, and another
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4. 5 Stars

I very much enjoyed this read just didn't love the reveal so much. Still the story had my full attention the entire time!
Cherry Bob*omb
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Michelle
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Dirty Ones.
We could have just titled this book WTF did I just read, but that doesn’t really sound like a catchy title.

If you’re a fan of JA Huss, this sorcery isn’t new to you. If this is your first experience, just hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

When Connor stumbles across the title of a book in the airport, his worst nightmare begins to come true. A tell all book, released anonymously that depicts the crazy, sexual year of him and five college friends. A book that could ruin his
Tzelina
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
**Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me the ARC in exchange for an honest review**

Fantastic read!! It was a story that from the start indrigued me!! First time for me in psychological romance and J.A. Huss definitely didn't disappoint me.The pace of the story was amazing and the suspence was perfectly written with many surprises!!
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I began reading this story and it took me on a completely unexpected twisted journey that had me second guessing everything.

Seven people who were friends in college their senior are reunited 10 years after they parted ways when it is discovered a book has been published. A book about them and what they got up to together in that final year at college. This book could potentially have huge repercussions on their personal lives and they need to work out who
BokaniSak*BookWhore
1 star*

WTF is this bullshit? i honestly saw so many great reviews, but yho, i'm wondering if i read the same book as everyone.. i cant even tell if this was supposed to have some romance in it cause i sure as F didn't see it.

the plot just doesn't make sense... like for one, SPOILER--- why would Connor's father go into this elaborate hypnosis and memory editing of these kids versus just paying off the judges.. or even just giving them a simpler memory adjustment..or God forbide, just kill them???
nikki
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book completely blew my mind. I started it, thinking I had an idea how it was going to go, then realised I couldn’t have been more wrong. There is no sweet romance story here. It’s clever, it’s mysterious and it definitely lives up to its title. That’s all I’m saying because I really don’t want to give any of it away.
Pam Nelson
What I love about a J.A. Huss book is nothing is as it seems. Seriously you go in thinking one thing and then she gives you these twists and turns and but the time you are done reading it was nothing like you thought it was going to be, in all the good ways.

We have to talk about the sex scenes because holy mother of love they were hot, I wasn’t expecting what came and the dirty talking yes please, more and more of that.

Of the seven people, this story revolves around I have to say I really
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-author
How do I rate this book? It is a twisty-turney mindf#*k of epic proportions and I admit I was confused and very unsure of what was even going on through most of it. The fact that I was mesmerized at the same time that I was confused shows what? Great writing and storytelling? I need more sleep? I need to lay off the wine? I’m still not sure. This is dark and dirty and trust me it all comes together at the end. Go in blind like I did and enjoy the ride! This is my first read by this author. Are ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Review to come
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Oh my goodness! What kind of mindfuckery was this? My head is spinning, and my hands are damp. I am confused, aroused, happy, sad, and everything in between. Huss truly knows who to mess with her readers' mind *shakes head* o.O
Laura Lee
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: JA Huss
4 Stars

Well if I didn’t believe in the #BuddySystem before, I am a firm believer now!

As I entered this book, I was a bit confused about what had transpired many years ago. This group of friends, had gone through something together back when they were seniors in college. Other than the weekly ‘meetings’ they attended, slowly this book unravels to tell us what they went through….and eventually caused this group of friends to grow apart… Well some of them.

Now here it is
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That was one hell of a read. Plot twists, intrigue, emotional and seriously hot. Every time I thought I worked out what was happening I realised I hadn’t. Fantastic romantic suspense read. Definitely grab it if you’re looking for something completely different.

I received an arc of this book
Ela
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE ARC WOW JUST WOW! YUP, ALL CAPS ALL THE WAY! This was one crazy ride and I loved it. Never ever saw those twists coming even when they were hinted but that's the beauty of reading JA Huss and her awesome Dark Romance!
Kitty Thomas
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Holy FUCK this book was amazing. This is the most mind-Fucky thing I've ever read (listened to) in my life. I don't even know what to say about this book. I mean I think the book's description is ALL you should know before you read/listen to this book. Don't try to find out more about it... just read.

SimplyƝì₭
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

"When you go in with us you go all in. So make a decision before you turn this page."

I am a huge Huss fan, I have read most if not all her books. The Dirty Ones is a Huss classic. It is filled with suspense, angst and shocking turns. But the writing style is some of her finest work to date. The scenes, character development and momentum just unfolds so eloquently, you are sucked in. I love the introduction to the book. Just like many, you read the opening and laugh. You think Huss is up to her
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my god what a complete mind fuck.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

When I started reading I didn’t expect to get what I got. I was second guessing everything. Everything I thought was going to happen didn’t actually happen.

My mind was blown, I just, wow.

The Dirty ones was definitely an unexpected surprise. If you like Pretty Little Liars or the movie Truth or Dare you’re definitely going to be interested in this book. It has those certain kind of feels to it and has you sitting
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
The Dirty Ones is fucking brilliant! This is one of the biggest mindfucks I’ve ever read that I didn’t already figure out what was going on. I was clueless like the characters were right up to the last page. My mind is officially blown. I’ll say this.. I thought Jordan was pulling his most epic game to date. Bravo, Julie, Bravo!! You proved me so fucking wrong and I bow down to you for that.
Jill
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was one crazy ride. As much as I tried, I could not figure this one out. I like that.
Butthisbook
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Hmmm.. The first 50% was freaking great. I didn’t know what the hell was going on or what was gonna happen but I was hooked. After the 50% things just got a little boring and confusing.
Rejane
Dec 26, 2018 marked it as not-interested
Kinda crazy, lazy, messy etc. etc. etc.
And what kind of author leaves to the reader to decide if things happened or not?? What is this? A guess game??

Ivy
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: from-tests, mystery
What did I just read?!
I was instantly sucked into this story and wanted to know these people and what secret from college days bond them together. But then it all became a mess and somewhere halfway through, I was out.

Hayden arranges for the the Dirty Ones to come together.
Back then, they were just a group of students at an elite college. Until they were invited to join, what they thought to be a, secret society but actually they had to play a perverted game. Their life was scripted and
Lisa Aiello
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy-romance
3.5 stars - And this is definitely a case of me vs. them (the ones who rightfully loved it). I wasn't all that engaged, I wasn't all that shocked, I wasn't all that scandalized and I wasn't all that satisfied with this storyline. The writing, as always, was so very well done. I just found the getting to what actually was going on took too long and I'm still not sure I understand it (or if I'm even supposed to). At 80%, I still had no idea what was happening. And by that point, I honestly didn't ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Some Like It Hot!: This topic has been closed to new comments. December BOTM The dirty ones by JA Huss 8 26 Dec 18, 2018 09:26PM
Maryse's Book Blo...: The Dirty Ones by JA Huss *SPOILERS* 104 36 Dec 18, 2018 12:53PM

• Sacred Sins (Sins Duet, #2)
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • Pretty Scars
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • The Devil (Devil's Playground, #1)
  • The Five
  • Permission (Perversion Trilogy, #3)
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • Deal with the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • We Shouldn't
  • Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet, #2)
  • Lies (Web of Sin, #2)
  • Roma King (Roma Royals Duet #1)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • When Ashes Fall
  • Tripping on a Halo
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic ...more